Rapture Day (Catching up of Believers) is very Near!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of your quoted scriptures say the Lord will take His people to heaven. Or anywhere else in the Bible.

Are you sure your read those passages?

Isaiah 26:19-21 (NKJV) Your dead shall live;
Together with my dead body they shall arise.
Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust;
For your dew is like the dew of herbs,
And the earth shall cast out the dead.
20 Come, my people, enter your chambers,
And shut your doors behind you;
Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment,
Until the indignation is past.
21 For behold, the Lord comes out of His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;

The earth will also disclose her blood,
And will no more cover her slain.

John 14:2-3 (NKJV) In My Father's house are many mansions [chambers]; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (NKJV) For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

While the exact wording you choose to use is not there, the concept is pretty clear from these passages. One cannot find "trinity" in the scripture also, but the concept is throughout the Bible. The passages above are all interlinked with each other. And the timing is shown in Isaiah as being before the Lord comes out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth.

And Isaiah ties into 2 Thessalonians 2:3. In every English translation prior to the KJV, and in the Latin Vulgate, the passage says "departure", not a falling away or "rebellion".

2 Thessalonians 2:3 (1599 Geneva Bible) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a departing first, and that that man of sin be disclosed, even the son of perdition.

Davy changed the text of that passage to "a falling away" in a previous post claiming he got it from BibleGateway and I was deceiving others. Here is a link to BibleGateway to confirm the version I posted from my Olive Tree software on 2 Thessalonians 2:3...

Bible Gateway passage: 2 Thessalonians 2:3 - 1599 Geneva Bible

And the context of the passage is laid out in Verse one....

2 Thessalonians 2:1 (1599 Geneva Bible) Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our assembling unto him,

2 Thessalonians 2:1 (NKJV) Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,

As many well known Greek Scholars, like one of the premier Greek Scholars of the 20th Century, Dr. Kenneth Wuest, along with W.E. Vine and many others have shown, apostasia in the passage of 2 Thessalonians 2:3 can only mean simply "departure". There has to be a definite subject to what is being departed from to make the claim that it means a departure from the faith, "falling away", or "rebellion". There is no such subject in the verse. So one, following proper hermeneutics, has to rely on the context of the passage, which is shown in verse one.... our gathering unto Him.

That the "departure" can be reasoned as a gathering unto him and occurring before the son of perdition / lawless one is revealed is further supported later in the same passage of 2 Thessalonians 2....

2 Thessalonians 2:7-8 (NKJV) For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

This all supports Isaiah 26 where the dead are raised and the Lord is telling his people to enter their chambers, the chambers that Yeshua (Jesus) claims He is preparing in His Father's house, which is heaven.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
While the exact wording you choose to use is not there, the concept is pretty clear from these passages.
I choose to use and believe the exact wording as Written in my Bible. Nowhere does the New Testament say anyone other that Jesus and the two witness will be taken to heaven.
Jesus Himself actually prays to God, asking Him to NOT do that. John 17:15 Who are you to ask, to demand; otherwise?

Re Isaiah 26:20-21; this is a warning to us to get under shelter during the forthcoming Day of fiery wrath. Verse 19, refers to the Great White Throne Judgment; AFTER the Millennium. Only then, is the dead raised, some to immortality, most to the Lake of fire.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I choose to use and believe the exact wording as Written in my Bible. Nowhere does the New Testament say anyone other that Jesus and the two witness will be taken to heaven.
Jesus Himself actually prays to God, asking Him to NOT do that. John 17:15 Who are you to ask, to demand; otherwise?

Re Isaiah 26:20-21; this is a warning to us to get under shelter during the forthcoming Day of fiery wrath. Verse 19, refers to the Great White Throne Judgment; AFTER the Millennium. Only then, is the dead raised, some to immortality, most to the Lake of fire.

Well, I guess you do not believe in the Bible as "Bible" is not mentioned. And you must not hold to the Doctrine of the Trinity, as "trinity" is not the in Bible. There are many solid theology positions that are not mentioned specifically by name in the Bible.

But do you hold to the "rapture" of the saints from the earth? While not in a English Bible, it is in the Latin Bible, from which we get our Anglicized word "rapture". So the rapture is technically in the Bible.

Isaiah 26:19-21 is placed in context in Isaiah 26:17, being in labor. Jeremiah 30:6-7 places that labor period as the time of Jacob's trouble, that there is no day like it, which is further amplified by Yeshua in Matthew 24 as the great tribulation.

