Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who’s the new Eve?

he actually let this cup pass from me but thy will be done
Can you show me a "new Eve" in the Bible?

And besides . . . Adam wasn't born from Eve. Eve was taken from Adam.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only to Peter matt 16:18 and the apostles Matt 18:18
And their successors acts 1:26

I'm always curious why people don't post the passage instead of just referencing it.

Acts 1:26 KJV
26) And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Where does this passage speak of successors receiving the authority to retain and remit sins? I don't see that here.

Much love!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 1:30 KJV
30) And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

How does this verse show that Mary did not need saving from sin and death?

Much love!

lk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary needed a savior yes but she was saved in advance by being preserved from original sin and all sin By the merits of her son

gen 3:15 enmity total war
None of satans works are found in her
He can never accuse our Lord of being the son of a sinner
Lk 1:28 full of grace
Lk 1:49 immaculate conception
Rev 12:1 queen of heaven clothed with the sun immaculate purity

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and there are many they cannot answer
Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism???????????????????????
explain acts 8 then

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism????
John the Baptist

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary needed a savior yes but she was saved in advance by being preserved from original sin and all sin By the merits of her son
But where is this found in Scripture? The Bible teaches that all fall short of God's glory. There is no man who does not sin. All die because all sin.

Jesus prayed that if there were another way to save us . . . that would have been another way. But apparently humanity doesn't work that way, so Jesus became the firstborn of the new humanity, as the Only Begotten Son of God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

gen 3:15 enmity total war
None of satans works are found in her
He can never accuse our Lord of being the son of a sinner
Lk 1:49 immaculate conception
Rev 12:1 queen of heaven clothed with the sun immaculate purity

Luk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Highly favored, but this passage does not say Mary was sinless, does it? Where?

Luk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
Immaculate conception? Again, where do we see that in this passage?

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
There is nothing here of the "queen of heaven". A woman, crowned with 12 stars. Nothing that says Mary was born without original sin.

There is no Scripture which tells us that Mary was exempt from the state of all humanity.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Where do you see an exception to that very plain statement? All (except Mary) have sinned . . . ? I don't see the occasion to add those words to the text. I think we should read it as-is.

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and there are many they cannot answer

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism???????????????????????

explain acts 8 then

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

why the same doctrine? Faith and baptism
Why rejoice? Faith and baptism make him a Christian
Member of Christ in the new covenant
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism????
Phillip told him of course, thats obvious. What is also obvious is that we do not have a record blow by blow so to speak of their conversation......it's summarised as, preaching Jesus.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
where does the Bible say: scripture interprets scripture
No the church of the apostles wrote the nt scripture, cannonized the whole Bible (not your 66 books) and only the church of the apostles has any authority to interpret scripture

Keys of authority! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

we can only have Jn 8:32 by being instructed Lk 1:4

Willing, eager slave

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me a "new Eve" in the Bible?

And besides . . . Adam wasn't born from Eve. Eve was taken from Adam.

Much love!

logical
If you have a king you must have a queen
If you have an Adam and Eve
And it says there’s a new Adam would you not ask who’s the new Eve?

as was the church the bride from the side of Christ Jn 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm always curious why people don't post the passage instead of just referencing it.

Acts 1:26 KJV
26) And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Where does this passage speak of successors receiving the authority to retain and remit sins? I don't see that here.

Much love!

1) lazy
2) I’ve posted them until I’m blue in the face

God sent Christ and He has authority to send peter and the apostles so they have authority to send successors

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But where is this found in Scripture? The Bible teaches that all fall short of God's glory. There is no man who does not sin. All die because all sin.

Jesus prayed that if there were another way to save us . . . that would have been another way. But apparently humanity doesn't work that way, so Jesus became the firstborn of the new humanity, as the Only Begotten Son of God.

Much love!

gen 3:15 enmity total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Lk 1:49 things plural
Immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun immaculate purity

All have sinned refers to original sin.
And is a generalization and not absolute, does not include Jesus, Mary, children, mental ill or those without the use of reason and free will!

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing in the scripture says the eunuch met JTB
Well, He didn't need to meet John but hear of him from other Jewish peoples, either during previous visits to Jerusalem or from other Jewish travelers.
John the baptist was a prophet according to the Old Covenant, so even sone pharises came out to be baptized by him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Highly favored, but this passage does not say Mary was sinless, does it? Where?

Luk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
Immaculate conception? Again, where do we see that in this passage?

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
There is nothing here of the "queen of heaven". A woman, crowned with 12 stars. Nothing that says Mary was born without original sin.

There is no Scripture which tells us that Mary was exempt from the state of all humanity.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Where do you see an exception to that very plain statement? All (except Mary) have sinned . . . ? I don't see the occasion to add those words to the text. I think we should read it as-is.

Much love!

there’s always matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18
Bind on earth and in heaven
Authority of the apostles

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The church of Christ by the authority of Christ thru the apostles declare it so
Immaculate conception Lk 1:49
Assumption rev 12:1
Mother of God Lk 1:43
Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14