Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Call me what you like, even a 'sewer', you can't go wrong for that's what I am. If only, I pray I'm good enough for digested crumbs off God's table of Feast of Christ.

Sorry, don't take any offense, I just meant 'sewer' as in 'sewing machinist' and was just throwing about one of my puns. And Hey you are good enough if you are born again. ;)

We have had one of these threads before and it got pretty wild, just adding some sweetness into it. :)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess i better make my position clear on this, a day of rest is so important in the busy world, it's not good to work 7 days every week, because then people just grind themselves to the ground, but when it comes to you must rest on a Saturday, you must not do anything on a Saturday, you must go to Church on a Saturday, that's when it just becomes legalism of do's and don'ts and that's not the problem, but the problem is when people make Old Testament Jewish Law their primary focus, when Jesus and what he has done should be the main focus of the faith.

Today the New Testament Sabbath is a whenever you rest in the Lord, it doesn't matter if your (day of rest or days of rest) is a Saturday, Sunday or a Monday, when Jesus died on the cross the curtain was torn into 2, it was the end of the Old and into the New, it was a start of a new era, a new day, we can find out what happened when we read about Peter's vision Acts 10:9-16.

9 The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour. 10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance 11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds in the air. 13 And a voice came to him, "Rise Peter; kill and eat." 14 But Peter said "Not so Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean." 15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common." 16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up to heaven again.

This is a great vision in the New Testament, I believe this vision paints a bigger picture and has a deeper meaning than the literal, and applies to the Sabbath too, now not just the Sabbath is a Saturday, but can be every day, any time we spend with God, any time we rest in his presence, for every born again believer has been cleansed!, we may have ups and downs, rights and wrongs throughout the day, but because of what Jesus did on that cross 2000 years ago, every day has been cleansed by his blood, because we are living under the new covenant of God's grace. When you pray for Jesus to help you before you go to work on a Thursday, the day has been cleansed, it has been handed to Jesus. The Bible is a very symbolic book, and it's to be taken supernaturally, we gotta not look at just the natural, but the supernatural, there is a link between Acts 10:16 and Jesus's death and resurrection on the 3rd day, Peter was shown 3 times the object with all these animals in it in his vision and it was taken up to heaven, I believe that object with all the creatures that were once unclean, represents everything Jesus had cleansed and has made new, when he shed his cleansing blood on that cross!

And what was Jesus's response to those waiting to accuse him of breaking a Sabbath keeping?

Mark 3:1-6

1 He entered again into a synagogue; and a man was there whose hand was withered. 2 They were watching Him to see if He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him. 3 He said to the man with the withered hand, “Get up and come forward!” 4 And He said to them, “Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill?” But they kept silent. 5 After looking around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored. 6 The Pharisees went out and immediately began conspiring with the Herodians against Him, as to how they might destroy Him.

:)

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you any understanding?
What is there to understand. Death came into the world because of Adam, sin has existed ever since that time, but there was no "law" to condemn man. Moses by brought condemnation to teh world by the law. Now if Abraham kept teh law perfect, there would have being no need for Christ. So why are we not worshiping Abraham. There is only one found perfect, teh Lamb of God, Jesus Christ, or God is a liar.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There was laws in the Garden, Adam was instructed to take charge over the Garden
That is not a law, how mankind had changed God into a hard taskmaster like this,

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

God gave Adam a job to do, that is not a law, when it ell my kids , dont put your hand on the hot plate you will get burnt" it is not a law. It is an instruction so you dont burn yourself, just as God did with Adam an the tree, and just like an innocent ch9ild he did what he was instrutcted to do and got burn, He learned a lesson. Thats how we learn,

its no wonder so many are turning to other religions when they may God lower than a man.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
...is an always rotten, '~fruit of salvation~'. ALWAYS! If not for FORGIVENESS of the sins of the saved, they would be LOST.

