Question for non-JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
THE JW the CALVIN , the baptist , the OSAS man , mormon , the RCC , the .............dang this list is gonna be long
IS IN DIRE GRAVE and deadly danger .
I agree that there are many who have broken away from the mainstream because they did not find God there...but again, the devil is a mimic....confusion is his stock in trade....so he creates many tables, serving “foods” that are attractive to various people. He knows how to bait them, so he serves them “food” that caters to all tastes. (1 Cor 10:21)
How can we tell the true worship from the many forms of false worship....?

The fact is “we” can’t. Unless God “draws” us to his son in the right way, all of us will be on a wrong path, no matter how sincere or committed we are to it. (John 6:44, 65)
It is God who chooses us as much as we think we choose him. For those whom the Father “draws”, Jesus said that “the truth will set you free”....so what is this freedom? What are the shackles that enslave people that need to be removed? The lies that they have fallen for for centuries. They have to “get out of Babylon the great” before God brings her down. (Rev 18:4-5) Unless we remove ourselves from that evil institution masquerading as true worship, we are doomed....but God will not force his truth on anyone, as the first century model demonstrated......the majority back then rejected Christ and they do the same today by worshipping the wrong god....one they have substituted for the Father. (Exodus 20:3)
YOU DO REALIZE in part very much and yet you cannot see the simple .
For example you did say a lot of truth . YET YOU cannot see your camp the unholy JW led you astray TOO .
YOU Either never knew something or you took of heeding it .
That is a broad claim Amigo...so in what way have we strayed from the path of truth? Can you be specific?
I was raised in Christendom and I understand fully every false belief I was taught and why it never belonged as part of Christ’s teachings.....so please tell me what 50 years of intense Bible study has failed to reveal? What do you know that over 8 million JW’s don’t? Are you the sole recipient of your truth?
THE KJV YOu attack and try and say THE RCC inspired or etc
IS WRONG . WRONG . ITS TRUTH . ITS HOLY and ITS PURE .
JUST cause the RCC did as the jews and led the people astray , DONT MEAN THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE is the problem .
It is the words of men just as any other translation is. The Bible was not written in archaic English, so I fail to understand this worship of a translation as if God himself wrote it. How can it be “pure and holy” when its errors are so plain. Have you ever done original language word studies? Translation errors become very apparent when you compare original meanings of words and how they are used in other passages. You need to study the Bible to expose false doctrines.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
TIME TO RETURN TO THE BIBLE . THE REAL BIBLE AND NOT THE ONE MEN TWISTED .
“The one men twisted” is the one you think is “pure and holy”.....it is one among many translations that use the same manuscripts, so they will repeat the same translation errors.......you cannot see that your own bias is getting in the way of the truth here.
THE BIBLE WAS NOT OR EVER WAS THE PROBLEM . MEN ARE . YALL BOUGHT A ROTTEN BILL OF GOODS .
The devil will always paint the truth as a lie and vice versa......the lies have been around for a very long time, so if this is the only “Christianity” that people know, how will they “know the truth” unless they are “set free” by God himself?
If we are deluded, will God tell us that we are? The truth is, he will not, if we are happy believing the lies and wanting to cling to them.

2 Thess 2:7-12....KJV...
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousnes
s.”

Do you know what a delusion is? A delusion is believed to be a reality. The person holding the delusion has no idea that it isn’t real. So who is it that are holding these delusions? Is it you? Is it me? Is it all who follow the teachings of satan’s “weeds” without knowing that they are? Why does God allow them to be deluded?......Because they love the lies more than they love the truth. Their hearts are telling God that they don’t belong to him....or we would love what he loves and hate what he hates. (Prov 6:16-19)

