Random Acts of Kindness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“We”?
What are you, Ratatouille?

People are incapable of loving others as themselves.
The very belief blinds.

‘You’ is incapable of understanding.
Yet giving a false impression a you does understand some thing nonetheless.
Does ye not feel the vanity & arrogance of self inflation, deception?

Do the “modern evangelicals” you speak of also “have understanding”?

Do “we” need to know and understand what they know and understand as well?
Jesus said "greater love has no man (ADAM) than this...that he lays down his life for another"

What He did NOT say is..."No one can love so much that they lay down their life for another. You need first to be born again....or become doctrinally aware..."

We are all created in God's image in the inner man. The problem is the outer man ego that is bent on self-preservation, self-righteousness, and self-aggrandizement. When the gospel seems to line up with THAT part of us, the ego part, that's when we know we have misunderstood it.

Peter explains that many will misunderstand Paul to their own destruction. And we have entire denominations that have dedicated themselves to doing that very thing. Too many outer man egos have become religious and now claim to be "born again" or "partially" sanctified. These refuse sound doctrine...denying the power of the cross and the high calling in Christ.

Last edited:

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Introspect.

There is an experience, albeit apparent, of impatience.
Yet patience is never experienced, as patience is not experiential.

There is an experience, albeit apparent, of misunderstanding.
Yet understanding is never experienced, as understanding is not experiential.

“You need”… to “know what I know, to understand what I understand”… unwittingly encourages self referential thoughts, and therein emotional suppression… in exchange for an ostensible handful of beans.

“We are all created”
The past is a belief.

No self, no problem.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are all created in God's image in the inner man. The problem is the outer man ego that is bent on self-preservation, self-righteousness, and self aggrandizement. When the gospel seems to line up with THAT part of us, the ego part, that's when we know we have misunderstood it.
You seem to talk a lot about members egos.

Do you believe you ever act out in your “ own ego “...because from what I have read of your posts “ you do”

Your judging and condemning others...of the same you too are guilty of imo.

Have you actually been “ perfected”in Christ.?

I think the first thing we need to do, is admit that our ego sometimes gets in the way...surely that’s the first step to understanding our ego....recognising our own “ ego” in “ us”...I know and recognise my ego!.......just my opinion and thoughts.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Pe 5:5
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Act 20:21
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Act 21:28
Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

Rom 1:14
I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
1Co 1:22
For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23
But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Luk 7:35
But wisdom is justified of all her children.

After the disciples all got together and decided how to find a solution to the problem (wisdom) , then the whole assembly of Greeks and Hebrews were pleased.
Act 6:5
And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
Act 6:6
Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.
Act 6:7
And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

Jews require a sign.. the increase in the number of disciples were multiplied.
Greeks seek after wisdom.

And the whole multitude was pleased.

thinking..
hugs

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said "greater love has no man (ADAM) than this...that he lays down his life for another"

What He did NOT say is..."No one can love so much that they lay down their life for another. You need first to be born again....or become doctrinally aware..."

We are all created in God's image in the inner man. The problem is the outer man ego that is bent on self-preservation, self-righteousness, and self-aggrandizement. When the gospel seems to line up with THAT part of us, the ego part, that's when we know we have misunderstood it.

Peter explains that many will misunderstand Paul to their own destruction. And we have entire denominations that have dedicated themselves to doing that very thing. Too many outer man egos have become religious and now claim to be "born again" or "partially" sanctified. These refuse sound doctrine...denying the power of the cross and the high calling in Christ.
Actuality of ego is you need’, ‘we are’, ‘the inner man’, ‘the problem is’, ‘the outer man’, ‘part of us’, ‘that’s when we know’, we have misunderstood it’, ‘many will misunderstand’, ‘their own’, we have’, ‘themselves’, ‘outer man egos become’.

Spiritual ego.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You seem to talk a lot about members egos.

Do you believe you ever act out in your “ own ego “...because from what I have read of your posts “ you do”

Your judging and condemning others...of the same you too are guilty of imo.

Why are you, and others, so sensitive about what the bible teaches?

Paul said.."It is no longer I, but Christ"...It is no longer EGO...

People will speak of all the benefits they have received but never admit the warnings in the bible are for them...to help them to forsake iniquity.

The FOUNDATION of God is to forsake iniquity. Yet, when I mention God's foundation, some get into a big snit. One can only surmise that the carnal reaction is due to people still living according to the flesh...even as they claim all the bible promises.

