Purpose of the Millennium

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation covers the first days of the Millennium, when Jesus Christ comes to earth to establish His kingdom. This chapter runs close to the prophecies of Ezekiel in the last eight (8) chapters of the book of Ezekiel. "Millennium" means "1,000 years". This period is basically a 1,000 years of teaching and learning.

Jesus Christ will be with us here on earth in His kingdom then. There will be teaching and discipline, and many people saved in this Millennium period. Most of the people saved today will not be reigning with Christ in the Millennium, because they will throw their inheritance away very soon, when they choose to go whoring after the Antichrist. Some of these people are the ones who believe in the rapture theory. They will chase after the first messiah that appears on earth and not be part of the wedding between Christ and His bride (the church) at the sounding of the seventh trump.

Those who fall into the trap of the rapture theory doctrine can repent and be saved in the Millennium age, when their sins of following the Antichrist are committed in ignorance. You can even look at the Millennium kingdom as the "time of salvation", for many will accept and follow Christ in the Millennium. However the period of grace is for this age of the flesh only, for in the Millennium age salvation will be by their works only as we will see in this chapter. Due to the great apostasy there will be more saved out of the Millennium, than during any other period of time.

It's no way possible that flesh can be here as it is stated ,flesh and blood cannot enter and the kingdom becomes His at His coming

I give you that scripture and you try to spin it,that's why we won't and can't agree

Revelation 11:15 "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of Our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

This is the seventh and final trumpet, from the time that the two witnesses stand to their feet, we are dealing in seconds, and minutes for it all to occur. The third woe comes with the seventh trumpet. All prophecy in the entire Bible dealing with the seventh, and last trumpet happens instantly at this time.

The voices that boom around the world will announce; "The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of the kingdom of our Lord, and of His Christ: and He shall reign for ever and ever."

When Satan is released at the end of the Millennium period, this will not interfer with God's kingdom on earth. It continues through then, and into eternity, world without end. Remember that when Satan returns after the Millennium kingdom, he will not have his hoards of fallen angels with him.

At the seventh trumpet Jesus Christ is returning to be King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Do you understand that 1/3 of God's children sided with satan in his rebellion?Please do a study on the first earth age,until you understand that you won't get it

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
satan is the only one by name who has been sentenced to die ,in other words he's already been judged,now ask yourself a question why didn't God destroy him then?Why,because then He would have had to kill all those that followed him,His children .Instead He destroyed the age ,that's why we were born of flesh,to mack a choice as to whom we would follow.

And just like he(satan) was condemned some were found justified

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations

Paul was also chosen

Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said unto him, "Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"

Does this say that Paul was a volunteer for the service of the church? No, God said, "He is a chosen vessel unto me," meaning that Paul was one of God's elect. Paul had gained the experience to serve a purpose for God, and God knew Paul from the beginning. From before even the foundations of the world [this earth age of the flesh].

Paul was selected by God to bare the name of Jesus Christ the Son of God, before the Gentiles, the kings, which are those in authority, and the children of Israel. Paul had a three fold mission. Paul therefore taught on three levels, and it is for this reason that any true teacher, gifted in God's Word, will also teach on three levels. These levels mean that wherever one person is in the Word of God, there will be a message in it for them.

As those people grow and mature in the Word, they could listen to that same teacher three times and each time through, they should learn something new each time. They will think that it is a new discovery each time through, for God's Word builds on itself, and what is important to the baby in Christ, seeking the milk of the Word, is different then the mature Christian that seeks more then just salvation and baptism. A gifted teacher teaches on whatever level the listener is at. That is why it is important that you learn from the Word of God, and not the words and traditions of men.

Notice there is a difference between those men of free will, and those men that have a destiny, and purpose of the elect of God. Those of the elect know deep inside themselves that they have a destiny and purpose for their lives. Paul knew he had a destiny, only he was confused which way that was. He grabbed out at man's way, instead of seeking God's way. When the time came, God put a stop to Paul's way, and He blinded him.

Again if one does not understand the 3 ages scripture will be hard

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You keep saying that,but where does it say ONLY?
Just read Revelation 20:2-3 very carefully.
Those verses specify exactly who will be resurrected by Jesus at Hs Return, the Trib martyrs: ONLY.
But the rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years are finished.

Any notions of a general resurrection then, just contradicts this and is a false teaching.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Revelation 20:5 could not b e clearer;
If what is described in Revelation and in any of the other prophesies, can be literally fulfilled and nothing like it has happened in the past, then to arbitrarily dismiss those prophesies is a serous mistake. No one can just say; that's just 'word pictures', that have no significance to what will happen some time in the future. What if we, as I do believe; are at the edge of these things taking place?
We Christians should not be in the dark about God's plans for our future. 1 Thess 5:4-5

The Millennium will be for 1000 years Rev 20 mentions it 6 times. It will be the 'Sabbath' period for mankind and the earth, as 6000 years exactly will have passed since Adam until Jesus Returns.

