RAPTURE QUESTIONS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You read over 60 books on 1 subject. WOW! You are somethin alright. Ive only read 2 books my whole life. The Babe Ruth story and the Bible. And today is 7/14. WOW! What A coincidence.

1 JOHN 2 [26] These things have I written unto you CONCERNING THEM THAT SEDUCE YOU. [27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, AND YE NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
:confused::eek::oops:o_O

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have taken a couple of verses and put your own take on them. That is proof-texting where you can make any verse say what you want it to say.

In order to be specific you need to point out what scripture verses i put my own take on

ECCLESIASTES 12 [10] The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth. [11] The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. [12] And further, by these, my son, be admonished: OF MAKING MANY BOOKS THERE IS NO END; AND MUCH STUDY IS A WEARINESS OF THE FLESH. [13] LET US HEAR THE CONCLUSION OF THE WHOLE MATTER: FEAR GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: FOR THIS IS THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN. [14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In order to be specific you need to point out what scripture verses i put my own take on

ECCLESIASTES 12 [10] The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth. [11] The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. [12] And further, by these, my son, be admonished: OF MAKING MANY BOOKS THERE IS NO END; AND MUCH STUDY IS A WEARINESS OF THE FLESH. [13] LET US HEAR THE CONCLUSION OF THE WHOLE MATTER: FEAR GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: FOR THIS IS THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN. [14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

More proof-texting.:(:(:(:(:(

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More proof-texting.:(:(:(:(:(

What you call proof texting i call scripture

2 TIM. 4 [2] PREACH THE WORD; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, EXHORT WITH ALL LONGSUFFERING AND DOCTRINE. [3] For THE TIME WILL COME when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What you call proof texting i call scripture

2 TIM. 4 [2] PREACH THE WORD; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, EXHORT WITH ALL LONGSUFFERING AND DOCTRINE. [3] For THE TIME WILL COME when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Of course you do that is why all you ever do is proof-text which means that what you claim has very little authority as I can come up with a different meaning on the basis of proof-texting.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you do that is why all you ever do is proof-text

Thanks. I truley do try to keep with scripture. The "many" dont ya know.

MATT.24 [4] And Jesus answered and said unto them, TAKE HEED THAT NO MAN DECEIVE YOU.[5] For MANY SHALL COME IN MY NAME, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks. I truley do try to keep with scripture. The "many" dont ya know.

MATT.24 [4] And Jesus answered and said unto them, TAKE HEED THAT NO MAN DECEIVE YOU.[5] For MANY SHALL COME IN MY NAME, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many

I give the award for the most proof texts in a day to bownquiver who had exceeded expectation to destroying the meaning of scripture.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my next question

1COR.15 [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] BEHOLD, I SHEW YOU A MYSTERY; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMP: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

scripture says that the “rapture” occurs as the LAST TRUMPET is blown. The LAST one.

MATTHEW 24 [29]IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Here we find a trumpet being blown after the tribulation period. You cannot have the LAST TRUMPET being blown before the tribulation or at mid tribulation if a trumpet is being blown AFTER the tribulation. Could any of you Rapturist explain?

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For quoting scripture? Never. So explain to me the "LAST TRUMPET". You can exegesis it all you want

I am not going to do your homework for you. If I want to find out something I do my own research, not ask others to do it for me. It is not my thing to encourage people to be lazy. The scriptures do not say "get someone to search the scriptures for you." It tells you to search the scriptures.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to do your homework for you. If I want to find out something I do my own research, not ask others to do it for me. It is not my thing to encourage people to be lazy. The scriptures do not say "get someone to search the scriptures for you." It tells you to search the scriptures.

Yeah! Search the scriptures. It does not say to search 60 or so books written by man to get your answers. Finally..... we agree on something. Do you remember what Bible college Peter attended?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we are to be like the Bereans, but Scripture also says to give a reason to those who asks. 1 Peter 3:14-16.

To God Be The Glory

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah! Search the scriptures. It does not say to search 60 or so books written by man to get your answers. Finally..... we agree on something. Do you remember what Bible college Peter attended?

)(*&&*&%&^%%^$%#$^^&()

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PSALM 110 [1] The LORD said unto my Lord, SIT THOU AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE THINE ENEMIES THY FOOTSTOOL. [2] The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. [3] Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. [4] The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. [5] The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in THE DAY OF HIS WRATH.

Well, ya see what the scripture says. Jesus will be at the right hand of God UNTIL His enemies are His footstool. Jesus is still there {at the fathers right hand} UNTIL His day of wrath. The Day of the Lord.

ZEPHANIAH 1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. [15] THAT DAY IS A DAY OF WRATH, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, [16] A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. [17] And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. [18] Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in THE DAY OF THE LORD'S WRATH; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Yup. His day of wrath IS the Day of the Lord. Will Jesus sneak away from the Fathers right hand 7 years before the Day of the Lord and bring us to heaven as the Rapturist claim. Or will scripture come to pass only as written?
God on the throne will come down at the exact moment God planned out. God will bring the Lamb along. Since the tribulation seems to be in full blast, and going to get worse each day, it does not matter what folks down here think or believe. No one knows when it is going to happen period! Not even Paul when he claims the last Trump. Unless Paul heard that the last potus was named Trump, and not knowing the word president, he just said Trump. Yes a trumpet will sound at the time of the last Trump. Now if Trump looses the election, he is still here until December.

Reactions: Rocky Wiley

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
God on the throne will come down at the exact moment God planned out. God will bring the Lamb along. Since the tribulation seems to be in full blast, and going to get worse each day, it does not matter what folks down here think or believe. No one knows when it is going to happen period! Not even Paul when he claims the last Trump. Unless Paul heard that the last potus was named Trump, and not knowing the word president, he just said Trump. Yes a trumpet will sound at the time of the last Trump. Now if Trump looses the election, he is still here until December.

The tribulation happened during the end of the age of 'Law'.

Jesus will reign until the end of grace.

At the end of this final age:
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

No harm will come to the children of God, only to the wicked.