Purgatory True of False

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES!!!! What a burden and a lie to put that on people to think they have to spend all day praying futile prayers to do what Jesus Christ has already done (save people). And yet ....it is appointed unto man once to die and after this, the judgment. There are no second chances after death.
Sound it out sister . Now you see why my concern is getting the gosple out NOW unto the living .
Cause once one dies its too late . I think you already know what i am about to type next .
But allow me to type it anyway . In one sense the catholic religoin is no different than the mormon or others .
THEY will LIE to folks . Their belief is , WELL as long as we got them into the catholic church , that was all that mattered .
I dont even think most catholics know how crooked their own system is .

Reactions: Pythagorean12

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Read the passage. The Lord Jesus died at the Cross for sins not His own.

Nothing to do with church rites and rituals and supposed human merit.

That doesn't answer the question.
I assume from that you don't know what the "it" was.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who follow the Scriptural view of the Cross often refer to a finished work.
COME YE UNTO ME all who do labor and are weary , and I SHALL GIVE THEE REST .
Come ye unto Christ all ye who are trapped in the doctrines of Rome and of men and the truth shall set you free .
Come ye unto Christ all you who pray unto saints , to mary , or the protestant realm who teaches
ye must heed it or its doctrines and CHRIST shall set you free .
GO YE into YOUR BIBLES all you who name the name of CHRIST and by the SPIRIT that doctrine will set you free from the snares of men .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You won't even look at all the Scriptural evidence for Purgatory because you don't believe in it.
How absurd and closed minded can you get.
A place of eternal torment does exist . We cannot pray anyone out of it or into it .
THE CC has lied to you my friend . TRUST IN JESUS and one will never see such a place .
And by trust , by faith , that would entail one is a hearer and a doer of what JESUS did teach and later the apostels did .
For there is no such thing as dead faith . AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING as POPE FRANCIS type of faith .
Take heed to both these reminders . FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD . BUT SO IS WORKS WITHOUT FAITH .
If one fed the poor , as does oprah wimprhey and scores of others , YET THEIR FAITH IS Not in CHRIST or in a new age christ
THEY GONNA PERSIH and BURN . The churches are tanking fast . ALL are going under a social gosple
which aint no gosple at all .
Francis leads in it and his right hand men and women can be found NOT ONLY IN the catholic church , but ALL OVER the protestant realm
as well . THEY ALL SOLD OUT . And i will DIE before i follow their LIE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what was the "it" that was finished?
Answers with reasons please.
His time here as a suffering man was finished. He had paid the price to reopen the Door to the Tree of Life in the Garden that had been closed. Now overcomers properly attired may walk through that door and partake of the Tree of Life. Many people believe it is a "come as you are" thing"

Yes, when we answer the Call, it is "come as you are"... but then God has provided what is needed to enter in and to then partake of the Tree of Life. Those trying to enter unprepared and/or improperly attired will not be allowed within.

"So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life" Gen 3:24

"And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:12-14

Overcomers only eat of that other Tree!

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Who has overcome as Jesus overcame? Who is allowing God to do that through them?

Quenching the Spirit hinders and stops the work of God in us eventually preventing us from finishing our course on the Lord's side.

Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Taken

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who follow the Scriptural view of the Cross often refer to a finished work.

And what is the Scriptural view that you claim they are following?
And what is this work that is finished?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
His time here as a suffering man was finished. He had paid the price to reopen the Door to the Tree of Life in the Garden that had been closed. Now overcomers properly attired may walk through that door and partake of the Tree of Life. Many people believe it is a "come as you are" thing"

Yes, when we answer the Call, it is "come as you are"... but then God has provided what is needed to enter in and to then partake of the Tree of Life. Those trying to enter unprepared and/or improperly attired will not be allowed within.

"So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life" Gen 3:24

"And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:12-14

Overcomers only eat of that other Tree!

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Who has overcome as Jesus overcame? Who is allowing God to do that through them?

Quenching the Spirit hinders and stops the work of God in us eventually preventing us from finishing our course on the Lord's side.

Help us dear Lord!

Very nice Amadeus but Scripture doesn't say that was what Jesus was referring to.

Reactions: amadeus

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sound it out sister . Now you see why my concern is getting the gosple out NOW unto the living .
Cause once one dies its too late . I think you already know what i am about to type next .
But allow me to type it anyway . In one sense the catholic religoin is no different than the mormon or others .
THEY will LIE to folks . Their belief is , WELL as long as we got them into the catholic church , that was all that mattered .
I dont even think most catholics know how crooked their own system is .
True. But there again, actual RRC Catholics for the most part are dedicated to , by that bit of sprinkling, and raised in the church teachings.
Fear is a huge motivator to stay loyal.
Which is why RRC teaches conditional reprieve from sins. It can't rightly in any way be referred to as a teaching of the Gospel Salvation truth because it is not that.

Back hundreds of years ago the church burned people alive. Better to burn in this life for a little while and purge your sins than to burn eternally in them.
Witnesses to that, and often times the church made attendance compulsory, delivered a visual warning to both the faithful and the faithless as to what awaited for eternity after this life.
Doctrinal terrorism.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious, do you study the Bible or some publication produced by the Catholic Church?
Brilliant. It explains why Jesus' last words from the cross before committing his soul to the Father, is something they never heard before. "It is finished."
Many RRC members don't own Bibles. And if they do, it has to be that approved by the Vatican.

Reactions: reformed1689

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Curious, do you study the Bible or some publication produced by the Catholic Church?

I use many sources:
The Bible of course, official Catholic documents, writings of the early church fathers, Catholic apologists, commentaries -, both Catholic and Protestant, and some Protestant sources.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brilliant. It explains why Jesus' last words from the cross before committing his soul to the Father, is something they never heard before. "It is finished."
Many RRC members don't own Bibles. And if they do, it has to be that approved by the Vatican.

You do talk nonsense. Like many of your kind you just give opinions - no evidence. But then perhaps you think your opinions are enough.

BTW I'm a Catholic not an RRC whatever that is.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use many sources:
The Bible of course, official Catholic documents, writings of the early church fathers, Catholic apologists, commentaries -, both Catholic and Protestant, and some Protestant sources.
Are your beliefs (doctrine) derived from anything other than the Holy Bible? Has God given the Church or the Pope additional doctrine and truths that Christians need to follow?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are your beliefs (doctrine) derived from anything other than the Holy Bible? Has God given the Church or the Pope additional doctrine and truths that Christians need to follow?

At the risk of lforest stepping in and telling us off for going way off topic again I'll answer you.
Neither the Catholic Church not the Orthodox Churches are Sola Scriptura. That is an unbiblical doctrine introduced in the reformation. Both Catholics and Orthodox recognise Sacred Tradition as the words of God that were not written down in the Scriptures.

The early Church did not derive it's doctrines from Scripture. They were handed down orally by Jesus and the apostles. The NT was not finally decided until several hundred years after Jesus' death. It's the fantasy that you can sit down with a Bible and derive your doctrines from it that has led to the ever splintering 30,000+ Protestant denominations, sects, cults and one pastor churches with conflicting doctrines.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 1:6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Revelation 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.