Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false (Despite my love for them as human beings)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW beliefs-

"the Colored race... have been and are a race of servants...
There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant"
— The Golden Age, July 24, 1929

"..the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other.....
the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian.."— Zion's Watch Tower 07/15 1902

"..colored people have less education than whites.....
reading matter distributed to a colored congregation would more than half of it be utterly wasted"- Zion's Watch Tower 03/15 1900

http://www.jwbeliefs.com/jehovahs-witnesses-racism-blacks/

Yep. That alone is reason enough to run away from them. But some have been so blinded by their own religion and sucked into it, that is hard for them to break away. It’s a cult and like all cults they brainwash and condition people to believe things that are contrary to logic and or making logical decisions.

Anyways, thank you for your contribution, Dropship.

I hope other good Christians will take a stand for truth and also contribute to this thread.

May God bless you today.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

While there is a generic use of the word cult that may describe even one following the Bible seriously, this is not the general understood term when a person brings up the word cult in regards to religious worship. The word cult mentioned in today’s society in regards to a religion is generally viewed as a bad thing and not a good thing. Some may not understand what a cult (in the wrong sense) is and say that all religions are a cult. All I can say is do research on what a cult is and look at the history of cults to see the truth on that topic. Not all religions (even false ones) are a cult. Cults have certain characteristics that make it a cult. An expert scholar in religion has even said the JW religion is a cult. I am sure he knows his stuff more than some average person here who has not studied cults and just makes statements without any kind of research.

Here is one of the definitions of a cult in the 1913 Webster’s Dictionary:

“A system of intense religious veneration of a particular person, idea, or object, especially one considered spurious or irrational by traditional religious bodies; as, the Moonie cult.”​

Cult | Definition of Cult by Webster's Online Dictionary

I definitely would research Jim Jones.
His religion was a false cult that lead to having his followers to willfully commit suicide because of their blind devotion to him.

Jim Jones - Wikipedia

Some do not know that the JW’s believe that you cannot pray to Jesus. Granted, you may get some liberal JW folk who do pray to Jesus, but this article by the JW organization makes it clear that they believe only God the Father (Jehovah) can be prayed to and not Jesus.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1994923

As for whether JW’s are to hate those who are apostates:

Watchtower 1992 July 15 pp.12-13 Christ Hated Lawlessness-Do You?
"The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you "

Watchtower 1961 July 15 p.420 A Time and Place for Everything
Jesus encouraged his followers to love their enemies, but God's Word also says to "hate what is bad." When a person persists in a way of badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of his make-up, then in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked. Indicating that Jesus did not mean for us to love the hardened enemies of Jehovah, David expressed this God-approved attitude: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies."-Matt. 5:44; Amos 5:15; Ps. 139:21, 22

Watchtower 1993 November 1 p.19
"True Christians share Jehovah's feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they "feel a loathing" toward those who have made themselves God's enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance."

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW beliefs-

the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian.."— Zion's Watch Tower 07/15 1902

reading matter distributed to a colored congregation would more than half of it be utterly wasted"- Zion's Watch Tower 03/15 1900

Most of the people at the Kingdom Hall were Black, please don’t start with the race game.

Reactions: The Learner

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. That alone is reason enough to run away from them. But some have been so blinded by their own religion and sucked into it, that is hard for them to break away. It’s a cult and like all cults they brainwash and condition people to believe things that are contrary to logic and or making logical decisions.

Anyways, thank you for your contribution, Dropship.

I hope other good Christians will take a stand for truth and also contribute to this thread.

May God bless you today.
lol, you people make me laugh, race has to be brought into everything, that’s the liberals game plan.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
JW beliefs-

Most of the people at the Kingdom Hall were Black, please don’t start with the race game.

JW's started it not me..:)
Of course, if they've now changed their mind and are not racist, good for them although some people might say that makes them a flip-flop religion..:)

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW's started it not me..:)
Of course, if they've now changed their mind and are not racist, good for them although some people might say that makes them a flip-flop religion..:)
When it comes to the race game I don’t play it, nor am I getting involved in talking about it. The problem is everyone always thinks their beliefs are the right one and criticize others for theirs, I’m
Not about that. Take care.

