Purgatory True of False

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not even going to look at that because I don't believe in purgatory and I believe that Jesus has paid the full price and I, as are all true Christians will not need any further purification. To suggest that that is necessary is to belittle the sacrifice Jesus already made to cleanse us of Sin.
I don't come on this sight to argue but to encourage and be encouraged and inspired. I know you are a fellow Brit but you are a Catholic and have you deep seated views which are different from mine. So with that in mind I will put you on my ignore list. Bye and God bless.

You won't even look at all the Scriptural evidence for Purgatory because you don't believe in it.
How absurd and closed minded can you get.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is @Mungo it has never been taught in any of the churches I have been part of.
And for sure and for certain we cannot pray anyone out of the place of judmgent after they are dead .
I can no more pray a soul out of hellfire than i can pray one into hell fire .
IF in this life one rejected Christ they will be denied as HE has let all know in that bible .
IF you deny ME before men then I will DENY you before GOD and the angels . AND NO prayers can save
those who have already departed. ONLY JESUS SAVES and thus its DIRE important we get that GOSPEL out as they did in the early church .
Eternal life is real and the reward of a lamb shall be great on the day of the LORD . BUt soo too is eternal damnation
and it does await all who denied the TESTIMONY OF GOD which HE gave of HIS OWN SON .
I am a stickler to THAT GOSPEL and that folks must beleive in Christ to be saved .

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. Gertrude's writings contain no such promise and the Church has officially condemned prayer cards containing a promise to release one or more souls from purgatory.
Since when?? My mother-in-law spends literally hours every day praying for the release of souls in purgatory. (sigh)

Reactions: amigo de christo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ Wonderful for the believer that the Lord Jesus 'ever liveth to make intercession' for those who trust Him, because of His finished work at the Cross!
YES!!!! What a burden and a lie to put that on people to think they have to spend all day praying futile prayers to do what Jesus Christ has already done (save people). And yet ....it is appointed unto man once to die and after this, the judgment. There are no second chances after death.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since when??
Pope Leo XIII, Pope from 1878 - 1903

My mother-in-law spends literally hours every day praying for the release of souls in purgatory. (sigh)
Nothing wrong with praying for the release of souls in Purgatory, indeed very commendable.
What is wrong is thinking that just reciting a particular prayer will release 1,000 souls.
(See more at this web site St. Gertrude Prayer Releases 1,000 Souls from Purgatory. Or, Does It?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are reaching - as you must. John 24: says nothing about 3 in 1 being. Just admit the trinity is not in the Bible, nothing like what I wrote in Post #108.
You claim is error, as scripture clearly teaches below

1 John 5:7-8KJV
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not easy to make the cut for purgatory because if a Catholic leaves this
life with just one un-absolved mortal sin on the books, just one, they go
straight to Hell --it's a direct flight, so to speak --no stopover in a halfway
house

When a believer dies he goes straight to be with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8), but the dead (spiritually dead) praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence (Psalm 115:17).

To God Be The Glory

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm not even going to look at that because I don't believe in purgatory and I believe that Jesus has paid the full price and I, as are all true Christians will not need any further purification. To suggest that that is necessary is to belittle the sacrifice Jesus already made to cleanse us of Sin.
I don't come on this sight to argue but to encourage and be encouraged and inspired. I know you are a fellow Brit but you are a Catholic and have you deep seated views which are different from mine. So with that in mind I will put you on my ignore list. Bye and God bless.
@Pearl Indeed; "It is finished" (John 19.30).

Reactions: Pearl

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
That was a lot of work deleting all those off topic posts.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ Wonderful for the believer that the Lord Jesus 'ever liveth to make intercession' for those who trust Him, because of His finished work at the Cross!
Those who .................
lets examine that next word . Those who trust in HIM , those who COME TO HIM .
Any soul that comes to JESUS and is HIS wont see no such place .
Thus the reminder stands . Once a soul leaves this world where it will end up is based on who it followed who it trusted in
who it beleived in . Lambs dont go to no place of torment . Only those who denied Christ . Only those who trust
was in their religoin and not IN JESUS ALONE . And we cant pray them out of that place . Nor could we pray anyone
out of Heaven either . Its too late once one breathes their last . WE must stay focused on the living
not on the souls that have departed this world .

Reactions: Pearl and TEXBOW