Question for non-JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let's just wait and see....shall we?
What is this "fairy tale wonderland" you think we believe in? Do you mean the paradise in which God originally placed humans and told them to "be fruitful and become many and fill the earth"......where did he ever mention going to heaven to Adam?
How long were the humans to enjoy their paradise...? How does forever sound? The "tree of life" was there to guarantee everlasting life in mortal flesh, right here where God put us. (Gen 3:22-24) What happened to "the tree of life" once Adam sinned?

How does that factor into your belief system?
I’m not here to answer your silly worldly questions...I’m here to Glorify God....as a Born Again....only a Born Again will see the Kingdom of God....and we do Father God...Praise your Holy Name.

Faith without works is dead....Amen!!....

Reactions: The Learner

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let's just wait and see....shall we?
What is this "fairy tale wonderland" you think we believe in? Do you mean the paradise in which God originally placed humans and told them to "be fruitful and become many and fill the earth"......where did he ever mention going to heaven to Adam?
How long were the humans to enjoy their paradise...? How does forever sound? The "tree of life" was there to guarantee everlasting life in mortal flesh, right here where God put us. (Gen 3:22-24) What happened to "the tree of life" once Adam sinned?

How does that factor into your belief system?
1697831568471.gif

• Haha

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’m not here to answer your silly worldly questions...I’m here to Glorify God....as a Born Again....only a Born Again will see the Kingdom of God....and we do Father God...Praise your Holy Name.
If you say so......but still no answer to a question that challenges your belief system.
It wasn't a "worldly question"...it was a biblical one. You see theology does not provide answers to those difficult questions....Bible study does.
Your Bible knowledge is substituted by a claim to have the holy spirit...which apparently convinces you that you then need no knowledge... This was a command from Jesus.....to "Go! and make disciples....teaching them". (Matt 28:19-20) So how can you preach and teach without sound knowledge and the ability to defend your faith?

Faith without works is dead....Amen!!....
We had better believe that.....what works are then necessary?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you say so......but still no answer to a question that challenges your belief system.
It wasn't a "worldly question"...it was a biblical one. You see theology does not provide answers to those difficult questions....Bible study does.
Your Bible knowledge is substituted by a claim to have the holy spirit...which apparently convinces you that you then need no knowledge... This was a command from Jesus.....to "Go! and make disciples....teaching them". (Matt 28:19-20) So how can you preach and teach without sound knowledge and the ability to defend your faith?

I hope this helps you better, with what it means to be Born Again.

Got answers.

As Jesus talked with Nicodemus, He said, “‘I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.’ ‘How can a man be born when he is old?’ Nicodemus asked. ‘Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, “You must be born again”’” (John 3:3–7).

The phrase translated “born again” can also be translated as “born from above.” Nicodemus had a real need. He needed a change of his heart—a spiritual transformation that could only come from above. New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the person who believes (2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1–4, 18). John 1:12–13indicates that being “born again” also carries the idea of becoming “children of God” through trust in the name of Jesus Christ.

The question logically comes, “Why does a person need to be born again?” The apostle Paul in Ephesians 2:1 says, “And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins” (NKJV). To the Romans he wrote, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Sinners are spiritually “dead”; when they receive spiritual life through faith in Christ, the Bible likens it to a rebirth. Only those who are born again have their sins forgiven and have a relationship with God.

Twice in His conversation with Nicodemus, Jesus stressed the truth that one must be born again to enter the kingdom of God (John 3:3, 5). Being born once makes us children of Adam, and we share Adam’s corruption. We need a second birth—a spiritual birth—to make us children of God. We must be born again.

How does the new birth come to be? Ephesians 2:8–9 states, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” When one is saved, he has been born again, spiritually renewed, and is now a child of God by right of that new birth. Faith in Jesus Christ, the One who paid the penalty of sin when He died on the cross, is the means by which one is born again. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

If you have never trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, will you consider the prompting of the Holy Spirit as He speaks to your heart? You need to be born again. Will you pray a prayer of repentance and faith and become a new creation in Christ today? “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God” (John 1:12–13).

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hope this helps you better, with what it means to be Born Again.
I understand perfectly what it means to be "born again" because I have studied it carefully with all the scripture that is available to me.
Just because my definition is very different to your own, doesn't mean you have to be correct, and so far the questions asked of you meet with no real explanation.......so which definition is backed up by the whole Bible, not just the cherry picked verses that you continue to quote as if no one heard you the first time or the umteenth time you have repeated them.

I do not believe that your definition is correct....not all who claim to have the holy spirit....do.

