Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false (Despite my love for them as human beings)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is infinite and a claim (finite), there isn’t infinite. Infinite means no finite. Meaning is finite.

No one’s assuming or reading into anything. Belief is also finite.
Phil, I posted the definition thus your logic is contradicting. " Infinite means no finite. Meaning is finite."

1671904437800.png1671904642844.png1671904941665.png1671904690693.png1671904799168.png1671904975167.png1671904856634.png1671905423057.png1671905039718.png1671905365559.png

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again only points to no individual ever having been born. The actuality is not the idea of.
The last thing you would ever want is to be born again.
Most Relevant Verses
John 3:3
Verse Concepts
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

John 3:5
Verse Concepts
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 10:9
Verse Concepts
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

1 Peter 1:3
Verse Concepts
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

2 Corinthians 5:17
Verse Concepts
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Romans 6:3
Verse Concepts
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

1 Peter 1:23
Verse Concepts
for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.

Romans 6:23
Verse Concepts
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Galatians 3:26
Verse Concepts
For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

John 3:6
Verse Concepts
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Titus 3:5
Verse Concepts
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

Romans 10:9-10
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Genesis 2:7
Verse Concepts
Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

John 3:3-7
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.read more.
John 3:8
Verse Concepts
The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Ephesians 2:1
Verse Concepts
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,

Colossians 2:13
Verse Concepts
When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,

John 3:1-10
Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”read more.
John 3:16
Verse Concepts
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

1 Peter 3:21
Verse Concepts
Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you—not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

James 1:18
Verse Concepts
In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures.

1 Corinthians 2:14
Verse Concepts
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

1 Peter 1:22-25
Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart, for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God. For,
“All flesh is like grass,
And all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers,
And the flower falls off,
read more.
John 1:12
Verse Concepts
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

John 6:44
Verse Concepts
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

Romans 6:4
Verse Concepts
Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

Colossians 2:12
Verse Concepts
having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.

Romans 8:9
Verse Concepts
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

John 1:13
Verse Concepts
who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Colossians 2:11
Verse Concepts
and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;

Source: 32 Bible verses about Being Born Again

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phil, I posted the definition thus your logic is contradicting. " Infinite means no finite. Meaning is finite.
There’s is no ‘your logic’, and therein there is no contradiction. ‘Your logic’, whatever that means, is meaning and is finite, and infinite means no finite.

Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The infinite nature of God simply means that God exists outside of and is not limited by time or space. Infinite simply means “without limits.” When we refer to God as "infinite," we generally refer to Him with terms like omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence. What does it mean that God is infinite? | GotQuestions.org

"The infinite, as the word indicates, is that which has no end, no limit, no boundary, and therefore cannot be measured by a finite standard, however often applied; it is that which cannot be attained by successive addition, not exhausted by successive subtraction of finite quantities. Though in itself a negative term, infinity has a very positive meaning. Since it denies all bounds — which are themselves negations — it is a double negation, hence an affirmation, and expresses positively the highest unsurpassable reality. Like the concepts of quantity, limit, boundary, the term infinity applies primarily to space and time, but not exclusively, as Schopenhauer maintains. In a derived meaning it may be applied to every kind of perfection: wisdom, beauty, power, the fullness of being itself.

The infinity of God
The actual infinity of God in every respect is Catholic dogma. In accordance with the Holy Bible (1 Kings 8:27; Psalm 144:3; 146:5; Sirach 43:29 sqq., Luke 1:37, etc.) and unanimous tradition, the Vatican Council at its Third Session (cap. i) declared God to be almighty, eternal, immense, incomprehensible, infinite in intellect and will and every perfection, really and essentially distinct from the world, infinitely blessed in Himself and through Himself, and inexpressibly above all things that can exist and be thought of besides Him. The infinity of God can also be proved from philosophy. God is the self-existing, uncreated Being whose entire explanation must be in Himself, in Whom there can be no trace of chance; but it would be mere chance if God possessed only a finite degree of perfection, for however high that degree might be, everything in the uncreated Being — His perfections, His individuality, His personality — admit the possibility of His possessing a still higher degree of entirety. From outside Himself, God cannot be limited, because, being uncreated, He is absolutely independent of external causes and conditions. Limitation would be chance; the more so because we can maintain not only that any given finite degree of perfection may be surpassed, but also, in a positive way, that an infinite being is possible. Moreover, if God were finite, the existence of other gods, His equals or even His superiors in perfection would be possible, and it would be mere chance if the y did not exist. Of such gods, no trace can be found, while on the other hand, God's infinity is suggested by various data of experience, and in particular by our unbounded longing after knowledge and happiness. The more man a man is, and the more he follows his best thoughts and impulses, the less he is satisfied with merely finite cognitions and pleasures. That the essential cravings of our nature are not deceptive, is demonstrated at once by experience and speculation.

