Questions For A Catholic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where would your belief system be now if Catholic Christianity hadnt fought for centuries to preserve Christianity against the Muslim powers?
What do you think your belief system would be now, if it were not for centuries of defending Christianity, so that you could break away and develop your own (not even Protestant, presumably) ideology?
I think this question shows quite clearly your superior attitude to God and christianity. As if God needed the rcc to advance his kingdom!!!!!

The answer to the first is the same as he is now. In many countries, the true church is being persecuted by Islam, but it doesn't need the rcc to survive. In fact it is doing rather well without it. Probably because it has not been tainted by the rcc.

And the rcc wasn't defending christianity. It was defending their power base, which was far from christian as in popes bumping off people they saw as a threat to their authority and power and popes having kids to women who they are not married to. If that is christianity, God help us all.

If the church hadn't been tainted by the roman apostate version, we would in all probability have dealt Islam a very servere blow as it would have been operating in the power of God not the power of man as they do in the rcc.

Reactions: Anastacia

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Selene, Selene, Selene. Your knowledge of basic scripture is ssssoooooooooooooo lacking.

Quote one: 1. And where in scripture does it say to pray to the Holy Spirit? The key word here is TO.

Quote two: praying in the Holy Ghost,.The key word here is IN.

Praying TO and praying IN are quite different. If that is all you can offer, it means that you have no scriptual authority to pray TO the Holy Spirit.

Please do your homework before you parrot other people pontifications and which you don't understand.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray (you) in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

If one can pray in Christ, who is God, then one can pray in the Holy Spirit, who is also God.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
I've also experienced this from every denomination that I've encountered. I've experienced this in varying degrees from everyone I've encountered in life and online.

Out of curiosity, and with all due respect.....

What is it that you call the truth? What is it that you call a lie? Can you give any specifics aside from Jesus is the truth, or the Bible is the truth? What exactly is it that you find wrong, and how does it compare to with what the word of God says?

I'm wondering if it's just your view on somethings, or maybe your personal understanding of definitions and meanings of phrases and words. What exactly is your statement of faith?

What is it that I call the truth? And, what is it that I call a lie? I've been writing the truth and exposing the lies all through out this thread. Go read some of my posts and you will see. If you don't bother to look at my posts, then I'll write some of falseness of the Catholic church again here...

The title "Holy Father" is a name reserved only for God, the Father. The Catholic church calls the pope "Holy Father." That alone should keep everyone away from the religion. But people learn about this and still stay. Why?

John 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

In fact, we are not to call anyone on earth Father, because we are brothers.

Matthew 23:8-9 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. [sup]9[/sup] And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

There are things the Catholics teach and practice that aren't in the Bible, such as...there is no such thing in the Bible as Apostolic Succession.

We do not have to go to a priest for confession....the Bible says the curtain is torn. Mark 15:38 The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.

The Catholic religion has statues, and they are commanded to bow to them.

Here from the Word of God we are told not to---

Deuteronomy 4:15 You saw no form of any kind the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully,

Deuteronomy 4:16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman,

Do you want me to go on? Do you want to hear more, and are you ready to start obeying?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you dispute that the Catholic church kept Christianity alive up to the advent of Protestantism?

Wholeheartedly!!!! The rcc killed off the true church and left us with a spiritually dead organisation. That is why we had to have a protestant reformation.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Selene, Selene, Selene. Your knowledge of basic scripture is ssssoooooooooooooo lacking.

Quote one: 1. And where in scripture does it say to pray to the Holy Spirit? The key word here is TO.

Praying TO and praying IN are quite different. If that is all you can offer, it means that you have no scriptual authority to pray TO the Holy Spirit.

Please do your homework before you parrot other people pontifications and which you don't understand.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray (you) in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

If one can pray in Christ, who is God, then one can pray in the Holy Spirit, who is also God.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

And since the Bible says that the Holy Ghost is actually ONE with the Father and the Word (Christ), then one can pray to the Holy Ghost. Why? Because all three are one. All three are God. So, if you cannot come to the conclusion from 1 John 5:7 that the Holy Ghost is ALSO God, then what you are saying is that you don't need to pray to God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wholeheartedly!!!! The rcc killed off the true church and left us with a spiritually dead organisation. That is why we had to have a protestant reformation.

Pardon me, your majesty.....it's your humble servant, aspen (I am, but a worm)

But where is the evidence of these Christians that were killed off? And why did your PR keep so much Catholic doctrine if in fact, there was an Apostasy?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

Hello? Jesus said that He will always be with His Church until the end of the world. So, what happened? If Jesus was with His Church just as He says, how did His Church managed to be killed? Was Jesus lying?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Pardon me, your majesty.....it's your humble servant, aspen (I am, but a worm)

But where is the evidence of these Christians that were killed off? And why did your PR keep so much Catholic doctrine if in fact, there was an Apostasy?

