Question for non-JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I stand on the word of God.

We must be BORN AGAIN to see the Kingdom of God.

Not what some think being Born Again is.....then add their own fairytale story to God’s word......

Anything other than that being preached is a BIG FAT LIE.....fairytale , ridiculing God’s Word.

They have been adding to God’s word and denying his truth...instead they pedal their own glorified truth.

They QUESTION GODS WORD.....HOW DARE THEY!!..

They shall NOT add their own story to the word of God....The Holy Spirit won’t stand for it!!!....in Jesus Name.....AMEN!!!!

John 3:1-21​

English Standard Version​

You Must Be Born Again​

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
9 Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you[f] do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[g] 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.[h]

Also God says.

Romans 8:7-9 NKJVBecause the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

My Refuge and Fortress
…4He will cover you with His feathers; under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and rampart. 5You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the calamity that destroys at noon.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Full Armor of God

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

13Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness arrayed, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness of the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18Pray in the Spirit at all times, with every kind of prayer and petition. To this end, stay alert with all perseverance in your prayers for all the saints. 19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will boldly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it fearlessly, as I should

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At least I'm not a " fake' !

Where the Spirit of God is, there is life.....where the carnal mind is, there is only misery and death....their spirit needs to become Born Again

Romans 8:16 In-ContextAnd by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory
I can address who I am bc Jesus makes me transparent therefore I do NOT suffer delusions!

Do not address me nor my post again! Put me on ignore, which I know you WON'T do bc you like to be argumentive, and your pride makes you want to one-up others.
Hallelujah!!...and Praise the Lord....we are the Born Again.....Born by the Spirit of God.....no man can ever take that from the heart/ spirit of his child........raise those hands and “ SHOUT” his name out!!

Where the Spirit of God is, there is life.....where the carnal mind is, there is only misery and death....their spirit needs to become Born Again.

Romans 8:6-11​

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually mindedis life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is notsubject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot* please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; butthe Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwellin you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quickenyour mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1698231251976.gif

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You've made this point many times in this thread but how it relates to the OP is unclear.
You must be Born Again......not fairytale stories....that’s how it relates to the topic.

If I see false testimony....I will pick them up on it.

It’s not what we say....it’s the Living word of God that stands.

Do NOT add to the word of God....with man made religion and rubbish.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
  1. What kind of witness do you suppose this is to outsiders who observe such vicious infighting?
  2. Do you suppose Jesus would judge such relentless attacks as loving, as action becoming of his worthy disciples?
  3. Is this why Jesus suffered and died on the cross; so there can be eternal acrimony over doctrine?
A Born Again will stand on the word of God.

Jeremiah 51:20

20 “You are my war club, my weapon for battle— with you I shatter nations, with you I destroy kingdoms,

James 1:12 – Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

Revelation 2:10 – Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Mark 10:27 – Jesus looked at them and said, “With man, it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.

Matthew 10:28 – And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 1:37 – For nothing will be impossible with God.
Matthew 11:28-30 – Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Romans 12:21 – Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Luke 12:4-5 – I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!

1 Timothy 6:12 – Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted your opinion...that scripture says nothing to a Born Again.

Hmmm. There must have been some kind of miscommunication. Being born again has nothing to do with this thread UNLESS it is some kind of self-righteous justification to relentlessly attack a denomination.

You must be Born Again......not fairytale stories....that’s how it relates to the topic.
Clear as mud.

Rita, you are obviously very passionate but I’m not sure your passion is on topic. Maybe others can help connect the dots.

I doubt your ongoing litany of pasting verses will edify your position further. We all know the Bible here. I referenced Philippians 4:8. Do you know that one?

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who decides which groups are cults unacceptable to God and which are to be accepted by Him?

Who always knows the mind of God?
The WORD decides

The HOLY SPIRIT decides

Those who have the HOLY SPIRIT and 'know' the WORD have the Mind of Christ

Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

When you know the TRUTH you will also know what the lies are.

JW/Watchtower denies a very important Truth(s) from the Scriptures and that is what makes them a cult = no different then RCC.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who decides which groups are cults unacceptable to God and which are to be accepted by Him?

Who always knows the mind of God?
Continued....

Are there JW's who are genuinely Saved = God decides and i believe Him.

Are there RC's who are Saved = God decides and i believe Him.

