Religious Delusions?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I hear or read, "The Lord told me...." or, "I was led by the Lord to...." I toss it into the rubbish bin. That is delusional and I'd be truly scammed to believe it without proof; proof such raising the dead or some such. The Apostles themselves gave miracles as proof of their messages; why should we expect less from any other ordinary or unknown person in this day? Our entire Bible is confirmed by miracles so grand they could not be denied, especially the resurrection that divided history into BC and AD.

I can believe, "A verse came to mind prompting my decision, and probably the Holy Spirit caused that verse to come to mind..." that I can accept. Or, I can also accept the statement that "A certain passage of scripture leads me to believe this, that or the other is the best course of action."

It is no wonder there are hundreds of differing groups claiming to be holding to the Christian truth, when they depart from the written word, and listen to the voices in their head. In other realms of life we'd be sending for the men with the white coats to cart these people away for their own good as well as the safety of society.

Reactions: Jim C

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I hear or read, "The Lord told me...." or, "I was led by the Lord to...." I toss it into the rubbish bin. That is delusional and I'd be truly scammed to believe it without proof; proof such raising the dead or some such. The Apostles themselves gave miracles as proof of their messages; why should we expect less from any other ordinary or unknown person in this day? Our entire Bible is confirmed by miracles so grand they could not be denied, especially the resurrection that divided history into BC and AD.

I can believe, "A verse came to mind prompting my decision, and probably the Holy Spirit caused that verse to come to mind..." that I can accept. Or, I can also accept the statement that "A certain passage of scripture leads me to believe this, that or the other is the best course of action."

It is no wonder there are hundreds of differing groups claiming to be holding to the Christian truth, when they depart from the written word, and listen to the voices in their head. In other realms of life we'd be sending for the men with the white coats to cart these people away for their own good as well as the safety of society.
Do you believe God may speak personally to your heart? I most certainly do.

You can toss it in the trash, or you can reserve judgment, and allow that your Creator just might want to have a relationship with you in the here and now.

I hope you can have an open mind about this, as you remain daily in His Word.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe God may speak personally to your heart? I most certainly do.

You can toss it in the trash, or you can reserve judgment, and allow that your Creator just might want to have a relationship with you in the here and now.

I hope you can have an open mind about this, as you remain daily in His Word.

Much love!
no doubt in my mind that GOD does speak directly to our heart .
No doubt about that my friend .
And i sure seem to notice something about GOD
whatever HE SPEAKS to my heart , HAS NEVER ONCE CONTRADICTED THE HOLY SCRIPTURES .
And HE PUT ME IN THAT BOOK . GOTTA LOVE and EMBRACE HIM my friend .
GOD speaks to us all right , BUT GOD aint gonna contradict HIS OWN WORDS in that bible . SATAN WILL
most all of christendom even will , BUT GOD WONT . HIS SPIRIT WONT . Guess you know why i am so hated .
THIS GRINGO wont budge from the bible . NO MAN can make me either . I KNOW what is coming against folks like me
AND It dont scare me a bit . GOD is with the lambs , IF I DIE or suffer FOR HIM , all that matters and mattered
and ever will have mattered is HE IS WITH ME and BECAUSE OF HIM and HE ALONE i have a real good end
when this vapor life is done with . THIS LAMB NEVAH gonna be budged from the bible and if any voice
AN ANGEL , A DONKEY , A TREE , A FISH or a bird or any man cometh and says a word contrary to what is written
WOULD YOU LIKE TO GUESS what i am gonna do , NOT HEED A WORD OF what they have to say . BIBLE TIME .
This lamb has chosen to die if GOD WILLS IT , upon that hill . THE GOD of the bible will be MY GOD
the CHRIST OF the bible will be MY CHRIST and all else GETS TESTED against THEM HOLY PURE AND WONDERFUL WORDS .

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't necessarily reject them out of hand, but I do filter them thru scripture, which weeds out most.
In my experience, people who use those phrases, more often than not, are a) trying to justify doing something not supported by scripture and b) trying to cut off discussion on the topic.

