Random Acts of Kindness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita, thank-you for taking the time to respond, but you didn't answer my question.

I asked would you say that the Galatians who began in the Spirit, were not born again with the same imperishable/incorruptible seed seed?
I wouldn’t know Laurina....I only know in my “ spirit “ that I am Born Again...I was grafted into the true vine by God...according to his purpose and plan....I’m here to Glorify the Father, I’m not here to glorify myself...there is only Glory in God.....there is NO power in us, only in Christ and we cannot abuse that power...he won’t allow it..imo/ belief...

Are you now able to answer my questions?

What does being Born Again of imperishable seed mean to you?...

Perseverance of the saints (also called preservation of the saints )once a person is truly "born of God" or "regenerated" by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, they will continue doing good works and believing in God until the end of their life....it’s a done deal when the Holy Spirit makes us Born Again..there is no getting away from that.....we belong to God 100%..my opinion and belief.

Living in the Spirit
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is deadbecause of sin, yet your spirit is alivebecause of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.…

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’d be what a short time of discomfort into the arms of comfort is like.

What is the direct experience of being born like?

Pearls & swine perhaps.

Not “feelings”; emotions.

Lovely, but not asking about being in your mother’s arms.

Asking about the direct experience of being born.
With integrity & honesty.

I would say, very uncomfortable. However I trust the Lords Power to put away the memories of physically Unpleasant things….
Births, heartaches, etc. even hell.

So, the recollection you want to know, is forgotten.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say, very uncomfortable. However I trust the Lords Power to put away the memories of physically Unpleasant things….
Births, heartaches, etc. even hell.

So, the recollection you want to know, is forgotten.
It’s not forgotten, that’d be an assumption. It wasn’t experienced - it’s assumed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not forgotten, that’d be an assumption. It wasn’t experienced - it’s assumed.

It is laughable to see you say definitively “it’s not forgotten”, “it wasn’t experienced”…while implying an other’s words are mere assumptions.

It is pretty common for a new born to be born crying. Never heard of a new born being born laughing.

I happen to believe there are particular feelings attached to the response of crying and laughing.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is laughable to see you say definitively “it’s not forgotten”, “it wasn’t experienced”…while implying an other’s words are mere assumptions.
“An other’s words” is not what was said.

It is pretty common for a new born to be born crying. Never heard of a new born being born laughing.
That’d be a direct experience of a new born baby.
What was said was the direct experience of being born.

I happen to believe there are particular feelings attached to the response of crying and laughing.
Feelings is a belief on behalf of the self that wasn’t born in the first place.

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wouldn’t know Laurina....I only know in my “ spirit “ that I am Born Again...I was grafted into the true vine by God...according to his purpose and plan....I’m here to Glorify the Father, I’m not here to glorify myself...there is only Glory in God.....there is NO power in us, only in Christ and we cannot abuse that power...he won’t allow it..imo/ belief...

Are you now able to answer my questions?

What does being Born Again of imperishable seed mean to you?...

Matt. 13:3-9
And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

For me, as a gardener, the incorruptible seed needs good soil to bring forth fruit.

Hosea 10:12
Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 3:1
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Col 3:5
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6
For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7
In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

Col 3:8
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Col 3:12
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Col 3:14
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Col 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Off with the old and on with the new.
Somewhere in the transition is this bittersweetness.

We hold onto the old emotions that get us riled up. Habit. Some habits are hard to break.
Jesus rebuked the Pharisees because they looked good on the outside. But inside was needing the cleaning.

Mat 23:25
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Seeds need time to grow and mature. You don't plant a seed today and end up with an edible fruit tree tomorrow.
Some trees take longer to grow than others. And if some fruit is left on the tree it can wither and rot and die.
So pick the good fruit and share it so it isn't wasted, and God will supply more as needed.
But if you don't use it, you lose it.

Exercise your faith.

hugs

Reactions: Azim

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Matt. 13:3-9
And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

For me, as a gardener, the incorruptible seed needs good soil to bring forth fruit.

Have you been “ Born Again “ of incorruptible seed?