Are there Protestants who are Saved = God decides and i believe Him.

Is the only PATH to Salvation thru our LORD Jesus Christ = Emphatically YES

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued....

Come ye out from amongst the false , be ye holy and warn all that has breath of the dire need to flee any place
that teaches blasphemies and doctrine contrary to the doctrine delivered to the saints .
Lambs dont let anyone sit under a harlot or its teachers or teachings . Let us always remember that and remember that well .
Now hit the trenches those who preach the false gathering as one under false love and unity take no time
off gathering all tribes under the lie . WELL we take no time off exposing the lie of the harlot .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The WORD decides

The HOLY SPIRIT decides
The Holy Spirit will always lead us the right Way, God's Way, but people do, I believe, at time quench the Holy Spirit within them and for that moment or hour follow their own ways which are the ways leading to sin.
Those who have the HOLY SPIRIT and 'know' the WORD have the Mind of Christ
Who knows all of the Word always? Those who never quench the Spirit. Those who have already by the Spirit overcome all of the world as Jesus overcame all of the world. The world, I believe, is the world of sinful ways of each one of us as per:

1jo 2:16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Jesus was no longer "in" that world of temptations after his final time in Gethsemane prior to going to the cross, but we, most of us, not having overcome all of our temptation remain in the world of temptations.
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
Do we know all of the things that Jesus knew? The Holy Spirit will lead into all truth, but who is already there as Jesus was there?

Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Every time we quench the Spirit instead of following the Spirit we hinder or slow our growth toward Him. Are we still tempted to sin or have we overcome all of those temptations finally and completely? Are we no longer in the world of temptations or are still there?
I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

When you know the TRUTH you will also know what the lies are.

JW/Watchtower denies a very important Truth(s) from the Scriptures and that is what makes them a cult = no different then RCC.
Every church group in my experience falls short of having ALL of the truth. Only by following the lead of the Holy Spirit and never quenching the Spirit will anyone overcome the world and be always where Jesus is... not in the world!

Joh 17:11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Joh 17:12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued....

Then why do you speak of the whole group as being a cult?
Then why do you speak of the whole group as being in a cult?
Yes indeed! Only God is able to see the end from the beginning. Are any of us God? God may enlighten us with regard to the walk of another individual, but does He enlighten us as to the walks of all people who are not walking precisely where we are? Who is now already an overcomer walking always in the Light as Jesus walked in the Light? Who is now always knowing exactly the mind of God with regard to other people? Who is now knowing exactly the mind of God with regard to his own walk with God?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit will always lead us the right Way, God's Way, but people do, I believe, at time quench the Holy Spirit within them and for that moment or hour follow their own ways which are the ways leading to sin.

Who knows all of the Word always? Those who never quench the Spirit. Those who have already by the Spirit overcome all of the world as Jesus overcame all of the world. The world, I believe, is the world of sinful ways of each one of us as per:

1jo 2:16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Jesus was no longer "in" that world of temptations after his final time in Gethsemane prior to going to the cross, but we, most of us, not having overcome all of our temptation remain in the world of temptations.

Do we know all of the things that Jesus knew? The Holy Spirit will lead into all truth, but who is already there as Jesus was there?

Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Every time we quench the Spirit instead of following the Spirit we hinder or slow our growth toward Him. Are we still tempted to sin or have we overcome all of those temptations finally and completely? Are we no longer in the world of temptations or are still there?

Every church group in my experience falls short of having ALL of the truth. Only by following the lead of the Holy Spirit and never quenching the Spirit will anyone overcome the world and be always where Jesus is... not in the world!

Joh 17:11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Joh 17:12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
Truth - @amadeus says: "Every church group in my experience falls short of having ALL of the truth. Only by following the lead of the Holy Spirit and never quenching the Spirit will anyone overcome the world and be always where Jesus is... not in the world!"

The original topic was about cults, to which i responded.

True that only the FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT know ALL Truth - this does not delineate from the Holy Spirit informing us of error and lies.
Just as we are implored by the Apostle John = "no lie is of the truth"

Therefore, since ALL Truth is in JESUS, every 'son of God' must believe every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God.
It is IMPERATIVE that the Body of Christ/we fully embrace this TRUTH, as it is our LORD's commandment unto LIFE = Matthew 4:4
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”

EVERY error occurs when we fail at submitting to "it is written" = which correlates to being lead by the Spirit.
This is how the Holy Spirit directs us when we are being truthful with ourselves before God.

