Regeneration before or after saving faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in post 1292 24 times God says He has an eye toward His Sheep. You ignore the whole chapter, no response by you on the actual verses. Earlier you claimed such a distinction is not made in scripture. Did you think we would forget what you said?
I never said God doesn't have an eye on his sheep. Of course, God promises to look after the flock. The thing you seem incapable of understanding are the whosoevers really mean anyone can become one of the flock when God convicts them.
It is not going to matter what scripture you quote, I can't see them your way. I was steeped in Bible from a very young age and only later did anyone try and impose calvinism on me. It never really took.
The first time some one tried to lay the Romans 9 bit on me I went and read it all and immediately could see it wasn't about individual election as they said. Once you see some things, they can't be unseen.
Once God shows you there's no darkness in him, you don't go backwards and decide he decrees all evil. I love him too much to treat him like that. So, say what you wish, I stand by the simple truth that Jesus died once for all. It's a most beautiful and blessed assurance. It will set you free from reading the Word like a formula and you can enjoy the love story.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not going to matter what scripture you quote, I can't see them your way. I was steeped in Bible from a very young age and only later did anyone try and impose calvinism on me. It never really took.
LIKE TIMOTHY !

Yes, true. WHen a young man is raised in the way he should go, he will not depart far from it when he is older.

You learned the TRUTH FIRST - God's Kingdom FIRST, before being exposed to the lies.

Other people learned the lies FIRST, so it is unlikely? OR more difficult? , for them to reject the lies when they hear the truth, if ever.

Reactions: Renniks

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Enoch111,

Election of those who are ALREADY SAVED is the biblical teaching. And that is election for perfection and glorification.

There is no election for salvation,

Not what this says...
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
Again...by ignoring the nature of the Covenant salvation you miss it.

since that would nullify the finished work of Christ, and the offer of salvation to all mankind.

The gospel is offered to all who hear it. Your point does not exist.

However, I will not waste time showing you how you have misrepresented the Scriptures, since you will never give up your false gospel. But everyone who presents a false gospel will be held accountable.

God saves ALL He intends to save which is truly good news.

Hmmm, seems he is saying God elects the saved to sanctification only. That election is only assured after they are saved. Hogwash. Yes, the elect are elected to sanctification, but they were first elected to salvation. The reason why I worded it like that is because sanctification is one part of salvation. He does not elect ppl to just sanctification, but to salvation, sanctification, and also glorification. Seems like Paul wrote that in Romans 8:29-30. :)

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, seems he is saying God elects the saved to sanctification only. That election is only assured after they are saved. Hogwash. Yes, the elect are elected to sanctification, but they were first elected to salvation. The reason why I worded it like that is because sanctification is one part of salvation. He does not elect ppl to just sanctification, but to salvation, sanctification, and also glorification. Seems like Paul wrote that in Romans 8:29-30. :)
I agree SG.
Over time do you notice that every possible explanation is offered except the simple biblical truth?
Enoch gets many areas of theology right on the money, then he gets twisted with this.
Some of the others do not seem to respect scripture in that they just make it up as they go along, and do not want scripture to inform them.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Renniks,

:oops::oops::oops: that explains it....
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Are you trying to imply I'm not saved? That's a common Calvinist tactic when they see they are not going to convince someone. It's really a sad statement on your way of seeing people if you have to stoop to that level.

We read the same Bible. I just don't come to it with a deterministic world view. We all live as if the future is partially decided by our actions, and scripture bears that out.

The scripture is there to testify of Christ, not to be an end in itself. God will talk to you in other ways also, not only through the written word, if you are willing to hear. But he doesn't shout very often. It's the still small voice that brings assurance.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you trying to imply I'm not saved? That's a common Calvinist tactic when they see they are not going to convince someone. It's really a sad statement on your way of seeing people if you have to stoop to that level.

We read the same Bible. I just don't come to it with a deterministic world view. We all live as if the future is partially decided by our actions, and scripture bears that out.

The scripture is there to testify of Christ, not to be an end in itself. God will talk to you in other ways also, not only through the written word, if you are willing to hear. But he doesn't shout very often. It's the still small voice that brings assurance.
Rennicks,
I cannot see your heart.
God will judge that.
I can see your posts containing 2 commandment violations
You said you worshipped a different God than Calvinists.
I am just connecting the dots.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rennicks,
I cannot see your heart.
God will judge that.
I can see your posts containing 2 commandment violations
You said you worshipped a different God than Calvinists.
I am just connecting the dots.
I never implied Calvinists aren't saved. I believe they will be held to account for thier errors, but none of these are salvation issues.
And I have posted nothing in violation of a commandment. But if I had, it still would not be ground's for questioning a brothers salvation.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interesting how people judge between different sects of Christianity. I've worshiped with everything from calvinist to charismatic, Wesleyans, Methodists, Quakers and non denominationals. It's all different and it's all beautiful in its own way. I'm sure there's some tares in every congregation, but a whole lot of them people are going to be in heaven with you, so you better learn to love them now. And that's my sermon for the day.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interesting how people judge between different sects of Christianity. I've worshiped with everything from calvinist to charismatic, Wesleyans, Methodists, Quakers and non denominationals. It's all different and it's all beautiful in its own way. I'm sure there's some tares in every congregation, but a whole lot of them people are going to be in heaven with you, so you better learn to love them now. And that's my sermon for the day.
Too bad.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I correctly pointed out, you do not know the biblical God or His revealed attributes.
God is without passions. You describe a god in mans image, who changes, has emotions that fluctuate and change. This explains why you cannot get to first base doctrinally.
God made us in his image

He shows emotions in the word. And as God image bearers. we also have emotions

I think you need to rethink what you said here. Because it is not him who does not understand the biblical God.

Reactions: Renniks

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read everyday,with understanding.
Let's see you look at the post where I offered Ezk.34,jn10,lk19...and claimed the lost are defined by the Elect sheep.
Show from the texts where you suggest I am wrong about this.
You suggest I need to read my bible, now back up your claim.
Start with Ezk34 Who are the lost sheep here?
Is It those who have a special relationship with God?
Or is it everyone in the world?

1. The sheep was scattered throughout the earth
2. Only Israel, as a nation was scattered when it comes to scripture
3. He also said he will rescue these sheep. who were scattered among the people, and regather them from the countries. bring them BACK to Israel, and they will be feed and rest
3. thus the lost sheep can only be dispersed Israel

if I remember right, you do not believe in the restoration of Israel. so you can not actually interpret this passage correctly in the first place.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um no, He said God does not have emotions. He is not right. God even repented that he made man..
um yes.
But for another thread, not related to him or you or me. another thread, God Willing, devoted to God's View, in Scripture Revealed. Okay ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean by too bad?
I think (and looked back to see) that you made six or seven statements , more or less, in that post.

Each one deserves its own .... unfolding.... to see. Are you up for that? (willing?)

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never implied Calvinists aren't saved. I believe they will be held to account for thier errors, but none of these are salvation issues.
And I have posted nothing in violation of a commandment. But if I had, it still would not be ground's for questioning a brothers salvation.
When you mock saying the God the Calvinists worship is not the biblical God, that is a board violation suggesting we worship a false deity.
I do not report such things as I do not believe in censorship.
As far as that goes you are of course free to believe anything you want as I am also.
You have had your say, and I offered scripture that you ignore or caricature
So it is what it is.