Reading too far into the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ps77

Nov 3, 2007
I've seen people take the original languages of the Bible, and interpret in what tense they were in, and base theories on that.I mean, some of these writers could've sucked at writing, and maybe wrote something down in the wrong tense and that's leading people astray today.The other side to that is, back then, I'm assuming if you wrote (at all, let alone to be good enough to be writing books), you must be fairly stable at writing in your own language.So should we so strictly base theories on small passages of scripture?Or is it fair game?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
ps77
I mean, some of these writers could've sucked at writing, and maybe wrote something down in the wrong tense and that's leading people astray today.
Hello ps77,being that the Bible is the inspired Word of God I don't think the writters could have sucked,and even if they could'nt write well, I feel that God would have made it right,you must remember these writters wrote with the help of the Holy Spirit.
So should we so strictly base theories on small passages of scripture?Or is it fair game?
I don't feel that any passage of scripture is theory,when read in it's proper context,meaning rightly divided

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Agree N2ps77 there is no such thing Gods word is like an onion with layer upon layer of teaching it was designed like that it interprets itself its only when men form opinions without understanding the deeper levels of teaching that most problems seem to be found. Like many churches today that have little to no understanding of how rightly divide the word and read the original language. The bible interprets itself the more you learn the more you understand this.Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures if all scripture were just easy in the plain open text why would this have been necessary??Example: there is a religion that worships rattle snakes saying that if you are truly filled with the holy spirit the snake wont bite you.That is a good example of how these fools don't understand that the serpent in the Bible is describing Satan's behavior not a literal snake. We use the same term today when we don't trust a sneaky dishonest person, we might say he's a snake in the grass we are talking his personality characteristics not a literal snake

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
Has anyone ever stopped to think that the original people and their many generations after them were already smarter than the smartest we have today,and that gradually thru time they got dumber due to sin and their persuit of the flesh rather than the persuit of the Spirit.There is plenty of evidence they were more intellegent than our most intelegent today,but they were smart enough to use what God gave them rather than figure it all out on their own.Ever stop to think our interest in science is promoted by Satan to keep us from truly understanding what God is offering.Look at it this way,the more we learn from science the more we prove God right but Satan wants us to believe we are proving God wrong.Just a few thoughts God has put into my head.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
RobinD69Try this verseDaniel 12:4 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."