Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG on all three counts.
time for another Bible Lesson . . .

Jesus compared His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
STRIKE ONE.

Still does not support what you are claiming. Your arrogance is too much for me. Have a blessed day and life.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. I am the one who actually showed how the Scripture you cited said NOTHING about what you claimed it did.
Then, perhaps you can point me to the post where you did this??

Yeah, I didn't think so . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still does not support what you are claiming. Your arrogance is too much for me. Have a blessed day and life.

Welcome to my ignore list.
Yup, make idiotic claims - then run.
Nice job . . .

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

No, the verse means what it says, Jesus atoned not just for the apostles sins, nor just for the sins of the “elect” few, but for the WHOLE world.

There isn’t limited atonement, there is limited application of His atonement to only those who believe, repent, and choose to receive Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy and Brakelite

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the point is the apostles taught faith and sacraments not “faith alone” heresy

Yet your church does not teach salvation according to the way Paul told your church in his letter to the Roman church that they, the apostles taught, in Romans 10:8-13.

Why is that?

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto SALVATION.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall CALL upon the name of the Lord shall be SAVED.

Hmm.... that must be why after the RC priest Martin Luther actually read the letter Paul wrote to his church, it resulted in The Reformation.

What was reformed? Not teaching salvation biblically, but instead RC ritual and doctrines that save no one, is one thing that needs reformed.

Last edited:

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and there are many they cannot answer

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism???????????????????????

explain acts 8 then

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

why the same doctrine? Faith and baptism
Why rejoice? Faith and baptism make him a Christian
Member of Christ in the new covenant
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism????
Thans for your question, it is simple to answer. The act of water baptism was a very common religious practice back then, spanning many religions.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thans for your question, it is simple to answer. The act of water baptism was a very common religious practice back then, spanning many religions.

Any evidence?

nobody heard of it till JTB cape preaching the new covenant kingdom and prepared the way of the Lord by baptism

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any evidence?

nobody heard of it till JTB cape preaching the new covenant kingdom and prepared the way of the Lord by baptism
1 Peter 3:20-21 has God showing Noah in the Flood was a specific typology of water baptism. But this is of no interest to you, given your hatred and rejection of Christ.

You have no joy in the gift of Baptism, and you thereby judge yourself.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 3:20-21 has God showing Noah in the Flood was a specific typology of water baptism. But this is of no interest to you, given your hatred and rejection of Christ.

You have no joy in the gift of Baptism, and you thereby judge yourself.

as a type yes but that was unknown to most people

Philip an apostle preached faith and the sacraments not

F A
C A
G A

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was known to all people. The world back then entirely knew of God's Creation, of the Flood to judge sin, and of the need for righteousness before God.

Are you looking for every possible reason to discount the declared Truth if God in Scripture? Yes, you are doing that.

You will not be judged for your sins, but for the rejection of God in your heart. Jesus will say, "Depart from me, I never knew you."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was known to all people. The world back then entirely knew of God's Creation, of the Flood to judge sin, and of the need for righteousness before God.

Are you looking for every possible reason to discount the declared Truth if God in Scripture? Yes, you are doing that.

You will not be judged for your sins, but for the rejection of God in your heart. Jesus will say, "Depart from me, I never knew you."

Rev 2 I know thy works

Revelation 2:23
And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according toyour works.

obtain mercy by mercy Matt 5

charity covers a multitude of sins

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you able to either effectively describe or enact charity, beyond making nothing more than a loose reference to it?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUESTION NO CATHOLIC CAN ANSWER:

How do you justify the atrocities of the Catholic Church for the last 2000 Years?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How do you justify the atrocities of the Catholic Church for the last 2000 Years?
That is correct... It is a question that NO Catholic can or will answer... only justify.... sweep under the carpet... ignore or compare to other "protestant" evil doings. The comparison is not even close.