A disciple doesn't mind speaking against egos...because he/she knows the power of the cross. But self-justifiers HATE the idea that they still have a long way to go. So then these HATE the truth.
Have you actually been “ perfected”in Christ.?

Not in maturity...but I know the perfect walk in experience. That's what the gospel is about...salvation FROM sin into the intimacy of a walk in HIS life. Don't be fooled by simply going through the doorway of Christ...the first step of a grace sample. One needs also to walk on the narrow path. The race of faith is not just a one step race.
I think the first thing we need to do, is admit that our ego sometimes gets in the way...surely that’s the first step to understanding our ego....recognising our own “ ego” in “ us”...I know and recognise my ego!.......just my opinion and thoughts.
OK. But to acknowledge we have an ego...and then forsake relying on it, are two different things. We are to have no confidence in the flesh.

As long as we are not crucified in the outer man ego, we will have to wrestle with the flesh. When we walk in the Spirit...walking as Jesus walked, then we are crucified in the outer man and are lifted up in the inner man into the presence of God in the kingdom realm of the Spirit.

How does one deal with all the lying and hypocrisy among my detractors? Do I just "take it"...or do I correct such. Just look at all the attacks against me personally for simply preaching the gospel. Obviously the flesh is going to react against the truth. And I will point this out...as a help to them...or else those who have an ear to hear.

If I respond to the ego displays here...is the only thing that a human can do is respond also through the ego? Do you think rebuking comes from the ego?

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am almost curious to ask what your dictionary looks like Phil.
It must be filled with a lot of blank pages.
Or a very small book.

:)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Puffed up like corn pops.

I know a woman who lived with a man for thirty years. And every day she talks about everything she ever did for this man.
And I just smile and say that was very nice of you.
Because sometimes that's all people have and they want to be recognized for the good they did.

I think we all want to recognized. But I believe it is in the one recognizing that matters.
Jesus says do your alms in secret and your Father which sees in secret will reward you openly.
Where if you walk around bragging to the world, then the world smiles back and says how nice of you.
You have recieved your reward.
Sometimes you have to meet people on their own level.
If they want recognition from the world, then give it to them.
If they want recognition from God then let them seek it.

hugs

Reactions: Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you, and others, so sensitive about what the bible teaches?

Says you?..which again is only your opinion.
Paul said.."It is no longer I, but Christ"...It is no longer EGO...

People will speak of all the benefits they have received but never admit the warnings in the bible are for them...to help them to forsake iniquity.

The FOUNDATION of God is to forsake iniquity. Yet, when I mention God's foundation, some get into a big snit. One can only surmise that the carnal reaction is due to people still living according to the flesh...even as they claim all the bible promises.

How can a Born Again live according to the flesh when they are in the Spirit?

We act out in the old mindset, our old mindset is being renewed ....we’re in the Spirit when we have been Born Of The Spirit.....
A disciple doesn't mind speaking against egos...because he/she knows the power of the cross. But self-justifiers HATE the idea that they still have a long way to go. So then these HATE the truth.

I ask you “ once again” do you have an “ ego” ?
Not in maturity...but I know the perfect walk in experience. That's what the gospel is about...salvation FROM sin into the intimacy of a walk in HIS life. Don't be fooled by simply going through the doorway of Christ...the first step of a grace sample. One needs also to walk on the narrow path. The race of faith is not just a one step race.
You know the perfect walk in experience ?

That’s what the Gospel is about?

Going through the doorway of Christ?

Who keeps us on the narrow path?

The race of faith is not a one step race?

Faith has to be understood in the Spirit, then we can then grow and mature in Faith...Faith needs to be exercised in order for it to grow.....

Faith is a gift from God, a “ manifestation “ of the Spirit, so tell me, where does God given faith manifest itself?

How can you have faith without the Spirit?
OK. But to acknowledge we have an ego...and then forsake relying on it, are two different things. We are to have no confidence in the flesh.
Who has confidence in the flesh?

We need to understand the flesh that knowledge can only come to us via the Holy Spirit?

