Question on Jesus' Ministry timing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's in Daniel 9:26. Not mixing verses.....it's referring to the death of the Messiah 31AD. You will see that the time frames fit perfectly.

You said is says, (in the midst of the week he will be cut off)

But it actually says:

Even in troublesome times. 26 “And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, do you think that Peter & Paul would subscribe to, or endorse, Dr Ivan Panin's findings?

If they saw them I'm sure they would be in as much awe as I am. Neither were scoffers.

BTW, did you watch the videos?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

NEWS FLASH: The "season" is when Israel becomes a Nation State. -- Your mathematical gymnastics are foolish.

Secondly, regarding the Book of Daniel, either YOU or the ANGEL are liars. The ANGEL says the prophecies are for when we travel some 60 to 600mph; and when knowledge is LITERALLY at our fingertips. -- NOT some early 1900's, and certainly NOT BEFORE, -- including the ludicrous ~483BC purported start of the "seventy durations".

But what is nonsense, except the foundation of IGNORANCE?!?
Bobby Jo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If they saw them I'm sure they would be in as much awe as I am. Neither were scoffers.

BTW, did you watch the videos?
Well, my point was that they were the ones that wrote part of what Panin analysed. My question is, would Paul agree of the alleged symmetry , and numeric symbology, of what he wrote. He would know, wouldn't he?

...no, sorry, I can't stop laughing & scoffing enough in order to be able to watch the video, seriously.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
NEWS FLASH: The "season" is when Israel becomes a Nation State. -- Your mathematical gymnastics are foolish.

<snip>

But what is nonsense, except the foundation of IGNORANCE?!?
Bobby Jo

And you Bobby know all about being in that state all of the time.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...no, sorry, I can't stop laughing & scoffing enough in order to be able to watch the video, seriously.

Well good, glad to hear it. I thought that after watching the video you still couldn't see the truth of it, but now that I know you foolishly and arrogantly didn't watch it you're just ignorant of the facts.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said is says, (in the midst of the week he will be cut off)

But it actually says:

Even in troublesome times. 26 “And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
My mistake...apologies re mixing verses. I also made an error in the date of 538 BC. It should have been 457 BC
For clarification, vs 27 defines vs 26 re the cutting off of the Messiah but not for himself by stating 'in the middle of the week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering'.
The point being that at a certain time in the 70 week time prophecy the Messiah was to die for others, (cut off but not for himself) ie, halfway through the last week or last literal 7 year period which is what occurred. For 3.5 years Jesus pursued his ministry till his crucifixion. For the next 3.5 years the gospel went exclusively to the Jews. The end of this period was marked by the stoning of Stephen in AD34. Thus the prophecy in Daniel was fulfilled. The time the angel said was given to Israel as a nation as God's people. From there on the Gospel went to the Gentiles.

The below chart lays out the 70 week prophecy as part of the longer 2300 day period given in Daniel 8:14

Attachments

• 2300 Day Prophecy.jpg
    2300 Day Prophecy.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 0

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well good, glad to hear it. I thought that after watching the video you still couldn't see the truth of it, but now that I know you foolishly and arrogantly didn't watch it you're just ignorant of the facts.
No, I prudently recognized deception when I saw it, and chose to avoid it at any cost.

CL, you're making very bizarre assertions, you know? Claiming that you had a Damascus experience, claiming that all your prayers are now answered, ever since Jesus 'knocked you off your horse'. And now, you're looking for wisdom, edification and proof of the inspiration of the Bible, through this extraneous numerology?

CL, I'm very serious right now, are you seeing a very radical pattern to your understanding at this point?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mistake...apologies re mixing verses. I also made an error in the date of 538 BC. It should have been 457 BC
For clarification, vs 27 defines vs 26 re the cutting off of the Messiah but not for himself by stating 'in the middle of the week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering'.
The point being that at a certain time in the 70 week time prophecy the Messiah was to die for others, (cut off but not for himself) ie, halfway through the last week or last literal 7 year period which is what occurred. For 3.5 years Jesus pursued his ministry till his crucifixion. For the next 3.5 years the gospel went exclusively to the Jews. The end of this period was marked by the stoning of Stephen in AD34. Thus the prophecy in Daniel was fulfilled. The time the angel said was given to Israel as a nation as God's people. From there on the Gospel went to the Gentiles.

The below chart lays out the 70 week prophecy as part of the longer 2300 day period given in Daniel 8:14

What is the significance of the stoning of Stephen in 34 or 36 AD? How is that event described in prophecy?