From the infinity of God it is easy to deduce all His perfections: His unity, simplicity, immutability, etc., though these may be proved also by other means. Many of God's attributes are nothing else than His infinity in a particular respect, e.g. His omnipotence is but the infinity of His power; His omniscience, the infinity of His knowledge. Whatever is known to be a pure unalloyed perfection, must be an attribute of God on account of His infinity. We say a pure unalloyed perfection; for God, just because He is infinite does not possess all perfections in the same way. Only pure perfections — i.e. those which include in their concept no trace of imperfection whatsoever — are contained in Him formally. We must therefore ascribe to Him the attributes wise, powerful, amiable, etc., without any restriction, because these are all pure perfections. Of the so-called mixed perfections, which include besides the positive reality also some imperfections, as e.g., extension, contrition, courage, sound reasoning, and clear judgment, He possesses only the perfection without the connected imperfection. His is, for example, the all-pervading presence, without composition; love for the good without having committed sin; power without having to overcome fear; knowledge without formal reasoning or formal judgment. He possesses, therefore, the mixed perfections in a higher form — eminently, i.e. in the only form which is worthy of the infinite. But even the pure perfections are contained in Him in a higher form than in the creature, in which they are dependent, derived, finite. God's perfection and that of the creature are the same analogically only, not univocally. The error of Anthropomorphism consists just in this, that it ascribes to God human perfections, without first refining them; whereas Agnosticism errs in its contention that, of all the pure and good qualities which are found in creatures, none can be ascribed to God. Those modern writers too are mistaken, who hold the best form of religious sentiment to be that which comprises the largest number of elements, and if needs be, of contradictions. According to them, we should call God both finite and infinite; finite to escape Agnosticism, infinite to escape Anthropomorphism. But it is evident that the highest and absolute truth cannot be a compound of contradictions.

The dogma of God's infinity is not only of the greatest import for theology in the strictest sense of the term (i.e. the treatise on God), but it throws new light upon the malice of sin, which, on the account of Him Who is offended, becomes objectively infinite; upon the infinite majesty of the Incarnate Word and the boundless value of His merits and satisfaction; upon the necessity of the Incarnation, if God's justice required an adequate satisfaction for sin.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Infinity and monism​

How imperatively thought demands that infinity be ascribed to the self-existent Being is best shown by the fact, that all those who have at any time identified, and especially those who nowadays identify God and the world — in short, all Monists — almost universally speak if the infinity of their God. But this is an error. One has but to open one's eyes to see that the world in imperfect, and therefore finite.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Infinity

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Theistic finitism, also known as finitistic theism or finite godism, is the belief in a deity that is limited. It has been proposed by some philosophers and theologians to solve the problem of evil. Most finitists accept the absolute goodness of God but reject omnipotence."

Not infinite. Has an end. Could be measured, or given a value.

There are a finite number of people at this beach.

There are also a finite number of grains of sand at this beach. Hard to count but still finite!

And the length of the beach is also finite.

having a limit or end:
The funds available for the program are finite and we cannot afford to waste money.
We only have a finite amount of time to complete this task - we can't continue indefinitely.

Theism vs. Finite Godism Theism vs. Finite Godism

fi·nite
/ˈfīˌnīt/
adjective
having limits or bounds.
"every computer has a finite amount of memory"

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can understand if the forum deleted a JW post because they are propagating error. The forum is responsible for the truth to be known within the confines of what they believe is true Christianity. The statement of faith on this website is Trinitarian and JW’s are not. (...)
"Error" according to whom?

Isn't it the responsibility of a true Christian to try to prove what is "error" with the Bible, instead of trying to isolate those who think differently just because with the Bible they are proving what they think is wrong?

Who is really acting as a Christian: the one who helps to live, or the one who kills?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Error" according to whom?
God based on what HIs Word says.
Most of my points in the beginning of this thread are all based on Scripture (Whereby I point out how they violate Scripture).

Isn't it the responsibility of a true Christian to try to prove what is "error" with the Bible, instead of trying to isolate those who think differently just because with the Bible they are proving what they think is wrong?

Who is really acting as a Christian: the one who helps to live, or the one who kills?
Many Christians today have become liberal and they think any form of Judgment is like killing or being unloving when they obviously must have missed the words of Jesus when He called them vipers and Paul said to the Galatians that they were foolish. Keep in mind I have not said these words, but I do believe that false beliefs do need to be corrected and or exposed if they lead a person down the road of hell. Paul even warned about those who preach another Jesus. The JW Jesus is not the Jesus of the Bible because they say Jesus is not God. They also add their own additional writings to Scripture and they made their own translation that caters to their personal beliefs. So I am not surprised by your words here, and or that you cannot see where I am coming from. I believe we are living in the last days and the falling away has already happened.

You also think I am wrong and I am most likely in error.
According to whom?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can recognize evil by what it produces (Matt. 7:16-20).
Have a good night.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not see any JWs talking here without biblical proves.
Misusing the Bible and misrepresenting the Gospel and Bible truth are not "biblical proofs". The Watchtower Society has been sowing the seeds of spiritual confusion for a very long time. And you only have to look at their rejection of the deity of Christ to see that this is a cult.

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can recognize evil by what it produces (Matt. 7:16-20).
Have a good night.
Making generalized statements and attaching it with a Bible verse does not prove anything.
Make your case in detail. If not, it’s just a baseless accusation.