What I showed are references to the gathering unto the Lord, and that happens before the man of sin is revealed. Since the Lord does not yet physically returned until later, the gathering unto Him has to be where He is. And His place is with the Father. Not really sure how it could be much clearer. Isaiah 26 definitely is showing a resurrection of the dead and the Lord's people are told to enter their chambers. Yeshua said that He is preparing those chambers in His Father's house. And Paul makes it quite clear that the resurrection of the dead is unto the Lord and that we who are alive when it happens will be gathered with them. And Paul also makes it quite clear that this departure will happen before the son of perdition / man of sin / antichrist is revealed.

Even the two witness of Revelation are resurrected and caught up to the Lord where He is. Those two are believers. And it happens well before the physical return of the Lord.

And Yeshua in John 17:15 was referring to His disciples that He was praying for. Those He had revealed the Father's Word to. They needed to stay where they were to spread that word.

John 17:14-15 (NKJV) I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.

Just like the key to real estate is location, location, location, the key to proper scripture hermeneutics is context, context, context. And in John 17, those Yeshua is asking the Father not to take out of this world is the ones who He directed gave the Father's word to... His disciples specifically. It does not apply to the ekklesia/church as a whole at a future time.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Just like the key to real estate is location, location, location, the key to proper scripture hermeneutics is context, context, context. And in John 17, those Yeshua is asking the Father not to take out of this world is the ones who He directed gave the Father's word to... His disciples specifically. It does not apply to the ekklesia/church as a whole at a future time.
John 17:20 It is not for these alone that I pray, but for those also who through their words put their faith in Me.
I understand how difficult it is for you and the many other Christians, to change your belief of a 'rapture to heaven'.
But at least read the prophecies and my posts that point out what God actually does plan for His people in the end times and realize that it IS all for our good and not for evil. The Lord promises great Blessings to all who stand firm in faith and trust in Him.
Just remember, when things start to happen- to; Call upon the Name of the Lord and you will be saved. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may not have all the pieces figured out, but you actually changed the text of the scripture of 2 Thessalonians 2:3 in a previous post while claiming I did. I then produced 3 different examples of the same text. One from Genevabible.org, another from a screen shot of a scanned copy of the 1560 Geneva Bible, and one from the BibleGateway site you claimed to have used along with a link direct to it for others to confirm, to prove that you had indeed changed the wording of the scripture to fit your narrative. So you sinned in changing the text of scripture itself, and you defamed my character and slandered me at the same time. You sinned and you have yet to acknowledge it.

And you have done it again in your comments above. That I am Bearing false witness and lying. For that to be true, implies willful intent to deceive. That is again slander and defamation. Like I said, I may not have all the pieces of the puzzle lined up right, as no one can make that claim since we are all imperfect, but that in no way means I have intentional malice to deceive others.

You sir, have absolutely no shame. You exhibit no evidence of the Holy Spriit. You have continued to violate the 9th commandment against a brother. If in fact you are a brother, of which you have generated a high level of doubt.

Well, it will obviously be a long, long... time before you figure out that your loved word "departure" is NOT in the New Testament Greek texts of 2 Thess.2!!!!

It is the Greek word 'apostasia', which means 'apostasy', to forsake.

2 Thess 2:3
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

KJV

NT:646
apostasia (ap-os-tas-ee'-ah); feminine of the same as NT:647; defection from truth (properly, the state) ["apostasy"]:
KJV - falling away, forsake.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

There's NO WAY that Greek word can mean a literal leaving on a jet plane like the ones you follow have duped you into believing! So your elaborate lies against me are just a bunch of hot air, and nothing more.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:20 It is not for these alone that I pray, but for those also who through their words put their faith in Me.
I understand how difficult it is for you and the many other Christians, to change your belief of a 'rapture to heaven'.

You left off the context yet again....

John 17:20-21 (NKJV ) I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Yeshua did not pray for the same thing for those that also believe in Him as He did previously for the disciples.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it will obviously be a long, long... time before you figure out that your loved word "departure" is NOT in the New Testament Greek texts of 2 Thess.2!!!!

It is the Greek word 'apostasia', which means 'apostasy', to forsake.

2 Thess 2:3
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

KJV

NT:646
apostasia (ap-os-tas-ee'-ah); feminine of the same as NT:647; defection from truth (properly, the state) ["apostasy"]:
KJV - falling away, forsake.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

There's NO WAY that Greek word can mean a literal leaving on a jet plane like the ones you follow have duped you into believing! So your elaborate lies against me are just a bunch of hot air, and nothing more.