Martin Luther didn't go far enough, that's for sure. And John Calvin added his own false doctrine.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

Jesus said that He would be with His Church until the end of the world? So, how did His Church get killed when Jesus was supposed to be with them until the end of the world?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you know what the Truth is? How sanctimonious - you just have your opinion, thats a different thing.
Joh 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come. Joh 16:14 He will glorify Me, for He will receive of Mine and will announce it to you. Joh 16:15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and will announce it to you.

1Ti 4:3 forbidding to marry, saying to abstain from foods which God has created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth

1Jn 2:21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and know that no lie is of the truth.

1Jn 4:6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us. The one who is not of God does not hear us. From this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

These verses show how sanctimonious you are asking how do we know what the truth is.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

And since the Bible says that the Holy Ghost is actually ONE with the Father and the Word (Christ), then one can pray to the Holy Ghost. Why? Because all three are one. All three are God. So, if you cannot come to the conclusion from
1 John 5:7 that the Holy Ghost is ALSO God, then what you are saying is that you don't need to pray to God.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Joh 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come. Joh 16:14 He will glorify Me, for He will receive of Mine and will announce it to you. Joh 16:15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and will announce it to you.

1Ti 4:3 forbidding to marry, saying to abstain from foods which God has created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth

1Jn 2:21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and know that no lie is of the truth.

1Jn 4:6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us. The one who is not of God does not hear us. From this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

These verses show how sanctimoneous you are asking how do we know what the truth is.

Excellent. Thank you, Marksman.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

Jesus said that He would be with His Church until the end of the world? (See Matthew 28:20) So, how did His Church get killed when Jesus was supposed to be with them until the end of the world? That does not make any sense.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You should read more carefully my friend, and a little prayer would help to hopfully receive enough Spirit to bring that dead scripture to Life in you. You should also be careful about lumping people together based upon which group they apparently belong to.... For your information i am not a Catholic.

When you do read your Bible, try these verses first:: "Love is patient and kind. Love knows neither envy nor jealousy. Love is not forward and self-assertive, nor boastful and conceited. She does not behave unbecomingly, nor seek to aggrandize herself, nor blaze out in passionate anger, nor brood over wrongs. She finds no pleasure in injustice done to others, but joyfully sides with the truth. She knows how to be silent. She is full of trust, full of hope, full of patient endurance." I Cor 13:4-7

What a trite and pitiful response that says nothing other than don't hurt my ego.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

And since the Bible says that the Holy Ghost is actually ONE with the Father and the Word (Christ), then one can pray to the Holy Ghost. Why? Because all three are one. All three are God. So, if you cannot come to the conclusion from 1 John 5:7 that the Holy Ghost is ALSO God, then what you are saying is that you don't need to pray to God.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said that He would be with His Church until the end of the world? (See Matthew 28:20) So, how did His Church get killed when Jesus was supposed to be with them until the end of the world? That does not make any sense.

I am not surprised. When you are brainwashed by catholic mumbo jumbo nothing will make sense.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

I am not surprised. When you are brainwashed by catholic mumbo jumbo nothing will make sense.

Jesus said that He would be with His Church until the end of the world? (See Matthew 28:20) So, how did His Church get killed when Jesus was supposed to be with them until the end of the world? It seems that you are saying that Jesus lied.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, let me be the second to admit that I am but a worm....an intellectual infant - hoping to bask in the glow of your bountiful intellect, marksman.....I am in your debt

-your intellectual / doctrinally challenged inferior, aspen

Thankyou. I am glad that you have come to your senses at last.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

And since the Bible says that the Holy Ghost is actually ONE with the Father and the Word (Christ), then one can pray to the Holy Ghost. Why? Because all three are one. All three are God. So, if you cannot come to the conclusion from
1 John 5:7 that the Holy Ghost is ALSO God, then what you are saying is that you don't need to pray to God. Perhaps, you are going to tell me that 1 John 5:7 is REALLY not saying that the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost are one?

Thankyou. I am glad that you have come to your senses at last.

So, how did the true Church get killed when Jesus promised to be with them until the end of the world?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Chapter and verse please. NOT WAFFLE.

Pardon me, your majesty.....it's your humble servant, aspen (I am, but a worm) But where is the evidence of these Christians that were killed off? And why did your PR keep so much Catholic doctrine if in fact, there was an Apostasy?

All right, you don't have to keeep acknowledging my authority. Once was enough.

In other words Selene, there are no verses that tell you to pray TO the Holy Spirit. Thankyou for admitting to the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.