QUESTION 1 for YOU - IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS is GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Pelaides

I am aware that it doesn't matter what anybody says or shows you, you will refuse to believe, I get that
So lets put all that a side for one moment.

Lets pretend just for kicks that you are writing a science fiction novel and in that novel you need characters, so you start to make up characters using your imagination.

Now you would agree with me that in using your imagination that you could make your characters be anything you want them to be, look anyway you want them to look, do whatever you want them to do.

Now just say you want to make these characters worship a god, and you decide that this god is going to be so powerful and magnificent that he is actually 3 beings from the same source of all of one substance.

This in the realm of imagination would not be impossible right?

Because when you use your imagination nothing is impossible.

Now lets bring this possibility in to reality, now all of a sudden what was only possible in your imagination has become unfathomable in reality.

But why?

Because by your own human reasoning, you determined that such a being could only be possible in fantasy. Your reality in the confines of your own mind does not allow you to comprehend nor understand how a being like that could ever exist and because of that you refuse to believe it.

(Luke 18:27) "What is impossible with man is possible with God."

(Job 11:7) "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?

We are very limited in our ability to fathom such an almighty being, but this is what makes Him so Almighty, when we try to understand God with our own reasoning we limit his power, we reduce him considerably in order to understand him on some human level.

God says; "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." ( Isaiah 55:9)

Do you think it could ever be possible Pelaides that God could be so much bigger and greater then you could ever imagine. That a God so Almighty could not be fully explained by any human intellect no matter how advanced?

I nor anyone else can convince you, and thats fine, at the end of the day I still believe in a God who is greater then my mind can fathom, that I worship a God who is great and can not be put in a tidy little compartment in my mind. I wont delude myself by thinking that as I control my own reasoning that I can control the size of God, thus controlling how mighty I think God should be.

Pelaides dont you see that if you control the size of God by way of your intellect being understandable in all your ways, that its not God you worship, but a different lessor god you have made to fit your tastes.

By separating God the Father from God the Son you make Jesus our savor a lessor being, the Bible tells us clearly that only God can save and God is One. If Jesus was not God in the flesh on that cross then we are all in huge trouble and we are still need of a savior.

If you deny Christ divinity by separating him by substance then you do not accept Christ, because when you do accept Christ you accept him in his fullness as pointed out in scripture (being fully God and fully man). This puts you in grave danger because you have not yet accepted Christ.

I really hope you come to this realization someday, maybe you could even just pray over it and ask God to revel to you the truth.

Anyway.

Reactions: brakelite

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad21 said:
Pelaides

I am aware that it doesn't matter what anybody says or shows you, you will refuse to believe, I get that

Lets pretend just for kicks that you are writing a science fiction novel and in that novel you need characters, so you start to make up characters using your imagination.

Now you would agree with me that in using your imagination that you could make your characters be anything you want them to be, look anyway you want them to look, do whatever you want them to do.

Now just say you want to make these characters worship a god, and you decide that this god is going to be so powerful and magnificent that he is actually 3 beings from the same source of all of one substance.

Now lets bring this possibility in to reality, now all of a sudden what was only possible in your imagination has become unfathomable in reality.

But why?

Because by your own human reasoning, you determined that such a being could only be possible in fantasy. Your reality in the confines of your own mind does not allow you to comprehend nor understand how a being like that could ever exist and because of that you refuse to believe it.

(Job 11:7) "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?

We are very limited in our ability to fathom such an almighty being, but this is what makes Him so Almighty, when we try to understand God with our own reasoning we limit his power, we reduce him considerably in order to understand him on some human level.

God says; "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." ( Isaiah 55:9)

Do you think it could ever be possible Pelaides that God could be so much bigger and greater then you could ever imagine. That a God so Almighty could not be fully explained by any human intellect no matter how advanced?

I nor anyone else can convince you, and thats fine, at the end of the day I still believe in a God who is greater then my mind can fathom, that I worship a God who is great and can not be put in a tidy little compartment in my mind. I wont delude myself by thinking that as I control my own reasoning that I can control the size of God, thus controlling how mighty I think God should be.

Pelaides dont you see that if you control the size of God by way of your intellect being understandable in all your ways, that its not God you worship, but a different lessor god you have made to fit your tastes.

By separating God the Father from God the Son you make Jesus our savor a lessor being, the Bible tells us clearly that only God can save and God is One. If Jesus was not God in the flesh on that cross then we are all in huge trouble and we are still need of a savior.

If you deny Christ divinity by separating him by substance then you do not accept Christ, because when you do accept Christ you accept him in his fullness as pointed out in scripture (being fully God and fully man). This puts you in grave danger because you have not yet accepted Christ.

