Real Faith.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Correct doctrine is very important, it says that if you watch your doctrine and your life closely (Which I think means, how you live) You will save yourself and your hearers.

1 Timothy 4:16 (NIV)
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

So, look at what you believe, before you believe it. Look at yourself, before you do it.

If faith in Jesus saves us, and that faith is built on his words, his actions. Then doesn't it seem prudent to watch how we believe in his words and how we copy his actions.

If we are believing in his words wrong and copying his actions wrong, then what saves us.

The thought of him?

I don't think that's real faith.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If faith in Jesus saves us, and that faith is built on his words, his actions. Then doesn't it seem prudent to watch how we believe in his words and how we copy his actions.

so how do you copy His actions? and just what actions of Jesus Christ do you say are to be copied?

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[QmeUOTE="DPMartin, post: 353340, member: 6146"]so how do you copy His actions? and just what actions of Jesus Christ do you say are to be copied?[/QUOTE]
I don't need to tell you that, you understand how Jesus acted. It's emulating the same mindset, and behavior.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need to tell you that, you understand how Jesus acted. It's emulating the same mindset, and behavior.

which is what? you're talking the talk, you even started the thread, what are the particulars? just how did Jesus act, that you say we should copy?

and just what mindset and behavior is that you are talking about anyway?

Reactions: Armadillo

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so how do you copy His actions? and just what actions of Jesus Christ do you say are to be copied?
Why dont you know? Its simple. Live the life He did. Set the captives free. lay hands on the sick raise the dead. Just like your told to do. Feed the hungry etc.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
which is what? you're talking the talk, you even started the thread, what are the particulars? just how did Jesus act, that you say we should copy?

and just what mindset and behavior is that you are talking about anyway?
You also are looking like you walk the walk and are waiting for him to say one word wrong so you can jump all over him just like Jesus did?
You have a horrible horrible manner in which you talk to brothers. This is why I need to ask you if you have given your live to Jesus or are you searching for Him? It really looks like you have a head full of knowleadge but dont actully know Him.