Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUESTION NO CATHOLIC CAN ANSWER:
How do you justify the atrocities of the Catholic Church for the last 2000 Years?
EASY.
The Catholic church hasn't committed any "atrocities" over the last 2000 years.
Some evil men WITHIN the Church certainly did - but not the Church.

Were there bad Popes or Bishops? Absolutely.
However, if we hold the ENTIRE Catholic Church guilty because of the actions of SOME of its members - then we have to do this for EVERY Protestant denomination as well.

Do you REALLY want to go there? Because I have PLENTY of ammo . . .
That is correct... It is a question that NO Catholic can or will answer... only justify.... sweep under the carpet... ignore or compare to other "protestant" evil doings. The comparison is not even close.
That's precisely what I would expect someone as ignorant and dishonest as YOU to say.
Time for a History Lesson . . .

Let's forget for a moment that according to Protestant author, Philip Jenkins, in his book, Pedophiles and Priests - he lists the staggering statistic that there are FAR MORE pedophiles within Protestant churches than in the Catholic Church.

He goes on to show that the reason the Catholic church was targeted was because of its perceived wealth. Lawyers DROOLED at the prospect of "bankrupting" the Catholic church - while they ignored the problem in the smaller, Protestant churches - especially since many of them had NO insurance to go after.

Then, there are some of the instances of violent and murderous episodes - like . . .

- The 72,000 or so Catholics killed or starved to death by Henry VIII and his equally blood-thirsty daughter, Elizabeth I.

- In 1652 an attempt was made to exterminate the entire Irish Catholic priesthood:
"An Act signed by the Commissioners for the Parliament of England decreed that every Romish priest . . . should be . . . hanged . . . beheaded . . . quartered, his bowels drawn out and burned, and his head fixed on a pole in some public place . . . Finally, scarcely a Catholic prelate was left on the whole island." (92:206, Persecution Laws of Ireland and England (1558-1760 A.D...)

- During this same time -
"the slaughter of the Catholic Irishmen was looked upon as literally the slaughter of wild beasts. Not only men, but even women and children who fell into the hands of the English, were deliberately and systematically butchered. Bands of soldiers traversed great tracts of country, slaying every living thing they met." (127, Persecution Laws of Ireland and England (1558-1760 A.D...))

- Calvinists, stormed a Catholic monastery in Brielle, Holland in 1572 and hanging 19 monks - for the crime of being monks.

Shall I go on - or do you want to recant the idiocy that there is "no comparison" when it comes to the atrocities of your fellow Protestants as compared to those of their Catholic counterparts??

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EASY.
The Catholic church hasn't committed any "atrocities" over the last 2000 years.
Some evil men WITHIN the Church certainly did - but not the Church.

Were there bad Popes or Bishops? Absolutely.
However, if we hold the ENTIRE Catholic Church guilty because of the actions of SOME of its members - then we have to do this for EVERY Protestant denomination as well.

Do you REALLY want to go there? Because I have PLENTY of ammo . . .

That's precisely what I would expect someone as ignorant and dishonest as YOU to say.
Time for a History Lesson . . .

Let's forget for a moment that according to Protestant author, Philip Jenkins, in his book, Pedophiles and Priests - he lists the staggering statistic that there are FAR MORE pedophiles within Protestant churches than in the Catholic Church.

He goes on to show that the reason the Catholic church was targeted was because of its perceived wealth. Lawyers DROOLED at the prospect of "bankrupting" the Catholic church - while they ignored the problem in the smaller, Protestant churches - especially since many of them had NO insurance to go after.

Then, there are some of the instances of violent and murderous episodes - like . . .

- The 72,000 or so Catholics killed or starved to death by Henry VIII and his equally blood-thirsty daughter, Elizabeth I.

- In 1652 an attempt was made to exterminate the entire Irish Catholic priesthood:
"An Act signed by the Commissioners for the Parliament of England decreed that every Romish priest . . . should be . . . hanged . . . beheaded . . . quartered, his bowels drawn out and burned, and his head fixed on a pole in some public place . . . Finally, scarcely a Catholic prelate was left on the whole island." (92:206, Persecution Laws of Ireland and England (1558-1760 A.D...)

- During this same time -
"the slaughter of the Catholic Irishmen was looked upon as literally the slaughter of wild beasts. Not only men, but even women and children who fell into the hands of the English, were deliberately and systematically butchered. Bands of soldiers traversed great tracts of country, slaying every living thing they met." (127, Persecution Laws of Ireland and England (1558-1760 A.D...))

