Question for non-JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am amazed at those who take biblical truths and make reigious terms out of them that destroy the trut meaning

words like born again, baptism.

its sad
What is genuinely sad to me is the level of ignorance when it comes to explaining the most elementary things.

Why are the elect “chosen”.....for what reason are they elected? How would you answer?

If you purport to be one of them, you must know why God chose you. You must also know what God’s Kingdom is and what purpose it serves in order to preach to others about it as Jesus did. (Matt 24:14)

God’s spirit would have revealed to you all you need to know about the role you will play, just as the outpouring of the holy spirit at Pentecost revealed to the first Christians what their anointing meant.

Why are there no answers? The silence is deafening!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is genuinely sad to me is the level of ignorance when it comes to explaining the most elementary things.
I agree. JW's avoid Scripture like plague because their own JW bible says Jesus is God and Hell fire is everlasting!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why are the elect “chosen”.....for what reason are they elected? How would you answer?

If you purport to be one of them, you must know why God chose you. You must also know what God’s Kingdom is and what purpose it serves in order to preach to others about it as Jesus did. (Matt 24:14)

God’s spirit would have revealed to you all you need to know about the role you will play, just as the outpouring of the holy spirit at Pentecost revealed to the first Christians what their anointing meant.

Why are there no answers? The silence is deafening!
By foreknowledge

Who did God chose?

jesus tells us, those who see and believe, it is the who have eternal life.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By foreknowledge

Who did God chose?

jesus tells us, those who see and believe, it is the who have eternal life.
It’s not the choosing…..it’s why! Do you know why God chooses his elect….what is their role…what do you expect eternal life to be like? What is the purpose of the Kingdom, which was not even in the Edenic scenario originally for mankind? Why did Jesus have to come and sacrifice his life? That was not in God’s first purpose either.

What do Jesus and his elect have to do in his Father’s kingdom?
These are the questions you are dodging….they are simple elementary questions that betray a complete lack of understanding as to why we even need a kingdom and humans chosen to go to heaven…..Adam was never told about such things. “Everlasting life” was meant to be lived here on earth….so what happened to change that? There is a cohesive story from Genesis to Revelation that informs us of all those things…..how is it that you and others cannot answer the simple questions I ask.

How do the events in Eden correlate to the necessity for the sacrifice of Christ and the reason for God’s kingdom? It’s all there in the scriptures but those who rely on theology instead of actual Bible study will remain clueless.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I answered that question
Again, you avoided it….and I understand why….you have no idea why God chose his elect…why can’t you just admit it? It’s sad to see you struggling to explain something you clearly do not understand.

If you don’t have the big picture ….you will be lost. If you don’t know what you are going to be doing up there in heaven with a tireless God who never sleeps, then I fear for you.
Just take the word at face value..
I do, but the scripture you use is not an answer to my question.
he chose them to be conformed to his image.
Again, what God did but not WHY…..why did you need to be “conformed to his image”? What is the purpose? Mankind was created in God’s image to begin with…..how did we lose it and how can mankind get back what Adam lost?
he chose them because he knew who they were
Yes he did…..but why did he choose them…? What role are they to play? How can you not know?
he chose them because he saw and believed. As was his will
Still not an answer…..vague to say the least.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is one of the questions you avoided....what role do you expect to play in the kingdom you assert that you have already entered? If you are under the new covenant.....what changed for the Jewish Christians who were now under a new arrangement? What was their expectation concerning their ‘election’?

If anyone reads our exchanges they will see that my questions are sidestepped with the wrong answers.
You seem to have no idea idea of why God chose you for a role that is obviously not clear to you. If it is God’s spirit that has given you the “born again” conviction, wouldn’t you already know what is expected of you in that role......what is the reason for your election?
Of course God has shown why he chose me, which I’ve already explained..one is to GLORIFY HIS NAME....now you answer me for one.....how would I Ritajanice know how to GLORIFY JESUS NAME?

God predestined us to become children of God, before we were born, he knew us in our mothers womb.

Galatians 1:15 ESV / 2,571 helpful votes​

But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace,

2 nd reason..,,,to know the will of God....for my life....

Jeremiah 29:11​

New International Version​

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

3rd he started a work in me that he will finish....