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:12
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Matt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Christians should practice the virtues of Christ! Not satan!
Hey! This is a thread about hatred for Jehovah’s Witnesses. You need to wait your turn. :)

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol, you people make me laugh, race has to be brought into everything, that’s the liberals game plan.

There is no game. It has nothing to do with the liberals, either. They do not have corner market on the truth. There is truth and there is untruth. Speaking against race is wrong. If that was not the case, then go right ahead and do that at your job and see where that gets you (or encourage your family to do so at their jobs and see how that helps them). If this was not a problem to say what the JW’s did against blacks, then go right ahead and say the same thing in a black part neighborhood and see how that works out for you. So your argument here is simply a dismissal of truth and is utterly dumb.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey! This is a thread about hatred for Jehovah’s Witnesses. You need to wait your turn. :)

Well, not exactly. We are to hate the sin and love the sinner. I hate the wrong beliefs of JW’s and think they are pure evil. But that does not mean I don’t care and love their souls. I don’t like what they do. But that does not mean I don’t want to see them saved and or to follow the correct way of God’s Word and to repent. This thread should make it obvious the JW religion is in error. For me: I only needed #1 on my list for it to be sufficient to see that the JW religion is false. But when I dug deeper, I could see just how much deeper the JW religion is in error.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could see things the way I want too, doesn’t make it right, but some people are a little dense and can’t understand, only what they want to understand, which is convenient.

The JW’s basically made up their own religion. There is no evidence that GOD talked to them. On the contrary we have many evidences that show the JW organization to have lied over the years, and abused people, among many other problems. Sure, you can quote the Bible, but so can the devil. Your religion came about when all the other false cults came out like Mormonism, Seventh Day Adventists, and the Latter Rain Theology. These are facts that you can look up. Both Mormonism and the JW originated here in America. America!!! Really? If a new way was to come, it would be Israel and not here. But you got all kinds of other false cults just like yours that seeks to attack the Bible. That’s why your religion is dumb and illogical. Sorry, that’s just the way I see it. It’s not a way to God that is simple and consistent like following your average Bible alone. Your new beliefs are not consistent with God’s Word and they are crazier than a bag of cats.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

While there is a generic use of the word cult that may describe even one following the Bible seriously, this is not the general understood term when a person brings up the word cult in regards to religious worship. The word cult mentioned in today’s society in regards to a religion is generally viewed as a bad thing and not a good thing. Some may not understand what a cult (in the wrong sense) is and say that all religions are a cult. All I can say is do research on what a cult is and look at the history of cults to see the truth on that topic. Not all religions (even false ones) are a cult. Cults have certain characteristics that make it a cult. An expert scholar in religion has even said the JW religion is a cult. I am sure he knows his stuff more than some average person here who has not studied cults and just makes statements without any kind of research.

Here is one of the definitions of a cult in the 1913 Webster’s Dictionary:

“A system of intense religious veneration of a particular person, idea, or object, especially one considered spurious or irrational by traditional religious bodies; as, the Moonie cult.”​

Cult | Definition of Cult by Webster's Online Dictionary

I definitely would research Jim Jones.
His religion was a false cult that lead to having his followers to willfully commit suicide because of their blind devotion to him.

Jim Jones - Wikipedia

Some do not know that the JW’s believe that you cannot pray to Jesus. Granted, you may get some liberal JW folk who do pray to Jesus, but this article by the JW organization makes it clear that they believe only God the Father (Jehovah) can be prayed to and not Jesus.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1994923

As for whether JW’s are to hate those who are apostates:

Watchtower 1992 July 15 pp.12-13 Christ Hated Lawlessness-Do You?
"The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you "

Watchtower 1961 July 15 p.420 A Time and Place for Everything
Jesus encouraged his followers to love their enemies, but God's Word also says to "hate what is bad." When a person persists in a way of badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of his make-up, then in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked. Indicating that Jesus did not mean for us to love the hardened enemies of Jehovah, David expressed this God-approved attitude: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies."-Matt. 5:44; Amos 5:15; Ps. 139:21, 22

Watchtower 1993 November 1 p.19
"True Christians share Jehovah's feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they "feel a loathing" toward those who have made themselves God's enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance."
Jehovah's Witnesses, disfellowshipping and shunning, including family members

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From the video, there is a website he provides called AvoidJW.org.