What is the response of the "goats" whom Jesus rejects on judgment day? They say to him...."Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew* you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’" (Matt :21-23)

Let that sink in.....where did the power to "prophesy', to "expel demons" and to "perform many powerful works", come from? NOT GOD.

Can the devil give to humans supernatural power? Where do spirit mediums get their power to know all about a dead loved one? To predict the future by the stars? To practice magic? To heal the sick?
Satan is a powerful creature, but not more powerful than God unless you allow him to exercise it.
Got answers.
This is your 'go to' for information about the Bible? :ummm: Any wonder you have trouble answering my questions. :no reply: Do you do any personal Bible study?
If you have never trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, will you consider the prompting of the Holy Spirit as He speaks to your heart? You need to be born again. Will you pray a prayer of repentance and faith and become a new creation in Christ today? “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God” (John 1:12–13).
I trust the teaching of Christ implicitly, but he and his apostles never said that all Christians are going to heaven. This seems to be the meaning of being "born again" to a lot of people.....yet the role of the "chosen ones" is clearly set out in the scriptures, as is the purpose of God's Kingdom....yet you seem to know nothing about any of it. How is that possible? God's spirit opens up the understanding of many things.....yet you seem to understand only one thing.....and you cant see past it.

Those who are chosen by God for a role in his Kingdom, know that they will serve in a certain capacity there.....but it is whom they will serve and why that is the important thing. Do you know what is expected of one who is "born again" once they attain residence in the Kingdom?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ask James, he wrote that good works are proof of faith

Reactions: Ritajanice

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand perfectly what it means to be "born again" because I have studied it carefully with all the scripture that is available to me.
Just because my definition is very different to your own, doesn't mean you have to be correct, and so far the questions asked of you meet with no real explanation.......so which definition is backed up by the whole Bible, not just the cherry picked verses that you continue to quote as if no one heard you the first time or the umteenth time you have repeated them.

I do not believe that your definition is correct....not all who claim to have the holy spirit....do.

What is the response of the "goats" whom Jesus rejects on judgment day? They say to him...."Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew* you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’" (Matt :21-23)

Let that sink in.....where did the power to "prophesy', to "expel demons" and to "perform many powerful works", come from? NOT GOD.

Can the devil give to humans supernatural power? Where do spirit mediums get their power to know all about a dead loved one? To predict the future by the stars? To practice magic? To heal the sick?
Satan is a powerful creature, but not more powerful than God unless you allow him to exercise it.

This is your 'go to' for information about the Bible? :ummm: Any wonder you have trouble answering my questions. :no reply: Do you do any personal Bible study?

I trust the teaching of Christ implicitly, but he and his apostles never said that all Christians are going to heaven. This seems to be the meaning of being "born again" to a lot of people.....yet the role of the "chosen ones" is clearly set out in the scriptures, as is the purpose of God's Kingdom....yet you seem to know nothing about any of it. How is that possible? God's spirit opens up the understanding of many things.....yet you seem to understand only one thing.....and you cant see past it.

Those who are chosen by God for a role in his Kingdom, know that they will serve in a certain capacity there.....but it is whom they will serve and why that is the important thing. Do you know what is expected of one who is "born again" once they attain residence in the Kingdom?
A born-again Christian is someone who has repented of their sins and turned to Christ for their salvation, and as a result has become part of God’s family forever. All this takes place as God’s Spirit works in our lives.

You see, by nature we aren’t members of God’s family, and we don’t have any right to inherit eternal life. The reason is because of our sin. We have rebelled against God, and because of that, the Bible says, we are “separated from the life of God … due to the hardening of (our) hearts” (Ephesians 4:18). No, you may not see yourself as a bad person (and you probably aren’t)—but in God’s eyes even one sin is enough to keep you out of heaven.

But Jesus Christ came to save us and to make us part of His family forever! He did this by dying for our sins on the cross and by conquering death through His resurrection. You see, as a human being you were born into a family—and nothing can ever change that. But when we come to Christ we are spiritually reborn into another family—the family of God. The Bible says to Christ’s followers, “You have been born again … through the living and enduring word of God” (1 Peter 1:23).

My prayer is that you too may be born again and become part of God’s family. By a simple prayer of faith, tell God that you know you are a sinner, and you are sorry for your sins. Then ask Christ to come into your life and save you. When you do, God will come to live within you by His Spirit, and you will be born again.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

This doesn’t even make sense....I’ve already answered your questions, scroll back and see...plus I have just posted why it’s imperative that one is Born Again.

So the summary I posted, you aren’t agreeing with, even though it’s Gods word?

Is that correct....why are you cherry picking the questions you ask me.

Seriously....show me where you have answered my questions?