As long as we are not crucified in the outer man ego, we will have to wrestle with the flesh. When we walk in the Spirit...walking as Jesus walked, then we are crucified in the outer man and are lifted up in the inner man into the presence of God in the kingdom realm of the Spirit.
At last I understand something you are talking about.
How does one deal with all the lying and hypocrisy among my detractors? Do I just "take it"...or do I correct such. Just look at all the attacks against me personally for simply preaching the gospel. Obviously the flesh is going to react against the truth. And I will point this out...as a help to them...or else those who have an ear to hear.
No comment...not my business.
If I respond to the ego displays here...is the only thing that a human can do is respond also through the ego? Do you think rebuking comes from the ego?
I don’t understand “ your” rebuking...to me it comes across as judgemental of others...yet imo, you too are guilty of whatever you think they are doing.....so it’s hypocritical.

It’s like it’s your way Epi....if people don’t agree with what you teach or preach...you start throwing out insults and get nasty....we’ve all been there..we must learn to “ respect” others opinions....whose to say our opinion is right and more valid than anyone else’s...in my opinion it’s not....took me a while to learn that one and still I’m learning it and have to keep on me toes.LOL

“ My opinion and “ your” opinion of scripture, is no more valid than anyone else’s on this forum....I keep telling myself that...and hopefully it’s starting to penetrate my heart / spirit.

I am “ NOT” GOD!!.....

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was it like, the direct experience of being born?

A short time of discomfort into the arms of comfort.

See how honesty & integrity plays the biggest role, and therein… allowing emotion(s) to be felt?

No. Because I have imagination, IF toothpaste had feelings, what it would be like to be for a short time uncomfortable to be squeezed out of a tube….and the reality, of comfort I did experience many time in my mother’s arms.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can a Born Again live according to the flesh when they are in the Spirit?

You assume that having begun in the Spirit one must necessarily continue in the Spirit. That is a very naive way to think about it. Why did Paul get on the Galatians case about trying to be perfected some other way? How could Jesus spit out the Laodiceans? You have not been properly discipled if you ALWAYS only rely on the very first step of your race. No one who knows the race would do that.
We act out in the old mindset, our old mindset is being renewed ....we’re in the Spirit when we have been Born Of The Spirit.....

I ask you “ once again” do you have an “ ego” ?

Everyone has an ego. Until that ego is crucified. The difference is how much we rely on the ego...or if we build our lives on it.

I know what sin is because I'm human. But I also know the difference between what the Spirit does and what the flesh does. And renewing the mind is not something you can do. You will just become more religious by your efforts. That's what Paul was speaking to the Galatians about.....self-effort. The only way to renew the mind is to be present with the Lord WHERE He is...in Zion (the higher walk in the Spirit)...and spend time there.
You know the perfect walk in experience ?

That’s what the Gospel is about?

Going through the doorway of Christ?

Who keeps us on the narrow path?

The keeping power of God.
The race of faith is not a one step race?

Faith has to be understood in the Spirit, then we can then grow and mature in Faith...Faith needs to be exercised in order for it to grow.....

Faith is a gift from God, a “ manifestation “ of the Spirit, so tell me, where does God given faith manifest itself?

How can you have faith without the Spirit?

We also have our own opinions...which you post a lot about...and our own human faith. We can confuse what we believe for what is actually true.
Who has confidence in the flesh?

We need to understand the flesh that knowledge can only come to us via the Holy Spirit?

At last I understand something you are talking about.

No comment...not my business.

I don’t understand “ your” rebuking...to me it comes across as judgemental of others...yet imo, you too are guilty of whatever you think they are doing.....so it’s hypocritical.

In your opinion. That's what you forgot to say. But you are immature...very much so. Still stuck on the very first thing that happened to you. But you need to learn more and experience more. (Does that come across to you as judgmental?)
It’s like it’s your way Epi....if people don’t agree with what you teach or preach...you start throwing out insults and get nasty

I do? Look at all the insults against me that I let slide. I think you don't see that because in your own way...you are defending your flesh...so you agree with all my accusers and attackers.

What I do is point out to those who for no reason attack the truth I teach...calling me a false-teacher and such...but without actually reading the bible or trying to argue their points in a good way...without attacking me personally.

Do I answer a fool? Or do I ignore him/her? I do have a number of people on "ignore"...even though I might check on their venomous posts from time to time.
....we’ve all been there..we must learn to “ respect” others opinions.

I disagree. I don't respect persons at all. I only respect the truth. Maybe that's what you are "seeing".