So Jesus has a sword coming out of his mouth and when in heaven takes the form of a Lamb standing as if it has been slain. There are thousands of people under the throne and prayers are stored in bowls. Revelation depicts things we donot understand and to say the only interpretation that is valid is a literal one puts you at risk of adding to scripture.

To say that the 1k is a literal 1k when it equaly could stand for a symbolic period of time risks adding your understanding to scripture.

There is only one point any of us can be dogmatic about.

Jesus is coming again.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So Jesus has a sword coming out of his mouth and when in heaven takes the form of a Lamb standing as if it has been slain. There are thousands of people under the throne and prayers are stored in bowls. Revelation depicts things we donot understand and to say the only interpretation that is valid is a literal one puts you at risk of adding to scripture.
We must read the prophesies using our common sense.
I never said that we must strictly literalize everything. What can be fulfilled literally; will be, and what is allegory and metaphor, is usually easily explained.
Jesus' Sword is the Sword of His Word. It is the SOULS of people under the Altar in heaven; a spiritual concept, as are the bowls.

I disagree the Revelation says things that cannot be understood. In all the rest of the Bible, there are many references to the events given chronologically in Revelation.
It is people who have already decided what they want God to do for them, who have a problem with the prophesies.

Agreed! Jesus will come again! But He will Return to a very different world than how it is at present. We Christians should know and be prepared for what must happen.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We must read the prophesies using our common sense.
I never said that we must strictly literalize everything. What can be fulfilled literally; will be, and what is allegory and metaphor, is usually easily explained.
Jesus' Sword is the Sword of His Word. It is the SOULS of people under the Altar in heaven; a spiritual concept, as are the bowls.

I disagree the Revelation says things that cannot be understood. In all the rest of the Bible, there are many references to the events given chronologically in Revelation.
It is people who have already decided what they want God to do for them, who have a problem with the prophesies.

Agreed! Jesus will come again! But He will Return to a very different world than how it is at present. We Christians should know and be prepared for what must happen.

Good we can agree that intelligence and common sence has to be used in understamding revelation.
Which means things like a spirit being being bound with a chain is not literal it is a picture of that being being restrained, so it follows that the period of his restraint is equally a picture of a period of time.

Jesus returning to a different world!
While physically things may or may not have changed spiritual things will not have changed.
Some people will be Christian. A lot will not be Christian. No difference now and no difference then.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
so it follows that the period of his restraint is equally a picture of a period of time.
Not necessarily.
As the thousand year period is mentioned several times and is something that can literally, physically, be fulfilled; then it should be understood it will actually happen. This is proved by the fact of exactly 6000 years will have elapsed when Jesus Returns. The final 1000, of the 7000 years decreed for mankind, will be the Sabbath equivalent for the earth.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Every realm will serve and obey His holy people

Amos 9:13-15 The time is surely coming, says the Lord, when the one who plows shall overtake the one who reaps, and the treader of grapes, the one who sows the seed; the mountains shall drip sweet wine, all the hills shall flow with it. I will restore the fortunes of My people, Israel, and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine, and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant them upon their Land and they shall never again be plucked up out of the Land I have given them.
That scripture promises restoration for a devastated land and a dispersed people and it does so in a beautiful description of overflowing fertility in field and vineyard along with an unqualified pledge of “never again” for Hid faithful people to be dispossessed.

Bible prophecy refers to a divinely established Utopia (Greek- good place) in which, God puts an end to this world of injustice and unrighteousness on earth and replaces it with a world of justice and righteousness on earth.

This end times Kingdom is the covenantal kingdom, brought to its ultimate perfection and ideal consummation, here on earth. Hebrews 8:8-12

Daniel 7:27 The Kingly power, sovereignty and greatness of all the Kingdoms under heaven will be given to the Holy people of the Most High. Their Kingly power will last for ever and every realm will serve and obey them.

So, how will the God of justice and righteousness treat the Gentiles in establishing this utopian Kingdom on earth?

Micah 4:1-2 In days to come, the Lords House will tower above the hills. The nations will stream toward it, saying; Let us go to the House of Jacob’s God, that He may teach us His ways, for instruction comes from Zion. [and in Isaiah 2:2-4]

Zechariah 8:20 Nations and dwellers in many cities will come to Jerusalem to entreat the favor of the Lord.

Those warlike and idol worshipping peoples will be converted to godly worship, under a God of justice and peace. They will not become Israelites, but all will live together under God. This will be the situation after Jesus Returns, during His Millennium rule.