I really hope you come to this realization someday, maybe you could even just pray over it and ask God to revel to you the truth.

Anyway.
Well reasoned Madad.
It is hard to think that one would not see the Beauty, Grace, and Love of our Great God; it is so plain in the Word!
Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Floyd said:
Well reasoned Madad.
It is hard to think that one would not see the Beauty, Grace, and Love of our Great God; it is so plain in the Word!
Floyd.
Thanks for the encouragement I really do appreciate it, and I enjoy reading your posts.

Yes your absolutely right, I really dont think we can be in ore of a God we can easily understand.

Only God can understand God.
1 Corinthians 2:11
For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:10
these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

Job 11:7
"Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?

As men we want to be able to explain all things, this in a way is control, we can not fear what we understand if we can understand it.
We are afraid of the unknown, God reveals himself in scripture but the very essence of God is beyond our comprehension and because it is we find ourselves at the mercy of an unknown entity much greater then us.
So God comes to us in the image of man, like a grown man on his knees talking to a bunch of five year old's in a language they can understand.
Anymore than that and the five year olds would be confused. The bible speaks of the unity between the three throughout, there isn't really much of a puzzle to put together in that respect.
Except where faith in the unknown, it becomes unacceptable to many and thus many fall away.

Basically saying that I refuse to believe what I cant understand so Im going to substitute it with my own reality.

However as Paul points out "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." ([SIZE=11pt]Hebrews 11:1)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]This is what [/SIZE]separates[SIZE=11pt] the [/SIZE]believers[SIZE=11pt] from the controllers[/SIZE]

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pelaides said:
You yourself are saying that Jesus and God are different?
Do you consider yourself equal to your father?
No, Jesus and the Father are different, but both are God.

How do you explain thisRevalations3:21To him that overcometh will i grant to sit down with me in my throne,even as i also overcame ,and am set down with my father in his throne."
What exactly do you think is an issue here? I see no problem with this verse.

It looks like their are two thrones in heaven to me.Now can one person occupy two thrones?
You need to elaborate on this question. What you're asking isn't clear.

And also in Revelations2:6 God is doing the talking.
I don't recall this verse coming up anywhere in this thread. Again, I don't know what you're talking about. For the sake of clarity, here is Revelation 2:6.

Rev 2:6 Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Madad21 said:

You are right!!!

God is Spirit
(John 4:24) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

The Son of God was and is Spirit
(John 1:14) The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Holy Spirit is Spirit, He possesses a mind, emotions, and a will.
  • The Holy Spirit thinks and knows (1 Corinthians 2:10)
  • The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30)
  • The Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27)
  • He makes decisions according to His will (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)
  • As God, the Holy Spirit is Comforter and Counselor that Jesus promised He would be (John 14:16, 26, 15:26)

God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit are One as in one in substance that is "Spirit" one God one substance 3 co-equal
Thank you for caring again!

Perfect! Going to put in for a promotion for you, you could use the extra cash. :)
Madad21 said:

You are right!!!

God is Spirit
(John 4:24) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

(John 1:14) The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

• As God, the Holy Spirit is Comforter and Counselor that Jesus promised He would be (John 14:16, 26, 15:26)

God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit are One as in one in substance that is "Spirit" one God one substance 3 co-equal

Perfect!
Madad21 said:

You are right!!!

God is Spirit

Perfect!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
shturt678 said:

Perfect! Going to put in for a promotion for you, you could use the extra cash. :)

Perfect!

Perfect!
Must have been good, you know it when the professors standing behind you, (Ol Jack looking over my shoulder, clearing his throat)

But 3 perfects in a row, hey must be a trinity!....I see what you did there,

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Madad21 said:
Must have been good, you know it when the professors standing behind you, (Ol Jack looking over my shoulder, clearing his throat)

But 3 perfects in a row, hey must be a trinity!....I see what you did there,
Unbelievable: "I'm out to lunch again." I didn't even know it clicking along thinking all on the money - loling at myself again. One of these days I'm going to lol at you, ie, a head's up.

Old loling imperfect Jack that agapes that Trinity and you folks!

B

brakelite

Madad21 said:
Thanks for the encouragement I really do appreciate it, and I enjoy reading your posts.

Yes your absolutely right, I really dont think we can be in ore of a God we can easily understand.

Only God can understand God.
1 Corinthians 2:11
For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:10
these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

Job 11:7
"Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?