We need to be Born Again to produce fruit....fruit comes from the Spirit of God who “indwells us”..what do you think the Spirit of God does in our heart when he makes us Born Again?

Peter understood the relationship between the Holy Spirit and sanctification. He knew that it was God’s will for His people. But notice that he says sanctification “is a work of the Holy Spirit.” So sanctification comes from God working in us, not from our strength.

There is no fruit in you or I, our fruit is of the Spirit, ....that’s what grows in us as God prunes us, he never stops pruning his children.

True Vine
1“I am the TRUE vine, and My Father is thekeeper of the vineyard. 2He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes to make it even more fruitful.…

Romans 8:7 Context​

4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Hosea 10:12
Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.
The imperishable/ incorruptible seed..is the Holy Spirit....it is God via His Spirit who makes the soil ,which represents the heart , he is the one who prepares and opens our heart to become “ Born Of The Spirit “ we can all quote scripture, ..we actually need to receive the Spirit Of God into our heart/ spirit , not our head.

It’s our spirit that God makes Born Again...therefore it’s a supernatural act that only God can do.....

As I’ve explained God is in control of who becomes Born Of The Spirit....we have “ NO” say in that supernatural act....Gods Spirit is Alive and Active....it’s not dead.....you could only know that by the testifying of the Spirit who “ testifies “ with our “ spirit “ that we are Gods children....

I have posted my opinion/ testimony and belief...no more valid or invalid as any other members on this forum.

We are all at different levels of spiritual understanding imo.

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have posted my opinion/ testimony and belief...no more valid or invalid as any other members on this forum.

Amen to that. Let's be patient and watch how the garden grows.
:D

In a parable Jesus says the seed is the word. It is incorruptible because there is only truth in it, no knowledge of good or evil. Just truth. And it is incorruptible. Truth is truth and facts are facts no matter how much people try to spin them.

Also when John is speaking of Jesus concerning the light of the world,
what does John mean by which lighteth every man that cometh into the world?
Jhn 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

A couple different versions reads as:
NIV
The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.
NASB20
This was the true Light that, coming into the world, enlightens every person.

1Ti 2:4
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

In the parable of the seed, the word falls on different surfaces.

Luk 8:5
A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
Luk 8:6
And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
Luk 8:7
And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.
Luk 8:8
And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

So when is the soil, fallowed, furrowed, plowed, watered, and prepared for the good seed?
Does one recieve the Holy spirit before the seed is sown or after?
Is the Holy Spirit the gardner?

Parable of the Vineyard

Isa 5:1
Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill:
Isa 5:2
And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.
Isa 5:3
And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.
Isa 5:4
What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?
Isa 5:5
And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:
Isa 5:6
And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.
Isa 5:7
For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

How does one grieve the Holy Spirit?
Eph 4:30
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Just some thoughts.
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you been “ Born Again “ of incorruptible seed?

We need to be Born Again to produce fruit....fruit comes from the Spirit of God who “indwells us”..what do you think the Spirit of God does in our heart when he makes us Born Again?

Peter understood the relationship between the Holy Spirit and sanctification. He knew that it was God’s will for His people. But notice that he says sanctification “is a work of the Holy Spirit.” So sanctification comes from God working in us, not from our strength.

There is no fruit in you or I, our fruit is of the Spirit, ....that’s what grows in us as God prunes us, he never stops pruning his children.

The imperishable/ incorruptible seed..is the Holy Spirit....it is God via His Spirit who makes the soil ,which represents the heart , he is the one who prepares and opens our heart to become “ Born Of The Spirit “ we can all quote scripture, ..we actually need to receive the Spirit Of God into our heart/ spirit , not our head.

It’s our spirit that God makes Born Again...therefore it’s a supernatural act that only God can do.....

As I’ve explained God is in control of who becomes Born Of The Spirit....we have “ NO” say in that supernatural act....Gods Spirit is Alive and Active....it’s not dead.....you could only know that by the testifying of the Spirit who “ testifies “ with our “ spirit “ that we are Gods children....

Hi Rita,

Yes, I have been born of the Spirit.

