Question on Jesus' Ministry timing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

Many have written about the second coming of Christ in our near future, and they believe that they will be rewarded by a "rature" thingy, that spirits them up to heaven or as one member believes, the promised land, after which they will begin to rule with Christ during the 1,000 years of the "5 beasts, Satan, and the Kings of the earth and their armies assembled at Armageddon" being locked up in the Bottomless Pit. These lowly servants of Christ dream for power to lord it over the people of the earth to make things right "god's way," but the reality will be that they are the servants of Satan while he is away for a period of time, i.e. 1,000 years, before he returns to claim that he is now a deity that the people of the earth should worship on the pain of death if they do not. Both Luke 19 and Matt 25 confirm this understanding.

It is my understanding that Christ is coming down to the earth at the time the armies of the kings, and the kings of the earth are judged at Armageddon, along with the Hosts of Heaven and they will be collected together on the earth to be imprisoned for many days in the pit to await their time of punishment in the Lake of Fire. Isa 24:21-22. This visitation of Christ will be a fleeting visitation to the face of the earth before He returns to Heaven where He will establish a Priesthood from among the martyred saints who have lost their Heads for His sake. At this time of the completion of the time of the Heathens trampling the sanctuary of God in Jerusalem and his earthly hosts, God will Gather the Nation of Israel to Himself to redeem then/save them. Rom 11:25-26. During the redemption process of the Nation of Israel, God will make like new again the same covenant that He had made with the Nation of Israel at Mt Sinai, but which they rebelled against by forcing Aaron to make for them the idols of calves to worship instead of the God revealed to them at Mt Sinai.

Christ's next earthly visitation will be to capture, firstly the beast and the false prophet and to dispatch them into the lake of fire, after which time he will set out against Satan to capture him and to then dispatch Satan into the lake of fire, before he returns to Heaven so that He can come on the Clouds with all of the Heavenly Hosts. Christ's coming on the Clouds with all of the heavenly hosts does not happen until the end of the Millennium Age, around 1,050 solar years into our distant future.

In the Matt 24:32 parable of the Lesson of the Fig tree, Christ clearly suggests that there will be a period of 91 plus years between when the Fig Tree, i.e. Israel, will once again begin to sprout new leaf buds and start of the summer harvest season during the first 1,000 years of the Millennium Age, after which, the Bottomless Pit will be unlocked and all the people and heavenly hosts will rise up out of the Bottomless Pit to install Satan as the new King/Deity of the earth. However we know from the Book of Revelation that Satan's plan to become a replacement deity will fail and that his claim that the Second Death made in the Garden to Eve is not real, will become very real for him and the other hosts of heaven who had also rebelled against God.

Luke 14 tells us that Israel will see Jesus judging the nation of the earth near Jerusalem and that they will send a delegation to the King of that army and they will seek His terms of Peace.

People are seeking not to go through the tribulations that must happen, presently, Jacob's troubles, as well as the Great Tribulation that will occur after the Bottomless pit is unlocked a little over 1,000 years into our future.

Christ's first advent, was to come down to the earth to put in place the revamped redemption process for all of mankind.

Christ's second Advent, is to come down to the earth to Judge how well the revamped redemption process worked for all of mankind with their acceptance of its terms.

Perhaps all of our understanding needs to be re-evaluated and we need to accept God's latest redemption plan for all of mankind, and bow our heads in acceptance.

Shalom

PS: Edited to correct a scriptural reference.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, you may not scoff. I won't tell you to do something that God hates. Psalms 1:1

The number 7 in the writing of the Bible is God's signature. That is why these are not just God's thoughts put in man's words, but every letter and even space between the letters are written by God.
ok, no scoffing allowed.
But, still, number 7 and spaces between words, seriously?
Since when did such man-made conventions have any edifying aspect to God's Word?
It is the wisdom in the Bible, that testifies to the signature of God upon it. Not the language, version or alleged author (Barnabas). And especially, not the spaces between the letters, consider the majuscule and uncial manuscripts.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, no scoffing allowed.
But, still, number 7 and spaces between words, seriously?
Since when did such man-made conventions have any edifying aspect to God's Word?
It is the wisdom in the Bible, that testifies to the signature of God upon it. Not the language, version or alleged author (Barnabas). And especially, not the spaces between the letters, consider the majuscule and uncial manuscripts.

Seriously! Have you ever heard of Dr. Ivan Panin? He discovered the 7's in the Bible by counting letters. What he discovered is almost mathematically impossible. It would take more than all the computers in the world to do what God has done. ONLY God could have written the Bible with this perfect anomaly.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Seriously! Have you ever heard of Dr. Ivan Panin? He discovered the 7's in the Bible by counting letters. What he discovered is almost mathematically impossible. It would take more than all the computers in the world to do what God has done. ONLY God could have written the Bible with this perfect anomaly.
Way too unspiritual for me, especially considering that there is no one definitive Hebrew or Greek Text. Hebraic Stuttgardensia, UBS or Nestle-Aland get updated periodically that, again, there is no standardized archetype to even begin a numeric analysis. The amount of words and positioning will vary from version to version.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always assumed that Jesus was 30 years old when He was baptized to start His ministry, and that He ministered for 3 years. Does anyone know off hand where this is verified in the gospels?