PS , i see inclusivity in you already . all false religoins are gathering under it .
I find that hard to believe because there are none that I know of in this world that are less inclusive than we are. We have no affiliation with any other “Christian” group because we hold no beliefs in common with Christendom at all....we reject her "holy days" and her beliefs and adopted practices. We uphold God’s moral standards in more ways than the majority as far as marriage and divorce is concerned and we have strict standards when it come to pre-marital sex and the whole transgender debacle. We gather under no man’s umbrella.....we gather under Christ’s. He is our leader, not any man. When Jesus said that he would appoint a "faithful and wise slave" in this time of the end, to "feed" his entire household "their food at the proper time" (Matt 24:45)....we have to find that "slave" and feed at his table......so who is he Amigo? Jesus asked that question too....because he knew that many would claim to be that one.

as for me in the KJV book i will remain and remain under the GOD WHO INSPIRED THE TRUTH OF THEM HOLY WORDS . You all may do as you please . THOUGH i wish you would repent .
And that is your right and your choice....we will all stand before the same judge and many will be in for a shock when Jesus comes as judge of all of us on that day.....(Matt7:21-23)

God wishes that all would repent....but he already knows that the majority will not....such is the history of human nature and the devil’s success in manipulating it.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The one men twisted” is the one you think is “pure and holy”.....it is one among many translations that use the same manuscripts, so they will repeat the same translation errors.......you cannot see that your own bias is getting in the way of the truth here.

The devil will always paint the truth as a lie and vice versa......the lies have been around for a very long time, so if this is the only “Christianity” that people know, how will they “know the truth” unless they are “set free” by God himself?
If we are deluded, will God tell us that we are? The truth is, he will not, if we are happy believing the lies and wanting to cling to them.

2 Thess 2:7-12....KJV...
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousnes
s.”

Do you know what a delusion is? A delusion is believed to be a reality. The person holding the delusion has no idea that it isn’t real. So who is it that are holding these delusions? Is it you? Is it me? Is it all who follow the teachings of satan’s “weeds” without knowing that they are? Why does God allow them to be deluded?......Because they love the lies more than they love the truth. Their hearts are telling God that they don’t belong to him....or we would love what he loves and hate what he hates. (Prov 6:16-19)

I find that hard to believe because there are none that I know of in this world that are less inclusive than we are. We have no affiliation with any other “Christian” group because we hold no beliefs in common with Christendom at all....we reject her "holy days" and her beliefs and adopted practices. We uphold God’s moral standards in more ways than the majority as far as marriage and divorce is concerned and we have strict standards when it come to pre-marital sex and the whole transgender debacle. We gather under no man’s umbrella.....we gather under Christ’s. He is our leader, not any man. When Jesus said that he would appoint a "faithful and wise slave" in this time of the end, to "feed" his entire household "their food at the proper time" (Matt 24:45)....we have to find that "slave" and feed at his table......so who is he Amigo? Jesus asked that question too....because he knew that many would claim to be that one.

And that is your right and your choice....we will all stand before the same judge and many will be in for a shock when Jesus comes as judge of all of us on that day.....(Matt7:21-23)

God wishes that all would repent....but he already knows that the majority will not....such is the history of human nature and the devil’s success in manipulating it.
Can you clarify on these "twists"?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They main man was the one who declared to be under the SPIRIT and suddenly knew the true greek . Yah , me no heed that one .
He, for years had a big problem with the diety of Christ . So yeah all of a sudden he gets what he calls
GREEK KNOWLEDGE and then goes about changing certain parts of the bible . And FOLKS actually bought this hook line and sinker .
Be like me suddenly saying HEY EVERYONE the SPIRIT gave me knowledge of orignal greek
THEN i go about making changes to the bible , calling it corrupt and making my own version . YEAH , That is all that man did .
This lamb dont sit under folks like that . WORD became a word , GOD became a god . YEAH , RIGHT .
Dont heed that lie . The man was simply rewriting the bible to suit his own ideals .
AND GUESS what , He forgot to take parts out of his own bible that PROVED the diety of CHRIST . oops .
So much for his so called divine inspirtation . cause even he forgot to takes parts out of his own bible version . OOPSY .
Dont sit under such folks david . Never once . Course i know ya dont . But just reminding us not to anyway .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

1 Corinthians 1

New International Version

1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,
2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:
3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving​

4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 5 For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— 6 God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you.7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. 8 He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, who has called youinto fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

A Church Divided Over Leaders​

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize,but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom​

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”[c]
20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can give you many examples.....
Its all about which manuscript you accept, and which translators you think have the more accurate translation when the entirety of scripture is considered.
Apart from the phrasing and the words that are now redundant in today's English, there are fundamental errors that seem to betray a bias that supports the topic we are not supposed to discuss.....

e.g. John 1:18 in the NASB95 states....
"No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him."