But we know from the many prophesies like Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 34:11-16, that the time is coming when all the Lord’s faithful Christian people will go to live in all of the holy Land, BEFORE the Return of Jesus. They will, at last, be as God always intended His people to be, His witnesses and His Light to the nations. Isaiah 42:6, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27, Isaiah 49:8, Matthew 5:14-16

Psalms 37:29 The righteous shall possess the Land and will live there forever.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Just read Revelation 20:2-3 very carefully.
Those verses specify exactly who will be resurrected by Jesus at Hs Return, the Trib martyrs: ONLY.
But the rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years are finished.

Any notions of a general resurrection then, just contradicts this and is a false teaching.

I Corinthians 15:52 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

The kingdom of God is wherever Jesus Christ is, and flesh and blood cannot exist in that kingdom. When Christ returns for the Millennium age here on earth, flesh and blood bodies will not exist.

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"

This is a mystery that Paul is going to reveal to us that had been hidden until Paul's writing. This mystery concerns what happens at a particular point in time, for at that instant, there will be no more death. "Sleep" as used here, is # 2838 in the Strong's Greek Dictionary; "Koimesis, koy'-may-sis; from 2837, to put to sleep." We read in # 2837; "Koimao, Koy-mah'-o; to put to sleep, to decease, to be dead."

So a time is coming when all the people on the face of the earth will never see death in their flesh bodies again. This is the mystery that Paul is going to tell us; when this event shall take place.

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

On the first day of the Millennium age, the "Kingdom of Heaven" will be with us on earth. You cannot enter that kingdom age in a flesh body. Therefore, it is written in verse 52 that all will be changed, in the wink of an eye, and at the last trump (seventh trump). When that seventh trump sounds, everyone on earth will be changed to an incorruptible body.

That doesn't have anything to do with your soul, or its condition. Your physical body and your spiritual body (soul) have nothing to do with the condition of one another. Your soul is your inner man that will exist in your current flesh body, and either at death or at the seventh trump, will be changed and enter into a new body (spirit body) which will not be subject to the decay this flesh body is subject to.

So, to understand what will occur in the Millennium age, you must understand that instantly following the seventh trump, all flesh bodies simply do not have life. Not one person will exist in the flesh. Every person will have the same capabilities and all will have the understanding to be taught without Satan's influence.

However, only those saints of God who have died in the flesh, or who lived and stood against Satan will take part in the first resurrection. By that I mean, will have an active part with Jesus Christ in His kingdom and reign, as he rules and teaches the earth for one thousand years, and live in their immortal soul bodies. (There will be those who stumble for a short time and bow to satan, but they will repent before the seventh trumpet. Daniel 11:34 and still be part of the first resurrection - because they repented prior to the end of this flesh age).

I Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

The word "mortal" as used here in the Greek manuscripts never applies to a physical body, but it applies to your soul. So we see our physical bodies are gone at the seventh trump, and the mortal (soul) must put on immortality. That soul becomes your existence in the Millennium age. When the time of judgment comes at the end of the Millennium, you will enter eternity with Christ, or you will cease to exist -- you will be destroyed. At that time even the memory of your existence will be eliminated. This is serious business, my friend, and you know it.

If you enter the Millennium with a mortal (liable to die) soul, by following the Antichrist in ignorance, you must be an overcomer in the Millennium, or your soul will not put on immortality, and it will die.

Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

We saw that those who took part in the first resurrection were those who died in the Lord, and those who did not yield to Satan, the Antichrist during his "one world" reign. Those who did not take the Antichrist's "mark of the beast", these are the blessed and holy ones. All of these people already will possess an immortal soul during the Millennium.

The "second death" is the second time of testing at the end of the Millennium age after Satan is released for a short season. The saints of Christ, and overcomers of the Antichrist's reign in this earth age of the flesh will not go through the second testing, or resurrection, with those mortal souls living in the Millennium age.

What are you going to do in the Millennium as a saint of Christ? You're going to be priests of God, and reign with Him. You are going to teach and oversee, and judge those mortal souls, as they will learn and follow all directives of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is the mystery that Paul is going to tell us; when this event shall take place.
But Paul doesn't tell us exactly when his prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56, takes place.
However we can discern it from verse 54b-55, where Death is done away with. Referring to Isaiah 25:8 and Hosea 13:14 respectively.
Then; Revelation 21:4, after the Millennium and the New Jerusalem, the New Heavens and the New Earth come into being; then and only then, will those worthy go into Eternity, as immortal, spiritual beings.
Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

We saw that those who took part in the first resurrection were those who died in the Lord, and those who did not yield to Satan, the Antichrist during his "one world" reign. Those who did not take the Antichrist's "mark of the beast", these are the blessed and holy ones. All of these people already will possess an immortal soul during the Millennium.
Obviously, those martyrs resurrected at Jesus Return, CAN die a second death. They are not made immortal, Rev 20:4 does not say that.
But they do have their names in the Book of Life, so will automatically receive immortality at the GWT Judgement, if they do die, or remain alive, as Paul describes in 1 Cor 15:52.
That instantaneous change into imperishable bodies does not and cannot happen before the end of the Millennium.
What are you going to do in the Millennium as a saint of Christ? You're going to be priests of God, and reign with Him. You are going to teach and oversee, and judge those mortal souls, as they will learn and follow all directives of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Yes those who have proved their faith and trust in Jesus, will be His priests and will rule peoples during the Millennium. Isaiah 66:21, Revelation 5:10 Nowhere does the Bible say they will be immortal then.