What does God say, that flesh gives birth to flesh?

This is another question you haven’t answered , do you honestly believe we must Bible study to bcome Born Again?
So, what you are saying is....my definition is biblical, therefore you are saying, God is a liar?

Oh dear...I hope you aren’t saying that.

Did you know that a Born Again cannot be Demon possessed?

So why are you randomly picking a random verse out of scripture?

Did you say that you Bible study....does the Holy Spirit lead you through his word?

@Aunty Jane ...you do know a Born Again cannot be Demon possessed?

It’s not about providing your bible knowledge @Aunty Jane , as we see in your post above.

Without the Holy Spirit, we are nothing and understand nothing...would you agree with that word of God?

Please prove the word of God wrong?

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God....

The chosen ones are Born Again...please prove the word of God wrong?

It’s not what I know about it @Aunty Jane ...as you keep repeating in every single post...

It’s not about your Biblical knowledge...or my knowledge....it’s not about us...it’s about the Living word of God.

How are you led through scripture?
Those who are chosen by God for a role in his Kingdom, know that they will serve in a certain capacity there.....but it is whom they will serve and why that is the important thing.

Show me God’s word that says exactly what you say here?
Do you know what is expected of one who is "born again" once they attain residence in the Kingdom?

I have posted umpteen times, over and over and over again, what it means to be Born Again.

All members can see this.

Yet, you have REFUSED to answer every single one of my questions, which was scripture...the Living word of God.

The only one you answered , was the one about NICODEMUS...that was it.

You have just carried on telling the story of the JW...nothing biblical whatsoever.

How do we become Born Again?....

Instead of posting reams and reams of your own teaching.

Just answer this question..

By the word of God...scripture please?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One question @Aunty Jane .

Scripture all about Born Again please?

As you know ,we must be Born Again, from Above...that is the Living word of God.

Not your secular words and not my secular words.

God breathed scripture from you.....God breathed scripture from me.........I will be waiting?...thanks.

Let’s see how you interpret being Born Again......then I will do the same and ask/ pray that the Holy Spirit will lead and guide me, as he always does...thanks.

Remember, not your own personal words please...we don’t want those....same applies to me...

I would like to see scripture from you....as a Born Again......the Bible is full of God’s word, regarding a Born Again.

Did you know this below, what does it mean?

Berean Standard Bible
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Literal Bible
But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to understand them, because spiritually they are discerned.

King James Bible
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Aunty Jane .....online summary.

What you have to realize about the Bible is that it is a spiritual book. It is called “the sword of the Spirit” in Ephesians 6:17. Jesus Christ, when he was preaching in John 6:63 said “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” And in saying that Jesus Christ was pointing us to where the issue really is in understanding the Bible… because the distance between you not understanding and understanding God’s word is the same distance between flesh and spirit, and those two are utterly separate!

The Bible is authored by the Holy Spirit of God. Men were inspired to speak and write, and that’s how we got the Bible. Yes human penmen were used, but it is God’s word. If you note the word “inspired”, that word is very related to the word “spirit”. And because the Bible is authored by the Holy Spirit, it takes the Holy Spirit to understand it. Anyone can read the Bible, but for most people, they are blinded to the truth that is therein. The wisdom of God’s words are hidden from them. And that’s frustrating isn’t it. Because as smart and capable as you think you are, your pride just takes you further from it! That’s how insulting the gospel is, that fishermen and tax collectors could understand what the scribes and Pharisees could not! And not just Bible, but the salvation therein is also kept from them, though it is laid out in such simple form a child can grasp it. And in fact, you must become as a child to enter the kingdom as Jesus said.

Berean Standard Bible
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Literal Bible
But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to understand them, because spiritually they are discerned.

King James Bible
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you know JW believe this.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe salvation is a gift from God attained by being part of "God's organisation "

God has an organisation?......scripture please, that says....salvation is a gift from God attained by being part of God’s organisation?

This is manmade garbage....which they have added to the word of God.....it’s the JWS that are the organisation unto themselves.

I stand on God’s word....they are witnesses for their own belief system/ ......they are not standing on the word of God.

A Born Again must stand on the Living word of God.....not this organisation garbage...

