• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm interested in what you think about it.

Of course what you are saying would be true if I were relying on you for the answer to a question that had to do with salvation...because of course you deny Christ's Deity and therefore to rely on you for the answer to a spiritual question might be to rely on someone who is going to die in their sins for the answer to a spiritual question about salvation.

But the question at hand, has nothing to do with salvation as far as I can tell.

If you don't have an answer for it, just say so.

Well you read it another way. I guess I should have made it clearer. If you are asking anyone, not just me, about, is there anything more to walking in the spirit than being in the scriptures, then yes, you need to be examining your spiritual walk again.

Look back at the diagram I posted for you and you can see there is more to 'walking in the spirit' than the written scripture.

If you want more clarification then by all means I can expand on it...and it has to with sanctification and maturity.

Blessings,

APAK

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes; for we put on the new man as we apply the holy scriptures to our lives.

Yes, so true. There's work to be done in this walk with Jesus.

Romans 13
[14] But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont put on the new man by reading the bible.
You dont need a bible to put on the new man.
You need a new mind to put on the man.
Putting on the New Man is to bring your mind into the same perspective as God's.
This is the "mind of Christ".
Getting THAT, is how you put on the new man.

Through knowledge of the Word, you learn Jesus; and when you learn Jesus, you are to put on the new man, and to not make provision for the flesh to fulfill the lust thereof. Yes, Jesus invites all to come and learn of Him, but how many actually do this?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting on "the mind of Christ" is accomplished by staying in the word of the Lord.

Yes again. We are to put on the mind of Christ through prayer, fasting and living in the Word.

I would encourage believers to not pay attention to teachers on boards like these...because many of them are false.

Yes again; there's so much false doctrine nowadays.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you read it another way. I guess I should have made it clearer. If you are asking anyone, not just me, about, is there anything more to walking in the spirit than being in the scriptures, then yes, you need to be examining your spiritual walk again.

Look back at the diagram I posted for you and you can see there is more to 'walking in the spirit' than the written scripture.

If you want more clarification then by all means I can expand on it...and it has to with sanctification and maturity.

Blessings,

APAK

I will continue to say that putting on Christ is accomplished by staying in the word of the Lord.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it is important that you seek the Lord as you study His word...

If you are not getting your interpretations from the Holy Ghost (cf. John 16:13), the default is that you are getting fleshly doctrine from your reading of God's word...which amounts to heresy (Galatians 5:19-21).

Where did you get your interpretation from? The Catholic book of the law of the legion of father’s verse #80?

The Catholic bible..# 80 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal." Each of them makes present and fruitful in the Church the mystery of Christ, who promised to remain with his own "always, to the close of the age"

The loving commandment to each born again believer is to rightly divide all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) seeking the approval of our one Holy Father in heaven. No mention of seeking another written authority .

No man can serve two teaching authorities as master and Lord coming from one DEVINE God.

2 Timothy 215 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did you get your interpretation from? The Catholic book of the law of the legion of father’s verse #80?

The Catholic bible..# 80 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal." Each of them makes present and fruitful in the Church the mystery of Christ, who promised to remain with his own "always, to the close of the age"

The loving commandment to each born again believer is to rightly divide all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) seeking the approval of our one Holy Father in heaven. No mention of seeking another written authority .

No man can serve two teaching authorities as master and Lord coming from one DEVINE God.

2 Timothy 215 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Hey @Gary Urban...

Are you trying to say that you are a Catholic or are you saying that you think that I am a Catholic because of my stance on water baptism in another thread?

My stance on water baptism is not due to any alignment with Catholicism on my part...

Rather, it has to do with particular leanings towards Oneness Pentecostalism.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @Gary Urban...

Are you trying to say that you are a Catholic or are you saying that you think that I am a Catholic because of my stance on water baptism in another thread?

My stance on water baptism is not due to any alignment with Catholicism on my part...

Rather, it has to do with particular leanings towards Oneness Pentecostalism.

Oneness Pentecostalism? Yes he can keep us from falling if we do his will just as he most certainly call us back . Only Jesus can do the will of the father without sinning .

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oneness Pentecostalism? Yes he can keep us from falling if we do his will just as he most certainly call us back . Only Jesus can do the will of the father without sinning .
Yes; and if we are born again, He is living His life in us and through us (Galatians 2:20).

1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

If we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4); i.e. we don't sin (1 John 3:4).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Through knowledge of the Word, you learn Jesus; and when you learn Jesus, you are to put on the new man, and to not make provision for the flesh to fulfill the lust thereof. Yes, Jesus invites all to come and learn of Him, but how many actually do this?

How many believers believe right?
Well, few.
And why is that?
Because when you are taught wrong, and believe it, you have created a stronghold.
So, you have to destroy the stronghold to return to right believing.
This is difficult, as most strongholds are : Deception + Pride.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 10:3, For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4, (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
2Co 10:5, Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

But apparently, @Behold, there are a few strongholds in your life that need to be torn down.

Until they get torn down, you are found preaching another gospel.

You are this = Galatians 1:6-9.