Question about the whore of babylon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

@Andrew Kind . First of all, your about face and admittance to your true motivation changes the whole complexion of things. What you really need is a relationship with Jesus. Knowledge and understanding of the issues presented in prophecy will avail you nothing if Jesus isn't the focus and goal or center of everything you learn.
That said, you are correct in assuming the whore is a former true Christian entity. Apostasy is divorce, brought about through the unfaithful partner in the marriage. Modern Christians however do not want to face this because they believe once a person is"saved", they are always saved. Not so. The early Christan church was at first strong and faithful, but through her illicit relationship with the kings of the earth, certain portions of the church fell away from the truth, fell away from Christ, and became Antichrist... Became Babylon, by accepting traditions and practices that originated in Babel, and was handed down through the centuries through Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome.
Interesting that you mentioned Jezebel. She is a metaphor for that very same apostate religion. A woman representing the church married to the king and leading the king into idolatry and persecution of the true people of God. This is going to happen again. The church's current relationship with governments believing that by political power they can change the world is a display of a complete lack of faith in God, and in fact is spiritual adultery.

But back to you. You need Jesus. You have nothing to be afraid of regarding the Bible. It is the word of God and has power to change lives of all who trust in it. And change them for the better.

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You certainly are. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

1Jn_2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

Exo_20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Deu_5:20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Mat_19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mar_10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
Luk_18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're going to ask nonsensical questions then stay off my forum
The forum is the whole site. It doesn't belong to you.

The thread was created by you. In an open area. I may post what I will, since you have changed the topic from the OP yourself, and have admitted to lying.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am NEVER going to become christian

The you lied when you checked " Christian" under your avatar!!:eek:
Why did you chose that? Why did you not check unorthodox or "other faith"?

You should NOT be posting in any " Christian Only " boards.

Reactions: Taken

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The you lied when you checked " Christian" under your avatar!!:eek:
Why did you chose that? Why did you not check unorthodox or "other faith"?
It is because they stated that are "catholic", and a true "catholic" would never choose "unorthodox", or "other faith".

Andrew Kind

Oct 14, 2018
Allentown
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The forum is the whole site. It doesn't belong to you.

The thread was created by you. In an open area. I may post what I will, since you have changed the topic from the OP yourself, and have admitted to lying.

Fine the truth is its my goal to prove the bible is not the word of God and finding out the objective truth of the whore of babylon is the key to doing that

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is because they stated that are "catholic", and a true "catholic" would never choose "unorthodox", or "other faith".

He is NOT a Catholic...if you read this thread and his posts he says so himself.

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine the truth is its my goal to prove the bible is not the word of God and finding out the objective truth of the whore of babylon is the key to doing that
Really? Explain that thought process. I am curious to see how you finding out the identity of the whore of Rev. 17 proves Christianity and the Bible false (unless you implicate a specific protestantism)?