As men we want to be able to explain all things, this in a way is control, we can not fear what we understand if we can understand it.
We are afraid of the unknown, God reveals himself in scripture but the very essence of God is beyond our comprehension and because it is we find ourselves at the mercy of an unknown entity much greater then us.
So God comes to us in the image of man, like a grown man on his knees talking to a bunch of five year old's in a language they can understand.
Anymore than that and the five year olds would be confused. The bible speaks of the unity between the three throughout, there isn't really much of a puzzle to put together in that respect.
Except where faith in the unknown, it becomes unacceptable to many and thus many fall away.

Basically saying that I refuse to believe what I cant understand so Im going to substitute it with my own reality.

However as Paul points out "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." ([SIZE=11pt]Hebrews 11:1)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]This is what [/SIZE]separates[SIZE=11pt] the [/SIZE]believers[SIZE=11pt] from the controllers[/SIZE]
From one Kiwi to another...well presented.
Reminds me of the passage from Isaiah which speaks of the idolator who cuts down a tree, makes an image of one half of what he cut down, and burns the rest to cook his dinner. How did he know which half was his god? Clearly, it was that half which "he made in his own image and likeness". When we mess with God's own revelation of Himself, we are making a god in our own image. When we think to ourselves, God must be something I can understand, we are making a god in our own image. When we think that God can be understood with our own intellect, we have the wrong god.

We believe in a Trinity not because church councils decreed it, or creeds demand it, but we believe in the Trinity because what was implicitly revealed of God in the OT was explicitly revealed in the NT. The same Jesus Who proclaimed Himself as the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last in Revelation, is the same Jehovah Who proclaimed Himself as Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last in the book of Isaiah.,

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Oh man I should have let you explain it, you made it sound much simpler, I like it.

YOU A KIWI BRO!!!!!

CHUUUUUUUUR!!

Where from cuz??

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
We believe in a Trinity not because church councils decreed it, or creeds demand it, but we believe in the Trinity because what was implicitly revealed of God in the OT was explicitly revealed in the NT. The same Jesus Who proclaimed Himself as the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last in Revelation, is the same Jehovah Who proclaimed Himself as Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last in the book of Isaiah.,
Brakelight.

It is a natural progression when reading Scripture, to see from OT to NT the Almighty working towards His Plan of Salvation; in contest and resistance to Satan's control on earth at present.
What I used to wonder about, was why Satan could not see from Scripture that all his efforts would come to nothing eventually; and that his doom and destruction was prophesied in Rev.20? That, and especially as he knows scripture so well; and even attempted to use it against our Lord, just prior to His earthly Ministry.
I pondered this prayerfully for a few months; and was in conversation on it with a dear friend, who said a very simple thing; "Satan does not have the Holy Spirit and therefore cannot understand Scripture; and his rebellion is such that what he does know, he does not accept" !
Rather reminiscent of people we talk to here, and face to face, who are resistant to "The Word Made Flesh" !
Praise Him!!!!
Floyd.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Nomad said:
No, Jesus and the Father are different, but both are God.

What exactly do you think is an issue here? I see no problem with this verse.

You need to elaborate on this question. What you're asking isn't clear.

I don't recall this verse coming up anywhere in this thread. Again, I don't know what you're talking about. For the sake of clarity, here is Revelation 2:6.

Rev 2:6 Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
I was talking about revelations21:6

Please explain this verse.Revelations3:12 "Him that overcometh will i make a pillar in the temple of my God,and he will go no more out:and i will write upon him the name of my God,and the name of the city of my God,which is new jerusalem,which cometh down out of heaven from my God:and i will write upon him a new name.

Once again Jesus is talking about his father.

Do you still say the 2 are equals?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Pelaides said:
I was talking about revelations21:6

Please explain this verse.Revelations3:12 "Him that overcometh will i make a pillar in the temple of my God,and he will go no more out:and i will write upon him the name of my God,and the name of the city of my God,which is new jerusalem,which cometh down out of heaven from my God:and i will write upon him a new name.

Once again Jesus is talking about his father.

Do you still say the 2 are equals?
Heya Man!! :D

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Hebrews 2:9
But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Hope you had an opportunity to read through last nights correspondence.
Thanks bro

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Madad21 said:
Pelaides

But why?

Anyway.
Let me put it to you like this.If you have a pot of freshly brewed black cofee,then you pour
yourself a cup,But you add cream and sugar to it,to make it more palatable.Is the cup of coffee the same as the pot of coffee,

Is Jesus who was born from a woman The same as God?

Are we insulting God by saying his son is him.?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Pelaides said:
Let me put it to you like this.If you have a pot of freshly brewed black cofee,then you pour
yourself a cup,But you add cream and sugar to it,to make it more palatable.Is the cup of coffee the same as the pot of coffee,

Is Jesus who was born from a woman The same as God?