I find it intriguing that you use the term "' Born Again ' of incorruptible seed" and then later in your post you do use the term "Born Of The Spirit". So, am I correct to assume that these terms are interchangeable in your mind?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression from your posts that the "incorruptible seed" that you have been born again with is of a higher quality seed than what the Galatians had (Paul himself testified that they were born of the Spirit in Gal. 3:2) because they erred and Paul rebuked them; I know I have erred (sinned) and God by His Spirit rebuked and corrected me many times, and I know many others who, after having been born of the Spirit, have sinned (and repented). Yet, you have testified that, and I quote:

Born Again is all about having a relationship with God via his Spirit , as I’ve explained he chose us out of the world for his purpose and plan....we are being conformed into the image of Jesus....it’s called the sanctification process....I repented of my sin..I don’t repent any more of it, my sins have been forgiven, A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...

I know that I do at times "miss the mark" (sin) and when I realize that (by whatever means God uses to bring it to my attention), I do repent. I do fear the Lord because of all that He has done in my life, and the lives of those around me.

So, 3 questions I have for you:

1. Do you believe that the "incorruptible seed" you have been born again with, is it of higher quality than what those of us on this site who have been born again have (not to mention what the Galatians had)?

2. Because you no longer have the need to repent, do you have the fear of the Lord?

3. Will you be judged by your opinions, or is their a truth that is above that we will be judged against?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Rita,

I find it intriguing that you use the term "' Born Again ' of incorruptible seed" and then later in your post you do use the term "Born Of The Spirit". So, am I correct to assume that these terms are interchangeable in your mind?
What is Born Of The Spirit, if it’s not Born Again of imperishable seed...we are Born Of The Spirit...the word of God is the Holy Spirit, he is the seed..so yes, they mean the same thing.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression from your posts that the "incorruptible seed" that you have been born again with is of a higher quality seed than what the Galatians had (Paul himself testified that they were born of the Spirit in Gal. 3:2) because they erred and Paul rebuked them; I know I have erred (sinned) and God by His Spirit rebuked and corrected me many times, and I know many others who, after having been born of the Spirit, have sinned (and repented). Yet, you have testified that and I quote:

A higher quality seed than the Galatians...?

What has the Galatians got to do with me being Born Again?
I know that I do at times "miss the mark" (sin) and when I realize that (by whatever means God uses to bring it to my attention), I do repent. I do fear the Lord because of all that He has done in my life, and the lives of those around me.

1. Do you believe that the "incorruptible seed" you have been born again with, is it of higher quality than what those of us on this site who have been born again have (not to mention what the Galatians had)?
I have been Born Of The Spirit....how would you or I know this?

We have all been Born Again of the same seed have we not?
2. Because you no longer have the need to repent, do you have the fear of the Lord?

I have done my repenting , my sin has been forgiven by God, so, my question to you is, how can you be Born Again if you are still in sin and your sin hasn’t been forgiven by the “ Spirit Of God”

A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed....their spirit has been Born Again...so, why do you continue to repent of your sin?

The Holy Spirit can’t indwell a sinner?
3. Will you be judged by your opinions, or is their a truth that is above that we will be judged against?
I am Born Again therefore under grace....

Judged by my opinions...?

A Born Again is purely there for Gods purpose and plan...he uses us according to his will...

Do you actually understand what it means for our spirit to be Born Again?

If you think I’m superior than you, then I’m afraid I believe that is coming from your own insecurities....why would a Born Again to another Born Again ask that question in the first place, ?

We’re not on the same level of spiritual understanding are we?

Why would my level of understanding make me superior to anyone else....?

Like you I voice what I believe the word of God is saying and will continue to do so....we aren’t in a competition you know.

My opinions are based on what God’s word is saying to me as a Born Again, nothing can be proved either way...I believe the Spirit speaks through me...that is my opinion/ testimony and belief.

As I continue to grow and mature in Christ and focus only on God, more of his word is revealed to my spirit.

.i know nothing without the Spirit , he’s the one who does all the teaching....I have faith that is Alive and Active my Faith was a precious gift from God, which keeps on growing as it’s exercised.....

Faith must be exercised for it to grow...

Still I wait for answers from my questions to you?

