Regeneration before or after saving faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not repent.God does not change
God is perfect in a His ways.
Some want a god just like them so they can be on the same spiritual plane and also bully him around so that he has to agree with them on everything. If the God of the Bible does not agree with them, they just conjure one up who is exactly like them.

#Teraphim

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amazing timing, perfect order
Ok, then. Care to enlighten us?

On God's perfection: no one is arguing that God isn't perfect. God's character is unchanging. That doesn't mean he can't experience new things or have emotions. The incarnation was certainly a new experience.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some want a god just like them so they can be on the same spiritual plane and also bully him around so that he has to agree with them on everything. If the God of the Bible does not agree with them, they just conjure one up who is exactly like them.

#Teescribes people who do that very thing

Yes SG....psalm 115 describes that very process when people invent their own version, and call it a love story.
Ok, then. Care to enlighten us?

On God's perfection: no one is arguing that God isn't perfect. God's character is unchanging. That doesn't mean he can't experience new things or have emotions. The incarnation was certainly a new experience.
You are not interested in scripture or biblical teaching as you have posted.
You once again do not seem familiar with basic bible 101.
Study God's attributes before you try and post contrary to bible teaching.
If you do not have a proper respect for scripture, I doubt you will make any progress.
You ask for answers you do not want..

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes SG....psalm 115 describes that very process when people invent their own version, and call it a love story.

You are not interested in scripture or biblical teaching as you have posted.
You once again do not seem familiar with basic bible 101.
Study God's attributes before you try and post contrary to bible teaching.
If you do not have a proper respect for scripture, I doubt you will make any progress.
You ask for answers you do not want..
Anthony, seriously, can you do one post without bashing? It's getting old.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not found any verse that says that.
How many do you want me to post?
  • God gets angry
    • "Therefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against His people And He abhorred His inheritance," (Psalm 106:40).
    • On this account the anger of the LORD has burned against His people, And He has stretched out His hand against them and struck them down. And the mountains quaked, and their corpses lay like refuse in the middle of the streets. For all this His anger is not spent, But His hand is still stretched out," (Isaiah 5:25).
  • God loves
    • “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life,” (John 3:16).
    • "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us," (Romans 5:8).
  • God hates
    • "The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity." (Psalm 5:5).
    • “The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates,” (Psalm 11:5).
  • God has compassion
    • “But he hesitated. So the men seized his hand and the hand of his wife and the hands of his two daughters, for the compassion of the LORD was upon him; and they brought him out, and put him outside the city,” (Genesis 19:16).
    • "And He said, “I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion," (Exodus 33:19).
  • God grieves
    • “And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart,” (Genesis 6:6).
    • "But they rebelled And grieved His Holy Spirit; Therefore He turned Himself to become their enemy, He fought against them," (Isaiah 63:10).
  • God expresses joy
    • "...Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength,” (Nehemiah 8:10).
    • “The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy," (Zephaniah 3:17).
  • God rejoices
    • “For as a young man marries a virgin, so your sons will marry you. And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so your God will rejoice over you,” (Isaiah 62:5).
    • “I will also rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in My people; And there will no longer be heard in her The voice of weeping and the sound of crying," (Isaiah 65:19).
  • And that's from a Calvinist source, BTW.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • God gets angry
    • "Therefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against His people And He abhorred His inheritance," (Psalm 106:40).
    • On this account the anger of the LORD has burned against His people, And He has stretched out His hand against them and struck them down. And the mountains quaked, and their corpses lay like refuse in the middle of the streets. For all this His anger is not spent, But His hand is still stretched out," (Isaiah 5:25).
  • God loves
    • “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life,” (John 3:16).
    • "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us," (Romans 5:8).
  • God hates
    • "The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity." (Psalm 5:5).
    • “The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates,” (Psalm 11:5).
  • God has compassion
    • “But he hesitated. So the men seized his hand and the hand of his wife and the hands of his two daughters, for the compassion of the LORD was upon him; and they brought him out, and put him outside the city,” (Genesis 19:16).
    • "And He said, “I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion," (Exodus 33:19).
  • God grieves
    • “And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart,” (Genesis 6:6).
    • "But they rebelled And grieved His Holy Spirit; Therefore He turned Himself to become their enemy, He fought against them," (Isaiah 63:10).
  • God expresses joy
    • "...Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength,” (Nehemiah 8:10).
    • “The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy," (Zephaniah 3:17).
  • God rejoices
    • “For as a young man marries a virgin, so your sons will marry you. And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so your God will rejoice over you,” (Isaiah 62:5).
    • “I will also rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in My people; And there will no longer be heard in her The voice of weeping and the sound of crying," (Isaiah 65:19).
Excellent!!!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • God gets angry
  • God loves
  • God hates
  • God has compassion
  • God grieves
  • God expresses joy
  • God rejoices
Not one of those verses teaches it,but you can believe what you want...you did not post your source

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not repent.God does not change
God is perfect in a His ways.
Hmm

he said he repented he made man and flooded the earth

he said he holds the right to change his mind and tear down the mold he was making and start new in the potter and the clay

I am suprised you do not know these passages which clearly say God can and does change his mind

Reactions: Renniks

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

#Teraphim
Dude please stop. First off your misrepresenting what we said, and second, your making yourself look bad by bearing false witness of what others are saying,

Reactions: Renniks