My philosophy: God didn't give us scripture just to turn around and tell people individually to ignore it.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no doubt in my mind that GOD does speak directly to our heart .
No doubt about that my friend .
And i sure seem to notice something about GOD
whatever HE SPEAKS to my heart , HAS NEVER ONCE CONTRADICTED THE HOLY SCRIPTURES .
And HE PUT ME IN THAT BOOK . GOTTA LOVE and EMBRACE HIM my friend .
GOD speaks to us all right , BUT GOD aint gonna contradict HIS OWN WORDS in that bible . SATAN WILL
most all of christendom even will , BUT GOD WONT . HIS SPIRIT WONT . Guess you know why i am so hated .
THIS GRINGO wont budge from the bible . NO MAN can make me either . I KNOW what is coming against folks like me
AND It dont scare me a bit . GOD is with the lambs , IF I DIE or suffer FOR HIM , all that matters and mattered
and ever will have mattered is HE IS WITH ME and BECAUSE OF HIM and HE ALONE i have a real good end
when this vapor life is done with . THIS LAMB NEVAH gonna be budged from the bible and if any voice
AN ANGEL , A DONKEY , A TREE , A FISH or a bird or any man cometh and says a word contrary to what is written
WOULD YOU LIKE TO GUESS what i am gonna do , NOT HEED A WORD OF what they have to say . BIBLE TIME .
This lamb has chosen to die if GOD WILLS IT , upon that hill . THE GOD of the bible will be MY GOD
the CHRIST OF the bible will be MY CHRIST and all else GETS TESTED against THEM HOLY PURE AND WONDERFUL WORDS .
AMEN.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't necessarily reject them out of hand, but I do filter them thru scripture, which weeds out most.
In my experience, people who use those phrases, more often than not, are a) trying to justify doing something not supported by scripture and b) trying to cut off discussion on the topic.

My philosophy: God didn't give us scripture just to turn around and tell people individually to ignore it.
True . not all , BUT MOST DO exactly that my friend . Most think they hear from GOD
only what they heard CONTRADICTS what is already written in the bible . I WONT HEED A WORD from them folks .
NOT a word , rather i shall expose them . NOT even a word from them . NO , not a word .
THE MOMENT what they say or do contradicts scriptures , THEY be rebuked , warned , and not one word
they say will be heeded .
I see many clowns of men today , AND all claiming they heard from GOD , YET WHEN THEIR WORD was tested
agaisnt scriptures, OOPSY IT FELL FAR SHORT and contradicted what was already written . I HEED NO SUCH MEN of belial .
NO such men of belial . BUT yes GOD still speaks to us and folks can still prophesy by the SPIRIT .
ONLY IT BETTER BE THE HOLY SPIRIT and that SPIRIT WILL NEVER EVER , EVER , EVER , NO NOT EVEN ONCE
CONTRADICT THE HOLY WORDS in that HOLY BIBLE . IF IT DO , IT AINT THE HOLY SPIRIT and that BE A FACT
and its something i am prepared to die for . I want nothing to do with one word of anything
that would dare to even try and even barley twist even a word in them scriptures . ITS DUNG if it do and its crap i wont be heeding .
ARMOUR UP cause true lambs will BE HATED MASSIVELY in the days to come .
THOSE WHO WONT go with the flow of the many and rather stay glued on the TRUTH , WILL ONLY BE HATED MORE AND MORE
as time goes on .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One of my favorite examples of God speaking to me,

I had a bad mouth infection that didn't resolve for several months. Between the pain and the antibiotics I could barely eat and couldn't digest. The last couple of weeks were terrible. I lost 25 lbs in 2 weeks. Much of my muscle mass was gone. I was in bed so much my back was a mass of spasms due to pinched nerves, and nerve damage. This was a very bad time.

I remember laying in my bed, realizing, if I don't get out of this bed, and start to eat something, I'm going to die here! And I prayed, and asked God, What can I even eat???

His answer was quick, and clear. Eat yogurt, and eat figs.

Yogurt!! Duh!! I should have known that! Of course, it's perfect! Soft, protein, and probiotics. But figs? I'd never had a fig in my life!

So I got some yogurt, and got some figs, and started to eat them.

Figs?

After I was recovering, I researched about figs. They are known for repairing nerve, muscle, and bone damage. Wow! It's like God knows what I need!

I knew about yogurt, but figs weren't ever a part of my life. That was God telling me what I should eat, when I asked Him. I still eat them every day, I love figs! And I've learn that it makes my hair grow thicker. I slowly becoming bald on top, and now it's filled back in. I know its the figs, because over the past 4 or 5 years I've stopped eating them for a bit, 4 times I did this, to see my hair thin out. When I start eating them again, it fills back in.

