Rapper DMX dies of alleged overdose; claims Jesus was his Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin cannot enter Heaven, neither does Jesus forgive those who are unwilling to forsake their sins.

I know this is an aside from the point of the thread, but I always believed Purgatory is that last chance to forsake sins in the otherwise faithful.

For instance, my wife turned me onto reading the Bible. Bless her. Sadly, one of her biggest challenges is recognizing the limits of her responsibility. She has recently adopted a saying to guard against this, "God's got this." Implied is her recognizing her attempt to fix what is for God to do. In many such attempts, she has made problems worse. Good intentions. Bad results.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18:21-23
King James Version

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

1 John 1:9
King James Version

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

atthew 12:20
A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

I do not see a time limit for these verses nor a total number!

If this DMX was born again, then He is in heaven. If he wasn't then He is not. That is not for you to decide but God only!

Matthew 18:21-23
King James Version

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

1 John 1:9
King James Version

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

atthew 12:20
A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

I do not see a time limit for these verses nor a total number!

If this DMX was born again, then He is in heaven. If he wasn't then He is not. That is not for you to decide but God only!

1 John 3
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you lie!

1 John 1:9 says acknowlede your sin and god will forgive and God will cleanse. Why are you so determined to wish to judge people? Someone can commit teh same sin multiple times daily. If they acknowledge it daily god forgives ( inour experience not for salvation) everytime and goes to work to cleanse that individual. Who are you to place a limit on Gods forgiveness or the teim God will take in a life to cleanse that person from sin?

YOu are walking dangerously close to playing god and that never works out well for anyone who tries! You do not know the heart of the individual. YOu do not know the struglles they may be going through . and given your pharasaical attitude, I wonder if you even know how deep the mercy and love of God runs.

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now go learn the grammar of teh verses you quote.

But before you respond any other time for anyother remark I make answer me this one question.

Do you believe that you are living a perfectly sinless life in thought word and deed 24/7 ?

Let me quote a verse you posted:

1 John 3
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Do you still commit any sins at all? Or are you believing you live a perfectly sinless life?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now go learn the grammar of teh verses you quote.

But before you respond any other time for anyother remark I make answer me this one question.

Do you believe that you are living a perfectly sinless life in thought word and deed 24/7 ?

Let me quote a verse you posted:

1 John 3

Do you still commit any sins at all? Or are you believing you live a perfectly sinless life?
The Saints of God may not be perfect, but they don’t commit sin.

Galatians 5
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Saints of God may not be perfect, but they don’t commit sin.

Galatians 5
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Time to end this. You will notr answer a simple3 question with a simple answer but love to muddy the waters with these hypocritical answers.

Have the last word. It is a waste of time to seek to have an honest debate with you

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time to end this. You will notr answer a simple3 question with a simple answer but love to muddy the waters with these hypocritical answers.

Have the last word. It is a waste of time to seek to have an honest debate with you
The Scriptures answer the question.

Numbers 15
27 And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.

28 And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the Lord, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

29 Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.

30 But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the Lord; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

31 Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do understand that Jesus is NOT teaching to not judge, but not to do it hypocritically? Would you be judging by not allowing a pedophile to watch your children?
How a mind that is supposed to be regenerate can compare allowing a pedophile to watch one's own children to consigning a person they don't even know to perdition is beyond me. Nice thread. Might as well have called it "Ding Dong, The Rapper's Dead."

Reactions: Jostler

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How a mind that is supposed to be regenerate can compare allowing a pedophile to watch one's own children to consigning a person they don't even know to perdition is beyond me. Nice thread. Might as well have called it "Ding Dong, The Rapper's Dead."
You completely missed it. The point was we all make judgments everyday, so Jesus was not teaching to not judge but rather don’t be a hypocrite. Would you allow a pedophile to watch your children? If not, you’re making a rational judgment.

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s no other kind.

Luke 6:46

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Yes ... backloading the gospel and failing to see the difference between salvation and discipleship.

While Lordship Salvation proponents might say "no works can get you saved", yet - they are constantly 'examining' other people's 'fruits' under the guise of 'evidence of salvation'.

The real problem lies with the persons making the accusation; if we are accusing someone of not being saved because we don't see 'fruit', it is normally because we have failed to disciple them, befriend them, encourage them, love them, and help them.

A sinner does not know how to submit to the Lordship of Christ. Saints, however, DO because they have been given power that the sinner does not have.

How much more simple can the gospel be?

"38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:38

"13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:13-14

This is a very simple message; believe or drink from Jesus, and we shall never thirst again (salvation). There is no discussion on "if you were really saved, you would show fruit and if you don't show fruit - therefore you must really be damned."

I'm not saying God's grace doesn't change someone; I'm saying we in Christianity are way to judgey of other people's Christian experience because they don't act like, look like, smell like, or talk like who we think a Christian should act, look, smell, or talk like. I'll even go out on this limb: 99.99% of the Christians I have met are under the: "wish I was holier" category.