Two Greek lexicon's list the primary meaning of apostasia as "defection" or "revolt," but also gives "departure" as a secondary meaning. Liddell and Scott's A Greek-English Lexicon provides an example from the 6th century A.D. and G. W. H. Lampe's A Patristic Greek Lexicon provides an example from The Assumption of the Virgin, a NT apocryphal work.

The first seven English translations of apostasia all rendered the noun as either "departure" or "departing." They are as follows: Wycliffe Bible (1384); Tyndale Bible (1526); Coverdale Bible (1535); Cranmer Bible (1539); Breeches Bible (1576); Beza Bible (1583); Geneva Bible (1560, 1599, and 1608) This supports the notion that the word truly means "departure." In fact, Jerome's Latin translation known as the Vulgate from around the time of a.d. 400 renders apostasia with the word discessio, meaning 'departure.' Why was the King James Version the first to depart from the established translation of "departure"? We may never know.

The definite article "the" denotes that this will be a unique event preceding the appearance of the Man of Sin. The Greek word apostasia used for "falling away," taken by itself, does not mean religious apostasy or defection. Neither does the word mean "to fall," as the Greeks have another word for that. [pipto, I fall; TDI] The best translation of the word is "to depart."

There have been many departures from the faith, clear back to Genesis 3. So departures from the faith are not front page news. So making a departure from the faith a unique, marked condition is not really a valid idea. The definite article "the" in the text "the departure" shows that this apostasia [departure] is a unique, one time in history event that will precede the revealing of the son of perdition. And the definite article "the" is used of the son of perdition also. Again, a singular, one time, unique person.

One of the best example of a departure from the faith is in the NT scripture itself....

Acts 19:26 (NKJV) Moreover you see and hear that not only at Ephesus, but throughout almost all Asia, this Paul has persuaded and turned away many people, saying that they are not gods which are made with hands.

2 Timothy 1:15 (NKJV) This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me, among whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

From a well known university.....

Let every Student be plainly instructed, and earnestly pressed to consider well, the maine end of his life and studies is, to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life (John 17:3) and therefore to lay Christ in the bottome, as the only foundation of all sound knowledge and Learning. And seeing the Lord only giveth wisedome, Let every one seriously set himself by prayer in secret to seeke it of him (Prov. 2:3).

Every one shall so exercise himselfe in reading the Scriptures twice a day, that he shall be ready to give such an account of his proficiency therein, both in Theoreticall observations of Language and Logick, and in practical and spiritual truths, as his Tutor shall require, according to his ability; seeing the entrance of the word giveth light, it giveth understanding to the simple (Psalm 119:130).

Sounds like a really good Bible College, but it is the creed from Harvard University in 1636. And it is quite clear that Harvard no longer adheres to that creed. As a educational institution, it has departed from the faith.

"falling away", "rebellions", "departures from the faith", etc are hardly unique occurrences. But Paul is laying out that "the" (unique and singular) departure is in view before "the" son of perdition is revealed.

And the context of 2 Thessalonians 2 is spelled out in the verses before it....

2 Thessalonians 2:1 (NKJV) Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,

The context is our departing to Him, not our departing from Him.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You left off the context yet again....

John 17:20-21 (NKJV ) I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Yeshua did not pray for the same thing for those that also believe in Him as He did previously for the disciples.
My REBible has a full stop between 1 John 17:20 and 21. This makes it an inclusive statement, covering all the followers of Jesus, then and now. [I do see that KJV has a semi-colon after verse 20, but then it starts verse 21 with a capital letter. You have disingenuously altered that]]
But you won't change your belief of a 'rapture', as that is too hard for you. My best suggestion is that you cease promoting that false theory and when you stand before the Lord, He will forgive you for believing that 'nice' fable. Teaching it, is another matter. James 3:1
The context is our departing to Him, not our departing from Him.
Yes; but it isn't to heaven, as you try to make out:
Proved by Matthew 24:30-31 When Jesus Returns to the earth, He will send out His angels to gather His people to Him.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My REBible has a full stop between 1 John 17:20 and 21. This makes it an inclusive statement, covering all the followers of Jesus, then and now. [I do see that KJV has a semi-colon after verse 20, but then it starts verse 21 with a capital letter. You have disingenuously altered that]]

ahh, be careful! You are making an accusation that implies willful intent to deceive. Not a good thing there, man. And accusation that you cannot prove is a violation of the 9th commandment.