Philippians 1:6-7​

King James Version​

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

It is God who “draws” right hearted ones to his truth....he does not reveal it to those who want to believe what is not true. Those are the ‘deluded’ ones who will offer their excuses to our judge when he comes to make an accounting. (Matt 7:21-23)

As Paul said....
2 Thess 2:7-11.....
7 For the secret of lawlessness already is inwardly working itself,—Only until he that restraineth at present shall be gone out of the midst:

8 And then shall be revealed the lawless one,—Whom the Lord [Jesus] will slay with the Spirit of his mouth, And paralyse with the forthshining of his Presence:—

9 Whose presence [shall be] according to an inworking of Satan With all manner of mighty work and signs and wonders of falsehood,

10 And with all manner of deceit of unrighteousness in them who are destroying themselves, Because the love of the truth they did not welcome that they might be saved;—

11 And for this cause God sendeth them an inworking of error, To the end they should believe in the falsehood”. (TEB)

The foretold ‘falling away’ from the truth, (as taught by Jesus and his apostles) was already beginning before the last of the apostles had passed away. John was yet to receive his Revelation and pen his last three letters before the ‘restraining’ influence of God’s spirit was withdrawn. Then the “lawless” ones would lead the Christians away from the truth and into full blown apostasy. (Greek “a·po·sta·siʹa” which has the sense of “desertion, abandonment or rebellion.”)

From this apostasy came Roman Catholicism and from the RCC came many daughters who all took their mother’s dirty laundry with them. This is what is passed off today, in its thousands of disunited and bickering “denominations”, as “Christianity”. It is also what accounts for the ignorance of its members who are virtually illiterate when it comes to Bible knowledge. They are taught “theology” but the majority are simply fed spiritual garbage and don’t know that it is not the truth, but something twisted and designed to offend the very one whom they purport to worship. The Pharisees did exactly the same thing....they exchanged the truth for the lie, and took a whole nation with them. Satan does not change his tactics because he knows human nature better than we do.

Yes, we already established this many times.....but my question was why were the elect chosen? What is their role in the Kingdom of God that you say is already a reality for you. What is the Kingdom of God”?
Please answer me this.....you must know if you are a “saint”.
Answered this many times....also how do you worship God in Spirit?...please answer my questions?

God is a Spirit....how can you worship him without the Holy Spirit, who birthed us in the Spirit??

PLEASE STOP “ EVADING “ my questions....I’m not shouting...it’s in BOLD...because you never answer the majority of my questions...

John 4:24 - God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The Kingdom of God is the spiritual realm, which I’ve already explained...I also explained about elect ..

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Really? This was my response....

It’s not just Bible reading but careful study.....over many decades. If I don’t know how to “follow Jesus” by studying his life and teachings by now.....then something is very wrong. We prove who we are by what we do....not just by what we say. Talk is cheap.

You must be Born Again and birthed in the Spirit...to study and be led through the Bible by the Holy Spirit..

You are studying imo, in your “ OWN “ understanding..because a Born Again is led through the Bible as I’ve said by the Holy Spirit, there is plenty of scripture on this that I will post later..

A person who does not have the Holy Spirit in them...would NOT understand the Bible.
James 2:18....
“Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

This scripture is self explanitary....

Where did your faith come from, if you aren’t Born Again?

Exactly....God is observing all of us and he is a reader of hearts....he knows when we reject the truth to cling to cherished falsehoods. If we didn’t love the lies, we would see through them, because a study of the scriptures, as opposed to the study of “theology”, would make the errors glaringly obvious. Theology covers over the errors because it is not from God or his Christ.
There is no point in discussing Born Again with you any further as you haven’t a clue what it means..

I have answered your questions over and over and over....

You have not answered not one of my questions ...

As the word of God says.....you must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God...

We are in the spiritual realm......

You also admitted yourself that you don’t know what the Kingdom of God means..

1 Chronicles 29:11. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.

we are living in the Kingdom of God thanks to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, but we can also look forward to a future day when Jesus returns and the Kingdom of God is made complete. So how can we live in God's kingdom each and every day?

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be Born Again and birthed in the Spirit...to study and be led through the Bible by the Holy Spirit..

You are studying imo, in your “ OWN “ understanding..because a Born Again is led through the Bible as I’ve said by the Holy Spirit, there is plenty of scripture on this that I will post later..

A person who does not have the Holy Spirit in them...would NOT understand the Bible.

There is no point in discussing Born Again with you any further as you haven’t a clue what it means..

I have answered your questions over and over and over....

JW's have a very difficult time answering questions.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe @Aunty Jane can answer this question.

What does it mean to live by the Spirit?

Please don’t post a wall of text..it’s a very simple question to answer.

What is God saying here?

Romans 8:9
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ
JW's answer questions with smokescreens and avoiding simple questions, carefully avoiding Scripture that says they are wrong. And most of the Bible says they are wrong!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The scripture @Eternally Grateful has used....is an answer to your question imo, the problem is...you don’t understand it....therefore with your own mouth and confession said....you don’t know what Born Again means...therefore how could it possibly make sense to you?