The KJV translates that verse....
"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

Here is Strongs Greek to English translation of this verse....
NASB95
No G3762 one G3762 has seen G3708 God G2316 at any G4455 time; G4455 the only G3439 begotten G3439 God G2316 who is in the bosom G2859 of the Father, G3962 He has explained G1834 Him.

KJV...
"No man G3762 hath seen G3708 God G2316 at any time; G4455
the only begotten G3439 Son, G5207 which G3588 is G5607 in G1519 the bosom G2859 of the Father, G3962 he G1565 hath declared G1834 him.

Now look at what happened to the NASB between 1995 and 2020....

No G3762 one G3762 has seen G3708 God G2316 at any G4455 time G4455; God G2316 the only G3439 Son, who is in the arms G2859 of the Father G3962, He has explained G1834 Him.

Now, wait a second....what happened to "the only begotten god" which in the original manuscript read "monogenes theos" but in the KJV it says "monogenes huios"...so that is a big discrepancy, giving a completely different meaning to the text...so which one is correct, since the revised NASB has worded it in an ambiguous way to support the topic we cannot discuss....

What word agrees with the opening statement? "No man has seen God at any time"? Can you have "no man seeing God at any time" but many still seeing Jesus? How does that add up? Which translation agrees with the truth of the opening statement? The Bible does not contradict itself.
I could go on, but space and the forbidden topic would see me in trouble.

If you are really interested as to whether the KJV is accurate, this video is enlightening.....
Exposing the King James Version of the Bible

Its quite long (about half an hour) and it exposes the KJV as full of mistranslations....but it has nothing to do with JW's....

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They main man was the one who declared to be under the SPIRIT and suddenly knew the true greek . Yah , me no heed that one .
He, for years had a big problem with the diety of Christ . So yeah all of a sudden he gets what he calls
GREEK KNOWLEDGE and then goes about changing certain parts of the bible . And FOLKS actually bought this hook line and sinker .
Be like me suddenly saying HEY EVERYONE the SPIRIT gave me knowledge of orignal greek
THEN i go about making changes to the bible , calling it corrupt and making my own version . YEAH , That is all that man did .
This lamb dont sit under folks like that . WORD became a word , GOD became a god . YEAH , RIGHT .
Dont heed that lie . The man was simply rewriting the bible to suit his own ideals .
AND GUESS what , He forgot to take parts out of his own bible that PROVED the diety of CHRIST . oops .
So much for his so called divine inspirtation . cause even he forgot to takes parts out of his own bible version . OOPSY .
Dont sit under such folks david . Never once . Course i know ya dont . But just reminding us not to anyway .
And where may I ask did you get that nonsense? Do you believe anything that people tell you as long as its something you want to hear and believe? Listen to you.....do you know for a fact that any of that malicious gossip is true? Do you willingly spread lies so as to malign people you don't even know? Where would you have been in Jesus' day? Yelling for his execution because he didn't teach what you wanted to believe was true? There was no one man who suddenly knew Greek....the NWT was based on the work of Westcott and Hort, well known Bible scholars. You really should make sure of your words because you know God hates liars.

I challenge you to submit any errors that you have personally found in the NWT, and we can compare them with the KJV and Strongs Concordance. How about that Amigo? Is that a fair challenge? Would you like to back up what you said with some actual evidence rather than spouting second hand garbage from our opposers? You are fulfilling scripture, you know....Matthew 5:11-12.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can give you many examples.....
Its all about which manuscript you accept, and which translators you think have the more accurate translation when the entirety of scripture is considered.
Apart from the phrasing and the words that are now redundant in today's English, there are fundamental errors that seem to betray a bias that supports the topic we are not supposed to discuss.....

e.g. John 1:18 in the NASB95 states....
"No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him."