Lordship Salvation brings confusion to the Gospel because it inserts works by confusing discipleship/salvation passages.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes ... backloading the gospel and failing to see the difference between salvation and discipleship.

While Lordship Salvation proponents might say "no works can get you saved", yet - they are constantly 'examining' other people's 'fruits' under the guise of 'evidence of salvation'.

The real problem lies with the persons making the accusation; if we are accusing someone of not being saved because we don't see 'fruit', it is normally because we have failed to disciple them, befriend them, encourage them, love them, and help them.

A sinner does not know how to submit to the Lordship of Christ. Saints, however, DO because they have been given power that the sinner does not have.

How much more simple can the gospel be?

"38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:38

"13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:13-14

This is a very simple message; believe or drink from Jesus, and we shall never thirst again (salvation). There is no discussion on "if you were really saved, you would show fruit and if you don't show fruit - therefore you must really be damned."

I'm not saying God's grace doesn't change someone; I'm saying we in Christianity are way to judgey of other people's Christian experience because they don't act like, look like, smell like, or talk like who we think a Christian should act, look, smell, or talk like. I'll even go out on this limb: 99.99% of the Christians I have met are under the: "wish I was holier" category.

Lordship Salvation brings confusion to the Gospel because it inserts works by confusing discipleship/salvation passages.

No confusion. Jesus saves to make one a disciple. Jesus does not save for one to remain in their sins. No fruit = the tree is cut down and cast in the fire.

Reactions: Wrangler
Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No confusion. Jesus saves to make one a disciple. Jesus does not save for one to remain in their sins. No fruit = the tree is cut down and cast in the fire.

So you would condemn someone to hell because they don't "look" like a Christian in your estimation? This is a precise question.

By the way, the fruit of John 15 - Jesus is speaking to the 11 *disciples*, *not* pretend believers. We know this from John 14:20 because He speaks there of the indwelling of Himself with them and they with Him. So, pretend believers are not in view in John 15.

Therefore, He is not saying that pretend believers who don't show fruit are cast into hell. Rather, as a reiteration of 1 Corinthians 3:15 (where there is mention of divine fire at the judgment seat of Christ) - those branches will pass through the fire and have no works to show for their lives. It will be a sudden, painful loss of rewards ... "15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." - 1 Corinthians 3:15

ALSO - In reference to your original quotation I believe of Matthew 7:16-29 (which may also be where you picked up the fruit/death analogy) - notice:

#1) The passage speaks of false prophets. Yes, by their fruit you shall know them: notice #2 below.

#2) The real reason why those who say 'Lord Lord' won't enter the kingdom is not because they are "phony" Christians (though I concede there are deliberate pretenders that may come in, this passage is not speaking to that). Instead, the real reason is notice what these 'false prophets' do: they *trust* in THEIR OWN works (Matthew 7:22). That's the reason they don't get in: they didn't believe in a NO WORKS GOSPEL. They believed that the fruits of true belief were actually the cause of their salvation ... they hadn't actually believed ...

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you would condemn someone to hell because they don't "look" like a Christian in your estimation? This is a precise question.

By the way, the fruit of John 15 - Jesus is speaking to the 11 *disciples*, *not* pretend believers. We know this from John 14:20 because He speaks there of the indwelling of Himself with them and they with Him. So, pretend believers are not in view in John 15.

Therefore, He is not saying that pretend believers who don't show fruit are cast into hell. Rather, as a reiteration of 1 Corinthians 3:15 (where there is mention of divine fire at the judgment seat of Christ) - those branches will pass through the fire and have no works to show for their lives. It will be a sudden, painful loss of rewards ... "15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." - 1 Corinthians 3:15

ALSO - In reference to your original quotation I believe of Matthew 7:16-29 (which may also be where you picked up the fruit/death analogy) - notice:

#1) The passage speaks of false prophets. Yes, by their fruit you shall know them: notice #2 below.

#2) The real reason why those who say 'Lord Lord' won't enter the kingdom is not because they are "phony" Christians (though I concede there are deliberate pretenders that may come in, this passage is not speaking to that). Instead, the real reason is notice what these 'false prophets' do: they *trust* in THEIR OWN works (Matthew 7:22). That's the reason they don't get in: they didn't believe in a NO WORKS GOSPEL. They believed that the fruits of true belief were actually the cause of their salvation ... they hadn't actually believed ...

I am posting from a cell phone, so my content is short and to the point. Walking in the Light is a requirement to remain saved, period. No fruit of holiness = no Salvation.

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am posting from a cell phone, so my content is short and to the point. Walking in the Light is a requirement to remain saved, period. No fruit of holiness = no Salvation.

Okay - so just to be clear - the act of walking in the light is a *requirement* for salvation?

So just to be double clear - you believe in a works gospel?

Reactions: Jostler

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay - so just to be clear - the act of walking in the light is a *requirement* for salvation?

So just to be double clear - you believe in a works gospel?
The Scriptures teach of the works of the Lord being walked out by the believer. The glory goes to God, for we are His workmanship.

Ephesians 2
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.