This provides the elders books that your average JW member is not allowed to have access to (of which exposes them).
One of the most astonishing things in one of the elder books is that if there is a child abuse… call the law department, and if it is a theft, etcetera call the authorities (like the police, etc.). So they place more value on things rather than children. That’s pretty sad. That right there should tell anyone that the JW religion is not an organization from God.

Side Note:

While the author of the video was correct to leave the JW religion and expose it, the problem is that he is an atheist now. I noticed in another video I seen him mock or scoff against Numbers 31:17-18. Granted, this can be a potentially difficult passage for some believers, but from an unbeliever’s perspective, they will of course take this out of context, and see this as horrific or unacceptable situation when they are drawing the wrong conclusions (Note: See these write ups Here and here as a biblical defense on this passage if you are interested). But most of his videos do appear to be an attack on the Watch Tower (and his relating his experience when he was one), though.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1800’s the burned over district the so called awakenings all kooks and spooks!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus was never interested in authority and "right" teaching from any group. Jesus is the teacher.
Love is a difficult emotional word, going from feeling affectionate towards someone to dying for them.

I have had a conversation where when I used love, it was thought of as the hollywood sense of icing on a cynical hard isolated life of survival and making do with what one can grasp and keep hold of.

Jesus was about service, seeing real need and meeting it. The structures and authority of society mattered little, it was the heart of believers set on loving those they met and interacted with.

It is true that keeping an open heart, seeing and accepting difficulties and setbacks is difficult to keep together, but that is carrying ones cross daily.
Religion often is just doing what is needed and hoping this is enough to be safe. And from one perspective this is actually true, but from another it leads to apathy and decay. Often people have tended to the idea of being right, being perfect in church structure and behaviour rather than seeing the needs around and truly loving others with an open heart.

Our emotions tend towards rejection of others, rising in anger because the stupid dolts still hold this heretical position, so God should blast them into hell, because that is what they deserve for opposing the clear and perfect way. This kind of emotional release can happen even after a few sentences, and the anger and judgmentalism that follows is appalling.

Once you begin to see Jesus has His people in lots of different places loving and caring, walking in His ways and giving Him praise, you begin to see its that path that matters and not our own insights or judgmentalism.

When people live so long now, it is a wonder many are still standing upon a rock and loving and helping as they walk.

God bless you
Jesus told the disciples to be on their guard against false doctrines, and from false christs.
The doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees was the one group of a similar kind of belief structure back then they had that was contrary to the teaching of Christ
Today false doctrines are promoted by most people from a huge number of organizations.
And heresy hunters may be right about other's heresies, but they also have their own heresies they believe. It is a real mess of doctrine out there.

Matthew 15:9
And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Matthew 16:12
Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Matthew 24
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false
(Despite my love for them as human beings and my desire to see them saved).

#1. Jehovah’s Witnesses religion came about during the time period of other false religions in the latter half of the 19th century. It is odd that other religions seek to attack the Bible alone also came out during this time period, as well. You also have Mormons, Seventh Day Adventism, Pentecostal Latter Rain Theology. Each of these religions have one thing in common. They add words to the Bible. Revelation (the last book of the Bible) warns by saying, I quote: “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:” (Revelation 22:18). It is evil and wrong to add to God’s Word.

#2. Charles Taze Russell (the founder of the JW organization starting in the 1870’s) was divorced in 1911 by his wife because he his immoral acts with other women (Source). The apostle Paul says, “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21). It is evil that the JW’s founder was sexually immoral whereby his wife divorced him.