Figs! Who knew? God. And He told.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I had a bad mouth infection that didn't resolve for several months. Between the pain and the antibiotics I could barely eat and couldn't digest. The last couple of weeks were terrible. I lost 25 lbs in 2 weeks. Much of my muscle mass was gone. I was in bed so much my back was a mass of spasms due to pinched nerves, and nerve damage. This was a very bad time.

I remember laying in my bed, realizing, if I don't get out of this bed, and start to eat something, I'm going to die here! And I prayed, and asked God, What can I even eat???

Yogurt!! Duh!! I should have known that! Of course, it's perfect! Soft, protein, and probiotics. But figs? I'd never had a fig in my life!

Figs?

After I was recovering, I researched about figs. They are known for repairing nerve, muscle, and bone damage. Wow! It's like God knows what I need!

I knew about yogurt, but figs weren't ever a part of my life. That was God telling me what I should eat, when I asked Him. I still eat them every day, I love figs! And I've learn that it makes my hair grow thicker. I slowly becoming bald on top, and now it's filled back in. I know its the figs, because over the past 4 or 5 years I've stopped eating them for a bit, 4 times I did this, to see my hair thin out. When I start eating them again, it fills back in.

Much love!
AND NOW let us feast upon the words of SPIRIT and of TRUTH .
JESUS said MY WORDS are SPIRIT and they are LIFE . HE IS THE TRUTH . GET Planted in the bible
and let all that has breath praise and thank the glorious LORD my friend .

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Figs?

Much love!
Wow. Go figure.

Seriously, tho, your experience is why I don't dismiss things out of hand. Certainly nothing that goes against scripture-- quite the opposite in fact. God answers prayer!

And, interestingly, figs are mentioned many times in the Bible.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Figs?

Much love!
Figs sound good . I have not eaten them in a long time . I just have to find the natural figs
and not that junk they coated with all that nasty refined sugar and corn syrup .
Do you know where one can find just good natural figs .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Raise those hands and praise and thank the glorious LORD my friend

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Figs sound good . I have not eaten them in a long time . I just have to find the natural figs
and not that junk they coated with all that nasty refined sugar and corn syrup .
Do you know where one can find just good natural figs .
God is so good! Several people at our new church have fig trees, they've been sharing them around.

Mostly I eat the dried Turkish figs I get from Sprouts Farmers Market.

1696613128014.png
Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Figs?

Much love!
March onwards in the glorious LORD .
years ago i once went to this web site .
I was examinging what the owner was writing .
EVERY WORD was lining up with the scriptures.
YET , YET i kept getting this unction that something is dead wrong about this site .
SO THEN i went to the next page . SEE THE DUDE knew all the right stuff to say
BUT On that next page he was offering up new age books . OH YEAH GOD SPEAKS TO OUR HEARTS .
SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT IS REAL INDEED . And i soon found out WHY i had been ucntioned with such warning
to beware this site . THE DUDE was saying all the right stuff , YET he was A DECIEVER . Be on guard
cause many can lip some truths and yet all the while be there to DECIEVE . GOTTA CONTINUALLY EVERY day
TEST everything they do teach . Never trust in man . LET GOD BE TRUE but every man a liar .
We love them , BUT DO NOT TRUST in man , HECK dont trust in your own self . THE ONLY ONE WE CAN TRUST IN IS GOD , IS CHRIST
IS HIS WORDS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is so good! Several people at our new church have fig trees, they've been sharing them around.

Mostly I eat the dried Turkish figs I get from Sprouts Farmers Market.

View attachment 36840
Much love!
416 west avenue M
San angelo , texas , 76903
You can mail them under the name AMIGO DE CHRIST .
Or not . whatever you want to do my friend . THEY look good and tasty and healthy .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
416 west avenue M
San angelo , texas , 76903
You can mail them under the name AMIGO DE CHRIST .
Or not . whatever you want to do my friend . THEY look good and tasty and healthy .
Sometimes they taste just like honey! Let's see if I can pull it together enough to get some out to you!

Much love!

• Love

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
March onwards in the glorious LORD .
years ago i once went to this web site .
I was examinging what the owner was writing .
EVERY WORD was lining up with the scriptures.
YET , YET i kept getting this unction that something is dead wrong about this site .
SO THEN i went to the next page . SEE THE DUDE knew all the right stuff to say
BUT On that next page he was offering up new age books . OH YEAH GOD SPEAKS TO OUR HEARTS .
SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT IS REAL INDEED . And i soon found out WHY i had been ucntioned with such warning
to beware this site . THE DUDE was saying all the right stuff , YET he was A DECIEVER . Be on guard
cause many can lip some truths and yet all the while be there to DECIEVE . GOTTA CONTINUALLY EVERY day
TEST everything they do teach . Never trust in man . LET GOD BE TRUE but every man a liar .
We love them , BUT DO NOT TRUST in man , HECK dont trust in your own self . THE ONLY ONE WE CAN TRUST IN IS GOD , IS CHRIST
IS HIS WORDS .
Yeah, there are a lot of people who know the Christianese to get their foot in the door. We see them here too! But everyone eventually reveals themself in their words.

