Purpose of the Millennium

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 4:3-4 KJV
[3] For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. [4] For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Tecarta Bible
One correction though. I hope that you are not pointing to the 7th day as being the "rest" that we are to enter into!!
The 7th day is symbolic of the "rest" that Jesus gives to His born again saints by His Spirit. It is His Peace that He gives to us, that is His Rest, and not that of the dysfunctional 7th day rest from physical labor.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One correction though. I hope that you are not pointing to the 7th day as being the "rest" that we are to enter into!!
The 7th day is symbolic of the "rest" that Jesus gives to His born again saints by His Spirit. It is His Peace that He gives to us, that is His Rest, and not that of the dysfunctional 7th day rest from physical labor.
The first was natural the last is spiritual

Reactions: Nancy and Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has His glory filled His temple?

Haggai 2:6-9 For thus saith the Lord of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land ; [7] And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts. [8] The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts. [9] The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts.
We each and collectively, who believe in Jesus, are the temple of God, and not some ficticious, wanna be temple in Jerusalem!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We each and collectively, who believe in Jesus, are the temple of God, and not some ficticious, wanna be temple in Jerusalem!

Agree. That wasn’t the question though...maybe you can help as I go back and forth between this. The word speaks often on His appearing. The temple that growth with Christ as the chief corner...men are warned in how they built upon and what is burned...suffering loss. Repeatedly scripture says to rejoice or be happy in being tried so you lack nothing at His appearing. You mentioned 2 Thes. 1 [7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
[10] When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

From His presence “in flaming fire” when He shall come to be glorified in His saints and them that believed...what I’m asking is: isn’t the Fire His presence(our God is a consuming Fire), His glory filling ...would this not be when the hay and stubble is burned? Whom He destroys with the brightness of His coming...so that leaves the question of: has His presence not already filled His temple, and each baptized with fire added to the body...or is it yet a “brightness of His coming”? Has His glory filled the temple that grows with Christ as the chief corner? 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. [14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. [15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From His presence “in flaming fire” when He shall come to be glorified in His saints and them that believed...what I’m asking is: isn’t the Fire His presence(our God is a consuming Fire), His glory filling ...would this not be when the hay and stubble is burned? Whom He destroys with the brightness of His coming...so that leaves the question of: has His presence not already filled His temple, and each baptized with fire added to the body...or is it yet a “brightness of His coming”?
You have mixed up three different things in these quotations. Christ is presently seated at the right hand of the Father in Heaven. But there are two future judgments that will take place:

1. The judgment of the works of believers at the Judgment Seat of Christ (in Heaven after the Rapture). Here the fire which burns up the metaphorical wood, hay, and stubble is metaphorical. Similarly the gold, silver, and precious stones are metaphorical. All of this refers to the eternal value of the works of Christians, and whether or not they will receive rewards and crowns. But no one's salvation is at stake, since that is a gift of God.

2. The judgment of the unbelieving and the ungodly at Armageddon, when Christ comes with literal and supernatural flaming fire to destroy His enemies, and the enemies of Israel. Here is where "our God is a consuming fire" applies. This is also where the brightness of His coming is displayed, and it will be like lightning which will be seen worldwide. And all the inhabitants of the earth will weep and mourn in terror at that time.

3. The entrance of God into the Millennial Temple is when the glory of God fills the temple. You will find this in the prophecy of Ezekiel, and this is after the Second Coming of Christ and the establishment of redeemed and restored Israel.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A fanciful interpretation on your part of the referenced passage. Here is the Scripture that you alluded to: -

Luke 13:32-33: - 32 And He said to them, "Go, tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.' 33 Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem.​

Even I have difficulties to draw the conclusion that you do.

Perhaps you have been drinking too much Kool Aid or some other form of energy drink and you have become confused. What you claim is the understanding of Luke_13:32 text, bears no resemblance to what you have claimed.
Are those two verses talking about the same time periods?
I and many others can see that they aren't. v32 says He will be perfected or other trans; His rest or reward. v33 tells of His Crucifixion.

Your aspersions and comments, show your extreme bias toward anything that conflicts with your beliefs.
Make no mistake, and "be not ignorant", the symbolic 1000 years IS NOW, and has been, ever since Pentecost!!
What is prophesied to happen during the Millennium, is in no way the situation now, or for the time ever since Jesus Ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father.
Jesus will Return again in glory and reign for a literal 1000 years, all as clearly prophesied.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are those two verses talking about the same time periods?
I and many others can see that they aren't. v32 says He will be perfected or other trans; His rest or reward. v33 tells of His Crucifixion.

Your aspersions and comments, show your extreme bias toward anything that conflicts with your beliefs.

Your inclusions of many others who apparently agree with your views is not supported in your response. One an only conclude that you are wanting the support of the invisible people who might agree with you. Now if you want to have their support then you should name them so that their expressed views without bias can be validated.

The last sentenced quoted from your post is claiming that I am attacking and commenting on your beliefs because they are in conflict with what I believe. Nothing could be further from the truth. I simply quoted the passage that you referenced as supporting your "theories" and stated that the verses quoted bore no resemblance to what you were claiming nor could I make them support your claims. Your lack of understanding of what was promised in Gen_12:1 & 7 has completely skewered your understanding of the OT End Time prophecies.