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you know JW believe this.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe salvation is a gift from God attained by being part of "God's organisation "

God has an organisation?......scripture please, that says....salvation is a gift from God attained by being part of God’s organisation?
Oh good grief.....do you have a dictionary? Look up the word “organisation” and then tell me when God has never had an organised people to whom he gave instructions on how to worship him in an organised way...
Why would you stumble over a word that describes what God has always done? Even in the time of the Patriarchs, family heads organised their clan and led them in worship.
This is manmade garbage....which they have added to the word of God.....it’s the JWS that are the organisation unto themselves.
We follow the first century model very closely...it’s not man made at all. What model do you follow? We worship the Father as Jesus did, and we know that the “chosen ones” will definitely experience a rebirth in order to dwell in a spirit realm where Jesus resides with his Father, who is also his God.
He told his apostles that he was going to prepare a place for them so that they would be with him once again. What did they believe their choosing meant?

The garbage is what Christendom teaches....are you part of Christendom? Do you subscribe to all her traditions and beliefs? Or do you pick and choose?
Are you going to heaven? The elect are chosen to go to heaven....and they must be “born again” in order to reside there.....but why are they chosen?....and what will they do there? Can you tell me? Surely you must know?
I stand on God’s word....they are witnesses for their own belief system/ ......they are not standing on the word of God.

A Born Again must stand on the Living word of God.....not this organisation garbage...
You stand on what you believe God’s word says.....so do I, but we both can’t be right, so I am happy to let Jesus be the judge....and since God’s people have always been organised into one body, brotherhood or nation (as Israel was) with the same commands from a God who does not change, I fail to see how any disorganised body could function....especially when their knowledge of the scriptures is so sadly lacking....but then that describes Christendom.....

God’s spirit unites his worshippers, it does not divide them.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh good grief.....do you have a dictionary? Look up the word “organisation” and then tell me when God has never had an organised people to whom he gave instructions on how to worship him in an organised way...
Why would you stumble over a word that describes what God has always done? Even in the time of the Patriarchs, family heads organised their clan and led them in worship.

We follow the first century model very closely...it’s not man made at all. What model do you follow? We worship the Father as Jesus did, and we know that the “chosen ones” will definitely experience a rebirth in order to dwell in a spirit realm where Jesus resides with his Father, who is also his God.
He told his apostles that he was going to prepare a place for them so that they would be with him once again. What did they believe their choosing meant?

The garbage is what Christendom teaches....are you part of Christendom? Do you subscribe to all her traditions and beliefs? Or do you pick and choose?
Are you going to heaven? The elect are chosen to go to heaven....and they must be “born again” in order to reside there.....but why are they chosen?....and what will they do there? Can you tell me? Surely you must know?

A Born again has been baptised in the Spirit.
You stand on what you believe God’s word says.....so do I, but we both can’t be right, so I am happy to let Jesus be the judge....and since God’s people have always been organised into one body, brotherhood or nation (as Israel was) with the same commands from a God who does not change, I fail to see how any disorganised body could function....especially when their knowledge of the scriptures is so sadly lacking....but then that describes Christendom.....

God’s spirit unites his worshippers, it does not divide them.
This members post is a story...that these JW make up.....there is no glory in them....all Glory is for God....not once has this poster quoted sound doctrine from the Holy Bible....they just post garbage and the Holy Spirit won’t stand for it..,...calling our God an organisation, absolutely preposterous!!

I stand on what the Holy Spirit ,testifies to my heart, through his Spirit...

We submit to the will of God...how do we do that?

Still NO answers to my questions.

JW is false NEVER believe their false doctrine...they lead themselves through scripture...and NOT by the word of God.

They bear false witness to the word of God...All you Born Again..stay well away from their garbage that they teach.

I stand on the word of God, through God’s Holy Spirit.

They stand on their own word.

Not once can this member prove the word of God wrong, that I posted...they can’t answer any simple questions that a Born Again would know

Beware of these false prophets!!!

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A Born again has been baptised in the Spirit.,
How as that an answer to my question? Same old same old.....
This members post is a story...that these JW make up.....there is no glory in them....all Glory is for God....not once has this poster quoted sound doctrine from the Holy Bible....they just post garbage and the Holy Spirit won’t stand for it..,...calling our God an organisation, absolutely preposterous!!

I stand on what the Holy Spirit ,testifies to my heart, through his Spirit...

We submit to the will of God...how do we do that?

Still NO answers to my questions.

JW is false NEVER believe their false doctrine...they lead themselves through scripture...and NOT by the word of God.

They bear false witness to the word of God...All you Born Again..stay well away from their garbage that they teach.

I stand on the word of God, through God’s Holy Spirit.

They stand on their own word.

Not once can this member prove the word of God wrong, that I posted...they can’t answer any simple questions that a Born Again would know

Beware of these false prophets!!!
And this is the oldest trick in the book when there is no defense....deflect by attacking the poster. Nice work. It shows that there is no substance to what you believe except to repeat the same meaningless thing over and over.....I'm done here...you have just proven what the OP was all about. Well done.