Are we insulting God by saying his son is him.?
Is it still coffee?

One pot two cups all of the same substance
Put cream and sugar in one to walk the earth and bring a message
Leave the other one straight to pour in to your children

Now there are a multitude of cups with the same substance as the pot

John 14:20
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Sin is in the seed of the man, im surprised you don’t know this?

:)

B

brakelite

Floyd said:
Brakelight.

It is a natural progression when reading Scripture, to see from OT to NT the Almighty working towards His Plan of Salvation; in contest and resistance to Satan's control on earth at present.
What I used to wonder about, was why Satan could not see from Scripture that all his efforts would come to nothing eventually; and that his doom and destruction was prophesied in Rev.20? That, and especially as he knows scripture so well; and even attempted to use it against our Lord, just prior to His earthly Ministry.
I pondered this prayerfully for a few months; and was in conversation on it with a dear friend, who said a very simple thing; "Satan does not have the Holy Spirit and therefore cannot understand Scripture; and his rebellion is such that what he does know, he does not accept" !
Rather reminiscent of people we talk to here, and face to face, who are resistant to "The Word Made Flesh" !
Praise Him!!!!
Floyd.
I disagree with your friend Floyd. Satan has been around longer than man, he knows the scriptures better than the most learned greek/Hebrew scholar, he once lived in heaven and his former job description was a security guard over God's throne. He knows he has but a short time, (Revel 12) but he knows full well the consequences of failure. So he will do whatever it takes to overcome God Himself, and failing that, will take with him as many as he can. His hatred of Jesus, his hatred of anything and everyone Jesus loves, leaves him no option.
Madad21 said:
Oh man I should have let you explain it, you made it sound much simpler, I like it.

YOU A KIWI BRO!!!!!

CHUUUUUUUUR!!

Where from cuz??
Chiefs territory.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Brakelight:
I disagree with your friend Floyd. Satan has been around longer than man, he knows the scriptures better than the most learned greek/Hebrew scholar, he once lived in heaven and his former job description was a security guard over God's throne. He knows he has but a short time, (Revel 12) but he knows full well the consequences of failure. So he will do whatever it takes to overcome God Himself, and failing that, will take with him as many as he can. His hatred of Jesus, his hatred of anything and everyone Jesus loves, leaves him no option.

I value that comment Brake, I know Satan's origins according to Scripture; and your comment does make sense also.
I also agree with your thinking on Satan's determination to overcome God Almighty; which still leaves me in awe that God would allow him that freedom.
That point also sat with me for a long time; until I realised that the permit of God to Satan is in the reciprocal to Satan's aggressive hatred; IE God's Love!
That Love which "Old Jack" correctly refers to as "agape"; but God's is to a degree beyond our comprehension at present.
Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
brakelite said:
Yeah it seem he knows it so well in fact he manipulates it for his own purpose something indicative of all false doctrine.

Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

when in fact God said;

Genesis 2:17
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

Especially in the events of the temptations in the desert.

However he doesnt seem to have the omnipresence of God, because in Job we find he goes to and fro the surface of the earth;
Job 2:2
And the LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it."

He also challenges God that if God dropped his protection from Job, Job would surly curse him out;

Job 2:5
But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face."

This seems to imply that Satan cant tell the future.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad:
Job 2:5
But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face."

This seems to imply that Satan cant tell the future.

A good point Madad !
Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Yes I suppose its hard, to imagine continuing on with a campaign if you know the out come will be your own destruction.

I mean he had everything and he knew God and he turned away so completely infatuated with himself, he is really faced with no other option, its not like he can repent and turn back to God.

Its not the same for us, we are born in to this corruption, this mere reflection of what life could be like. But even though we have never seen God we choose to resist the vices of this world and long for the promises of God, which we place our faith even though we struggle.

Satan didnt need to have faith and he had no struggle, This is why there is such harsh warning (for us) about having known Jesus and walking away.

He knows the outcome and he knows his time is short, he just wants to devour as many as he can before the inevitable happens, like a child throwing a tantrum, its coming near that time now and we can all see it, so his efforts are stepping up, he's bent on as much creation destruction as he can inflict.

Gods going to let him carry on until his deeds are full blown on the earth (like the time of Noah) and then Jesus is going to come.

I feel the resentment with in him would be so palpable, an anger so fierce that the very thought of Gods beloved creation would be enough to drive him to pure hatred beyond our understanding, I cant even find the right words to describe it.