Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false (Despite my love for them as human beings)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religions that teach the Trinity doctrine are denying that God sent his only begotten Son to save the world of mankind. Those who teach the Trinity doctrine teaches it wasn't the only begotten Son of God who became human and came to the world of mankind, but it's written at the scripture John 3:16 that God loved the world so much he gave his only begotten Son, that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.
John 17:3 shows that while Jesus was praying, the one he was praying to was the only true God.
John 20:17 shows that after Jesus was resurrected from the dead he said that he has a Father and God that is his apostles Father and God. There are so many other scriptures that show that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God just as Peter stated. Those who believe in the Trinity don't believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. They don't believe that God sent his only begotten Son of God to the world of mankind.
Umm, yes we do believe that Jesus is the Son of God. You are mistaken

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religions that teach the Trinity doctrine are denying that God sent his only begotten Son to save the world of mankind. Those who teach the Trinity doctrine teaches it wasn't the only begotten Son of God who became human and came to the world of mankind, but it's written at the scripture John 3:16 that God loved the world so much he gave his only begotten Son, that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.
John 17:3 shows that while Jesus was praying, the one he was praying to was the only true God.
John 20:17 shows that after Jesus was resurrected from the dead he said that he has a Father and God that is his apostles Father and God. There are so many other scriptures that show that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God just as Peter stated. Those who believe in the Trinity don't believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. They don't believe that God sent his only begotten Son of God to the world of mankind.
Many here on this forum deny the teaching of the Godhead as revealed in Holy Scripture. Also, this thread is not solely about your denial of the one true God being triune. I am honestly not looking to debate what is obvious in Scripture (Like the Godhead). If you deny the truth of how God reveals Himself in Scripture, you will have to answer to the Lord for worshiping another god you prefer (on the last day).

I already provided reasons in God’s Word that makes the truth of the Godhead obvious.

There are even more reasons I discovered recently in support of the Godhead. I may add them. But it is for the benefit of those who are open to the truth and not for those who seek to create another god from their own imagination.

Reactions: The Learner

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm, yes we do believe that Jesus is the Son of God. You are mistaken
No I'm not mistaken, those that teach the Trinity Doctrine teach that it was God who became human and came to the World of mankind. They teach the Word is God not that the Word is the only begotten Son of God so because the scriptures say the Word became flesh those that teach the Trinity Doctrine teach that it was God who became human, which means they deny it was the only begotten Son of God who became human. So no, those that teach the Trinity Doctrine, don't teach Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Those that teach the Trinity Doctrine teach Jesus is God, not the only begotten Son of God.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is both God and the Son of God.
God was manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16).
God purchased us with His own blood (Acts 20:28). Isaiah 43:11 says there is no Savior next to God and yet Jesus sat down at the right hand of God the Father. The Word is God. The Word is made flesh.

So a person has to do backflip twists around Scripture to deny the obvious.

But again, this thread is not solely about defending the truth of the Godhead.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many here on this forum deny the teaching of the Godhead as revealed in Holy Scripture. Also, this thread is not solely about your denial of the one true God being triune. I am honestly not looking to debate what is obvious in Scripture (Like the Godhead). If you deny the truth of how God reveals Himself in Scripture, you will have to answer to the Lord for worshiping another god you prefer (on the last day).

I already provided reasons in God’s Word that makes the truth of the Godhead obvious.

There are even more reasons I discovered recently in support of the Godhead. I may add them. But it is for the benefit of those who are open to the truth and not for those who seek to create another god from their own imagination.
First of all the Trinity Doctrine as you say isn't revealed in the scriptures, just because Trinitarians say it does. You like every Trinitarian I've communicated with is always trying to press the Trinity Doctrine in the scriptures because they have no faith that God has an only begotten Son. The Word is the only begotten Son of God, so when the scriptures say the Word became flesh, it means the only begotten Son of God became flesh/human. So as I said the Trinitarians teach Jesus to be God not the only begotten Son of God.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all the Trinity Doctrine as you say isn't revealed in the scriptures, just because Trinitarians say it does. You like every Trinitarian I've communicated with is always trying to press the Trinity Doctrine in the scriptures because they have no faith that God has an only begotten Son. The Word is the only begotten Son of God, so when the scriptures say the Word became flesh, it means the only begotten Son of God became flesh/human. So as I said the Trinitarians teach Jesus to be God not the only begotten Son of God.
This thread is not the place for you to deny the Godhead taught in Scripture. It is refutation of the JW religion and there are many reasons why it is a false religion.

Please start your own thread to talk about this topic you want to talk about. I mean, do you like sales people interrupting your dinner or your family get togethers? So like spam phone calls or your email being blasted with promotions? Do you like it when people talk about something in your thread that is going off topic and they don’t stop? Think. Do unto others as you want done unto yourself.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is both God and the Son of God.
God was manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16).
God purchased us with His own blood (Acts 20:28). Isaiah 43:11 says there is no Savior next to God and yet Jesus sat down at the right hand of God the Father. The Word is God. The Word is made flesh.

So a person has to do backflip twists around Scripture to deny the obvious.

But again, this thread is not solely about defending the truth of the Godhead.
Trinitarians try to muddy up the understanding of the sacred secret by saying that “He” at 1 Timothy 3:16 is God himself. They base this on the King James Bible, which reads, “God was manifest in the flesh.” However, what do the most reliable Greek manuscripts say? Consistently, they use the pronoun “He” instead of “God.” Textual critics now agree that the insertion of “God” in this scripture is a scribal error. So, more recent translations such as the American Standard Version, The New English Bible, and the New World Translation correctly read: ‘He [or, He who] was manifest in the flesh.’ No, it was not God himself who appeared “in the flesh.” Rather, it was his beloved Son and first creation, of whom the apostle John wrote: “So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth.”—John 1:14.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
full

Goodbye and May God bless you.

