Question - Standing before God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We give account even now. "Soon"...even then.
nice. ya, it is written as some "future" judgement, for a good reason, but at some point we realize that the "future" is when some thing we or someone else has done will come to light, and be judged. Of course at that point then will be now

Understand I AM

Reactions: ScottA

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
literally "looking upon the face of God" as in with your own two eyes, like Moses, Elijah and his 24 elders are in fact currently doing now, in heaven.
hmm
Experiencing the presence of God in the spirit is one thing, but actually seeing God in all his glory in heaven is another thing entirely.
double hmm

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is today imo, always today, won't ever not be today.

The Jews are still quite the stiff necked people, so they will have to learn their lesson the hard way, and when speaking of the Great Tribulation, its going to be a very, very hard lesson.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Jews are still quite the stiff necked people, so they will have to learn their lesson the hard way
i'm guessing being made vassals of the Empire will suffice, for now lol. I am noting quite a backlash in the Jewish youth in Israel, them even standing against apartheid now, getting arrested for it, etc. There is a flower/hippy movement in Israel right now among them, they are in the 1960's so to speak, although the MSM will never report on it of course. We never hear about the rampant rape culture there, either, the proverbial Nixons running the country being vicariously represented, imo. Jewish men usually do not rape Gentile women, seen as inferior. Of course we are perceived the same way that Muslims are, by most Jews, at least those of Bibi's generation; they quite often refuse to acknowledge my existence, even; and those display an open fear of Christians mingling with their children. As well they should imo.

of course there are still Jews, even OG ones, that think nothing of babysitting a Muslim kid, or vice-versa, too.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, just as it was for those under the Inquisition, or for the Vietnamese or the Koreans under us, or, orororor. There is nothing new under the sun.

Well, it will be a different head case, since they will believe Apollyon to be their long awaited messiah.......and hot damn are they going to regret it. As Jesus Christ said, his ferocity will end up having the Jews running for the hills...HAHA. :)

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for your concern.
you might insert "Father" in there next time, and note how uncomfortable it is/might be, at first anyway...
I have used Father many times, but not as often as God, out of upbringing. By the way, I have forgiven my flesh father for he lost the plot whenever he got drunk.
...you could confess your moments of pride/etc to those actually offended, although in practice this is often...impractical, and i guess rebound will be appreciated anyway. I'm noting in those situations that the subject usually rolls around again with the same players, and these can be opportunities for confession, something as simple as "last time this came up i said something ignorant to Nancy, but i realize now that ______." Of course i usually only realize this in bed that night, later lol.
I am a recovered alcoholic and drug addict, it will be 30 years next May. I follow the 12 step program of AA. I have done steps 8 and 9 several times, and step 10 on a daily bases. My amends are usually are made on the spot, others times I make a phone call, or make amends when I see that person again. Often they think I am crazy, because these days my amends are basically about giving wrong information, though at the time I thought I was right, then found out later I was wrong. So I apologize if I may have mislead them (become a stumbling block for them). I do try to live a truth-filled life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Thanks for your concern.
i know, huh? how to reveal this without sounding judgemental though lol
I have used Father many times, but not as often as God, out of upbringing.
ya, i am equally cursed by traditions i guess
By the way, I have forgiven my flesh father for he lost the plot whenever he got drunk.
wish i could say the same; i am still mostly faking that myself
I am a recovered alcoholic and drug addict, it will be 30 years next May. I follow the 12 step program of AA. I have done steps 8 and 9 several times, and step 10 on a daily bases. My amends are usually are made on the spot, others times I make a phone call, or make amends when I see that person again. Often they think I am crazy, because these days my amends are basically about giving wrong information, though at the time I thought I was right, then found out later I was wrong. So I apologize if I may have mislead them (become a stumbling block for them). I do try to live a truth-filled life.
ya, wouldn't surprise me if you have a better grasp of the concept than i do; words are a poor sub for experience. 12 step got burdensome for me really fast, i ended up in Rational Recovery. But imo the 12 steps should be taught in like middle school anyway.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen, great testimony, thank you for sharing it with us. May God bless you and keep filling you.
Going back to the mention of Father that bbyrd009 used.
For me it was 'one of those' experiences and mile stone moment..when I 'saw' Him as Father and not only God. I too had been brought up with God, but no one mention the Father heart. I prayed many months that God would show me His Father side and heart. Then one morning I woke up..and bam there it was I could understand.
I drive my natural brother nuts when I say to him..." Well, when I am stress, disappointed, or feeling 'dry'. I don't pray, I don't even worship...I just crawl up into Father lap , get quite and let His love flow into me." My brother, although a Christian, doesn't not 'get' that.

I guess that this is the kind of revelation or "God moment" that @101G was asking for...whoops, maybe should have posted it there! :) @ Spiritual Eye to discern

Blessings...Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29

Amen indeed.
Malachi 3
"And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness."

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, by "standing before God", I thought you meant literally "looking upon the face of God" as in with your own two eyes, like Moses, Elijah and his 24 elders are in fact currently doing now, in heaven. Experiencing the presence of God in the spirit is one thing, but actually seeing God in all his glory in heaven is another thing entirely. This is why they are the only ones that can be called true witnesses (not counting Ezekiel who also saw God in all his glory in the form of a vision), who will set the record straight when the time comes, and ruin the anti-Christs parade. This is why I call them the party crashes, because that's exactly whats going to happen.........HA!!!!!:D
No i meant what I said, caught up in the spirit and standing before God, it is possible and it does happen, because of Jesus.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ex 33 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle."

What a wonderful 'hearing ear' Moses had, he hard God clearly, clear enough to write it all down. Joshua, being mentored by Moses..chose not to go back "into the camp" but stand quietly before the Lord in the tabernacle. ( which has no chairs) Later Joshua too could hear a direct word from the Lord.
When we are focussed on Father...we are 'standing before Him'.

How clear is our hearing? While busy "in the camp"...we cannot hear more then indistinct mumbling....it is 'before the Lord' that we learn to have our ears 'tuned' to hear His voice, clearly.

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen indeed.
Malachi 3
"And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness."
And remember also that the Way to the Tree of Life is through the " flaming sword":

"So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." Gen 3:24

Reactions: pia

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible says,

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

so how is it, that even now, men and woman with sinful flesh can stand before God at His throne.

When you understand this one the troubles with sin will be less of an issue.

read what the man said before that, which applies the meaning of what you posted:

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 2 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

basically what is of God stays with God, and that which is of the earth remains in the earth, but if one is not born of the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God, then there's nothing to remain with God.