But read your bible..we are not to respect persons in judgment. And God is not a respecter of persons in judgment. That doesn't mean that we can't be courteous or kind. But after a dozen venomous posts against me, I figure being courteous would be just seen as being facetious. I have tried to be more light-hearted...but some here are seriously hostile. So that is taken wrong too...Why? Because they are very wrong in their assessments.
...whose to say our opinion is right and more valid than anyone else’s...in my opinion it’s not....took me a while to learn that one and still I’m learning it and have to keep on me toes.LOL
Amen. The race isn't over until it's over. I ALWAYS think that some will understand IF they read their bibles and pray with honesty and humility before the Lord. :)

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A short time of discomfort into the arms of comfort.
That’d be what a short time of discomfort into the arms of comfort is like.

What is the direct experience of being born like?

Pearls & swine perhaps.
No. Because I have imagination, IF toothpaste had feelings, what it would be like to be for a short time uncomfortable to be squeezed out of a tube….and the reality, of comfort I did experience many time in my mother’s arms.
Not “feelings”; emotions.

Lovely, but not asking about being in your mother’s arms.

Asking about the direct experience of being born.
With integrity & honesty.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You assume that having begun in the Spirit one must necessarily continue in the Spirit. That is a very naive way to think about it. Why did Paul get on the Galatians case about trying to be perfected some other way? How could Jesus spit out the Laodiceans? You have not been properly discipled if you ALWAYS only rely on the very first step of your race. No one who knows the race would do that.

We continue in the Spirit because we are Born Of The Spirit...I rest in the Spirit and am being conformed into the image of Christ ,I am disciples by the Spirit..

First step of my race..listen ,I’m a child of God and I’m in his hands...imo, you’re caught up in “ self” ..you won’t get anywhere that way...you need to understand that God is in control....” Not You”.
Everyone has an ego. Until that ego is crucified. The difference is how much we rely on the ego...or if we build our lives on it.

We can’t build our lives on the ego, when we have been Born Of The Spirit....
I know what sin is because I'm human. But I also know the difference between what the Spirit does and what the flesh does. And renewing the mind is not something you can do. You will just become more religious by your efforts. That's what Paul was speaking to the Galatians about.....self-effort. The only way to renew the mind is to be present with the Lord WHERE He is...in Zion (the higher walk in the Spirit)...and spend time there.

So, who revealed your sin to you?

How can you know you were in sin, before you became Born Again?
The keeping power of God.

We also have our own opinions...which you post a lot about...and our own human faith. We can confuse what we believe for what is actually true.

Yes, we all post our opinions and we all interpret Gods word differently...as we see on your threads.
In your opinion. That's what you forgot to say. But you are immature...very much so. Still stuck on the very first thing that happened to you. But you need to learn more and experience more. (Does that come across to you as judgmental?)
I don’t mind you saying I’m very immature, as it’s only your opinion and doesn’t penetrate my heart/ spirit...only Gods Living word can penetrate my heart/ spirit
I do? Look at all the insults against me that I let slide. I think you don't see that because in your own way...you are defending your flesh...so you agree with all my accusers and attackers.

I haven’t agreed with anyone..defending my flesh..that’s not even biblical..I’m posting my opinion of what I see you posting to other members that is all.
What I do is point out to those who for no reason attack the truth I teach...calling me a false-teacher and such...but without actually reading the bible or trying to argue their points in a good way...without attacking me personally.
I don’t believe you should be attacked for what you believe Gods truth to be..I haven’t imo attacked you.

Even if someone does attack me..I have learnt to put them on ignore...God tells us not to argue, I still continue to post what I believe without getting embroiled in unedifying arguing..I suggest you do the same..just carry on teaching/ preaching Gods truth that “ you” believe.
Do I answer a fool? Or do I ignore him/her? I do have a number of people on "ignore"...even though I might check on their venomous posts from time to time.
Ah, excellent , I just addressed that above..LOL.
I disagree. I don't respect persons at all. I only respect the truth. Maybe that's what you are "seeing".
Ok.
But read your bible..we are not to respect persons in judgment. And God is not a respecter of persons in judgment. That doesn't mean that we can't be courteous or kind. But after a dozen venomous posts against me, I figure being courteous would be just seen as being facetious. I have tried to be more light-hearted...but some here are seriously hostile. So that is taken wrong too...Why? Because they are very wrong in their assessments.
Ok.
Amen. The race isn't over until it's over. I ALWAYS think that some will understand IF they read their bibles and pray with honesty and humility before the Lord. :)
Amen!!...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We continue in the Spirit because we are Born Of The Spirit...I rest in the Spirit and am being conformed into the image of Christ ,I am disciples by the Spirit..