Hi CL,

According to my best understanding, the "commentators" are lazy and therefore UNRELIABLE for even the most simple Scriptural concepts. And even the "chronologists" apparently have made assumptions which don't seem to withstand any scrutiny. But there is ONE Chronologist which by all evidence appears to have consolidated all the available evidence and arrived at what I believe to be the CORRECT assessment of Jesus' birth through death. His name is Kenneth F. Doig:

New Testament Chronology - Exact Dating of the Birth and Crucifixion of Jesus

New Testament Chronology
By Kenneth Frank Doig

Following is New Testament Chronology, (Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press, 1990), 401 pages, by Kenneth Frank Doig. This book proposes that the calendar of Scripture includes a year that began in the Spring and a day that began at sunrise. This calendar was in use at the Temple in Jerusalem when Jesus taught. Reckoning by this calendar leads to the conclusion that Jesus was born about Dec 25, 5 BC (Hanukah) and was crucified on Friday, April 7, 30 AD after a ministry of 2 years and about 3 months.

The list price is $129.95. (Publisher raised price in May 2002) This book is now online free by the writer. Click on the underlined chapters below.

I haven't seen it's equal.

And paradoxically, some might find it a "coincidence" that from Resurrection Sunday to December 25 "match" the 9 month gestation. But that's not his book. It's simply a personal observation ...
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one knows of when Christ's return will be, first of all. ...

The DAY or the HOUR. DAY OR HOUR!

Scripture GIVES us the YEAR and the Feasts give us the WEEK. But when no one listens, no one hears ...
Bobby Jo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The DAY or the HOUR. DAY OR HOUR!

Scripture GIVES us the YEAR and the Feasts give us the WEEK. But when no one listens, no one hears ...
Bobby Jo
Oh no, not you again.
Christ's discretion was not based on the week, as opposed to the day or hour. He would never make such an incidental and marginal point in the manner that he did. He was talking about the thief in the night, a total oblivion as to when trouble and disaster would befall the unsuspecting. Yes, the elect are aware and not in the dark as far as recognizing the times and eras, but it is not their prerogative to know what God has decided to not disclose. It's all part of the faith and obedience required in accepting His sovereignty.

If God says that Christ is coming back, than just accept it without asking when, irrespective of what is happening around us - peace or tribulation.
This, is the pinnacle of faith.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no, not ...

... Scripture again.

I can understand your disdain for Scripture that doesn't match your convoluted FALSE doctrines. And given the choice between believing YOU or believing SCRIPTURE, -- I choose YOU! Yeah, not.

Whew,
Bobby Jo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
... Scripture again.

I can understand your disdain for Scripture that doesn't match your convoluted FALSE doctrines. And given the choice between believing YOU or believing SCRIPTURE, -- I choose YOU! Yeah, not.

Whew,
Bobby Jo
ok, Mr. conspiracy theorist.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have always assumed that Jesus was 30 years old when He was baptized to start His ministry, and that He ministered for 3 years. Does anyone know off hand where this is verified in the gospels?[/QUOTE

Have you considered Daniel 9:24-27? They will give you your answers.
Do you know how to interpret these texts?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Way too unspiritual for me, especially considering that there is no one definitive Hebrew or Greek Text. Hebraic Stuttgardensia, UBS or Nestle-Aland get updated periodically that, again, there is no standardized archetype to even begin a numeric analysis. The amount of words and positioning will vary from version to version.

Interesting that you believe it is unspiritual, while I am in awe spiritually.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interesting that you believe it is unspiritual, while I am in awe spiritually.
The implications are attempting to be spiritual, but the methodology is far from it. Therefore, since the first part requires nothing more than a calculator, I entirely reject any conclusion that can allegedly be derived from this process.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you considered Daniel 9:24-27? They will give you your answers.
Do you know how to interpret these texts?

Misinformation/disinformation, -- same result. These verses don't apply to Jesus, never have and never will. They belong to the "end times", -- or possibly the angel lied in 12:4 & 9 ...

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Matt 25:32 parable of the Lesson of the Fig tree, Christ clearly suggests that there will be a period of 91 plus years between when the Fig Tree, i.e. Israel, ...

91 years? Really? 91. -- Yeah, not.

Smells like more JW lies to me,
Bobby Jo

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The implications are attempting to be spiritual, but the methodology is far from it. Therefore, since the first part requires nothing more than a calculator, I entirely reject any conclusion that can allegedly be derived from this process.

You haven't a clue. Do you honestly think I would be in awe over a calculator?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't a clue. Do you honestly think I would be in awe over a calculator?

Statistics are part of any assessment, whether societal or Scriptural. To deny "math" is to deny GOD. If you deny nature, physics, astronomy, science, engineering, compassion, conscience, and more, -- you deny GOD.

GOD is the creator of all we know and that which we still don't know.
Bobby Jo

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
I have always assumed that Jesus was 30 years old when He was baptized to start His ministry, and that He ministered for 3 years. Does anyone know off hand where this is verified in the gospels?

Num 4:47 From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old, every one that came to do the service of the ministry,

Reactions: DNB

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Num 4:47 From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old, every one that came to do the service of the ministry,
Perhaps you could answer CL's question, -- or you have no clue but blather none the less, or all the more ...

Bobby Jo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, since the anti-messiah is an imposter from the devil, is it possible that his ministry will be begin in 2026 AD and last 3 1/2 years to 2030 AD? That would be exactly 2000 years since the ministry of the real Messiah, completing the 6000 years of the reign of men, under the influence of satan, on earth? And for the record, I do believe that Emmanuel Macron of France is this false messiah, so he's on the scene now to fulfill all that is written. Food for thought.
Oh brother....