• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-

Regarding believers,

Sometimes, its the way a thing is understood, that causes division, vs, the thing itself.
Sometimes, the way something is understood by one, is misunderstood by others and this causes division.
All division is the fruit of wrong believing, committed by someone.

----------------------
Lets look at this following idea....

"""""Today, a doctrine is now largely taught that the gospel of Christ has made God's law of no effect: that by "believing" we are released from the necessity of being doers of the Word."""""
-----------------------------------

Now, notice the intent of the teaching of this heretic's sentence.
This person is a heretic, who sounds like a teacher, and is doing the devil's work.
What is the devil's work?
1.) Its to cause people to go to hell, or,
2.) its to keep the born again from understanding who they are in Christ, as God's Grace has recreated them to be as a "new Creation" IN CHRIST.

Notice that the heretic says....."that by believing, or (having faith) ( Being born again) we are released from the NECESSITY of being DOERS of the Word or the Law"......vs just hearers who are not born again.
Yes, im filling in His blanks so that you can see him more clearly.

Now, is God's Grace given so that after it is given as a GIFT, you are NAILED TO THE CROSS of "necessity to be a doer of the word and law and commandments" ?
Did God shed His blood to replace the old covenant that "God found fault with" so that after you are born again you can keep what God found fault with as the way you keep yourself saved and please God?
Say what?
Here is the question, better put....Did God only save you because you are expected to be a good little perfect person, always keeping the commandments, and always living for the Lord?

Or did God save you because of His Great Mercy and Love, when you were yet a sinner, and ungodly, and on your way to hell?

See, here is the issue with Legalism that this heretic is teaching as he rants about the Law and self effort ("Being a doer").
He tries to bind you to works, as a PART of the REAL REASON that God saved you.
And that is heresy.
Understand.....The Grace of God, is not related to you agreeing to be anything but God's Son.
You don't actually agree to anything to be born again, .. all you do is hear the truth of the Gospel, and you Believe on Jesus and God accepts your faith to give you the new birth.

Legalists try to poison your salvation with bondage to self effort as your part in it.
God , however, does not offer you a part in it. He only offers Salvation to you, as completed and as a GIFT.

Salvation is All of God and none of you.
Discipleship is all of you with God helping you.

So, the wrong understanding is...... "God saved me, and He did it so that i am under the bondage to necessity, and that is to keep the law, abide by self effort, and endure to the end, hoping i can make it into heaven, if im good enough and do enough, and try hard enough.
What is missing ?
= GRACE.

The wrong understanding is....God's part is Jesus on the Cross, and My part is to live it.
My part is to be good, do good, and strive to please God, and if i do that, im going to be ok after i die.
What is missing? = Faith ONLY in Christ to Get you to heaven.

See that mess?
ALL That is Not God's Grace. That is man's remaking and redesigning of God's Grace to fit their self righteousness. = LEGALISM.

God's Grace is like this... This is Right Believing.. = God is love and God is mercy, and God saved me, not because im any good, but because God is always Good and always merciful.

God's Grace is like this....= "God started my salvation in me, and God will be faithful to complete my salvation for me".

God's Grace is like this...= "Jesus is the Author and Finisher of my Faith".
I gave my faith to God and they took it and they made it ETERNAL.

God's Grace is a FREE GIFT.
Salvation is a FREE Gift
Eternal LIfe is a FREE GIFT

Our Salvation is what God Himself will be faithful to complete for us.

Philippians 1:6

So, when a devil led person is trying to put you under bondage to self effort to try to please God and keep yourself saved.... get rid of them.
If its your pastor, pope, bishop, vision of Mary, or best friend..... tell them "BYE"...
You are not to be under anything but the Grace of God, and right believing.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say about this that when we are given the gift of salvation, it is the gift of righteousness that we are given (Romans 5:17); and that this righteousness is going to be practical in nature (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

When a person is truly born again, the Lord sheds abroad His love in that person's heart (Romans 5:5). And this love is a practical love (1 John 3:17-18).

Again, if a person is forgiven much, they will love much (Luke 7:36-50). And the love of God is practical in nature (1 John 3:17-18).

Again, if someone abides in the vine as a branch, they will bear the fruit of the Spirit (love, Galatians 5:22-23). And this love is practical in nature (1 John 3:17-18).

It is not that you are under bondage to keep the law in order to save yourself or keep yourself saved...

It is that when a man is truly born again, he is transformed within so that the outside of the cup and platter is also clean.

Rather than just cleaning the outside of the cup and platter, as religionists do...the inside of the cup and platter is made clean so that the outside may also be clean.

So, when you are born again, you are motivated from the center of your being to do what is right...and this amounts to not violating any law or standard of righteousness.

Because against the fruit of the Spirit there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

Therefore there is a righteousness of God within us, apart from the law, that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21).

Because we receive the Holy Ghost through faith (Galatians 3:14)...and the love of the Lord through the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5).

And this love is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

But from this teaching it can be concluded that by the law is the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20), that if we violate the law, we are in fact showing forth the reality that we do not yet have the love of the Lord shed abroad in our hearts.

So the law is a good gauge to determine whether or not you are a child of God.

While a man is not saved through attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts.

But a man is saved through believing in what Christ has done for him on the Cross.

And as the result, he will be made into a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)).

The old has gone; behold, all things have become new!

The old is the old sinful lifestyle that you used to live before becoming redeemed.

The new is the new walk with Christ wherein you walk with Him in newness of life (Romans 6:4).

It has to do with abiding in the vine (Jesus Christ) as a branch (John 15:1-8). And in this you will find yourself sinning less and less (1 John 3:6); if at all.

And it is also possible to abide for evermore (1 John 2:17).

For it is clear from holy scripture that the one who abides in Him, while he is abiding, "sinneth not" (1 John 3:6).

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, when you are born again, you are motivated from the center of your being to do what is right...and this amounts to not violating any law or standard of righteousness.

I've been trying to understand your POV on this, and many times when I think I've understood it seems you've said something to make me think otherwise.

So then to be clear, your view is that the person who is born again will remain sinless in all regards for the remainder of their life? Not violating any law or standard of righteousness?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this love is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us
And when you say "the law", I'm imagining that you don't actually mean the entire law, is that right? Or do you mean the entire law? The "Law and the Prophets"?

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @marks,

I believe that the epitome of what I am trying to say may be found in the following scripture:

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

The born again believer will become more and more righteous as time passes.

Which is not to say that he or she cannot come to a plateau of being sanctified wholly and begin to walk upon that plateau even in this life. At such a time, the believer has reached "the perfect day" in his or her walk and their shining will be consistently according to the same absolute brightness from that point forward.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been trying to understand your POV on this, and many times when I think I've understood it seems you've said something to make me think otherwise.
I don't really have what might be identified as a "point of view"...

But when I make my answers I write them with holy scripture in mind; not with any personal point of view in mind. Of course I have a pov concerning many scripture passages, that I believe is based on exegesis and study of those scripture passages. But I try not to depart from a concrete understanding of scripture that is based on exegesis (rather than eisegesis).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @marks,

I believe that the epitome of what I am trying to say may be found in the following scripture:

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

The born again believer will become more and more righteous as time passes.

Which is not to say that he or she cannot come to a plateau of being sanctified wholly and begin to walk upon that plateau even in this life. At such a time, the believer has reached "the perfect day" in his or her walk and their shining will be consistently according to the same absolute brightness from that point forward.

While I guess this may be the epitome to you, to me it doesn't answer my question, but that's OK, you need not naturally!

Much love!