I suggest, n2thelight, that you and all who grip onto the idea of a 'rapture to heaven', or any 'glorification of your body', that you seriously reconsider what the Bible really does tell us will happen in the soon to happen end time events.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I suggest, n2thelight, that you and all who grip onto the idea of a 'rapture to heaven', or any 'glorification of your body', that you seriously reconsider what the Bible really does tell us will happen in the soon to happen end time events.

I don't believe in the rapture at all,Pre Mid or Post .We gather to Christ at His one and only 2nd coming.

However before He returns if you die you return to the Father as Paul stated we shall not all sleep(die)but we shall ALL be changed.

The flesh simply will not exist in the millennium period!!!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't believe in the rapture at all,Pre Mid or Post .We gather to Christ at His one and only 2nd coming.

However before He returns if you die you return to the Father as Paul stated we shall not all sleep(die)but we shall ALL be changed.

The flesh simply will not exist in the millennium period!!!
Sorry for any confusion, I did think you were a post tribber.

Pauls prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56 does not say when this change will happen. But we know it happens after the Millennium from Revelation 20:11-15 and Revelation 21:1-7.
The few prophesies about the Millennium, make it clear that there will be normal human existence and death during the Millennium. Isaiah 65:20
The armies of the world who attack Jesus, Revelation 20:7-10, are killed by fire. They are humans, so your idea of only spiritual beings on earth for the Millennium, cannot be correct.

However, this isn't a Salvation issue and we do seem to have much in common. I look forward to meeting you in the holy Land. Zechariah 3:10

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Sorry for any confusion, I did think you were a post tribber.

Pauls prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56 does not say when this change will happen. But we know it happens after the Millennium from Revelation 20:11-15 and Revelation 21:1-7.
The few prophesies about the Millennium, make it clear that there will be normal human existence and death during the Millennium. Isaiah 65:20
The armies of the world who attack Jesus, Revelation 20:7-10, are killed by fire. They are humans, so your idea of only spiritual beings on earth for the Millennium, cannot be correct.

However, this isn't a Salvation issue and we do seem to have much in common. I look forward to meeting you in the holy Land. Zechariah 3:10

Revelation 20:7 "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison."

When everyone has been taught who are in their mortal (liable to die) soul bodies, then Satan will be loosed. Those teachings will have been given under perfect conditions, and all will have bodies with no ailments, perfect thought, and no temptations by Satan. In fact, all will know he was the deceiver of this earth age. Their understanding will be perfect.

Then Satan is released.

God is a God of love, and His love is shown by his great patience and understanding of the shortcomings of mankind. There will be no one who goes to hell, and is burned by ignorance. If someone follows Satan then, they deserve what they have coming. There will be many that will still follow Satan even with the full knowledge of the truth in their minds.

Revelation 20:8 "And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

"Gog and Magog" means from "the east to the west". We see Satan will cover the earth again for the deception of all mankind. Can you believe that, friend? Satan will still have his followers and hoards of unbelievers ready to do battle for him. After 1,000 years of teaching, the tribulation of the seven trumpets, and visually seeing Satan as the fallen one (deceived of the earth) in prison, they will still follow him in large numbers.

Think of the great seductive powers Satan has to use against you when you tend to let your guard down, and operate without the full armor of God. That armor must be continually in place and cover all areas that Satan will attack. Paul tells us to have on our armor in place in Ephesians 6:10-20, [inserted after chapter 17,on page 145].

Revelation 20:9 "And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

This beloved city is Jerusalem where Jesus Christ and His temple will be at the close of the Millennium age. It is here where the glory of God is, and God's fire from heaven will come down to devour Satan and all his followers.

This is the "great day of God" when the full Godhead comes to dwell on earth with His saints forever. This is different from the "day of the Lord", which was 1,000 years earlier, that took place at the seventh trump when Jesus Christ came and set up His kingdom for the Millennium.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks n2thelight.
Basically, I agree with your post above. That is what will happen. Excepting the Return at the 7th Trumpet; Jesus does not Return until the 7th Bowl. Revelation 16:16-18, Revelation 19:11

It is just your belief of immortality for some before the GWT Judgment, that conflicts will the scriptures I presented; where we differ.
Fortunately, the prophesies say that we will gain full understanding after the Sixth Seal event. Isaiah 29:23-24, Isaiah 32:3-4, Isaiah 35:4-5