Really, the pope said that?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump-hating Pope now wants to baptize transgenders if it doesn't cause scandal?
1f609.png
You have got to be kidding!

• Wow
Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump-hating Pope now wants to baptize transgenders if it doesn't cause scandal?
1f609.png
You have got to be kidding!
With this Pope,not all that surprising. He's an Ecumenist after all.

The MSN you linked didn't work for me so I copied this.

Pope Defends LGBTQ Blessings, Points Out ‘Hypocrisy’

Pope Defends , LGBTQ Blessings, , Points Out 'Hypocrisy'. In a recent interview, Pope Francis said he sees "hypocrisy" in criticism of the Vatican's recent decision to allow priests to bless same-sex couples. In a recent interview, Pope Francis said he sees "hypocrisy" in criticism of the Vatican's recent decision to allow priests to bless same-sex couples. NBC reports that the pope's comments come as the pontiff's strongest-worded defense of the decision. . Last month, the Vatican granted authority to priests to offer LGBTQ blessings, however the decision has been met with resistance within the church. Nobody gets scandalized if I give my blessings to a businessman who perhaps exploits people, and this is a very grave sin. But they get scandalized if I give them to a homosexual, Pope Francis, via 'Credere'. This is hypocrisy, Pope Francis, via 'Credere'. However, conservatives have decried the decision, which they say undermines the church's moral teachings. While acknowledging the pushback, the pope has defended the decision and stressed that blessings are not the same as approval of same-sex unions. When a couple comes forward spontaneously to ask for them, one does not bless the union, but simply the people who together have requested it. Not the union, but the persons, Pope Francis, via NBC. In another recent interview, Francis expressed hope that critics will eventually come to understand and accept the decision. . NBC points out that bishops across much of Africa, where some countries carry severe punishments for homosexuality, have outright rejected the Vatican's decision.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pope Defends , LGBTQ Blessings, , Points Out 'Hypocrisy'. In a recent interview, Pope Francis said he sees "hypocrisy" in criticism of the Vatican's recent decision to allow priests to bless same-sex couples. In a recent interview, Pope Francis said he sees "hypocrisy" in criticism of the Vatican's recent decision to allow priests to bless same-sex couples. NBC reports that the pope's comments come as the pontiff's strongest-worded defense of the decision. . Last month, the Vatican granted authority to priests to offer LGBTQ blessings, however the decision has been met with resistance within the church. Nobody gets scandalized if I give my blessings to a businessman who perhaps exploits people, and this is a very grave sin. But they get scandalized if I give them to a homosexual, Pope Francis, via 'Credere'. This is hypocrisy, Pope Francis, via 'Credere'. However, conservatives have decried the decision, which they say undermines the church's moral teachings. While acknowledging the pushback, the pope has defended the decision and stressed that blessings are not the same as approval of same-sex unions. When a couple comes forward spontaneously to ask for them, one does not bless the union, but simply the people who together have requested it. Not the union, but the persons, Pope Francis, via NBC. In another recent interview, Francis expressed hope that critics will eventually come to understand and accept the decision. . NBC points out that bishops across much of Africa, where some countries carry severe punishments for homosexuality, have outright rejected the Vatican's decision.
Ahh, but he is a Jesuit, so he says one thing then 'backtracks' and says another way or denies it altogether, got to be on your guard with his sayings...

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh, but he is a Jesuit, so he says one thing then 'backtracks' and says another way or denies it altogether, got to be on your guard with his sayings...
I know he's Jesuit. The first in RCC history to be selected as Pope.

There's a reason behind that too. The Papacy and CoC are the foremost syndicate in the world.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks for doing that! Yes, it's amazing that as intelligent as Francis is, he foolishly compares blessing a corrupt businessman with blessing a sexually-corrupt Catholic. The dumbest among us can see that nobody should bless anybody who openly professes to be corrupt, money-wise or sexual-wise!

We might bless people who are privately corrupt for things that they do publicly when it is plain that they are not parading their corruption as a "right." But the moment someone publicizes their corruption and advocates for that corruption they should not be blessed, or the one who blesses will be found agreeing to the corruption.

Bad Pope! I don't think he's really stupid, obviously--just compromised. He's a people pleaser and a corrupt church builder. He's more interested in quantity than quality, in popularity than the shame of the Cross.

ARTICLE

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for doing that! Yes, it's amazing that as intelligent as Francis is, he foolishly compares blessing a corrupt businessman with blessing a sexually-corrupt Catholic. The dumbest among us can see that nobody should bless anybody who openly professes to be corrupt, money-wise or sexual-wise!

We might bless people who are privately corrupt for things that they do publicly when it is plain that they are not parading their corruption as a "right." But the moment someone publicizes their corruption and advocates for that corruption they should not be blessed, or the one who blesses will be found agreeing to the corruption.

Bad Pope! I don't think he's really stupid, obviously--just compromised. He's a people pleaser and a corrupt church builder. He's more interested in quantity than quality, in popularity than the shame of the Cross.

ARTICLE
Of course he's corrupt. He's a dictator of the smallest sovereign state in Europe and the world.
He's a political figure who rules the largest population of billions state "citizens", members of the RCC. The foremost citizenry world wide.

The dark forces that rule the world have a reason for inducing him to compromise Biblical standards, I'm sure. It's a shame really.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course he's corrupt. He's a dictator of one of the smallest sovereign state in Europe and the world.
He's a political figure who rules the largest population of billions state "citizens", members of the RCC. The foremost citizenry world wide.

The dark forces that rule the world have a reason for inducing him to compromise Biblical standards, I'm sure. It's a shame really.
I guess "hope springs eternal." Perhaps I'm too naive?

I think the structure, the tradition, and some of the doctrine has been corrupted for many years. And yet many good Christians were raised up in this tradition, despite this corruption, and perhaps many have remained, naively, in this tradition?

A friend of mine was raised Catholic, and departed from it to some degree. Still he was invited to lead the music in a service/Mass, which I helped him with. Nothing un-Christian about it, but beneath it all is still this Catholic-supremacy conviction, along with all of the Catholic myths and superstitions. I think it may have been like Paul, a Christian, attending a Jewish Synagogue in order to evangelize those who *should* know about Jesus?

I can't say. I was raised in opposition to the RCC tradition. I'm biased. I was raised Protestant.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess "hope springs eternal." Perhaps I'm too naive?

I think the structure, the tradition, and some of the doctrine has been corrupted for many years. And yet many good Christians were raised up in this tradition, despite this corruption, and perhaps many have remained, naively, in this tradition?

A friend of mine was raised Catholic, and departed from it to some degree. Still he was invited to lead the music in a service/Mass, which I helped him with. Nothing un-Christian about it, but beneath it all is still this Catholic-supremacy conviction, along with all of the Catholic myths and superstitions.

I can't say. I was raised in opposition to the RCC tradition. I'm biased. I was raised Protestant.
I too was raised Protestant.

Catholic, according to scripture refers to the universal truth of the Gospel.

Whereas the RCC corrupted the truth of God in Christ. The founders,including pagan emperor Constantine who only truly converted to the faith on his deathbed, arranged a doctrine that would make veneration of their church commensurate with worship of Christ.

The amalgamation of paganism and the teachings of Christ is abomination. And unless God calls his Elect out of that pit, Constantine and every Pope in history is responsible for untold numbers of souls being lost in their damnation.