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.​

Certainly one should not believe anything and everything that comes along. There are warnings. But to expect an old world miracle as those of the first two days before the third day of Christ--is to expect the past in the present. Those days have passed.

And He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.’​

This is that "third day" and "perfection" is of the spirit--not fulfilled by miracles of the worldly elements and of the flesh, but the passing thereof. Which is not to say they do not occur, but rather that they do not occur for a proof of what is not of this world and the present day for those who do not believe.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Figs?

Much love!

Great testimony, Mark. I told this story once on FP. When I was a boy, maybe 6, one of my parents left me in the car with the engine running. I think it was in the morning, and they must have gone in the house to get something quick. Anyway, I had the strangest feeling come over me. I knew something bad was about to happen, but I didn't know what. It was just a sudden sense of urgency. About that time, the car started to back out on its own from the driveway and into the street. I was scared, but I didn't know what to do; I was just a kid. The car rolled backwards until it ran into a chainlink fence and stopped. Luckily, no cars were coming at the time. I still remember it to this day. I've never felt anything like that before or since.

I believe God or an angel was trying to warn me; I just didn't understand it at the time. God can speak to us in many ways. A lot of times in the Bible, it was through dreams or visions. My mom once told me something was wrong with her car. She had a dream of what the problem was, and the next morning she knew exactly how to fix it. It was during a period in her life that she had many prophetic dreams. So, yes. God can speak in many ways. An audiable voice is probably the least common, but still possible. If someone says they heard something from the Lord, there's no way to really prove they did or not. But time is a good indicator of whether something is true or not. If it comes to pass, you know it was from the Lord.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra and marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, there are a lot of people who know the Christianese to get their foot in the door. We see them here too! But everyone eventually reveals themself in their words.

Much love!
By their words . If by that you mean their words contradict GODS words then i say amen .
I seen this phrase getting used a lot mark . Ye shall know them by their words . WHICH on the surface be true
, HOWEVER its all over the inclusive realm . And they are twisting it to mean something it never meant .
JESUS was not a monster because he rebuked sharply
nor was paul , nor james , nor jude . nor peter . I dare us all to open the bible
and see their approach towards sin and error . BUT be prepared to invest in many boxes of tissue paper or kleenex
For tears and snot from deep sobbing will ensue . WE BEEN DUPED MARK . Now you might be asking why i say WE .
WELL , its not because i am duped , THANKS TO GOD AND HE ALONE , but i weep for the many within christendom
OH HOW I desired good for the people . OH HOW i desired such good . ONLY MOST WILL NOT .
THEY Dont like the version of GOOD or TRUTH , OR LOVE i bring . CAUSE IT EXPOSES SIN and wont allow it
within the church . To many i simply be the monster. The how dare thee judge monster .
YET , Onwards i go mark by the grace of GOD , counting the cost and continuing to be sincere grave , serious
against EVEN THE SMALLEST appearance of leaven within the church . I Hold no ill will towards any .
But do know this mark . KNOW it well . may the depths of hell itself , the very lake of fire
be turned to a river of ice LONG before i stop being serious , sincere , grave and warning against any error
i see within anyone within the church . IT is written man shall not live by bread alone but by EVERY WORD OF GOD .
I watch people mark . I see who puts likes on certain posts too . Even the posts of those WHO HAVE BIG TIME DENIED JESUS CHRIST .
Emotions are not what we are to be led by . There is a way which SEEMS SO RIGHT TO MAN , SO LOVEY DO
so caring to man , BUT THE END OF IT IS DEATH . JESUS KNEW and KNOWS HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHURCH .
READ the gospels . READ REVELATION AND HIS MESSAGE FROM HEAVEN .
THAT JESUS SURE didnt seem as the jesus nor the love i see today . HE SEEMED QUITE SERIOUS , QUITE GRAVE TOO .
GOD knows and has always known what is best for man . I suggest we get back in them bibles and learn HIS PATTERN .

Reactions: Marvelloustime