Commentary.

We conduct ourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel” is all part of God's work in us, standing firm, not being intimidated, it's all a work of the Holy Spirit in us. People watch us, they see how we act, how we react, how we behave with other Born Again believers...This verse makes it clear that we are to stand and work together, not to criticize or argue but to learn and grow united, standing strong. We are all working towards the same goal, we may go about it in a different way but that God has made us all different, given us different abilities, callings, talents and gifts. We are one body so we all have our part to play and we can all learn something from each other because we all have our own experience of the same almighty, infinite God. We see that no-one knows it all.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rita,

I believe you, have a heart that believes fully in the good news. The death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Yeshua, who was seen by 500 going onwards into the clouds.Cnine:
I don’t know.

The only incorruptible seed that is know to me is, Yeshua, who came sent being the Word Of God made flesh, and was formed in Mary, with the spirit, the water and the blood, during the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit. He came to save his people from his sins; promised to be an offshoot of Jesse. Yeshua could be seen is the incorruptible seed, and people become became spiritually born again, learning to overcome by the spirit to the bondage of sin of the old man, and put it in the grave with the Jesus, and raise also again with him into newness of life. :crossword:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression from your posts that the "incorruptible seed" that you have been born again with is of a higher quality seed than what the Galatians had (Paul himself testified that they were born of the Spirit in Gal. 3:2) because they erred and Paul rebuked them;
I don’t know. There is a resurrection that is better than the rest, which is a higher quality spiritual body for those who continue to go for the prize like Paul mentioned in the letter to the Philippians. :no 1:
I know I have erred (sinned) and God by His Spirit rebuked and corrected me many times, and I know many others who, after having been born of the Spirit, have sinned (and repented). Yet, you have testified that and I quote:
That is great :vgood:
Anyone who gets you live in fear of your sin is not a good friend. Our sins were paid for on the cross for one time for all people. People will harp on sins constantly as though they do not fail in their own flesh from time to time. We get tired and frustrated, sexual tensions for some people out there, trauma, some people going through abuse, be it mental, physical or emotional, from rich people to poor people everyone has problems and the solution is founded on the Lord Yeshua, the one whom become our Master and teacher in how to live in this day in age, by the spirit. And not the fleshly ways, which are our earthly ways within our soul (mind/will/emotions/heart).:musicaln:

I only know of three resurrections,
The resurrection of condemnation,
The resurrection of life,
The resurrection that is better than the rest.

When it comes to people having a higher quality in their walk with Yahavah, I believe the people whom may have had the laws of God written in their mind and hearts and they were native to the tribes of Israel, there is what is mentioned in the Gospel called the “Bride of Christ”, I believe these people whom were taken up during the great tribulation and the armies gathered upon Israel they burned everything down including the Temple. You can read about it via Josephus.

This bride would be to me the holy, pure, blameless (even in front of the Law while in Christ) and lived very righteously to the point of tribulation, which they had been taken from and changed in an twinkling of the eye. While the wrath of God came down upon the nation, (12 Tribes) via the armies that started to tear and burn the whole nation, the whole world on fire.:rain?::My2c:
There are times when I do need to change my own mind, heart and direction. The fear of Yahavah though is the beginning of starting to make a bit more better choices: if so one chooses too.:doldrums:
3. Will you be judged by your opinions, or is there a truth that is above that we will be judged against?
I believe that it will come down to a judgement of, did you choose to have faith, and did you love.:woohoo!:

Thank you for the questions, @Laurina:stageright:

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Perfect Love cast out all fear....

1 John 4:18

King James Version

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is Born Of The Spirit, if it’s not Born Again of imperishable seed...we are Born Of The Spirit...the word of God is the Holy Spirit, he is the seed..so yes, they mean the same thing.

Great! :)

A higher quality seed than the Galatians...?

What has the Galatians got to do with me being Born Again?

The Galatians who were born of the Spirit (Gal 3:2) whom Paul called foolish, shows us that we too, born of the same Spirit as them, could likewise become foolish. And by not paying attention to history we could, and usually do, repeat the same follies.

I have been Born Of The Spirit....how would you or I know this?