• Love

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard the Jehovah witnesses only believe in the NT but the OT exists too, that's where they're wrong. They do lovely things too but you have to go by the whole bible.
According to the official JW website, they appear to believe in the OT as Scripture, too. But they also follow the Watch Tower organization, as well. Many of the writings of the Watch Tower that are out of print and are rare are hidden from their own people so as to not make their religion to appear any more crazier than it already is. This is simply a fact that anyone can research for themselves. Researching the JW religion history and their odd ball beliefs will just lead you to think they are not even remotely Christian and they are simply a cult like organization (seeking to brainwash people).

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm not mistaken, those that teach the Trinity Doctrine teach that it was God who became human and came to the World of mankind. They teach the Word is God not that the Word is the only begotten Son of God so because the scriptures say the Word became flesh those that teach the Trinity Doctrine teach that it was God who became human, which means they deny it was the only begotten Son of God who became human. So no, those that teach the Trinity Doctrine, don't teach Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Those that teach the Trinity Doctrine teach Jesus is God, not the only begotten Son of God.
You are blind. Jesus is the Son of God. The second person of the Trinity. You can’t tell me what I believe. Jesus is the Word. He was with God and he was God. John 1

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Trinity is a settled matter on this forum and discussions like this are against the rules

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the JW's even bother to interact with:

The Biblical Basis of the
Doctrine of the Trinity:
An Outline Study
I discovered this link last week. Great stuff.

I would also recommend…

#1. IS THE TRINITY REALLY IN THE BIBLE ???

#2. No Trinity, No Salvation

#3. Defending the Godhead:

• Love

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are blind. Jesus is the Son of God. The second person of the Trinity. You can’t tell me what I believe. Jesus is the Word. He was with God and he was God. John 1
Those who are trinitarians teach that Jesus is God, always have. Trinitarians constantly tell me so. They teach that the Word is God, not the only begotten Son of God, and because the scriptures teach us the Word became flesh they deny that the only begotten Son became flesh/human. It's trinitarians who are blind.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are trinitarians teach that Jesus is God, always have. Trinitarians constantly tell me so. They teach that the Word is God, not the only begotten Son of God, and because the scriptures teach us the Word became flesh they deny that the only begotten Son became flesh/human. It's trinitarians who are blind.
The Word is the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity. You can’t grasp the concept of the Trinity

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word is the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity. You can’t grasp the concept of the Trinity
Isaiah 43:10
The Lord says, “You people are my witnesses and the servant I chose. I chose you so that you would help people believe me. I chose you so that you would understand that ‘I Am He’—I am the true God. There was no God before me, and there will be no God after me.

Isaiah 52:6
“This happened so that my people will learn about me. My people will know who I am. My people will know my name, and they will know that I Am He is speaking to them.”

Isaiah 65:1
All People Will Learn About God
“I helped people who had not come to me for advice. Those who found me were not looking for me. I spoke to a nation that does not use my name. I said, ‘Here I am! Here I am!’

John 7:28
Jesus was still teaching in the Temple area when he said loudly, “Do you really know me and where I am from? I am here, but not by my own decision. I was sent by one who is very real. But you don’t know him.

John 8:42
Jesus said to them, “If God were really your Father, you would love me. I came from God, and now I am here. I did not come by my own authority. God sent me.

John 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
John 8:28
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
John 9:9
Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.
John 13:19
Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.
John 18:5
They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
John 18:6
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.
John 18:8
Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:

Revelation 1:18
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 2:23
And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Deuteronomy 32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I discovered this link last week. Great stuff.

I would also recommend…

#1. IS THE TRINITY REALLY IN THE BIBLE ???

#2. No Trinity, No Salvation

#3. Defending the Godhead:
Yes, it is brother

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 43:10
The Lord says, “You people are my witnesses and the servant I chose. I chose you so that you would help people believe me. I chose you so that you would understand that ‘I Am He’—I am the true God. There was no God before me, and there will be no God after me.

Isaiah 52:6
“This happened so that my people will learn about me. My people will know who I am. My people will know my name, and they will know that I Am He is speaking to them.”

Isaiah 65:1
All People Will Learn About God
“I helped people who had not come to me for advice. Those who found me were not looking for me. I spoke to a nation that does not use my name. I said, ‘Here I am! Here I am!’

John 7:28
Jesus was still teaching in the Temple area when he said loudly, “Do you really know me and where I am from? I am here, but not by my own decision. I was sent by one who is very real. But you don’t know him.

John 8:42
Jesus said to them, “If God were really your Father, you would love me. I came from God, and now I am here. I did not come by my own authority. God sent me.

John 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
John 9:9
Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.
John 13:19
Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.
John 18:5
They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
John 18:6
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.
John 18:8
Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:

Revelation 1:18
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 2:23
And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Deuteronomy 32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
Well said, brother. The Word of God is harmonious and beautiful.

Praise be unto the Lord indeed.

• Love

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said, brother. The Word of God is harmonious and beautiful.

Praise be unto the Lord indeed.
" Catholics were now persecuted; Arius had an interview with Constantine and submitted a creed which the emperor judged to be orthodox. By imperial rescript Arius required Alexander of Constantinople to give him Communion; but the stroke of Providence defeated an attempt which Catholics looked upon as sacrilege. The heresiarch died suddenly, and was buried by his own people. He had winning manners, an evasive style, and a disputatious temper. But in the controversy which is called after his name, Arius counted only at the beginning. He did not represent the tradition of Alexandria but the topical subtleties of Antioch."

Arians like the Watchtower often claim that Constantine invented the Trinity. The above quote shows that he favored Aruis or Arianism.