Question on Jesus' Ministry timing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you may not scoff. I won't tell you to do something that God hates. Psalms 1:1

The number 7 in the writing of the Bible is God's signature. That is why these are not just God's thoughts put in man's words, but every letter and even space between the letters are written by God.
The nubmer 7 is God's signature? How do you figure that one?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have scoffed too at one time, so I don't blame you. But not anymore. No siree! LOL

For the first 30 years of my being raised in church, I never had even one prayer answered. But then like Saul (Paul) on the Road to Damascus, I had a powerful unexpected religious experience on the night of February 9, 1977. Now, not only do I have all but two of the abilities of the Spirit, but all my prayers are answered. Many in the Church are still like I was for those first 30 years without the Spirit, and simply cannot relate, so scoff.
Sounds boastful, and I seriously doubt the truth of this.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh brother....

You defame those who are TRYING to see through the glass darkly, but are content with YOURSELF NOT EVEN TRYING TO SEE.

So who's more blind?!?
Bobby Jo

To All,
... and for anyone interested, I would would propose that virtually EVERYTHING that @07-07-07 said (some 7 specifics) is absolutely FALSE. Scripture provides specifics as to the events, participants, and timing, -- but it takes effort to arrive to those clues. And it's easier to simply guess than to be informed ...

Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
91 years? Really? 91. -- Yeah, not.

Smells like more JW lies to me,
Bobby Jo

Sorry Bobby Jo, but your post has no substance to it as is usually the case with your supposed rebuttals.

If as you say, the expressed view is wrong then post your rebuttal with scriptural facts to back it up, and not with slander.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You haven't a clue. Do you honestly think I would be in awe over a calculator?

Well, apparently numbers do mystify you, so yes, I think that the entire approach is misguided?
God's wisdom supersedes all other so-called wisdom and religions. This is the most compelling factor of Judeo-Christianity.
Does not Islam make the same profession about the mystical balance of words in the Quran? I heard Shabir Ally cite them in a debate, in order to justify the God-given inspiration of the Koran.
If true, what a disgraceful way to present the Bible to a potential convert, arguing over word numbers and sentence structure, as opposed to the Word itself.
Do you think Paul or Peter were aware of this enigma?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Num 4:47 From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old, every one that came to do the service of the ministry,
Good observation, I would expect that to have a valid impact on his service.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They were the first I checked.
Considering the Angel gives Daniel a time to start the 70 year prophecy ie, the going forth of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem you can do the calculus.
Cyrus gave his decree in 538 BC. Using the year for a day principle of interpretation it can be determined which year Jesus died, (31AD)... (in the midst of the week he will be cut off)...... even the month and the day can be determined.

Now that you have confirmed the time of his death, you can couple it with Matthew's 'about 30 years old' and work back to determine his year of birth.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Misinformation/disinformation, -- same result. These verses don't apply to Jesus, never have and never will. They belong to the "end times", -- or possibly the angel lied in 12:4 & 9 ...

Whew,
Bobby Jo
Your leaning on Jesuit misinformation to shore up their principle of interpretation does not snow the people of God Bobby Jo.
If you cannot understand Daniel 9 you have no hope at all of understanding the book of Revelation. Self honesty will acknowledge that....lack of it leaves you in a darker place than you imagine.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... post your rebuttal with scriptural facts to back it up, and not with slander.

@Jay Ross
... In the Matt 25:32 parable of the Lesson of the Fig tree, Christ clearly suggests that there will be a period of 91 plus years between when the Fig Tree, i.e. Israel, ...

Matt. 25:32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.

Hmmm, nothing in Matthew 25, ... let's try Matthew 24:

32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

Well, I guess it's still a mystery because I don't find ANY "period of 91 plus" specified or implied. So did you want me to disprove a ?LIE?
Afterall, YOU'RE the one who stated that there are FIVE KINGDOMS in Dan. Chapt. 2, but refused to explain Dan. Chapt. 7 FOUR KINGDOMS, -- which is another ?LIE?.

Bobby Jo

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... If you cannot understand Daniel 9 you have no hope at all of understanding the book of Revelation. ...

That's crazy talk. Certainly if you don't understand the OTHER Chapters of Daniel, you have no hope of understanding the Book of Revelation. That's why Walvoord titled his book: "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation".

Dan. 9 has NOTHING to do with Revelation, except that the "destroyer" "shall come" after the seventieth week.

Foolish doctrines occur when you don't know what you're talking about.
Bobby Jo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's crazy talk. Certainly if you don't understand the OTHER Chapters of Daniel, you have no hope of understanding the Book of Revelation. That's why Walvoord titled his book: "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation".

Dan. 9 has NOTHING to do with Revelation, except that the "destroyer" "shall come" after the seventieth week.

Foolish doctrines occur when you don't know what you're talking about.
Bobby Jo
I will leave you to your misapprehension then.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds boastful, and I seriously doubt the truth of this.