#3. Charles Taze Russel stated he was able to read Greek, but when he was in court, he was exposed as being a liar because he could not translate even the most simple Greek alphabet (Source). Revelation 21:8 says, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”. It is evil that the JW’s founder had lied not fearing God’s warning in Revelation.

#4. The Jehovah’s Witness organization made multiple false prophecies that never came true.

1872 - JW’s falsely prophesied that they are living in the millennium since this year in October.​
1914 - JW’s falsely prophesied that Armageddon ended in this year, and God’s kingdom began.​
1915 - JW’s falsely prophesied that the kingdom of God would be established in this year.​
1925 - JW’s falsely prophesied that the Millennium would begin in this year.​
1925 - JW leader Rutherford predicted that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob would be resurrected, and he had a mansion built for them, and when they did not show up, Rutherford decided to live in the mansion instead.​
1975 - JW’s falsely prophesied that the Millennium would begin in this year.​
End of the 20th century: - JW’s falsely prophesied that Armageddon would begin.​

Deuteronomy 18:21-22
“And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.”

Yet, the JW’s want you to be afraid of their prophesies of their end times future judgments still.
This is evil and wrong because they have failed the test of being a true prophet of God by making multiple failed prophecies to begin with. They have shown themselves to be led by the evil one by making multiple failed prophecies. JW people have even left their organization when certain prophecies have failed to come true.

#5. JW leader Rutherford was a drunkard (i.e. he was an alcholic). The Bible says, “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). This again shows you that another JW leader was immoral whereby the organization was being led by evil and or darkness.

#6. Like the Catholic Church, the JW organization has covered up child sexual abuse scandals within their own church. Jesus says in Luke 17:2 (NLT), “It would be better to be thrown into the sea with a millstone hung around your neck than to cause one of these little ones to fall into sin.” This is beyond normal human decency that such an organization would allow to cover up such evil and darkness.

#7. JW’s are to hate those who leave their organization. But Jesus says, “…Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” (Matthew 5:44). It’s evil to deny a command of the Lord Jesus Christ to love your enemies.

#8. The JW cult like mindset. JW’s are a cult wanting you to follow the WatchTower organization blindly in what they say as if it was the Word of God. JW’s have even said not to Google anything about their organization (Outside of the official JW website or JW supporting sites). But the Bible says, “Test all things; hold fast what is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21) (NKJV). This sounds like a cult like control of brainwashing others whereby they don’t want you to think and research things for yourself. But it’s evil to deny Scripture’s teaching by the apostle Paul to test all things.

#9. JW’s state that you cannot understand the Bible without their help. But it is written: “Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.” (Acts of the Apostles 17:11) (NIV). It’s evil to teach one group alone has the sole corner on God’s Word. We see no such prejudice in Acts 17:11. Thus, the JW religion is evil for controlling one’s thinking on Scripture.

#10. JW’s teach that it is sinful and idolatrous to pray to Jesus Christ. Yet, the Bible says, “Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,…” (1 Corinthians 1:2). John 14:14, “If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” 1 Timothy 1:12 "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service”. For it’s how we can be saved even. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13 cf. Romans 10:8-12). It is evil and wrong to suggest that you cannot pray to Jesus because Jesus is the only mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Thankfully, some ex JW’s have been set free from the evil darkness of the JW religion because they called upon the Lord Jesus for salvation.
The religions that teach the Trinity doctrine are denying that God sent his only begotten Son to save the world of mankind. Those who teach the Trinity doctrine teaches it wasn't the only begotten Son of God who became human and came to the world of mankind, but it's written at the scripture John 3:16 that God loved the world so much he gave his only begotten Son, that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.
John 17:3 shows that while Jesus was praying, the one he was praying to was the only true God.
John 20:17 shows that after Jesus was resurrected from the dead he said that he has a Father and God that is his apostles Father and God. There are so many other scriptures that show that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God just as Peter stated. Those who believe in the Trinity don't believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. They don't believe that God sent his only begotten Son of God to the world of mankind.