And please!....no wall of text...it’s NOT necessary...

You cannot follow Jesus without the rebirth, period, if you want to believe otherwise that is your choice.

I’m not saying God isn’t drawing you to Jesus, he may well be....through reading your bible...but as you say, you aren’t Born Again.....so I pray in the Spirit, that God will birth you in the Spirit...then you will be in the spiritual realm of God through the Holy Spirit.....Amen!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was proved conclusively to you both that John 8 shows Jesus teaching them who their father is...

1. Serpent (verse 44)
2. Cain (Verse 41)
3. Ishmael (Verse 35)
@ everyone, sometimes I think gems like this one to Wrangler, just cannot be let go...I mean, Jesus in John 8 is subtly teaching the rebellious Jews who their actual Father is (NOT GOD) or line of Fathers and it was lost on Aunty Jane and Wrangler, firstly because they did not want to see anything but supernatural evil - but read John 8:35-end and see the lessons! Don't force false notions upon it...just carefully read the text and be in awe of the Masters skillful teaching.

The context is so far from what people try to force on!

F2F

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you avoided it….and I understand why….you have no idea why God chose his elect…why can’t you just admit it? It’s sad to see you struggling to explain something you clearly do not understand.
I answered. You just do not agree with my answer.

Don;t take that as a reason to attack and falsely accuse me

If you don’t have the big picture ….you will be lost. If you don’t know what you are going to be doing up there in heaven with a tireless God who never sleeps, then I fear for you.
As I fear for you for the exact same reason

Again, what God did but not WHY…..why did you need to be “conformed to his image”? What is the purpose? Mankind was created in God’s image to begin with…..how did we lose it and how can mankind get back what Adam lost?

Yes he did…..but why did he choose them…? What role are they to play? How can you not know?

Still not an answer…..vague to say the least.
you need more answers?

17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

You may not like my answers.. But keep saying I have not answered you is to continue to falsly accuse. and looks bad on you

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know exactly what it means, and why God chose his elect….but I’m still waiting for an answer as to what you believe it means to BE one of the elect…..why are you chosen? And what role will you play?
How many times must I ask (count them) and you still ignore my questions…..?
I have answered your questions over and over and over...

The readers here will know who is avoiding the questions…

What does that even mean? Again you tell me “what” when I asked you “why”.
You can’t even tell me what the Kingdom of God is. Jesus said we are to preach about it, and yet what would you tell a new one about something you cannot describe with any clarity even to yourself?
“We are in the spiritual realm”…..really? Define what that means in terms that are understandable. Why are your responses so vague?
You also admitted yourself that you don’t know what the Kingdom of God means..

Therefore if you knew that..you would know what it means to be Born Again...
Sorry, but I have known about the Kingdom of God ever since someone explained to me what the Lord’s Prayer meant. I had no idea what I was praying for, and I’m sure that most people who parrot off that prayer every week in church, have no idea either.
Do you know how the kingdom “comes” so that God’s will can be “done on earth as it is in heaven”? Tell us.
I know quite a few who are “born again” and they can tell me exactly what it means and where they are going and what they will do there….you see God’s spirit fills in all the blanks for them….it apparently doesn’t for people like yourself who can’t seem to explain anything with any clarity.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe @Aunty Jane can answer this question.

What does it mean to live by the Spirit?

Please don’t post a wall of text..it’s a very simple question to answer.
Explanations are thorough are detailed because there is no way to explain complicated things in 1 paragraph or less. Those who only want a few words are obviously satisfied with snatches of knowledge that are inadequate in helping them to explain things to others. I am a Bible student and teacher…everything I do is thorough because I have to satisfy myself first, that what I believe is backed up by God’s word 100%. An incomplete picture serves no purpose at all.

What is God saying here?
How does one know they have the Spirit of God Living in them?

Romans 8:9
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ
The scriptures were written BY and FOR, God’s elect…they pertain first and foremost to the ones God has chosen to be “joint heirs with Christ”…..to be anointed with God’s spirit is to have a token from God proving their election. These ones do not just believe that they have “the heavenly calling…they know they do.

Since the elect have a specific role in heaven that involves those who will live on earth, you should know that not all Christians can be of the elect…..they are a finite group and their role in heaven is clearly stated. This role involves those who will live in paradise on earth, where God placed us in the beginning….do you think God created the earth as a training ground for heaven?….he didn’t.

