Question For Obama

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It makes no difference if there are nuclear weapons in the middle east or not.
The entire discussion is irrelevant and academic.

American involvement there goes far deeper and has greater consequences than the possibility of some weapon system which we are entirely able to counter.

The United States involvement in the middle east is neither just, moral nor legal (by our own law). The Federal government continues to meddle in affairs in which it has no right nor invitation.

1. Unjust - We have invaded two nations who have not attacked us.

2. Immoral - Our government has lied to us about its reasons for the war, using the exploitation of foreign natural resources and domestic federal defense contracts as an excuse to siphon money out of the tax payers pockets into the accounts of international corporations. Further, the Federal government of the United States has employed the tactic of a bogus 'war on terrorism' to limit the liberties of its own citizens and to expand its own powers without consent.

3. Illegal - According to the obsolete US constitution, our government CANNOT make war upon anyone unless a formal declaration has been decreed by an act of congress. The usurpation of power by the executive branch with regard to war began with the inception of the National Security Council in 1947. Since that time we have found ourselves involved in a number of wars, NONE OF WHICH were legal in any sense or definition OF OUR OWN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.

These criminal actions go far beyond anything Mr. Obama has done in his short tenure in the White House. On the other hand, it is virtually certain that he will reverse none of them either.

The continued ursurpation of power by the Federal government limits our liberties, endangers the peace of the community of nations and enriches its client corporations and bankers.

It is the duty of every American citizen to eduate themselves on this modern travesty and act upon it, else our gift to our children and grandchildren will be a nation without liberty and the rule of law.

gator347

May 7, 2008
RJP,

Duhh, we were attacked. Hello! And which country harbored the people who did it?

Iraq invaded Kuwait. After that war, they NEVER lived up to the surrender agreement; hence, we were STILL at war.

The reasons we are not concerned with Israel having nukes but we are with the rest of the Middle East:

· How many times has Israel been attacked?

· How many governments surrounding Israel want Israel eliminated?

· Oh, and who’s land is it?

· Answer this: Which is older the Wailing Wall or the Dome of the Rock? Exactly

· What is the holiest location for Muslims?

· Now what is the holiest location for the Jews?

· And why are the Jews denied their Temple?

RJP,

All you look to do is instigate. I thought you were all into the Old Testament? Job and all?

You claim to be formally educated then how can you deny God gave the Jews Israel? God instructs other Nations to support Israel but you say it is immoral, unethical, and illegal?

You sir seem to be a poser.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
All you look to do is instigate. I thought you were all into the Old Testament? Job and all?

You claim to be formally educated then how can you deny God gave the Jews Israel? God instructs other Nations to support Israel but you say it is immoral, unethical, and illegal?

You sir seem to be a poser.

How about dealing with one topic at a time? That's why there is an organization to such things here.

I never denied that God gave Israel to the Jews, that is a lie by inference.

You didn't focus on my remarks. Let me reiterate for you.
According to the Constitution of the United States, ANY act of war must first be validated by a vote of congress.
No such validating vote has happened since December 8, 1941.

Do you have a problem with the establishment and use of the Constitution as the highest law of the land?

It doesn't matter how appropriate a military response may be or how righteous the cause, ANY ACT OF WAR must be ratified by congress.

Such military action by the President today is a ursupation of power and completely illegal.

"Usurpation...is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed."
- George Washington

I do indeed confess to being an instigator.

It is my whole hearted wish that anyone who reads my words may be inspired to de-program themselves from those unpatriotic thought processes which have been thrust upon us by those in the Federal Government who would assume power at the expense or our liberties.

Why do you have a problem with a call to liberty in this country? God knows we seem to lose more every day.

gator347

May 7, 2008
RJP:

Bush had the support of Congress - Iraq

Bush & Obama had the support of Congress - Afghanistan

Not all military action is WAR. The issue is not whether we should have gone to war. It was how we fought/ are fighting the war.

But you are probably an expert on that too!

Duh, stay on topic. She was talking about Israel being Nuclear.

So, if you are such a Religious Scholar how do you justify NOT supporting Israel?

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
RJP:

Bush had the support of Congress - Iraq

Bush & Obama had the support of Congress - Afghanistan

Not all military action is WAR. The issue is not whether we should have gone to war. It was how we fought/ are fighting the war.

But you are probably an expert on that too!

Duh, stay on topic. She was talking about Israel being Nuclear.

So, if you are such a Religious Scholar how do you justify NOT supporting Israel?

Now its my turn for a big Duhh

The last time I checked; bombing, shooting and killing by an army was defined as war.
The actual definition of "war" is the waging of an armed conflict against an enemy.

So we aren't exactly tossing marshmellows at folks in Afganistan and Iraq are we?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this.
Bottom line once again is that the American wars in the middle east ARE ILLEGAL according to the US Constitution.

