Regeneration before or after saving faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one of those verses teaches it,but you can believe what you want...you did not post your source
It's from Matt Slick, who is a five point Calvinist, I'm told.

If God doesn't have emotions, he sure spends a lot of time pretending he does, and that would make him dishonest, which he can never be.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm

he said he repented he made man and flooded the earth

he said he holds the right to change his mind and tear down the mold he was making and start new in the potter and the clay

I am suprised you do not know these passages which clearly say God can and does change his mind
EG,
I know all the passages.
God is perfect in every attribute He has as God.
He does not love....He is love.
When God uses the expression repent, He is communicating to us in language we can understand.
He is perfectly omniscient.
He knows the end from the beginning.
Nothing at any time takes Him by surprise.
He is God, not a man like us whose human emotions and passions are fueled by sin most of the time.
Being PERFECT means He cannot change, He cannot lie, He is immutable.
Those who describe God as if he is a man sin by bringing reproach upon His Holy perfection.
Mai.3:6, Hebrews6:17-18,Heb13:8
In the incarnation Jesus coming in a body of flesh and blood, always did the will of the Father,not His own will.
He did it without sinful passions.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's from Matt Slick, who is a five point Calvinist, I'm told.

If God doesn't have emotions, he sure spends a lot of time pretending he does, and that would make him dishonest, which he can never be.
Matt Slick tries to help people so I have no desire to run him down. He is mistaken as well as several who have followed down that path.
In time he might correct himself .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all of them

some have love in their hearts even in disagreement,
Their incapable of independent thought, which in my opinion clearly shows it only religion. As far as love goes

1 Corinthians 8:1 KJV
Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is a total manifestation of the Father, any one who says He has no feelings is in my opinion a castaway.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EG,
I know all the passages.
God is perfect in every attribute He has as God.
He does not love....He is love.
When God uses the expression repent, He is communicating to us in language we can understand.
He is perfectly omniscient.
He knows the end from the beginning.
Nothing at any time takes Him by surprise.
He is God, not a man like us whose human emotions and passions are fueled by sin most of the time.
Being PERFECT means He cannot change, He cannot lie, He is immutable.
Those who describe God as if he is a man sin by bringing reproach upon His Holy perfection.
Mai.3:6, Hebrews6:17-18,Heb13:8
In the incarnation Jesus coming in a body of flesh and blood, always did the will of the Father,not His own will.
He did it without sinful passions.
None of these even come close to telling us God is emotionless. No, his emotions aren't like ours, no, they can not in any sense be sinful emotions, but they are emotions, nonetheless. The Hebrews verses tell us:
. 17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

First, this is about God's purpose for his people. It's to encourage us that God is unchanging and always honest. It's to lead us to Jesus, our High priest. It doesn't even speak to whether God has feelings or not.
Even nature teaches us that God is a God of deep emotions. He could have created a world that did not inspire emotion, a black and grey world with no beauty perhaps. Everything God created in it's original perfect form reflects him. I have no doubt God's emotions are a billion times deeper and stronger than ours, and scripture reflects this over and over.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Romans 1:20
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of these even come close to telling us God is emotionless. No, his emotions aren't like ours, no, they can not in any sense be sinful emotions, but they are emotions, nonetheless. The Hebrews verses tell us:
. 17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

First, this is about God's purpose for his people. It's to encourage us that God is unchanging and always honest. It's to lead us to Jesus, our High priest. It doesn't even speak to whether God has feelings or not.
Even nature teaches us that God is a God of deep emotions. He could have created a world that did not inspire emotion, a black and grey world with no beauty perhaps. Everything God created in it's original perfect form reflects him. I have no doubt God's emotions are a billion times deeper and stronger than ours, and scripture reflects this over and over.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Romans 1:20
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Within these heavens God has placed a tabernacle where He abodes and He comes out as a bridegroom rejoicing.

Do you see?

Reactions: Renniks

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is a total manifestation of the Father, any one who says He has no feelings is in my opinion a castaway.
Yes, don't hold back now, tell us as in many ways that you can drum up that we're lost.

Whil you're doing that I'll still hold onto the fact that Christ alone is the only person who saves, and contrary to your belief, it is not due to anything we've done, i.e. deciding, choosing, humbling, willing, what he saw we would do, because no one is ever saved by their flesh (person) because it profited nothing, it is of no help at all John 6:63. :)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, don't hold back now, tell us as in many ways that you can drum up that we're lost.

Whil you're doing that I'll still hold onto the fact that Christ alone is the only person who saves, and contrary to your belief, it is not due to anything we've done, i.e. deciding, choosing, humbling, willing, what he saw we would do, because no one is ever saved by their flesh (person) because it profited nothing, it is of no help at all John 6:63. :)
I couldn't agree more, but would you agree that the fruits produced as a product of your relationship with Christ should align with His character?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and your posse poke a stick in our eyes theologically, we answer scripturally, you cannot respond in kind or interact so you claim all manner of bashing, false witness,etc.
Re'read the thread .
I have one of you on ignore because you can’t talk without doing what was said, always belittling the other person

if you think taking pot shots is ok. That’s a problem

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their incapable of independent thought, which in my opinion clearly shows it only religion. As far as love goes

1 Corinthians 8:1 KJV
Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
Again not all of them

I have met many who are not like that

Reactions: Waiting on him

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have one of you on ignore because you can’t talk without doing what was said, always belittling the other person

if you think taking pot shots is ok. That’s a problem
From the guy who hides behind ignore and takes pot shots over and over and over and over and will do it yet again and again.