Believe whatever you wish.....

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How as that an answer to my question? Same old same old.....

And this is the oldest trick in the book when there is no defense....deflect by attacking the poster. Nice work. It shows that there is no substance to what you believe except to repeat the same meaningless thing over and over.....I'm done here...you have just proven what the OP was all about. Well done.

Believe whatever you wish.....
I will attack the enemy, who is a liar and false testimony to the power of the Living God.

You must be BORN OF THE SPIRIT...to see the Kingdom of God.

God can see straight through manipulating talk, emotional clap trap, that so many are led by...thank you for giving me that discernment Lord.

Your “ emotional “ words to me...don’t penetrate my heart.

Why....because they are a “ LIE” from the devil...

Ephesians 4:26-32 TPT​

But don’t let the passion of your emotions lead you to sin! Don’t let anger control you or be fuel for revenge, not for even a day. Don’t give the slanderous accuser, the Devil, an opportunity to manipulate you!

Praise you Lord for the discernment you have given to me through your Holy Spirit...and thank you Lord, that I walk in your Spirit and not the “ EMOTIONS “ ...

Praise your Holy Name..In Jesus Name ...Amen!!.

Ephesians 6:14-16​

Ephesians 6:14-16 KJV​

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Last edited:
  • Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As for those who constantly praise themselves for studying the scriptures.

The Holy Spirit is the one who leads you through scripture to understand it, that’s his Living word to his children.

Therefore you must be Born Again...for Without the Spirit of God....there is no understanding of God’s word...you must be Born from Above...only then can you be led by the Spirit.

Which can take years for a Born Again to grow and mature in the word.

It’s all in God’s timing.

1 Corinthians 2:14
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

New Living Translation
But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

English Standard Version
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just to be clear on our position as to who is “born again” and who is not, though still being a faithful disciple of Christ, let me clarify a few things from our perspective....not all Christians can be “born again”.

Concerning those chosen to be “adopted as sons of God” and “born again of the Holy Spirit”.......
This is what we believe it means, taking into account all of what is written about it.....

“Although called to be God’s children, while in the flesh they have only a “token of what is to come.” (2Co 1:22; 5:1-5; Eph 1:5, 13, 14) That is why the apostle, though speaking of himself and his fellow Christians as already “God’s sons,” could nevertheless say that “we ourselves also who have the firstfruits, namely, the spirit, yes, we ourselves groan within ourselves, while we are earnestly waiting for adoption as sons, the release from our bodies by ransom.” (Ro 8:14, 23) Thus, after conquering the world by faithfulness until death, they receive the full realization of their sonship by being resurrected as spirit sons of God and “brothers” of God’s Chief Son, Christ Jesus.—Heb 2:10-17; Re 21:7; compare Re 2:7, 11, 26, 27;3:12, 21.

Those who are God’s spirit-begotten children, called to this heavenly calling, know they are such, for God’s ‘spirit itself bears witness with their spirit that they are God’s children.’ (Ro 8:16) This evidently means that their spirit acted as an impelling force in their lives, moving them to respond positively to the expressions of God’s spirit through his inspired Word in speaking about such heavenly hope and also to his dealings with them by that spirit. Thus they have the assurance that they are indeed God’s spiritual children and heirs.”

There is a purpose to their calling that most of those in Christendom who claim to be “born again” do not acknowledge...that is, “the reason why God chose them”....giving them that “token” in advance of their actual physical transformation upon their resurrection to heaven. These alone are “heirs with Christ” who will rule over earthly subjects of the kingdom of God, fulfilling Revelation 21:1-5...

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”

This is “the bride of Christ” chosen to rule with him over those who will be brought back into reconciliation with the Father on earth. It will restore God’s first purpose to have humans taking care of his creation here, living an everlasting life in mortal flesh......given the means to partake of the “tree of life” and live forever. (Gen 3:22-24)
Their subjects will be those who survive the rapidly approaching end of this current world system, and those who will be brought back in the general resurrection of the dead, when the cleansing of the earth is complete....”just like the days of Noah” so it will be when Jesus comes to judge the world. (Matt 23:37-39)

The Bible speaks of two separate resurrections.....a “first resurrection” for the elect, (those who will rule with Jesus as “kings and priests”. Rev 20:6) and later, those of both the “righteous and the unrighteous“ who will be their subjects on earth. Jesus will call them from their graves. (John 5:28-29; Acts 24:15; Matt 25:31-34, 41, 46)

Scripturally, to us, this is what it means to be “born again”....and why we question the validity of those who say that they are “born again” but who cannot explain what their “calling” means in real scriptural terms.