You would think that, DT, but I boast in the Lord. I boast about God's Word being true and written entirely by God. Even to the fact that God answers all the prayers of those who have His Spirit and through whom are able to keep His commandments. So you may ignorantly and spitefully think I'm boasting, but I think you are envious.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, apparently numbers do mystify you, so yes, I think that the entire approach is misguided?
God's wisdom supersedes all other so-called wisdom and religions. This is the most compelling factor of Judeo-Christianity.
Does not Islam make the same profession about the mystical balance of words in the Quran? I heard Shabir Ally cite them in a debate, in order to justify the God-given inspiration of the Koran.
If true, what a disgraceful way to present the Bible to a potential convert, arguing over word numbers and sentence structure, as opposed to the Word itself.
Do you think Paul or Peter were aware of this enigma?

I know nothing about Islamic writings.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will leave you to your misapprehension then.

The only thing that "left" is your ignorance and apparent intentional misrepresentations/distortions of the TRUTH. And there only ONE source for that ...

We all choose,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is this verse? I think you are mixing two verses to say something else.

There is no such "verse" or conveyance. It simply says that after the sixty-two designations of time an anointed one shall be cut off, -- and it doesn't say "UPON". So it could be some number of days, weeks, months, and even YEARS until the anointed one is cut off.

And if fact, it was approximately two years and two months AFTER the end of the sixty-two durations.

Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jay Ross
... In the Matt 25:32 parable of the Lesson of the Fig tree, Christ clearly suggests that there will be a period of 91 plus years between when the Fig Tree, i.e. Israel, ...

Matt. 25:32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.

Hmmm, nothing in Matthew 25, ... let's try Matthew 24:

32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
First off, thank you for pointing out a wrong scriptural reference, but the sarcasm and smearing you indulged in was not necessary.

Well, I guess it's still a mystery because I don't find ANY "period of 91 plus" specified or implied. So did you want me to disprove a ?LIE?

There is an implied period of time in the verse that I had referenced and it is not hidden to those who can see the connection. Verse 33 is not connected to the lesson of the Fig Tree Parable, but is an indication that when we see the fig tree that was dead and is now budding, during our time period, then when we see these things, you know that the last age, i.e. the Millennium Age, is about to start.

Now the implied time frame is given by stating that the start of the time period from when the Fig Tree beings to bud until the beginning of the Summer Season of Harvest is a period of time that can be calculated and observed. Now the average period of the Spring season is around 91 days, i.e. 4 season in a year equated to around four 91 day periods for each of the four yearly seasons.

After all, YOU'RE the one who stated that there are FIVE KINGDOMS in Dan. Chapt. 2, but refused to explain Dan. Chapt. 7 FOUR KINGDOMS, -- which is another ?LIE?.
A discussion that should be had in a new thread, but suffice to say that Rev 13:11 confirms that the little horn mentioned in Daniel 7:8, 24-25 is the fifth beast that is visible in Daniel 7, and I thank you for pointing this out even though you believe that their is still only four beasts mentioned in Daniel 7.

@Jay Ross asserts his authority and proficiency, until challenged, and then blames others for not finding his so-called-truths. Maybe we can only find his ?LIES?

Despite @Jay Ross ' "JW" denials, he spouts "JW" FALSE theology, with all the associated failures and prevarications. And it's always some else's fault. -- Yeah, typical "JW".
Bobby Jo

And you again being your slander of the person by claiming that, I am presenting JW theology but on checking this link: -https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/jesus/final-ministry/tells-apostles-sign/ I found the following presented as the understanding of the JW's: -

How, though, would Jesus’ disciples who are living during this foretold period be able to determine the nearness of the end? Jesus gives an illustration about a fig tree: “Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near. Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen.”—Matthew 24:32-34.

Thus, when his disciples see the many different features of the sign being fulfilled, they should realize that the end is near. Admonishing the disciples who will be alive during that momentous period, Jesus says:

“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.” (Matthew 24:36-39) The event that Jesus uses as a parallel—the historic Flood of Noah’s day—had a global impact.

Now, in my above post, I only focused on Matt 24:32 and included no other verses to support what I had posted. Neither do I agree with the translation that they quoted on that sight with respect to the Matt 24:32-34 passage.

Now Bobby Jo you can either come clean and own your own lies, or continue lying by claiming that others are lying in what they present.

You are a "bully" trying to shut down what you do not accept and is contrary to your accepted "truth," with your lies and slander of the person.

You are a faithful servant of your father of lies.

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would think that, DT, but I boast in the Lord. I boast about God's Word being true and written entirely by God. Even to the fact that God answers all the prayers of those who have His Spirit and through whom are able to keep His commandments. So you may ignorantly and spitefully think I'm boasting, but I think you are envious.
No I think you are a nutcase if you want me to be honest.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where is this verse? I think you are mixing two verses to say something else.
It's in Daniel 9:26. Not mixing verses.....it's referring to the death of the Messiah 31AD. You will see that the time frames fit perfectly.