- Calvinists, stormed a Catholic monastery in Brielle, Holland in 1572 and hanging 19 monks - for the crime of being monks.

Shall I go on - or do you want to recant the idiocy that there is "no comparison" when it comes to the atrocities of your fellow Protestants as compared to those of their Catholic counterparts??
You listed no Protestant CHURCHES, only individuals' crimes.

The Catholic Church, its VERY self, is SOLELY responsible for the torture and murder of FIFTY MILLION Bible-believing REAL Christians throughout the many years of the Inquisition.

Good luck topping that by anything any Protestant Churches specifically have ever done in all of history.

And, for the record, I'm not here fighting for Protestant Churches. They are all corrupt today, as it is, due to the influence of the Catholic Church and its reach throughout the world. I'm merely on the side of Truth. Period.

Finally, all of the crimes of ALL of the Catholics throughout the MANY centuries upon children and people WITHIN their very church, were DIRECTLY related to the Catholic Church and its traditions and operations within.

Sorry, but you can't distance the Church from the MILLIONS of perverse Bishops and Priests who were systematically abused and then passed-on that abuse to others for CENTURIES. We don't even have ALL the crimes of the Church in the Light of day yet. Much of what was done BELOW the Church will NEVER come to light.

What is your excuse for the deeds of the Vatican and its worship of demons below the Church? FACT - easily provable and NOT DEBATED.

Don't attack me with your sad insults, attack the information I am presenting.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Catholic Church, its VERY self, is SOLELY responsible for the torture and murder of FIFTY MILLION Bible-believing REAL Christians throughout the many years of the Inquisition.

Good luck topping that by anything any Protestant Churches specifically have ever done in all of history.

And, for the record, I'm not here fighting for Protestant Churches. They are all corrupt today, as it is, due to the influence of the Catholic Church and its reach throughout the world. I'm merely on the side of Truth. Period.

Finally, all of the crimes of ALL of the Catholics throughout the MANY centuries upon children and people WITHIN their very church, were DIRECTLY related to the Catholic Church and its traditions and operations within.

Sorry, but you can't distance the Church from the MILLIONS of perverse Bishops and Priests who were systematically abused and then passed-on that abuse to others for CENTURIES. We don't even have ALL the crimes of the Church in the Light of day yet. Much of what was done BELOW the Church will NEVER come to light.

What is your excuse for the deeds of the Vatican and its worship of demons below the Church? FACT - easily provable and NOT DEBATED.

Don't attack me with your sad insults, attack the information I am presenting.

Hello GENREV,
We have a local college here named Canisius College and, they actually have an Islamic mosque in their basement...the college is Catholic. My nephew goes there.
Tough times are a coming, and fast...
God help us!

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello GENREV,
We have a local college here named Canisius College and, they actually have an Islamic mosque in their basement...the college is Catholic. My nephew goes there.
News to me, but very interesting indeed.

Not shocking though. The Catholic Church has led the charge for Religious Unity which is an abhorrent blasphemy. Especially when you consider that Satanism is an official religion now for the last couple decades or more.

Tough times are a coming, and fast...
God help us!
Oh, I believe they are upon us.

God bless.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absolutely ignorant and historically-bankrupt manure.
Such an ANNNGRY Catholic!
There weren't even 50 million people in ALL of Europe, Einstein.
Einstein, huh? ... I wouldn't go THAT far.
As for your charge that there were "millions of bishops and priests" - that is another LIE.
Thousands, yes - but millions?? You can't be this stupid . . .
How many do you think lived between the 11th Century, when the first RECORDED reports of abuse took place, and today? Thousands doesn't really help your case any.
Finally - your idiotic statement above regarding "demon worship" is laughable - if not so ridiculously stupid.
It is a FACT, that I'm certain you will ignore, that there are paintings and images of satan himself, as well as many other demon-gods, all over the walls in the rooms and hallways beneath the Vatican. That is not even debatable, it is public knowledge. This was also spoken of in Ezekiel 8 and Jeremiah 8 from as far back as 600 B.C. The existence of these murals, alone, down there is enough to conclude the worship of demon-gods by the Vatican, but there is much more that goes on down there than that.
My advice to YOU id to get your nose out of your pile of those moronic Jack Chick tracts and your worn-out copy of Alexander Hislop's schlock-piece, The Two Babylons - and do some REAL homework, Einstein.
Your ignorance is matched ONLY by your incredible dishonesty . . .
Hmmm ... I'm actually a pretty honest individual. Oh and those books and whatever you mention there, never heard of 'em. Well, Jack Chick, but I've never seen one. Guess you're WRONGGG AGAIN!!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope's Exorcist Says the Devil Is In the Vatican
The Rev. Amorth, chief exorcist in the Vatican, says he treated 70,000 cases.