We have all been Born Again of the same seed have we not?

I believe so! :)

I have done my repenting , my sin has been forgiven by God, so, my question to you is, how can you be Born Again if you are still in sin and your sin hasn’t been forgiven by the “ Spirit Of God”

I wouldn't say I'm "in" sin. I have repented and have experienced being cleansed from all unrighteousness. However, during my journey in this life I have erred at times, having been tempted, and have needed to repent, and the Lord is faithful and just and forgave me.

A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed....their spirit has been Born Again...so, why do you continue to repent of your sin?

The Holy Spirit can’t indwell a sinner?

I don't know about you, but I'm married and have been for nearly 37 years. There are times when I need to ask my husband to forgive me for times when I hurt his heart and/or disappoint him. Do I wake up in the morning and decide to hurt/disappoint my husband? Never!!! I love him, but that doesn't mean that I never need to ask for his forgiveness. Likewise with God.

I would say the Spirit is in me, but currently, I'm not IN the Spirit. Ashamedly, I am not "bringing forth much fruit" (John 15:5)
I have in the past experienced being IN the Spirit where everything shimmered. I am currently not experiencing that.

I am Born Again therefore under grace....

Judged by my opinions...?

From the posts I have read of yours, you seem to have many opinions, not all which I would say are Biblical.

A Born Again is purely there for Gods purpose and plan...he uses us according to his will...
Amen!
Do you actually understand what it means for our spirit to be Born Again?
... and our soul that needs to be saved? I believe I do! :)
If you think I’m superior than you,
I don't think so.
then I’m afraid I believe that is coming from your own insecurities....why would a Born Again to another Born Again ask that question in the first place, ?
because of how you present your opinions/beliefs. (I'm asking for clarification because perhaps I'm not understanding.)
We’re not on the same level of spiritual understanding are we?
I guess not!
Why would my level of understanding make me superior to anyone else....?
It doesn't.
Like you I voice what I believe the word of God is saying and will continue to do so....we aren’t in a competition you know.
Yes, I know.:)
My opinions are based on what God’s word is saying to me as a Born Again, nothing can be proved either way...I believe the Spirit speaks through me...that is my opinion/ testimony and belief.

As I continue to grow and mature in Christ and focus only on God, more of his word is revealed to my spirit.

.i know nothing without the Spirit , he’s the one who does all the teaching....I have faith that is Alive and Active my Faith was a precious gift from God, which keeps on growing as it’s exercised.....
And I leave you to Him and wish you all the best!
Faith must be exercised for it to grow...
I agree!
Still I wait for answers from my questions to you?
??
Commentary.

We conduct ourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel” is all part of God's work in us, standing firm, not being intimidated, it's all a work of the Holy Spirit in us. People watch us, they see how we act, how we react, how we behave with other Born Again believers...This verse makes it clear that we are to stand and work together, not to criticize or argue but to learn and grow united, standing strong. We are all working towards the same goal, we may go about it in a different way but that God has made us all different, given us different abilities, callings, talents and gifts. We are one body so we all have our part to play and we can all learn something from each other because we all have our own experience of the same almighty, infinite God. We see that no-one knows it all.
God bless you, Rita!
(Sorry my responses are taking so much time, I'm expecting a houseful of guests tonight for supper, so my attention is divided.)

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

1 John 4:18​

King James Version​

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
Acts 9:31
Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

1 John 4:18​

King James Version​

Prov. 9;10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Acts 9:31
Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
I ask again , what has this got to do with me as a Born Again?

I’ve asked you this question a few times Laurina.

What has the Galatians got to do with my “ spiritual “ walk with the Holy Spirit?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Prov. 9;10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
What type of fear?
Commentary.
For new believers and perhaps small children, we can introduce the idea of fearing God by explaining it's a kind of respect. We should respect God's power and authority, not because He's angry with us, but because we desire to please Him. This is called reverential fear.

Another opinion/ belief....God showed me something that I must stay away from....that was his word that he revealed to my heart......would I disobey his word, not on your nelly...I would “ fear” the consequences of my disobedience....that will never happen though......I don’t fear god in the sense that I know I can pour my heart out to him....I’ve even sworn at him as a new babe once.....I serve a Loving understanding Father who truly knows what’s in my heart..my opinion/ testimony and belief.