This is where the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. If you resist the truth it doesn't matter where you come from. Again Paul called the Galatians foolish because they indeed started in the Spirit. You need training...since you are not able to mature yourself while you have those ideas of yours cancelling out truth. That's why there is a body of Christ and ministers who are ACTUALLY trained....HARD...to be able to help others. Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ (to love as He loves)
First step of my race..listen ,I’m a child of God and I’m in his hands...imo, you’re caught up in “ self” ..you won’t get anywhere that way...you need to understand that God is in control....” Not You”.

We can’t build our lives on the ego, when we have been Born Of The Spirit....

No, we can be overcome with ego even if we are led by the Spirit...only the crucified are dead to sin.

You don't fear God enough. Look at how many died in the wilderness...yet you think...not I.
So, who revealed your sin to you?

How can you know you were in sin, before you became Born Again?

Born again is about holiness...and the conviction of sin leads us to repent...all by the Spirit of God.

But what you don't realize is that we can become WORSE sinners as born again Christians than we were before. How? Iniquity. Sins committed by what we think is right...but God doesn't.

Did you watch my latest podcast? It's all in there.
Yes, we all post our opinions and we all interpret Gods word differently...as we see on your threads.

I am posting the truth. Because people live by their opinions...they will assume I do too.
I don’t mind you saying I’m very immature, as it’s only your opinion and doesn’t penetrate my heart/ spirit...only Gods Living word can penetrate my heart/ spirit

There you go. Unteachable. You never asked me for proof...or if I knew what you should do about it. So you are self-realized...without discernment.
I haven’t agreed with anyone..defending my flesh..that’s not even biblical..I’m posting my opinion of what I see you posting to other members that is all.

I don’t believe you should be attacked for what you believe Gods truth to be..I haven’t imo attacked you.

Am I wrong to say that you "like" those who attack me even if you just assume I'm speaking from my flesh?
Even if someone does attack me..I have learnt to put them on ignore...God tells us not to argue, I still continue to post what I believe without getting embroiled in unedifying arguing..I suggest you do the same..just carry on teaching/ preaching Gods truth that “ you” believe.

I have the authority to rebuke and correct those who slander the ways of God. This is not about people and their feelings...it's about the truth.
Ah, excellent , I just addressed that above..LOL.

Ok.

Ok.

Amen!!...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is where the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. If you resist the truth it doesn't matter where you come from. Again Paul called the Galatians foolish because they indeed started in the Spirit. You need training...since you are not able to mature yourself while you have those ideas of yours cancelling out truth. That's why there is a body of Christ and ministers who are ACTUALLY trained....HARD...to be able to help others. Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ (to love as He loves)

Oh my word, please ...I don’t believe you actually understand what training means and I’m not being disrespectful.

We are trained by the Holy Spirit, not you Epi..I will leave it there.
No, we can be overcome with ego even if we are led by the Spirit...only the crucified are dead to sin.

I was crucified when I became “ Born Again”..it is no longer I that lives, it Christ in me that lives.

We are dead to sin when our sins have been repented of, who by the way God brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow..our slate has been wiped clean we are right with God, through the death / resurrection of Jesus and by becoming Born Of The Spirit..” Spirit Gives Birth To Spirit “ our spirit has become Born Again we now are Gods, to do as he pleases, according to his purpose and plan./ will.
You don't fear God enough. Look at how many died in the wilderness...yet you think...not I.
Oh boy, how very wrong you are, God revealed something to my heart/ spirit and there was no mistaking his word that he revealed to my spirit....stay away I was told....I wouldn’t dare disobey his Spirit, not in that area...I’m sure I’ve disobeyed him at times out of ignorance..
Born again is about holiness...and the conviction of sin leads us to repent...all by the Spirit of God.

Born Again is all about having a relationship with God via his Spirit , as I’ve explained he chose us out of the world for his purpose and plan....we are being conformed into the image of Jesus....it’s called the sanctification process....I repented of my sin..I don’t repent any more of it, my sins have been forgiven, A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...
But what you don't realize is that we can become WORSE sinners as born again Christians than we were before. How? Iniquity. Sins committed by what we think is right...but God doesn't.
100% disagree..we have been Born Again of imperishable seed, that liveth and abideth forever...
Did you watch my latest podcast? It's all in there.