His face serious, the many lines on his face clear, Amorth confesses, "The devil resides in the Vatican."

While admitting that it is hard to prove, he says the consequences of the devil's work are evident: Cardinals who don't believe in Jesus, bishops who are linked with the devil. As early 1972 Pope Paul VI talked about the "smoke of Satan" that hovered in the Vatican, but it is more recent events like the pedophilia scandal the church is confronted with and the grisly murder by a Swiss guard of his commander and wife that Amorth uses as evidence of the devil's presence.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such an ANNNGRY Catholic!
Einstein, huh? ... I wouldn't go THAT far.
How many do you think lived between the 11th Century, when the first RECORDED reports of abuse took place, and today? Thousands doesn't really help your case any.
It is a FACT, that I'm certain you will ignore, that there are paintings and images of satan himself, as well as many other demon-gods, all over the walls in the rooms and hallways beneath the Vatican. That is not even debatable, it is public knowledge. This was also spoken of in Ezekiel 8 and Jeremiah 8 from as far back as 600 B.C. The existence of these murals, alone, down there is enough to conclude the worship of demon-gods by the Vatican, but there is much more that goes on down there than that.
Hmmm ... I'm actually a pretty honest individual. Oh and those books and whatever you mention there, never heard of 'em. Well, Jack Chick, but I've never seen one. Guess you're WRONGGG AGAIN!!
Not "angry" at all - just pointing out YOUR abject ignorance of history.
Making idiotic claims about history - doesn't make them true. I could just as easily invent a litany of moronic lies against Protestantism - but I'm not dishonest.

As for how many priests and Bishops that lived between the 11th century and now that were guilty of abuse - YOUR lie that it was "millions" is just plain stupid. I don't even think an anti-Catholic as angry as John MacArthur would make up such idiocy . . .

And your insistence that paintings within the Vatican walls that include demons compared to your initial accusation of "DEMON WORSHIP" simply highlights your total dishonesty.
don't you have any fear of God, who COMMANDS us NOT to bear false witness (Exod. 20:16)??

Paintings that include images of demons in hell where they belong is NOT "demon worship". Einstein.
Try telling the TRUTH, for a change . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Rev. Amorth, chief exorcist in the Vatican, says he treated 70,000 cases.
Nice try - but your dishonesty precedes you.

The Exorcist was referring to the devil working with those who armed Ali Agca in 1981, who then shot John Paul II. He was also referring to the attack on Christmas Eve night when the crazy woman pushed down Benedict XVI. Then he went on to discuss sin in general.

How's THIS for the Devil being present in Protestant churches?
Ted Haggard and His Wife Talk About the Gay Sex Scandal

Evangelicals ‘worse’ than Catholics on sexual abuse

Evangelical Sex Abuse Record ‘Worse’ Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham’s Grandson

Protestant Churches Grapple With Growing Sexual Abuse Crisis : NPR

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics

There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Catholic priests no guiltier of sex abuse than other clergy

Data Shed Light on Child Sexual Abuse by Protestant Clergy

Blogger Who Exposed Protestant Sex Abuse Cover Up Sued By Her Pastor

Denial About Sexual Abuse In Evangelical Churches

Southern Baptists Apologize For Sex Abuse Coverups

U.S. Protestants’ Views Mixed about Extent of Clergy Sexual Abuse

Churchgoers Split on Existence of More Sexual Abuse by Pastors

Confronting Evangelical Enabling of Sexual Abuse

Child abuse a Calvinist problem, podcast says

The Devil attacks ALL Christians - not just Catholics . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmmm, another LIE - what a surprise . . .

The Head of the Church of England is the King or Queen.
Henry VIII and Elizabeth I were BOTH heads of that church which murdered or starved some 72,000 Catholics.

Do your homework . . .