Religion is about what WE do.True Christianity is about what CHRIST has already done.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course, but in the context of this discussion it's almost like we need a scripture for everything.
That's why I asked.
Sometimes things turn into something absurd. :)

Well you know by now what I think of "scriptural proof"....one i dot will prove it one way, and another i dot will prove it another way...total waste of time.

I believe the bible...I don't believe everyones interpretation of it...some believe the more and more scripture they swamp their posts with, the bigger and better their argument is. :rolleyes:

But hey, go for it! :)

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe the bible...I don't believe everyones interpretation of it.

Same here.
I agree.
But sometimes, when there's no scripture quoted, common sense comes in.
( If one is baptized with the Holy Spirit.)

When talking to people sometimes there's no bible handy to double check.
That's when "gut might agree or disagree"..... so to speak.
Not sure if I explained this properly....

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When talking to people sometimes there's no bible handy to double check.
That's when "gut might agree or disagree"..... so to speak.
Not sure if I explained this properly....

Yep got it and agree...so often, if we have our inner ears well tuned, the Holy Spirit confirms it in the inner man.

Our old Pastor 50 years ago taught us ...to read and read the bible all though, because of the scripture which says
As John 14:26 says ( RED LETTER...Jesus said it! lol )
"the Comforter shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

He can only do that if we have read it....then He can bring it back to us in time of need.
Often we don't even know that we know it!!! :)

That is why cold quoted scripture verses so often leave me cold. If the Holy Spirit is not breathing through them.

..........H

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Is there any she was with sin?

I will point out to you again, that she refered to God as her savior.

Luke 1:46-47 (KJV)
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

I will also point out to you that the Bible say that all have sinned or gone astry, including Mary.

Romans 3:21-23 (ASV)
21 But now apart from the law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ unto all them that believe; for there is no distinction;
23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;

Isaiah 53:4-7 (KJV)
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
She was also a child of Adam and Eve, just like the rest of us...she was BORN that way...no different to you and I.
Like one who could reject Jesus ? or play the fiddle claiming lord lord. I don't think so !

She was Holy from conception, what about John and the other Prophets God sent, they all had a message from God to deliver to the Sinners, they must of not been under grave sin to do Gods will and there for who is against God is such and who is for God is such with him.
Jesus was before all were and will be at the end, that means Salvation 'he' the Holy Spirit was here from the beginning, it is said that the Pharisees would of known Jesus if ? they had eyes to see and ears to hear and Nathaniel knew Jesus directly.

When one becomes Born Again and as one becomes more enlightened the grave sinful nature is under control because one knows Jesus and abiding in him and comprehends the workings of Satan, so one can deal with that from a better perspective, so when a true Saint says he is a sinner he knows or is aware of his sins but they are not grave sins.

I hear people claim that Jesus defeated Satan ? no he did not, he just exposed Satan for who he truly is and showed us how to deal with him. Satan has no grasp over True Born again Christians or the Saints.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Of course, but in the context of this discussion it's almost like we need a scripture for everything.
That's why I asked.
Sometimes things turn into something absurd. :)

Bassed on your argument, anyone could say they have never sinned because the Bible didn't mention them by name as having sinned.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bassed on your argument, anyone could say they have never sinned because the Bible didn't mention them by name as having sinned.

Based on your response I would say it takes common sense.
Just like I mentioned.

Anybody filled with the Holy Spirit would never say a thing like you just posted.

"Common sense"
Seems to me you don't have any.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Based on your response I would say it takes common sense.
Just like I mentioned.

Anybody filled with the Holy Spirit would never say a thing like you just posted.

"Common sense"
Seems to me you don't have any.

Then, you have just condemned yourself, because I used your own reasoning to prove my point.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Like one who could reject Jesus ? or play the fiddle claiming lord lord. I don't think so !

She was Holy from conception, what about John and the other Prophets God sent, they all had a message from God to deliver to the Sinners, they must of not been under grave sin to do Gods will and there for who is against God is such and who is for God is such with him.
Jesus was before all were and will be at the end, that means Salvation 'he' the Holy Spirit was here from the beginning, it is said that the Pharisees would of known Jesus if ? they had eyes to see and ears to hear and Nathaniel knew Jesus directly.

When one becomes Born Again and as one becomes more enlightened the grave sinful nature is under control because one knows Jesus and abiding in him and comprehends the workings of Satan, so one can deal with that from a better perspective, so when a true Saint says he is a sinner he knows or is aware of his sins but they are not grave sins.