Now since you have no understanding of the Hebrew and Greek texts, you have no basis on which to argue against what you do not understand.

You just keep telling us that you are right but that is not supported by the scriptures that you are referencing.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are those two verses talking about the same time period

What is prophesied to happen during the Millennium, is in no way the situation now, or for the time ever since Jesus Ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father.
Jesus will Return again in glory and reign for a literal 1000 years, all as clearly prophesied.
So then, according to your thinking, a secret rapture of the church into Glory precedes 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10? How can that be so, when such a doctrine is in direct oposition to the two words of "when", describing the Lord's physical return and revealed Glory?
Surely you must know that all who are not saved shall be burned to a crisp! Verses 8-9.

[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
[10] When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the question is, who will be around and alive, still living in their natural flesh?
No one!! Therefore, there will be no futuristic 1000 year reign on earth

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The entrance of God into the Millennial Temple

That is why I was asking about His entering into the temple. Do not believe we agree on what is the temple of God made without hands.

The judgment of the works of believers at the Judgment Seat of Christ (in Heaven after the Rapture). Here the fire which burns up the metaphorical wood, hay, and stubble is metaphorical.

Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why I was asking about His entering into the temple. Do not believe we agree on what is the temple of God made without hands.

Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
The Temple of Jerusalem will be built.
We are the temple of the Holy Spirit when we are saved and baptized. Yes both temples are in the Bible. The Jews don't have what we have in spirit. Their prophesy will be fulfilled as ours will.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Now since you have no understanding of the Hebrew and Greek texts, you have no basis on which to argue against what you do not understand.
This shows your desire to denigrate and abuse anyone who contradicts you.
Accusing me of not knowing any of the ancient texts, is not right. I don't claim to be an expert, but I do have some understanding and I make good use of the Interlinear Scripture site.
You just keep telling us that you are right but that is not supported by the scriptures that you are referencing.
It isn't me that is 'right', it is the Prophets. They wrote very detailed accounts of history in advance. Some as an allegory, but most as a literal story of future events. Even the allegories can be explained literally from other Bible passages.
What i am saying is, the Lord's return for His church is a simultaneous event with the destruction of the unsaved.
This idea is not what the Prophetic Word tells us will happen during the end times.
Revelation 21:27 is quite clear how there will always be some ungodly people.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the presence of the Lord with the body...or not yet?
Acts 3:19-21 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; [20] And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: [21] Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Your question isn't really aligned with the Scripture you posted. The "times of refreshing" and "times of restitution of all things" is about the future when Jesus returns. There will be a 2nd coming of Christ back to this earth, ya know. It is written.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Supposed to have ceased from our works in the fruit is of the Spirit. If we haven’t entered His Rest yet as told to of God, then how are we any different from those all warned would not hear and enter into His Rest.

What craziness is that, "Supposed to have ceased from our works in the fruit is of the Spirit"?

No, we have not yet ceased today from our works in Christ Jesus. One of the most important works we are to do for Him is coming up in the time of future great tribulation!

We are to make a 'stand' in that time for Christ Jesus, give a Witness by The Holy Spirit (Mark 13; Rev.11 with the "two candlesticks"). This is why Apostle Peter quoted from Joel 2 regarding the manifesting of the cloven tongue, which is about the time just prior to the "day of the Lord". That day of The Lord is the day when Jesus returns to gather His Church and defeat His enemies. Sadly, not many brethren go back to the Book of Joel and read it line upon line, verse by verse, not realizing the Joel 2 & 3 chapters are about the trib and day of the Lord thereafter.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has His glory filled His temple?

Haggai 2:6-9 For thus saith the Lord of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land ; [7] And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts. [8] The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts. [9] The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts.

Apostle Paul quoted that Haggai 2:6 verse in conjunction with the event of God's consuming fire, which is the event to end this present world on the "day of the Lord" per Peter in 2 Peter 3:10-12.

Heb 12:25-29
25 See that ye refuse not Him That speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused Him That spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from Him That speaketh from heaven:
26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now He hath promised, saying, 'Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.'
27 And this word, 'Yet once more', signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29 For our God is a consuming fire.
KJV

Thus Haggai 2:6-7 is actually for the very end of this present world.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It isn't me that is 'right', it is the Prophets. They wrote very detailed accounts of history in advance. Some as an allegory, but most as a literal story of future events. Even the allegories can be explained literally from other Bible passages.

I agree with you that the Prophets are right in what they wrote, but the translation of what the Prophets' wrote is not right and this is what you are basing your theories on. You claim in your theory that all the saints go back to the "Promised land", and live happily ever after during the end times.

The prophets make no such claim. That is your fantasy about what will happen. God through the prophets states that He will gather Israel to Himself and that He will teach them about the "Mountains" of Israel and will plant them in the "soil" of Israel where they are scattered throughout the whole earth. For the Israelites to be a blessing to all of the nations of the Earth, they must remain scattered throughout the whole earth, not gathered as you are suggesting into the land of Canaan.

The language of the Prophets is metaphorically and not literal as you are suggesting.

You are defending your theory which cannot be defended. The more you attempt to defend your theory, the less likely it is even right.

Shalom