The KJV translates that verse....
"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

Here is Strongs Greek to English translation of this verse....
NASB95
No G3762 one G3762 has seen G3708 God G2316 at any G4455 time; G4455 the only G3439 begotten G3439 God G2316 who is in the bosom G2859 of the Father, G3962 He has explained G1834 Him.

KJV...
"No man G3762 hath seen G3708 God G2316 at any time; G4455
the only begotten G3439 Son, G5207 which G3588 is G5607 in G1519 the bosom G2859 of the Father, G3962 he G1565 hath declared G1834 him.

Now look at what happened to the NASB between 1995 and 2020....

No G3762 one G3762 has seen G3708 God G2316 at any G4455 time G4455; God G2316 the only G3439 Son, who is in the arms G2859 of the Father G3962, He has explained G1834 Him.

Now, wait a second....what happened to "the only begotten god" which in the original manuscript read "monogenes theos" but in the KJV it says "monogenes huios"...so that is a big discrepancy, giving a completely different meaning to the text...so which one is correct, since the revised NASB has worded it in an ambiguous way to support the topic we cannot discuss....

What word agrees with the opening statement? "No man has seen God at any time"? Can you have "no man seeing God at any time" but many still seeing Jesus? How does that add up? Which translation agrees with the truth of the opening statement? The Bible does not contradict itself.
I could go on, but space and the forbidden topic would see me in trouble.

If you are really interested as to whether the KJV is accurate, this video is enlightening.....
Exposing the King James Version of the Bible

Its quite long (about half an hour) and it exposes the KJV as full of mistranslations....but it has nothing to do with JW's....

Well i never looked/read the NASB.

i was saved by the "Word that was God from the beginning" = KJV and NKJV

The Knowledge of the Word/Christ being the same Eternal Elohim is recorded in Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah, the Gospel and Revelation

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where may I ask did you get that nonsense? Do you believe anything that people tell you as long as its something you want to hear and believe? Listen to you.....do you know for a fact that any of that malicious gossip is true? Do you willingly spread lies so as to malign people you don't even know? Where would you have been in Jesus' day? Yelling for his execution because he didn't teach what you wanted to believe was true? There was no one man who suddenly knew Greek....the NWT was based on the work of Westcott and Hort, well known Bible scholars. You really should make sure of your words because you know God hates liars.

I challenge you to submit any errors that you have personally found in the NWT, and we can compare them with the KJV and Strongs Concordance. How about that Amigo? Is that a fair challenge? Would you like to back up what you said with some actual evidence rather than spouting second hand garbage from our opposers? You are fulfilling scripture, you know....Matthew 5:11-12.
For sure and for certain i would not have followed wescott or hort . Those men were bad news my dear friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Knowledge of the Word/Christ being the same Eternal Elohim is recorded in Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah, the Gospel and Revelation
The attack upon the diety of Christ has only increased and specially in these latter times .
There is a religoin at work to UNIFY all religoins .
THUS the diety of CHRIST had to be removed . To them there simply cannot be this one way mindset .
THE DIETY OF CHRIST had to be removed . HE had to become simply just another prophet , another way etc to GOD .
This is why you will find that for years the diety of Christ has been more and more attacked from WITHIN even christanity itself .
Christ cannot be seen as God , cause if HE IS and HE SAID HE IS THE ONLY WAY , then there can be no unifying
of the religoins . HE had to, thus be , preached as another jesus and not as JESUS THE CHRIST . The diety was in the way .
CAUSE IF GOD SAID CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY , then how can christians ever comply to the lie there are many ways .
IF GOD SAID IT , then it cannot be unsaid . IF JESUS SAID IT , IF JESUS HIMSELF SAID
I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE and that no man comes to the FATHER but by me
WHO YOU THINK SAID IT . GOD DID . the diety of CHRIST has to be removed in order for this global religion
to UINIFY all the religoins . HE cannot be seen as GOD . THUS this is why many concordances and other writings
have went to work doing such a thing . ITS all about ONE RELIGOIN that all religoins can accept as truth .
THIS LAMB WONT BE BUYING IT . NO SIR . They , are all coming into bed now
as one under this guise . What JOHN wrote stands . Let no man adulterate the truth with the word
A god in front of it . JOHN said in the beginning was THE WORD and the WORD was with GOD
and GOD WAS THE WORD . AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH and dwelt among us .
AND man folks should read revelation and look real closely at the things JESUS HIMSELF sayeth .
Let no man take no crown . This lamb wont be heeding decievers at all .

