put on your spiritual armor

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the majority consensus here, we have no need for any Spiritual Armor.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the majority consensus here, we have no need for any Spiritual Armor.
We need to be sealed, that is our spiritual armor from the Holy Spirit. It keeps us from being possessed and such. We've had discussions on that before here in the forum.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powersof this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powersof this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Is that Ephesians 6?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is devin. It’s amazing to me that people can remember book and chapter like that! I’ve never been able to do that. I know the verse or passage but I always have to google to find where it is.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is devin. It’s amazing to me that people can remember book and chapter like that! I’ve never been able to do that. I know the verse or passage but I always have to google to find where it is.
I did too, but I didn't total verify that it was the same. I posted the seal of the living God as armor. But I know when we serve God we have the Holy Spirit which many see as the seal of God against evil. And I think that is partially correct. If we immerse ourselves in the word we are reminded to do good. I try to watch Catholic Mass daily as they have bible discussion in it which always reminds me to be good and corrects my course sometimes.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did too, but I didn't total verify that it was the same. I posted the seal of the living God as armor. But I know when we serve God we have the Holy Spirit which many see as the seal of God against evil. And I think that is partially correct. If we immerse ourselves in the word we are reminded to do good. I try to watch Catholic Mass daily as they have bible discussion in it which always reminds me to be good and corrects my course sometimes.
While the seal is in place you would be right, but Paul warns us not to quench the Spirit. When we do, we break the seal and the fruit within is soon spoiled as our covering is gone... Our hearts are exposed to the wiles of the devil.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the seal is in place you would be right, but Paul warns us not to quench the Spirit. When we do, we break the seal and the fruit within is soon spoiled as our covering is gone... Our hearts are exposed to the wiles of the devil.
Can you explain what quenching the spirit is? I've never been exposed to that idea.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you count them? I am sorry, but no one ever asked me, nor did I see a poll on that subject.
I'd say 51% is a pretty fair estimate of those who subscribe to OSAS here.

I've never gotten much agreement out of you on anything since I arrived here.

Don't expect it today either.

You habitually don't agree with my views, but you also don't agree that you don't agree with my views.

Hmmm. Seeing a pattern here?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't put on spiritual armor. God is responsible for that if he chooses to arm us with the seal of the living God.
Ephesians 6:13-18 tells us to put it on and somewhat describes how.

I don't see anything there about God putting it on for us.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what happens if our hearts are exposed to the wiles of the devil?

What is the ultimate outcome of that danger?