I hear people claim that Jesus defeated Satan ? no he did not, he just exposed Satan for who he truly is and showed us how to deal with him. Satan has no grasp over True Born again Christians or the Saints.

There's no scripture that says that.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then, you have just condemned yourself, because I used your own reasoning to prove my point.

Well, maybe you did not understand what I said, or I was not clear enough.
Either way.

I don't think you will ever find somebody in agreement with you on this forum.
You seem to have an attitude of constant disagreement with people.

If I would say "You Are Right"....you would probably disagree with me.

Lol

OR you would say "There's no Scripture That Says That.

Have a great weekend.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Well, maybe you did not understand what I said, or I was not clear enough.
Either way.

I don't think you will ever find somebody in agreement with you on this forum.
You seem to have an attitude of constant disagreement with people.

If I would say "You Are Right"....you would probably disagree with me.

Lol

OR you would say "There's no Scripture That Says That.

Have a great weekend.

Pretty much everything I have said, I have backed it up with scriptures. So what you are saying is that nobody on this forum agrees with the scriptures that I post. So if anyone is in disagreement with me, it's not me they disagree with, but it's with God they are disagreeing with. But you seem to take it upon yourself to speak for everyone.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty much everything I have said, I have backed it up with scriptures. So what you are saying is that nobody on this forum agrees with the scriptures that I post. So if anyone is in disagreement with me, it's not me they disagree with, but it's with God they are disagreeing with. But you seem to take it upon yourself to speak for everyone.
"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." Prov 3:5-7

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." Prov 3:5-7

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

That is why I back up what I say with scriptures. But not many here does that, which is why they tend to disagree with my posts.

Reactions: amadeus

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was with sin because she sang a song that declared her love of God as her Savior too.

Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. 50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

I do not read anything in her song or after that saying that she deserved this honor of being His mother. The Lord had mercy on her for why this honor came to her.

So all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God is true for everybody else, but Jesus.

The idea of Mary being without sin is Catholic in origin in trying to explain how Jesus was without sin. To follow that false notion is to say that both Mary's parents had to be without sin and so forth and so on. Jesus being conceived by the Holy Ghost is how He alone was born without sin. That should be obvious when nobody else was conceived that way but by a human father.

B

brakelite

Okay. I contributed a little early on, but didn;t follow the conversation. Have now tried to catch up, but couldn't get past page 4 or 5. So notwithstanding the possibility that someone has mentioned this previously, I would like to cite a couple of verses regarding our "doing". Now don't get me wrong. I am not boasting. I am not citing these texts as evidence we are saved by our works. We aren't. Nevertheless, here they are. Do with them as you will, it aint me talking.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Now forgive me for thinking that although we obviously are saved by grace through faith, and not of works, on reading the above scriptures it would appear that doing stuff, like obedience for example, and not doing stuff, has a very powerful bearing on where we spend eternity. Without any contradiction, we need to reconcile the obvious vital importance of doing what God requires in obedience to His calling and in practical service to others, with our acceptance through faith of His grace and mercy. What we cannot do, is boast, and what we cannot do is do nothing.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay. I contributed a little early on, but didn;t follow the conversation. Have now tried to catch up, but couldn't get past page 4 or 5. So notwithstanding the possibility that someone has mentioned this previously, I would like to cite a couple of verses regarding our "doing". Now don't get me wrong. I am not boasting. I am not citing these texts as evidence we are saved by our works. We aren't. Nevertheless, here they are. Do with them as you will, it aint me talking.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Now forgive me for thinking that although we obviously are saved by grace through faith, and not of works, on reading the above scriptures it would appear that doing stuff, like obedience for example, and not doing stuff, has a very powerful bearing on where we spend eternity. Without any contradiction, we need to reconcile the obvious vital importance of doing what God requires in obedience to His calling and in practical service to others, with our acceptance through faith of His grace and mercy. What we cannot do, is boast, and what we cannot do is do nothing.

I agree , as long as we do not fall into the trap of some...who believe that they "do what they do" to cause themselves to be more righteous.

We DO because we love Him, we do not do because we have to do.
As soon as they add the 'have to', 'must do' ...we are right back working to keep salvation. ( adding to the finished work of Christ.)

So, the motivation of our heart much be checked by us...or we are back under 'works to earn'.