I am posting the truth. Because people live by their opinions...they will assume I do too.
You are posting what “ you” believe to be God’s truth..no problem, carry on.
There you go. Unteachable. You never asked me for proof...or if I knew what you should do about it. So you are self-realized...without discernment.

I am only teachable by the Spirit of God..I am a child of God and I know his voice...I’m not saying I’m not stubborn at times and don’t listen, but, I worry not, because God always gets his truth across to me..all in God’s timing I listen and understand...after all he knows his child more than anyone, he knows our hearts.
Am I wrong to say that you "like" those who attack me even if you just assume I'm speaking from my flesh?
Like those who attack you..?..good grief, I don’t think you understand the meaning of the word being “ attacked”...people are disagreeing with your teachings/ preaching...man up for heavens sake...thank God it was Jesus who came to save us...that’s a real man for you!
I have the authority to rebuke and correct those who slander the ways of God. This is not about people and their feelings...it's about the truth.

Again...in your opinion Epi....carry on with what you believe to be God’s truth...

No animosity towards you, just voiced my opinion of what I believe...

• Sad
Reactions: Episkopos

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

2 Chronicles 20:15-1​

He said: “Listen, ~~~~~ This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. ~~~~~You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, ~~~~Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Bible Verses About Intimacy with God​

Here are ten Bible verses that can help you develop intimacy with God:

1. John 15:5​

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me, you can do nothing.”

2. Psalm 63:1​

“You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.”

3. James 4:8​

“Come near to God, and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”

4. Matthew 6:33​

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

5. Psalm 119:105​

“Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.”

6. Jeremiah 29:13​

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

7. Proverbs 3:5-6​

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

8. Colossians 3:16​

“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.”

9. Hebrews 4:12​

“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

10. Philippians 4:6-7​

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...

Gal 3:1-3
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Rita, with your reasoning then, would you say that the Galatians who began in the Spirit, were not born again with the same imperishable/incorruptible seed seed? And yet, Paul rebukes them as foolish. Can you please explain this?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gal 3:1-3
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Rita, with your reasoning then, would you say that the Galatians who began in the Spirit, were not born again with the same imperishable/incorruptible seed seed? And yet, Paul rebukes them as foolish. Can you please explain this?
Listen, in this day and age and being under the New Covenant, Paul rebukes them as being foolish, what has that got to do with me?

I’m Born Again, I know I’m Born Again, now please tell me how we know that we are Born Again ?

God chose “ me” out of this world, by His Spirit...he chose to make me Born Again ...I’m on a journey and that journey has been good, bad and down right ugly at times....I’m being discipled by the Holy Spirit , all according to the purpose and plan of God..I’m his vessel that he uses to accomplish what ever is pleasing to him, the word of God never comes back void and always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.

Have you been Born Again of imperishable seed, Laurina?

What does that mean even, imperishable/ incorruptible seed?

I seriously don’t know what Epi is trying to accomplish with what he preaches / teaches....I can only be led by the Spirit of God as I’m his child....

My spirit is Born Again, is yours?

Do you understand what it means, that the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children?..plus do you understand this scripture?

Of course this is my opinion/ testimony and belief....you know that the Holy Spirit is “ ALIVE” And “ ACTIVE “ right?

How would I know this?

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Listen, in this day and age and being under the New Covenant, Paul rebukes them as being foolish, what has that got to do with me?

I’m Born Again, I know I’m Born Again, now please tell me how we know that we are Born Again ?

God chose “ me” out of this world, by His Spirit...he chose to make me Born Again ...I’m on a journey and that journey has been good, bad and down right ugly at times....I’m being discipled by the Holy Spirit , all according to the purpose and plan of God..I’m his vessel that he uses to accomplish what ever is pleasing to him, the word of God never comes back void and always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.

Have you been Born Again of imperishable seed, Laurina?

What does that mean even, imperishable/ incorruptible seed?

I seriously don’t know what Epi is trying to accomplish with what he preaches / teaches....I can only be led by the Spirit of God as I’m his child....

My spirit is Born Again, is yours?

Do you understand what it means, that the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children?..plus do you understand this scripture?

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rita, thank-you for taking the time to respond, but you didn't answer my question.

I asked would you say that the Galatians who began in the Spirit, were not born again with the same imperishable/incorruptible seed seed?