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For sure and for certain i would not have followed wescott or hort . Those men were bad news my dear friend .
Can I ask why?
In my own research I discovered that the text upon which the KJV was based, is full of scribal errors. These acclaimed Bible scholars (Westcott and Hort) took 28 years to refine their translation of the Greek Scriptures. Only those devoted to the KJV and its errors made a fuss about the way they translated the text, free of the deliberate bias and errors shown in the “Textus Receptus”. Those who stuck to the KJV, despite its errors, showed that they embraced them.

How accurate was this “Received Text”?
It was not until the beginning of the sixteenth century that a Greek “New Testament” was produced for general circulation. The printer of it was a man named Froben, of Basel, Switzerland. He commissioned Erasmus, a leading scholar of the time, to rush through a Greek “New Testament.” This Erasmus did in ten months, and it appeared in 1516. Because of the haste with which he worked, its text was filled with errors. Many of these were gradually eliminated in further editions that appeared in 1519, 1522, 1527 and 1535, but not all.

There was no question about its being the Word of God. However, it did leave much to be desired as far as accuracy was concerned, and that for more than one good reason. First of all, Erasmus was able to consult only a handful of Greek manuscripts. Even more serious was the fact that all of these were of late origin. As a rule, the older a handwritten manuscript is, the fewer copying errors it is likely to have. Then there was also the matter of the haste with which Erasmus did his work. He himself admitted that his edition was “rushed through rather than edited.”

In spite of these unfavorable aspects of the editions by Erasmus, which applied with almost equal force to the Received Text, this text remained the standard for more than two hundred years.
Among the first to bring out his own text was the German scholar Griesbach; although it is said that he did not rid himself entirely of the influence of the Received Text.

The first one to do so was Lachmann, a professor of ancient classical languages at Berlin University. As one authority put it, Lachmann “was the first to found a text, wholly upon ancient evidence; and . . . did much toward breaking the superstitious reverence for the textus receptus.”

This “superstitious reverence for the Textus Receptus” upon which the KJV is based, is what we encounter in those who refuse to acknowledge its errors and depart from them....believing it to be free from error and “pure and holy”...which many modern scholars, well versed in linguistics and armed with the findings in the Dead Sea scrolls, determined that the KJV is not as “pure and holy” as they are led to believe.

It was said that Westcott and Hort “gathered up in themselves, all that was most valuable in the work of their predecessors.” They took every conceivable factor and every pertinent probability into consideration.
Their work has been termed “the most important contribution to the scientific criticism of the New Testament yet made.” Rotherham used it for his later editions, speaking of Westcott and Hort as “consummate masters of textual criticism.” Goodspeed states in the preface of An American Translation (1923)

The text of Westcott and Hort also served as the foundation of the Greek Scripture portion of the American Standard Version(1901) and the Revised Standard Version (1946).

How then are these men “bad news” Amigo......bad news for whom?

Please take the blinkers off and do some research yourself on these important things......nothing is more important than the accurate translation of the Bible itself, so no one wants to be found ignorant on the day of reckoning....we have all the resources available today to do our research thoroughly....so there will be no excuses accepted by the one who will judge us all.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You know what? The KJV was the only Bible I had growing up, and it is the word of God.....no doubt about that, but unless we broaden out in our study of God’s word, and deliberately remain ignorant of the uncomfortable facts, we can lose sight of the truth because of errors in translation, giving a biased rendering of passages that promote something that Jesus never did.

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to address the topic of “the word that was God from the beginning” because that is the one gross error that has led the majority down the dark path of false religion. One little word omitted from John 1:1 changed the entire meaning of it.

That is the bias in the KJV that later editions of the Greek Scriptures based on Westcott and Hort’s translation exposed. Like the first century Jews, influenced by the “father” that Jesus said they served, they didn’t want the truth that Jesus preached....but it didn’t make him wrong even though they silenced him.....but they could not silence the groundswell of what he started. (Acts 5:34-39)

Can you handle the truth? Many cannot face it because of what it would mean to have based their “Christianity” on what was never scriptural truth to begin with. (Matt 7:21-23)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what? The KJV was the only Bible I had growing up, and it is the word of God.....no doubt about that, but unless we broaden out in our study of God’s word, and deliberately remain ignorant of the uncomfortable facts, we can lose sight of the truth because of errors in translation, giving a biased rendering of passages that promote something that Jesus never did.

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to address the topic of “the word that was God from the beginning” because that is the one gross error that has led the majority down the dark path of false religion. One little word omitted from John 1:1 changed the entire meaning of it.

That is the bias in the KJV that later editions of the Greek Scriptures based on Westcott and Hort’s translation exposed. Like the first century Jews, influenced by the “father” that Jesus said they served, they didn’t want the truth that Jesus preached....but it didn’t make him wrong even though they silenced him.....but they could not silence the groundswell of what he started. (Acts 5:34-39)

Can you handle the truth? Many cannot face it because of what it would mean to have based their “Christianity” on what was never scriptural truth to begin with. (Matt 7:21-23)
Hi Aunty,

There really is no need to debate since we both love the God and FATHER of our LORD Jesus Christ.

What we will do is elevate our Heavenly Father's Word in our hearts as we both REST in His Truth.

So let us look at these scriptures of irrevocable Truth

Genesis 2:1-3
Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Hebrews 4:1-3
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed(in Christ/Gospel) do enter that rest,

Exodus 33:12-14
Then Moses said to the Lord, “See, You say to me, ‘Bring up this people.’ But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.’ Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.”
And YHWH said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

Matthew 11:28-30
LORD JESUS says: Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

The LORD Jesus Christ is our REST = Salvation cannot be acquired by resting on the 7th day of the week/Saturday.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There really is no need to debate since we both love the God and FATHER of our LORD Jesus Christ.
And there you have the dilemma.....how can God have a God and Father? They are two completely separate individuals. One begat the other, hence why Jesus is called “the son” of his Father. “The only true God” “sent” his son on an earthly mission. (John 17:3)
It is they who present themselves as “Father and son”....a very understandable relationship to describe to terrestrial humans....nothing mysterious about it unless you try and force ideas into the text of scripture that do not belong there.
What we will do is elevate our Heavenly Father's Word in our hearts as we both REST in His Truth.
I see the word “rest” has significance for you.....I have a completely different understanding concerning “God’s rest”.....as the scripture below demonstrates....
So let us look at these scriptures of irrevocable Truth

Genesis 2:1-3
Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
What do we notice about the six creative “days”, that they all have in common? At the conclusion of each creative period, we see that God had apportioned time to accomplish his creation in stages, and he declared that all he had made during those allotted periods, was “good”......the 6th day saw the creation of man as God’s crowning achievement, so he concluded the 6th day by declaring it “very good”...now, up to that point, all was well and good, exactly as he had purposed. So what happened to the 7th day?

God rested from his creative works, but not from observing how his creation would work out since he had given his intelligent creation free will......even God’s heavenly sons had free will or else satan could never have rebelled in the first place.....by abusing his free will and tempting the humans to disobey God by abusing theirs, he got the 7th day off to a bad start.....but God was ready to implement any contingency to make sure that the outworking of his purpose stayed on track.

As a side note.....I do not subscribe to the YEC version of events as it is neither logical or biblical. These were not 24 hour “days” as the Hebrew word for “day” has more than one meaning. It can also mean an undetermined length of time in which something is seen or accomplished. When we speak of “our grandfather’s day”, we are not talking about a 24 hour day, we are referring to an entire generational period. So if the creative “days” were periods of great length, and each was concluded with God expressing his satisfaction thus far......where is the declaration that finalises the 7th day? There isn’t one.....because the 7th day is still running.....it has not yet concluded....which is confirmed by the next scripture you quoted....
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed(in Christ/Gospel) do enter that rest,
How do we enter into God’s rest? By remaining faithful to his first purpose, in spite of all the roadblocks that satan has used to spoil its conclusion. To enter into God’s rest is to be present when the 7th day ends with God’s declaration that everything is again...”very good”. How do we do that? By carefully observing the teachings of God’s son...the one he “sent” to undo all the damage that satan has done to us....(1 John 3:8)...and to bring God’s original purpose for the earth and mankind upon it, to a successful conclusion. (Isa 55:11)
The LORD Jesus Christ is our REST = Salvation cannot be acquired by resting on the 7th day of the week/Saturday.
The Lord Jesus Christ is the one who provided the means for our salvation.....the weekly Sabbath was for Jews only, not Gentiles. Nowhere are Christians told to observe a Sabbath.

Jesus is called “Lord of the Sabbath” because of all that he has done during this 7th day, his role as God’s Logos, his mission to offer his life for ours, and especially in the final part where he rules redeemed mankind bringing them back to God’s original purpose, restoring them to their original perfection and giving them back the paradise that they lost through no fault on their part.

The 7th day concludes with the 1000 year reign of Christ and his elect, when he has successfully brought about all that the kingdom was designed to do.....he then hands rulership back to our rightful Sovereign.... (1 Cor 15:24-28) ...the one who should have been our rightful King all along......YHWH.

It’s all about the “big picture”....where everything fits.....and we would be lost without it.

Jesus came to buy back what Adam lost for all his children....at the conclusion of the 7th day, only righteous ones will remain to enjoy what we never got to experience at the start. Everlasting life in paradise on earth. (Rev 21:2-4)

Do you have a big picture David? Most I find, do not.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hebrews 4
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
The Sabbath Rest
(Genesis 2:1–3; Exodus 16:22–30)
1Therefore, while the promise of entering His rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be deemed to have fallen short of it. 2For we also received the good news just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, since they did not share the faith of those who comprehended it.a
3Now we who have believed enter that rest. As for the others, it is just as God has said:
“So I swore on oath in My anger,
‘They shall never enter My rest.’ ”b
And yet His works have been finished since the foundation of the world. 4For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in this manner: “And on the seventh day God rested from all His works.”c 5And again, as He says in the passage above: “They shall never enter My rest.”
6Since, then, it remains for some to enter His rest, and since those who formerly heard the good news did not enter because of their disobedience, 7God again designated a certain day as “Today,” when a long time later He spoke through David as was just stated: “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.”d
8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10For whoever enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His.11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience.
The Living Word
(2 Timothy 3:10–17)
12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Manmade religious words, that come out of the mouths of man/ woman....who talk such tripe.
It was humble of you to admit to that....
Mind you, I knew what you posted was tripe all along, but I waited till you were forced to admit it. :ummm:
These are the wonderful Living words of God, directly spoken to our spirit from God, via the Holy Spirit....those he speaks to are the Born Again who see His Kingdom, Through the eyes of the Holy Spirit.
Those "wonderful living words of God" that you can never explain to the poor souls who aren't "born again"....God's spirit speaks directly to you, but not to anyone who is not "born again"......but you have never told us what being "born again" even means....and it seem that you have no idea what the purpose is, in being "born again".......or what it will mean for the elect in the big scheme of things. Where are you going and why? What is God's Kingdom and what will you do there? You never give a direct answer....doesn't God tell you these things? :doldrums:
Never add to God’s word.....by all means voice an opinion.....which can’t be proven.
I never have......and I never will.
You do realize that what you post here is also your opinion.....that doesn't make it true, nor do we have any proof of your "born again" status. You can claim it, but can you prove it to anyone?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must love perfectly, as God has loved us.

The devil is double minded in his talk but singular in his walk.