Reactions: Triumph1300

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We will be judged by what we build on that foundation; the works of the flesh or the fruits of the Spirit. 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 Those that do not depart from iniquity in having their temple of the Holy Spirit defiled before the Bridegroom comes, will be destroyed, as in physical death in that day, but the spirit is still saved because they are still His. When God judges His House first at the pre great trib rapture event, those abiding in Him by His grace & by His help as our confidence is in Him to finish His work in us, shall be received as vessels unto honor in His House. Those that did not look to Him for help in laying aside every weight & sin in running that race of abiding in Him as His disciple will become castaways at the pre great trib rapture event. This is where the vessels unto dishonor comes from that are still in His House that will be resurrected later on after the great tribulation.

As for the references; applying it with His discernment is key;

I am seeing how this is about when every one is being judged, that this is the white throne judgment in judging everybody after the defeat of Satan when he was released from the pit after a thousand year reign. Everybody that has not been judged before hand; at the firstfruit of the resurrection or after the great tribulation, they will be judged then as it is an everlasting punishment; the lake of fire.

Blessed are those that have not seen Him and yet believe cannot be carried over to that generation coming out of the millennium reign when they have seen the Lord Jesus Christ reigning as the King of kings for a thousand years and so they will be judged by their actions of love or lack thereof.

The above reference is in regards to judgment at the House of God at the pre great trib rapture. Luke 12:40-49 gives more clues that those left behind are still His servants seeing how they are receiving stripes for not abiding nor being willing to leave this life when the Bridegroom had come.

The above reference is to the prophecy of the falling away from the faith by engaging in iniquity; works that deny Him ( Titus 1:15-16 ), they will be denied by Him ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ) but even if they believe not in Him any more, He still abides even in former believers ( 2 Timothy 2:13 & 2 Timothy 2:18-21 ) for why even former believers are still His having His seal but called to depart from iniquity or else risk becoming a vessel unto dishonor.

Our works will be judged by what we build on that foundation, but only the works that deny Him will be burned away but that foundation remains forever as well as that seal of adoption. Those that do not depart from iniquity before the Bridegroom comes, shall be disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper held in His honor.

Indeed, the crowns I hope to receive by Him are really His crowning achievements in me as the crowns testify to His glory in bringing me Home as a vessel unto honor. So the race I run is still by faith & confidence in Jesus Christ to finish as I hope in His mercy in being my Friend and Good Shepherd in leading me away from temptations that seek to dominate me, as well as from the evil one, to dwell in the House of the Lord as a vessel unto honor rather than a vessel unto dishonor.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There's no scripture that says that.
Hail Marry Full of Grace the Lord is with you.
Full of Grace ! ?
Only two people in the Bible who are Full of Grace, Marry and Nathaniel.
Mary is without Sin, not under the power of Sin just like any true Saint.
When people love to play the Satanic card making out that Mary is just another Slut or whore like all women are claimed to be by such people, you do dis service to Jesus.
Jesus was born to incorruptible seed and Mary came down the Judah line and all, as it is written, and many a Judah Woman had such a hope back in the days.

Many people on this forum idolise the Jews as the hope for the world, well there you go I have just pointed one out to you for a fact, so go and embrace her for crying out loud she was Blessed by God ! not some idiot so called Jew who rejects Salvation for a wannabe gods.

But sadly many do not embrace her because they reject Jesus Christ in fact, because you hate Her or look down on her as nothing at all but a incubator, typically Satanic. no wonder people worship Moloch like god nowadays abortion on demand is the greatest murdering, not to mention biggest killer by far in the world and most are happy with such in our lives but hey guns are killers as well, I wonder what the facts of percentage rate is of people shot to aborted is, 2 to 1 maybe one may think, well I know it's more than 100 to 1 but you know what it's more than 1000 to 1 what does that say about society we live in and how women are abused not to mention abusing themselves.
No wonder Marry is just cast aside as trash.

Just remember I am not idolising Marry as some idiot RC do, but she has a place in the Bible and is a Saint and is a great roll model for women for sure.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Yoda, Luke said; is the darkside stronger ?
Yoda; No no no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Fear is the path to the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Beware the darkside, it'll get you drunk !

" When you look at the darkside, be careful you must be. for the darkside looks back".

Do or do not, there is no try.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many people on this forum idolise the Jews as the hope for the world

Who on this forum?

The only hope for this world is Jesus Christ, and I don't think any Christian on this forum would disagree with this.

Where do you get your crazy ideas from?

I will not even comment on the rest of your post.
There's no use.