Regarding Israel, jusitification for the invasion of Iraq was WMD's, remember?
Justification for the invasion of Afganistan was to displace the Taliban, remember?

Defense of Israel was never stated as a rationale for the American adventure there.

It doesn't matter how much you justify an illegal act, it is still a crime. Period.

The concept of right and wrong, legal and illegal is usually well understood by most folks; education notwithstanding.

Writer Tom Englehardt has stated that the former imperial power of Britain and Rome empires are dwarfed by the United States.

"At the height of the Roman Empire, the Romans had an estimated 37 major military bases scattered around their dominions. At the height of the British Empire, the British had 36 of them planet-wide. Depending on just who you listen to and how you count, we have hundreds of bases. According to Pentagon records, in fact, there are 761 active military ‘sites’ abroad."

In fact, Englehardt’s numbers are a bit dated now. More recent counts put the number at over a thousand.

The modern American Federal government is drunk with military power. Do we really need a navy that is larger than the next 17 countries combined?

Recently Mr. Obama seized the BP fund that had been established for Gulf relief of citizens and businesses and the environment.

Obama's act usurped the normal due process of law and increased the financial power of the Federal government.

Now tell me. Since Obama has seized the money, how much of it do you think will actually find its way into the hands of those working men and women who need it most?

This is only one more example of a lawless Federal government that is drunk with its own power.

Stop being argumentative and open your eyes.

THERE IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG WITH AMERICA TODAY.

gator347

May 7, 2008
Duhh,

Iraq:

Attacked Kuwait.

Brutalized it citizens.

WMDs – They were the only Nation to use them since WWII. Talk to the Kurds & the Iranians about WMDs. And even if there were no WMDs, they had the technology, facilities, know how, and were planning to start the program back up. MANY believe the

They openly harbored terrorists.

Iraq shot rockets at our air craft….

We had the support of Congress. So, now you are a lawyer? It was not illegal.

Afghanistan:

The main reason we are there: Terrorist. And before you get stupid, we all know that most of the terrorists from 9-11 were from Saudi Arabia but where was their bases?

Can you say AFGHANISTAN? Sure , I knew you could.

I don’t like the way this war is being fought. The ROEs are a joke and getting our troops killed. We need to either hit Afghanistan ALL out or get out. I also think we need to let financially stable countries defend themselves. If we do that we will need that Navy you think is a waste. And I think we should strengthen the Coast Guard, Boarder Patrol, Customs…. And pull back around the World.

BUT we had full authority to fight these wars.

And I dare say you know little or nothing about the Military.

This You-Tube is infuriating and we ALL know Helen is Anti-Semitic . There are no Palestinian people. Do your research.

You are a Progressive poser. I thought you were a Theologian? Go back to your basement.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This You-Tube is infuriating and we ALL know Helen is Anti-Semitic .

How do you know this? Do you have proof? It seems that every time someone has criticism of Israel, they are automatically called anti-semitic.
Europe is not like it was 60 years ago.
I have been accused of being anti-semitic but I most certainly am not.

skeptical inquirer

Sep 1, 2010
It makes no difference if there are nuclear weapons in the middle east or not.
The entire discussion is irrelevant and academic.

American involvement there goes far deeper and has greater consequences than the possibility of some weapon system which we are entirely able to counter.

The United States involvement in the middle east is neither just, moral nor legal (by our own law). The Federal government continues to meddle in affairs in which it has no right nor invitation.

1. Unjust - We have invaded two nations who have not attacked us.

2. Immoral - Our government has lied to us about its reasons for the war, using the exploitation of foreign natural resources and domestic federal defense contracts as an excuse to siphon money out of the tax payers pockets into the accounts of international corporations. Further, the Federal government of the United States has employed the tactic of a bogus 'war on terrorism' to limit the liberties of its own citizens and to expand its own powers without consent.

3. Illegal - According to the obsolete US constitution, our government CANNOT make war upon anyone unless a formal declaration has been decreed by an act of congress. The usurpation of power by the executive branch with regard to war began with the inception of the National Security Council in 1947. Since that time we have found ourselves involved in a number of wars, NONE OF WHICH were legal in any sense or definition OF OUR OWN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.

These criminal actions go far beyond anything Mr. Obama has done in his short tenure in the White House. On the other hand, it is virtually certain that he will reverse none of them either.

The continued ursurpation of power by the Federal government limits our liberties, endangers the peace of the community of nations and enriches its client corporations and bankers.

It is the duty of every American citizen to eduate themselves on this modern travesty and act upon it, else our gift to our children and grandchildren will be a nation without liberty and the rule of law.

I have to be honest and say that I agree with the majority of what you say.

Decka

Oct 5, 2010
I have to be honest and say that I agree with the majority of what you say.

As do I. Of course, we can't PROVE that we were lied to, but not finding diddly as far as WMD's doesn't look good, nor does the profit which those making the decision had to gain.

Gator, what's your deal? Why are you so spiteful?