I have a “ real” Living relationship with God, via his Spirit.....God is Alive and Active..he’s not a book that you can contain.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great! :)

The Galatians who were born of the Spirit (Gal 3:2) whom Paul called foolish, shows us that we too, born of the same Spirit as them, could likewise become foolish. And by not paying attention to history we could, and usually do, repeat the same follies.

By not paying attention to history?

I only pay attention to the Holy Spirit?

Who is Alive in my heart/ spirit?

Only his Spirit can lead us through his word to understand it in the Spirit?

1 Peter​

1Pet.1​

[1] Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
[2] Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
[3] Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
[4] To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
[5] Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time
I believe so! :)

I wouldn't say I'm "in" sin. I have repented and have experienced being cleansed from all unrighteousness. However, during my journey in this life I have erred at times, having been tempted, and have needed to repent, and the Lord is faithful and just and forgave me.

You say you have been cleansed from all unrighteousness.

God says we must be “ Born Again “ to see the Kingdom of God....we must receive the Spirit of God into our heart....when we are “ Born Of The Spirit “?

Romans 8:10-11
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
I don't know about you, but I'm married and have been for nearly 37 years. There are times when I need to ask my husband to forgive me for times when I hurt his heart and/or disappoint him. Do I wake up in the morning and decide to hurt/disappoint my husband? Never!!! I love him, but that doesn't mean that I never need to ask for his forgiveness. Likewise with God.

I can understand you not wanting to hurt your husband....so would you deliberately hurt your husband, of course not....I still don’t see the need to ask for his forgiveness if you are as one?

Personally, I would say “ sorry” if I knowingly hurt anyone, as I’ve already posted Gods word....a Born Again does not continue to sin as they have been Born Again of imperishable seed, so saying sorry would be what I would do.

I would not ask for forgiveness.
I would say the Spirit is in me, but currently, I'm not IN the Spirit. Ashamedly, I am not "bringing forth much fruit" (John 15:5)
I have in the past experienced being IN the Spirit where everything shimmered. I am currently not experiencing that.

“ YOU” are not “ bringing forth much fruit” ......who prunes us to bear fruit?

How do you bring the fruit of the Spirit out of you?

How would you know how to do this?

Berean Literal Bible
Every branch not bearing fruit in Me, He takes it away; and every one bearing fruit, He prunes it that it may bear more fruit.

King James Bible
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

John

Previous Chapter

John.15​

[1] I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
[2] Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
[3] Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
[4] Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
[5] I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
From the posts I have read of yours, you seem to have many opinions, not all which I would say are biblical

Ok...so let’s discuss my opinions that aren’t biblical?

Please show me my opinions that aren’t biblical, then maybe I can quote the correct scripture.?

Maybe I can also do the same with your opinions that aren’t biblical.
... and our soul that needs to be saved? I believe I do! :)
Our spirit is already saved....when we are Born Of The Spirit.....?

We are Born Again and saved from eternal damnation....as Gods word says..only a Born Again will see the Kingdom of God....a Born Again belongs to God and are in his spiritual realm, which is the Kingdom Of God.

Ephesians 2:8-9​

King James Version​

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Then we start the sanctification process.....
I don't think so.

because of how you present your opinions/beliefs. (I'm asking for clarification because perhaps I'm not understanding.)

I guess not!

It doesn't.

Yes, I know.:)

And I leave you to Him and wish you all the best!

I agree!

??

God bless you, Rita!
(Sorry my responses are taking so much time, I'm expecting a houseful of guests tonight for supper, so my attention is divided.)
Ok....it’s good to discuss in a civilised manner, where imo there are no put downs.

I have much to learn, which I can only learn from the Holy Spirit.

I only look to “ Him” now for spiritual knowledge and guidance......I’m growing up in his teaching and not anyone else’s.....

I used to follow mans teachings...not any more....I’m not saying I don’t err at times, of course I’m sure I do....only God can point out my error to me....

Last edited: