Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
logical
If you have a king you must have a queen
If you have an Adam and Eve
And it says there’s a new Adam would you not ask who’s the new Eve?

as was the church the bride from the side of Christ Jn 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
OK, so let's look at the passages in Scripture that teach Mary as Jesus . . . wife? Isn't that what the queen is? That makes no sense to me.

But regardless, post the Scritpures and let's discuss them.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) lazy
2) I’ve posted them until I’m blue in the face

God sent Christ and He has authority to send peter and the apostles so they have authority to send successors
So you've had enough of that? OK.

But your assertions may carry more weight if they are given in Scripture.

I'd be interested in reading the part that tells us Peter and the others had the power or authority to transfer the authority Jesus gave specifically to them.

Much love!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so let's look at the passages in Scripture that teach Mary as Jesus . . . wife? Isn't that what the queen is? That makes no sense to me.

But regardless, post the Scritpures and let's discuss them.

Much love!

no in the line kings david Solomon etc the mother of the king is queen

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture please. Because I'm not aware of any that say this.

Thanks!

Much love!

for what authority of the apostles?

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

————————-

The obedience of faith!

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

Taught the one true faith revealed by Christ to His apostles! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

We are not commanded to read and make doctrine for ourselves but obey those who God puts in authority.
——————————-

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Only one true church founded by Jesus christ! Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you've had enough of that? OK.

But your assertions may carry more weight if they are given in Scripture.

I'd be interested in reading the part that tells us Peter and the others had the power or authority to transfer the authority Jesus gave specifically to them.

Much love!

Jn 20:21
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

apostles are sent with the same mission power and authority as Christ

logical that Christ had the authority to choose the apostles as His representative successors the apostles would have the same authority
See it for yourself in acts 1 Mathias chosen to succeed judas

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture please?

What I read is that Jesus is our sanctification.

Much love!

there is only one!
One savior
One redeemer
One sacrifice of Christ
It’s all him and his merits

his church and his sacraments

Jn 1:29 lamb of God

Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ theefaith....I suppose it is no use telling you that I see your posts as thoroughly muddled. I see you arguing from the base of justifying your position rather than that of self honesty.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ theefaith....I suppose it is no use telling you that I see your posts as thoroughly muddled. I see you arguing from the base of justifying your position rather than that of self honesty.

I’m sure I’m the only one!
Thank God there is only one fool on here!
Everyone is justifying their position
Take beholds rant against water cults as a prime example: you think he’s not trying (poorly in my estimation) to justify the false doctrine of “faith alone”???

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But here is the kicker . Peter did not say , oh well we have no need to do that anymore .
But he did make sure the man believed with all his heart . cause many go down the old sinner
and just come up the same old man but wet .
Another wonderful example was the house of cornelious . The true spiritual baptism
had fallen on them , for peter and others heard them speak with tongues .
And i still remember peter saying , can any man forbid water that these might be baptized .
So lets just stick to the original pattern . KNOWING full well that ye are saved by Faith in JESUS .
But be hearers and doers of His words , or we deceive ourselves .
It wasn't Peter but Philip who met the Eunuch. :)

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no evidence for such a thing, no one ever heard of baptism till Jtb
Do you think the eunuch was ignorant of all those crowds JTB was baptizing?? I would think he knew all about it and notice when he asked Phillip what would prevent him from being baptized in that small pool, Phillip said: 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
On a side note, how can an infant proclaim belief with all their heart??
Just sayin :)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think the eunuch was ignorant of all those crowds JTB was baptizing?? I would think he knew all about it and notice when he asked Phillip what would prevent him from being baptized in that small pool, Phillip said: 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

yes faith and baptism Mk 16:16

if it is not possible it is not required

acts2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

TO YOUR CHILDREN!

Acts 16:15
And when she was baptized, and her household,

iT does not say except infants!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes faith and baptism Mk 16:16

if it is not possible it is not required

acts2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

TO YOUR CHILDREN!

Acts 16:15
And when she was baptized, and her household,

iT does not say except infants!

"If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest."
Should we just ignore that one? HOW can an infant do this?? Besides, an infant that has not reached the age where they understand what is happening, how is it benefitting them?? It becomes a one sided ritual only. I was baptized Catholic, sure don't remember repenting, or believing anything. Or, is that what "confirmation" is all about perhaps? At least at that age of what, 10- 12 yrs.?...a youngster would understand what is happening and they can confess with their OWN mouth, the Lord Jesus but...no more water baptism. Although, I DID get re-baptized as an adult and understood every single thing spoken, many witnesses also to hear my proclamation of faith in Christ and repentance of my sin.
BTW-does the CC charge money for an infant baptism??

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we just ignore that one? HOW can an infant do this?? Besides, an infant that has not reached the age where they understand what is happening, how is it benefitting them?? It becomes a one sided ritual only. I was baptized Catholic, sure don't remember repenting, or believing anything. Or, is that what "confirmation" is all about perhaps? At least at that age of what, 10- 12 yrs.?...a youngster would understand what is happening and they can confess with their OWN mouth, the Lord Jesus but...no more water baptism. Although, I DID get re-baptized as an adult and understood every single thing spoken, many witnesses also to hear my proclamation of faith in Christ and repentance of my sin.

no there’s no charge for anything
No tithes in the new covenant
Only voluntary offering to support the parish

you cannot get re-baptized eph 4:5

I was also baptized when 16 days old
The sacrament removes original sin and imparts the grace of God
And my parents and godparents (in case something would have happened to my parents) promised to educate me in the faith of Christ and I went to catholic school then when I reached the age of reason I was confirmed in the faith as Christ commanded Peter Lk 22:32

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture please. Because I'm not aware of any that say this.

Thanks!

Much love!

(so-called reformation)

That’s called rebellion not reformation!
No authority to start new churches Matt 16:18 only Christ has this authority
He is the only mediator!

Where is your outrage on this gross attempt to usurp His authority, the authority of him being the only mediator?????????

Where’s the biblical mandate for a reformation
Christ founded the one true church and it cannot be reformed

divine revelation is from God and is immutable cannot be reformed

it is the truth!

what authority did the so-called reformers have?

They admit that they have no authority themselves for they say the Bible is the only authority!

they have no authority to say that the Bible is the only authority, but in saying it they admit freely that they have no authority, only the apostles have authority!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

To admit belief in the reformation is to admit that the Catholic Church is the one true church of Jesus Christ founded on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Again where is the outrage against these interlopers!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE LORD IS OUR HOPE SISTER . ARISE AND PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING .
One thing i have learned . ITS NEVER TOO EARLY , NOR TOO OFTEN , TO PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
SING those praises sister . JESUS is all we need .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me be long dead and stinking in the soil before i ever even consider following ROME .
That sounds harsh to some , but i say it out of great love . WE NEED JESUS and WE have our bibles . IF we are HIS
then we have the SPIRIT . HOUSE CHURCHES are coming back sister . The lambs are hungry for TRUTH , not the precepts of ROME
or any other religion that is contrary to Christ . FEAST On that bible sister . THE LORD IS GOOD . AND to HE we owe all .
AND its a JOY to serve THE LORD who has saved us . HANDS UP SISTER . ITS PRAISING TIME .