How many times have we heard this to one billionth diluted version of forgiveness which is as synergistic as is forgiveness to one billionth contaminated with any saved person's good acts or good intentions. God forbid!
Wow! You are saying that obeying YHWH's commandments is rotten fruit??? It is the forgiveness of sins (disobedience by breaking YHWH's laws) through Yeshua's shed blood that leads to obedience. We no longer live a lifestyle of disobedience as in the past.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Excellent post, just sad that the grand reason and substance of its excellence, Christ's Resurrection from the dead "on the Sabbath", so that "God the Seventh Day from all his works, RESTED", is silently obliterated.
How did God rest on the 7th day if He worked to resurrect His Son and if He woke His Son up from his resting on the Sabbath?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So Sunday can not be the new sabbath. It is the day believers as an assembly, wanted to honor and glorify the Lord in fellowship on, because He had risen on that day of the week.

Matthew 28:1In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre

The Lord be praised for your courage and honesty, brother in Jesus Christ. This is the first time I am witnessing the confession of the Heart of the Gospel of Jesus Christ so unambiguously and BOLDLY. The Lord bless you and keep you

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How did God rest on the 7th day if He worked to resurrect His Son and if He woke His Son up from his resting on the Sabbath?

"God from all his WORKS, RESTED the Sabbath Day" because "God's UTMOST ENERGISING THE POWER OF HIS MIGHTY STRENGTH RAISING CHRIST FROM THE DEAD", was and IS, "GOD the day The Seventh Day, RESTING." It says further that "God when He (from death's FAST) raised Christ from the dead... He SET / SEATED / ENTHRONED / RESTED Him UP ON his own RIGHT HAND (Throne): His Heavenly The Most Holy Place... HIS NAME!" Ephesians 1:20 and Isaiah 57:15

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Creation sets when the day starts for the Jewish people and that is at sunset and ends at sunset and so when it says this about being late towards the end of teh sabbath, it was approaching sunset when the next day, the first day of the week begins in Matthew 28:1. That verse was not testifying that the first day of the week was the sabbath when it was ending before the first day began at sunset.

Correct; thank God! But instead the Sunday go to churchers corrupted this and every other Scripture bearing on the day of the week on which Jesus rose from the grave and death.

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'~These~' you're writing about, '~are~' not, '~a Shadow of things to Come~'; THEY HAD BEEN! So, for what you are '~reenacting our Passover~', 'feeling' you are 'part of that Great Day of Salvation~', cannot be 'through Scripture', while it can only be what it is, your 'feeling' to the depredation of "Christ the Substance of Feast of Sabbaths" NOW that "God hath RAISED Him from the dead (and) Christ in it hath TRIUMPHED".

As Peter said not having a good grasp of the Scripture's OT, many twist them to their own Destruction.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fall feasts clearly are the passover in the small, a 'micro-cosmic' passover so that all year round Israel was reminded of God's GREAT ACT of deliverance "in the beginning of time (months) for you" with the passover.
Note the first week from the 10th to the 14th day of the month shortened into the 9th and 10th of the 7th month;
and note the following "eight" days feast of "branches of palm trees" gathered on the 14th day of the Seventh Month (just like the first sheaf of winter harvest was cut and gathered on the 14th day of the First Month), in order to stay in booths from the 15th day of the month (in lieu of the seven days ulb from the 15th day of the First Month and fifty days to Pentecost),
based on and for reason of:
"That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths WHEN I BROUGHT THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT".
And yes, notice the "branches of palm trees" so characteristic of the passover and of Jesus' fulfilment of the passover! Ezekiel 40.
Also note the stress on repentance for the 'day of judgement' which at the passover and exodus was required of Pharaoh, now required of the nation of Israel in the 'fall feasts'!