Note: The only person who completed this task of obedience, 24/7, unto the FATHER was/is the LORD Jesus Christ.

Conclusion - Our LORD JESUS CHRIST is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE = follow His words and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit will NEVER contradict "it is written" whereas all error and/or cults deviate from His commandment.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then why do you speak of the whole group as being in a cult?

Yes indeed! Only God is able to see the end from the beginning. Are any of us God? God may enlighten us with regard to the walk of another individual, but does He enlighten us as to the walks of all people who are not walking precisely where we are? Who is now already an overcomer walking always in the Light as Jesus walked in the Light? Who is now always knowing exactly the mind of God with regard to other people? Who is now knowing exactly the mind of God with regard to his own walk with God?
Every cult defines itself by their own error/disobedience to the Holy Scriptures = "it is written"

*** The subject to which i responded was cults/error = It was NOT about personal/individual 'walk with God'***

Conclusion: Is God able to Save men/women who are involved in cults?
Answer - ABSOLUTELY
Therefore we judge no one as only God searches the hearts and minds of men.
This does not diminish the commandments of our LORD to expose false teachings, doctrines, apostles and/or cults.

The GOOD NEWS = wherever the Gospel is preached, even in a cult, God is both able and willing to SAVE some.

Thus the Call of God goes out everyday around the world: "Come out of Her my people............."

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every cult defines itself by their own error/disobedience to the Holy Scriptures = "it is written"

*** The subject to which i responded was cults/error = It was NOT about personal/individual 'walk with God'***

Conclusion: Is God able to Save men/women who are involved in cults?
Answer - ABSOLUTELY
Therefore we judge no one as only God searches the hearts and minds of men.
This does not diminish the commandments of our LORD to expose false teachings, doctrines, apostles and/or cults.

The GOOD NEWS = wherever the Gospel is preached, even in a cult, God is both able and willing to SAVE some.

Thus the Call of God goes out everyday around the world: "Come out of Her my people............."
I do not use the word, cult, to define any religious group even though I may disagree with most or even all of their prescribed or described activities and/or beliefs.

I have been out of the Catholic Church for about 50 years, but I always remember that it was there while a practicing Catholic that God called me to Him. I was at times blessed by God through the nuns and priests while with them. God does work with people where they are. Yes, God did eventually call me out of there, but I have known more than person who from what I can see has served God faithfully within that group most or all of their lives. And then again... it is not my place to stand in final judgment of anyone else.

Ultimately in every case where a person is changed from one belief to another, and it is toward God, is it not God who gives the increase? God works through people but sometimes, I believe, people move out in front of God instead of allowing Him to lead them.

Ec 3:1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ec 3:7... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Remember the times Jesus remained silent allowing people to have their sinful ways with Him?

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not use the word, cult, to define any religious group even though I may disagree with most or even all of their prescribed or described activities and/or beliefs.

I have been out of the Catholic Church for about 50 years, but I always remember that it was there while a practicing Catholic that God called me to Him. I was at times blessed by God through the nuns and priests while with them. God does work with people where they are. Yes, God did eventually call me out of there, but I have known more than person who from what I can see has served God faithfully within that group most or all of their lives. And then again... it is not my place to stand in final judgment of anyone else.

Ultimately in every case where a person is changed from one belief to another, and it is toward God, is it not God who gives the increase? God works through people but sometimes, I believe, people move out in front of God instead of allowing Him to lead them.

Ec 3:1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Remember the times Jesus remained silent allowing people to have their sinful ways with Him?
i would say our backgrounds are quite similar

Reactions: amadeus

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

On a different note - i came across this video today, which you may (or not) like

If you do not like the music (Pink Floyd) just shut off the volume = but do watch the video

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On a different note - i came across this video today, which you may (or not) like

If you do not like the music (Pink Floyd) just shut off the volume = but do watch the video

I watched it and I believe I understood the point.

Sometimes in somebody's eyes you're wrong if you do or if you don't. This is why we need to be right in God's eyes... no matter what anyone thinks about it. If we are not listening or not hearing what He is saying, how right can we be?

Joh 10:4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Do we then know His voice? If yes, are we paying attention? What a mighty God we serve!

Reactions: David in NJ