What I posted was a direct copy and paste from the NKJV. I don't need to alter anything. And how the KJV comes into this, not sure why you decided to go that route.

John 17:20-21 (NKJV) I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

There we go. Verbatium what I posted previously. Another direct copy and paste from my Olive Tree Bible Software program on my laptop.

I am not really concerned about what you think I ought or not ought to do. At least I am not defaming anyone for any other position like you and Davy are. While I may not have all the details right, that is not a willful, intentional sin or even a sin at all. But accusing others of deception implies malice and willful intent, and without solid proof of that intent... well, that is bearing false witness against a brother. And that is categorically a major sin. Your pride in proving to be right on this issue is leading you to sin.

I never will understand how eschatology, not a condition of salvation, can lead some to blatantly and maliciously attack others with whom they disagree. We will disagree as not everyone sees things the exact same way, but that doesn't give license to defame others with whom we disagree.

I will say one thing about the pre-trib haters camp. Y'all are consistent in your hatred of the people who might hold the pre-trib position. Maybe more so than the position itself. But it is exposing a weakness of character.

Have a great day!
Cliff

Last edited:

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes; but it isn't to heaven, as you try to make out:
Proved by Matthew 24:30-31 When Jesus Returns to the earth, He will send out His angels to gather His people to Him.

I am not convinced that it is speaking of the ekklessia / church. There are ample passages in both OT and NT that show the redeemed are removed prior to the great calamities. But there will be those who, because of that removal and what is coming upon the earth, wake up and turn to the Messiah. And the physical Hebrew people are still in view, and Isaiah calls them the elect, which they are.

Actually, the Lord will gather all the nations before Him and judge them.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Greek lexicon's list the primary meaning of apostasia as "defection" or "revolt," but also gives "departure" as a secondary meaning.

Just the fact that it used those words 'defection' and 'revolt' should have given you a clear picture of how Greek apostasia is meant. To defect or revolt doesn't mean to physically depart like going somewhere, which is how the pre-trib rapture school has wrongly taught you to interpret that 2 Thess.2:3 Greek word apostasia.

Your support for the 'departure' idea as a rapture of the Church is not YOUR idea. You did not come up with it. The leaders of man's pre-trib rapture doctrine came up with that theory.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
John 17:20-21 (NKJV) I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
I thought you used the KJV or the NKJV, as that Bible version does tend to suit 'rapture' believers.
But no Bible actually says the Lord will take His Church to heaven, at any time and to make out that John 15:17 doesn't apply to Christians today, IS a manipulation of scripture. A normal, unbiased reading of John 17:13-21, is that it applies to every Christian.

There are ample passages in both OT and NT that show the redeemed are removed prior to the great calamities.
This is wrong and unsupportable from the Bible.
What there IS plenty of scripture about, is how we must stand firm in our faith, through all that must come. Matthew 24:13, 1 Corinthians 10:13, Revelation 13:10
1 Peter 4:12, Luke 21:35 say the fiery trial will come upon everyone.

I do not 'blatantly and maliciously' attack you, I strongly refute the 'rapture to heaven' belief, because of my concern for you and all who have wrong beliefs about God's plans for His people during the forthcoming end time events.

Re; 2 Thessalonians 2:3. This verse plainly refers to the final rebellion against God by Satan and all the people he has deceived.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
"Copperhead said:
Two Greek lexicon's list the primary meaning of apostasia as "defection" or "revolt," but also gives "departure" as a secondary meaning."

Yes departure from the truth not the earth.

Reactions: Keraz

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
And if you keep reading you will see,or should see exactly why it's from the truth.

II Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness [deceit] of unrighteousness in [for] them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth,"

God is writing this letter to us personally, and we are responsible for understanding it. We are accountable to God to give answer for our actions. It is you and I, individually, that will stand before God and give our personal answer for the personal handling of His Word. There will be no preacher, friend or family member with you on that judgment day, for they will all be explaining and accounting for their own words and actions. If your pastor is one of the false shepherds, and led many saints astray, his ignorance won't help him or you.

This is something we must think about, our souls are at stake here.

II Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion [send them a working of error], that they should a lie;"

If you want to believe a lie, God will allow it; in fact he will help you into the system of deceptions Satan will bring on the earth. Do you really think God will come here and personally show you, and talk to you when you refuse to believe His Word, when He gave it in such detail through the prophets and His Son. If you desire to believe that your going to fly out of here, and refuse His word, He will so block your mind that you will not be capable of understanding truth. God will send the "strong delusion" over your mind. The strong delusion is an act of love given by God for your protection.

II Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned [judged] who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

This is the reason for the "strong delusion" of verse eleven; "That they might be damned", it would be more accurately translated "condemned". Condemned for not believing the truth in God's Word when given to them. They had the warning, but still followed Satan, and partook in his religious system.

"Pleasure in unrighteousness" is not referring to drunken brawls, or whore houses, but it is a continuation of the subject here at hand. That subject is "worshipping the Antichrist [Satan] as the true Christ." You will take pleasure in that damnable sin; that unrighteous act will be done in your total ignorance. It's easy to say "I'm saved", but saved from what? The subject here has changed from that of verse eight, to "being damned through deception." The traditions of men will change this subject, from "being deceived by Satan, and enjoying it" to petty activities of the day.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes departure from the truth not the earth.

Please show us in the Greek of 2 Thessalonians 2:3 what is being departed from. It isn't there. To assert that the faith, truth, etc is what is being departed from in interjecting ones interpretation and world view in the text and not solely translation.

Even the verb form of apostosia, aphistemi, in the 15 times it is used in the NT, it only refers to a departure from the faith or truth 3 times. In over 75% of the time it refers to a physical, spacial, distance departure.

Apostosia is used twice. And only in Acts 21:21 does it say what is being departed from.... the Torah / Moses. In 2 Thessalonians 2:3, it does not say what is being departed from, so we have to rely on the context. The specific context talks of our gathering unto the Lord in verse 1. The overall context of both Letters to the Thessalonians never addresses a departure from the faith. It is two of Paul's earliest letters. Only in his latter letters, especially his pastoral letters at the end of his life, does he focus on a turning away from the faith.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something we must think about, our souls are at stake here.

II Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion [send them a working of error], that they should a lie;"

Focus on the words..... "them" "they". It is referring to those who are not believers. it has nothing to do with believers.

To impose that passage on the church to support a defection from the truth idea is not within the context of the passage. it is speaking of those outside the body. It has its focus on those who are perishing already.....

2 Thessalonians 2:10 (NKJV) and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Again, context, context, context.

And eschatology is not the truth that saves. Only the truth of who the Messiah is and placing ones trust in Him is what saves. How one categorizes the events of the end times is not a condition of justification / salvation.

Again, Paul never raises or discusses a defection from the truth, a revolt from the truth, a rebellion from the truth, or a falling away by believers in both letters to the Thessalonians.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I and many theologians and expositors disagree.
You and many 'wise' people are wrong and Jesus says why: Father You hide these things from the wise and reveal them to the simple. Matthew 11:25

I know the Bible as well as anyone and I have yet to see any scripture that says; the Lord will remove anyone to heaven. The ONLY exception is the 2 Witnesses and they are killed first.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perry Stone Prophecy Says "THE COMING OF THE CHRIST WILL HAPPEN SOON!"
11-06-19, 12:21 PM
Google==== Perry Stone Prophecy | November 03, 2019 | "THE COMING OF THE CHRIST WILL HAPPEN SOON!"

Don't be left behind!!!

I know people can read and are not idiots, so it continues to surprise me that people will take scriptures out of context to prove their doctrines.
Rapture Day?

I always figured that the Rapture/Jesus' Return would happen in conjunction with a Rosh Hashanah [Feast of Trumpets],* most likely on a Year of Jubilee.** IIUC, the dates for the years of Jubilee are lost.

*That connection was made during Paul's time.

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven
  • with a shout,
  • with the voice of an archangel, and
  • with the trumpet of God.
And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 NKJV

**"Jubilee" means "trumpet-blast."

If you read 1 Thessalonians 4: 13-17 you'll see a Rapture isn't being discussed, but instead a resurrection is being discussed. These scriptures show us that if we have faith that Jesus died and rose again (resurrection) then those who have fallen asleep in death and have been sleeping in death for thousands of years and who will be in heaven with Jesus will be resurrected first. Then those Christian's who are still living on Earth and will be in heaven with Jesus when they die at the moment of their death will be changed in the twinkling of an eye. This means the Christian's being discussed don't have to wait or sleep in death like the previous ones who died before the second return of Jesus but are instantly resurrected at the moment of their death. You see how that stays in context of what is being discussed, meaning the resurrection. The context of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 is the resurrection, we must keep scripture in context.