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I prudently recognized deception when I saw it, and chose to avoid it at any cost.

CL, you're making very bizarre assertions, you know? Claiming that you had a Damascus experience, claiming that all your prayers are now answered, ever since Jesus 'knocked you off your horse'. And now, you're looking for wisdom, edification and proof of the inspiration of the Bible, through this extraneous numerology?

CL, I'm very serious right now, are you seeing a very radical pattern to your understanding at this point?

The difference is you are too bored and apathetic to want to seek all the knowledge you can about God. I will always seek and hunger and thirst after righteousness. I'll never stop learning.

Question: Are you a Cessationist? Do you know what that is?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mistake...apologies re mixing verses.
I appreciate your acknowledgement. :) It's a start toward integrity!

... in the 70 week time prophecy ...

You assume the seventy are sevens, but they're not. Per Young, Keil, & Kliefoth (per Walvoord) the diction is NOT in the usual Concise Feminine Gender text, -- it's in the unusual INCONCISE Masculine Gender text, which is ONLY found in the 9th Chapter of Daniel, and nowhere else in Scripture. (I tell people it's analogous to going for a ride in a "cool car", where the invited grabs his hat, coat, scarf, & gloves. -- It's not a concise depressed thermal gradient. It's the inconcise "slang".)

So the FIRST thing we know is that the 70 ≠ 490. And of course, 9:2 says "years" and that we can find the confirmation "in the books" -- which is NOT the Book of Jeremiah, but instead using the "perceived" Solomon Wisdom (1 Kings 3) the validation is in the Prophetic Psalms, -- all in compliance with the angel's instructions in 12:4 & 9.

And although you DID acknowledge one mistake, I don't think you're up to correcting your "70 week" mistake.
Bobby Jo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The difference is you are too bored and apathetic to want to seek all the knowledge you can about God. I will always seek and hunger and thirst after righteousness. I'll never stop learning.

Question: Are you a Cessationist? Do you know what that is?
Unfortunately, I do know what a Cessationist is, btw, typically a Reformed tenet, I believe.
No, I'm a continuist, for the sake of argument. I believe in the present day gift and activity of the Holy Spirit, in believers. But the problem is, it is only the credulous, pretentious, frivolous and arrogant, that always claim to have its bestowal upon them. And then, nothing but unscriptural nonsense proceeds from their mouth, all in the name of this charismatic gift.
Seriously CL, you're being extremely loose with God's Word, and His power. You cannot argue with this non-sequitor, that just because the gift is available, that it means that you have the faith and humility in order to receive it.
One does not necessitate the other. And, I strongly believe, by the evidence before me, that you do not have this very special, and very powerful gift. ...nor do I, or anyone else that I've heard on this, or any other, Forum, despite their boastful and deluded claims.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are many gifts. What specifically are you referring to that you don't have, and don't believe I do either?
Gift of the Holy Spirit in general, or any of its manifestations i.e. supernatural power or revelatory insight.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, the evidence proves otherwise, ...despite its availability.

Well, I guess you would know if you show no evidence. Why don't you repent so you can have the gift of the Holy Spirit? Do you just love darkness too much?

Last edited:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No, you may not scoff. I won't tell you to do something that God hates. Psalms 1:1

The number 7 in the writing of the Bible is God's signature. That is why these are not just God's thoughts put in man's words, but every letter and even space between the letters are written by God.
If we examine the Bible carefully, we know when Jesus was born, because it was at the same time Augustus Caesar imposed a census on the Roman Empire, and Joseph and Mary travelled to Bethlehem where Jesus was born. We can calculate that date to within a year or two, by combining who were the rulers of the different parts of Israel also at that time.

Then, we know the exact date when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday around a week before His crucifixion. We can get that date from Daniel's prophecy about the seven weeks of days (I think). Dave Hunt analyses it in his teaching on Prophecy and calculates the date of Palm Sunday exactly. He also can state the exact date of the prophecy concerning the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem. From what I can remember, the birth of Jesus was in the winter 5/4 B.C, the death of Herod the Great being 4 B.C. The birth of Jesus was during the reign of Herod the Great, because he was the one who had the innocents in Bethlehem killed in the hope of killing the Messiah in the process.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I guess you would know if you show no evidence. Why don't you repent so you can have the gift of the Holy Spirit? Do you just love darkness too much?
No, I revere God too much, that I won't dare belittle and defame His power with feeble and dubious attestations.