An “heir” is someone who inherits something….so what is the inheritance? What is your inheritance?
Your knowledge, for someone who is supposed to be filled with the holy spirit is almost non-existent….I see you quote theology but with no real Bible knowledge…..sad really.
If you are going to heaven, as one of God’s “saints”…..what will you do there? Surely you must know….?

You cannot follow Jesus without the rebirth, period, if you want to believe otherwise that is your choice.
I believe what the Bible teaches and it says that there are other Christians who are not of the elect. I showed you scripture confirming this, but you ignored it.
I’m not saying God isn’t drawing you to Jesus, he may well be....through reading your bible...but as you say, you aren’t Born Again.....so I pray in the Spirit, that God will birth you in the Spirit.....Amen!!
God drew me decades ago and gratefully, I have been serving our King in the capacity he instructed for most of my life. I have no desire for heaven because God designed us humans to live right here on the earth that he carefully and thoughtfully and lovingly prepared for us. Heaven has the full number of its elect, ready and willing to take up the role for which they were chosen…..one you seem to know nothing about…
The truth is the truth, regardless of what any of us “believes”.
Revelation 21:2-4 will have its fulfillment….we can count on it.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know exactly what it means, and why God chose his elect….but I’m still waiting for an answer as to what you believe it means to BE one of the elect…..why are you chosen? And what role will you play?
How many times must I ask (count them) and you still ignore my questions…..?

The readers here will know who is avoiding the questions…

What does that even mean? Again you tell me “what” when I asked you “why”.
You can’t even tell me what the Kingdom of God is. Jesus said we are to preach about it, and yet what would you tell a new one about something you cannot describe with any clarity even to yourself?
“We are in the spiritual realm”…..really? Define what that means in terms that are understandable. Why are your responses so vague?

Sorry, but I have known about the Kingdom of God ever since someone explained to me what the Lord’s Prayer meant. I had no idea what I was praying for, and I’m sure that most people who parrot off that prayer every week in church, have no idea either.
Do you know how the kingdom “comes” so that God’s will can be “done on earth as it is in heaven”? Tell us.
I know quite a few who are “born again” and they can tell me exactly what it means and where they are going and what they will do there….you see God’s spirit fills in all the blanks for them….it apparently doesn’t for people like yourself who can’t seem to explain anything with any clarity.
yet from your questions and answers.. it does not seem you know what it means or what it is for..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explanations that are thorough are detailed because there is no way to explain complicated things in 1 paragraph or less. Those who only want a few words are obviously satisfied with snatches of knowledge that are inadequate in helping them to explain things to others. I am a Bible student and teacher…everything I do is thorough because I have to satisfy myself first, that what I believe is backed up by God’s word 100%. An incomplete picture serves no purpose at all.

The scriptures were written BY and FOR, God’s elect…they pertain first and foremost to the ones God has chosen to be “joint heirs with Christ”…..to be anointed with God’s spirit is to have a token from God proving their election. These ones do not just believe that they have “the heavenly calling…they know they do.

Since the elect have a specific role in heaven that involves those who will live on earth, you should know that not all Christians can be of the elect…..they are a finite group and their role in heaven is clearly stated. This role involves those who will live in paradise on earth, where God placed us in the beginning….do you think God created the earth as a training ground for heaven?….he didn’t.

An “heir” is someone who inherits something….so what is the inheritance? What is your inheritance?
Your knowledge, for someone who is supposed to be filled with the holy spirit is almost non-existent….I see you quote theology but with no real Bible knowledge…..sad really.
If you are going to heaven, as one of God’s “saints”…..what will you do there? Surely you must know….?

I believe what the Bible teaches and it says that there are other Christians who are not of the elect. I showed you scripture confirming this, but you ignored it.

God drew me decades ago and gratefully, I have been serving our King in the capacity he instructed for most of my life. I have no desire for heaven because God designed us humans to live right here on the earth that he carefully and thoughtfully and lovingly prepared for us. Heaven has the full number of its elect, ready and willing to take up the role for which they were chosen…..one you seem to know nothing about…
The truth is the truth, regardless of what any of us “believes”.
Revelation 21:2-4 will have its fulfillment….we can count on it.
if you are not of the elect. you are not Gods children. you are still dead in your sin.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
if you are not of the elect. you are not Gods children. you are still dead in your sin.
Who said? Not ALL Christians are chosen for a role in heaven.....only those with the “heavenly calling”. (Heb 3:1)
God has many children, some in heaven and some on earth. We are all sinners and death will continue to take us until the coming of the Kingdom......how does the kingdom “come”? Can you tell me?