Reasons why you should never trust the doctrines here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It contains some good doctrine, and a lot of bad.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Working out a good understanding of doctrine is messy. Good thing we are saved by Grace rather than doctrine.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
aspen said:
Working out a good understanding of doctrine is messy.
Good thing we are saved by Grace rather than doctrine.
Spiritual reveation of God's Truth comes only through the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Some of us have their minds and hearts open, and some do not.
Some of us are blinded by long-held religious dogma, false doctrines and opinions, biases, etc.
When I was saved at age 35, I had none of these to hinder me.
I believe strongly: the only way is to trust Scripture and the Holy Spirit's revelation of its meaning!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A good way to test your doctrine is to present it in a forum like this one. You will soon find willing participants who will critique such beliefs against the word of God. 1 Timothy 4:16

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even keeping in mind that we discuss and work through some very sober topics, a forum is not the place to be deriving doctrine. I always welcome and suggest it as a tool to refine, potentially purify (by fire), and even learn about other doctrines, but I strongly caution against it becoming a place where you get doctrine. I'd look more to study, reference tools and ultimately Churches to do that line of work to let Christ work in our hearts.

This is, of course, keeping in mind such passages as those in 1 & 2 Timothy and Acts 17:11.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Hammerstone,

I agree which is why I posted this as a tongue in cheek way to combat the "why you shouldn't trust the doctrines of your church" thread.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
Hammerstone,
I agree which is why I posted this as a tongue in cheek way to combat

the "why you shouldn't trust the doctrines of your church" thread.
Many heary congratualtions on your post.
Fairly soon, you will discover just how incompetent (I could use far worse language)
the churches have really been ... So, enjoy everything while you can!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
It's not as much a defense of churches as it is an indictment against internet preachers.
The many internet preachers I am aware of are all Spirit-filled
and they are really trying to warn everyone against today's churches,
which are not preparing the sheep for anything, let alone the end-times!
But, I wish you the best of luck!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
aspen said:
Working out a good understanding of doctrine is messy. Good thing we are saved by Grace rather than doctrine.
We are indeed saved by Grace, but it doesn't end there.
1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I don't think any doctrines being promoted here are original. They are just what some have learned. Sadly, the word 'doctrine' has taken on some very negative connotations. I prefer 'dogma' when it comes to those kind of teachings. Many here have a good grasp on scripture, but we seem to see the most activity on threads where BAD doctrine is being promoted.