1 Peter 5:8
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about ,seeking whom he may devour:

Reactions: Aunty Jane

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I ask why?
In my own research I discovered that the text upon which the KJV was based, is full of scribal errors. These acclaimed Bible scholars (Westcott and Hort) took 28 years to refine their translation of the Greek Scriptures. Only those devoted to the KJV and its errors made a fuss about the way they translated the text, free of the deliberate bias and errors shown in the “Textus Receptus”. Those who stuck to the KJV, despite its errors, showed that they embraced them.

How accurate was this “Received Text”?
It was not until the beginning of the sixteenth century that a Greek “New Testament” was produced for general circulation. The printer of it was a man named Froben, of Basel, Switzerland. He commissioned Erasmus, a leading scholar of the time, to rush through a Greek “New Testament.” This Erasmus did in ten months, and it appeared in 1516. Because of the haste with which he worked, its text was filled with errors. Many of these were gradually eliminated in further editions that appeared in 1519, 1522, 1527 and 1535, but not all.

There was no question about its being the Word of God. However, it did leave much to be desired as far as accuracy was concerned, and that for more than one good reason. First of all, Erasmus was able to consult only a handful of Greek manuscripts. Even more serious was the fact that all of these were of late origin. As a rule, the older a handwritten manuscript is, the fewer copying errors it is likely to have. Then there was also the matter of the haste with which Erasmus did his work. He himself admitted that his edition was “rushed through rather than edited.”

In spite of these unfavorable aspects of the editions by Erasmus, which applied with almost equal force to the Received Text, this text remained the standard for more than two hundred years.
Among the first to bring out his own text was the German scholar Griesbach; although it is said that he did not rid himself entirely of the influence of the Received Text.

The first one to do so was Lachmann, a professor of ancient classical languages at Berlin University. As one authority put it, Lachmann “was the first to found a text, wholly upon ancient evidence; and . . . did much toward breaking the superstitious reverence for the textus receptus.”

This “superstitious reverence for the Textus Receptus” upon which the KJV is based, is what we encounter in those who refuse to acknowledge its errors and depart from them....believing it to be free from error and “pure and holy”...which many modern scholars, well versed in linguistics and armed with the findings in the Dead Sea scrolls, determined that the KJV is not as “pure and holy” as they are led to believe.

It was said that Westcott and Hort “gathered up in themselves, all that was most valuable in the work of their predecessors.” They took every conceivable factor and every pertinent probability into consideration.
Their work has been termed “the most important contribution to the scientific criticism of the New Testament yet made.” Rotherham used it for his later editions, speaking of Westcott and Hort as “consummate masters of textual criticism.” Goodspeed states in the preface of An American Translation (1923)

The text of Westcott and Hort also served as the foundation of the Greek Scripture portion of the American Standard Version(1901) and the Revised Standard Version (1946).

How then are these men “bad news” Amigo......bad news for whom?

Please take the blinkers off and do some research yourself on these important things......nothing is more important than the accurate translation of the Bible itself, so no one wants to be found ignorant on the day of reckoning....we have all the resources available today to do our research thoroughly....so there will be no excuses accepted by the one who will judge us all.
Do thine own homework . You see every time i used to bring all this info about wescott and hort
folks just disreguared it and still justified these wicked men of belial . YOU DO , YOUR HOMWORK , OR BE DECIEVED .
I used to bring lots of information i found IN THE LIBRARY . in books i had read .
EVEN IN THEIR OWN BOOKS . and yet folks just make excuse upon excuse . I actually
read books from even the harlots den about the popes . I even read things joseph smith said and FOUND HIM false .
YOU SEE i dont do my homwork on google . I LEARNED FOR MYSELF . NOW FLEE THE JW CAMP . CAUSE ILEARNED
about them FROM THEM TOO . their own words , the words of their own orignal leaders i read for myself . THEY ERRED HUGE .
oh , back to wescott and hort . DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK . I challenge YOU to go read for yourself
and read THEIR OWN WORDS , YOU READ what they taught . ITS NEW AGE DUDE and they false and were of the dark one .
SO , dont expect me to read their versions of anything .

Reactions: Marvelloustime