Again Peter state's that Paul write's many thing's that are hard to understand to those that are unlearned in the Scripture's "OT" and so they twist them to their Own Destruction!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fall feasts clearly are the passover in the small, a 'micro-cosmic' passover so that all year round Israel was reminded of God's GREAT ACT of deliverance "in the beginning of time (months) for you" with the passover.
Note the first week from the 10th to the 14th day of the month shortened into the 9th and 10th of the 7th month;
and note the following "eight" days feast of "branches of palm trees" gathered on the 14th day of the Seventh Month (just like the first sheaf of winter harvest was cut and gathered on the 14th day of the First Month), in order to stay in booths from the 15th day of the month (in lieu of the seven days ulb from the 15th day of the First Month and fifty days to Pentecost),
based on and for reason of:
"That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths WHEN I BROUGHT THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT".
And yes, notice the "branches of palm trees" so characteristic of the passover and of Jesus' fulfilment of the passover! Ezekiel 40.
Also note the stress on repentance for the 'day of judgement' which at the passover and exodus was required of Pharaoh, now required of the nation of Israel in the 'fall feasts'!

SAME AS THE LAST 3 RESPONSES!!!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul did not order all the churches, but only the churches of Galatia (1 Corinthians 16:1). There were many more churches than those few in Galatia, yet they were not ordered to make collections.

Are you forgetting the letter is to the Corinthians? If the order was given to all churches in Galatia, then the order stands for all churches.

1 Corinthians 16:1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week........

I think you are reading the setting aside of support for missionary outreach into the texts concerning the collection for Jerusalem.

Only because the order for the collection for the saints has nothing to do with that church's liberality to give to Jerusalem.

All Ten Commandments are an "ongoing thing". The New Covenant with its inwardly written Torah and the indwelling Holy Spirit empowers a person to obey the law, not to be saved, but as a fruit of salvation. Obedience to any command of YHWH or Yeshua is a fruit of salvation.

Ask yourself this then; if you agree that the majority of churches today are not keeping the sabbath day as they ought to, and that we are living in the latter days, how come nowhere in the warnings given to the 7 churches in Revelation was there a rebuke for not keeping the sabbath day or better yet, as there were 2 churches that were good out of the 7, why wasn't one praised for keeping the sabbath day?

So your emphasis for keeping the sabbath day is found wanting, brother.

I am profaning the sabbath day, but because of Jesus Christ in me, I am guiltless, because He is Lord of the sabbath day.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those that claim to keep the sabbath day, you should share how you keep the sabbath and prove it by the scriptures in the N.T.

In the O.T., you are to stone those like minded believers that do not keep the sabbath day in keeping the sabbath day in that way too. I know you guys aren't doing that.

And in the O.T. believers were not to have their servant work on that sabbath day nor have a stranger at the gate work on that sabbath day. So if you are buying gas, food, or anything that you are supposed to have taken care of before Friday sunset, that would be breaking the sabbath day because you are relying on provision by others that are working on that sabbath day. You do not get to excuse yourself by saying that because you are not working that day, it doesn't cost against you, but it does when you are paying for other of their work on that sabbath day.

So it s kind of hard to believe that nothing is given about how to keep the sabbath day in any of the epistles to Gentiles believers, especially when they are not formerly Jews as being under the commandment to do so. They did talked about the law of Moses and yet this was the only emphasis for Gentiles believers to be concern with.

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. 6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they...........

Acts 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day. 22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. 24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: 25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

Do note Act 15:19-20. It is one thing to not command them to keep the law of Moses, but clarity would have been needed if the sabbath day commandment was the exception to the Gentiles, and yet there was no exception nor was it listed among for the Gentiles to do.

So pray about this, brothers. You can honor the Lord if you want to on the sabbath day, but know that even though you are not keeping the sabbath day as it is supposed to be kept in the O.T., Jesus Christ is in you for profaning the sabbath day commandment and that is hy all believers are guiltless..

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"God from all his WORKS, RESTED the Sabbath Day" because "God's UTMOST ENERGISING THE POWER OF HIS MIGHTY STRENGTH RAISING CHRIST FROM THE DEAD", was and IS, "GOD the day The Seventh Day, RESTING." It says further that "God when He (from death's FAST) raised Christ from the dead... He SET / SEATED / ENTHRONED / RESTED Him UP ON his own RIGHT HAND (Throne): His Heavenly The Most Holy Place... HIS NAME!" Ephesians 1:20 and Isaiah 57:15
May I ask what Bible or what extra-Biblical book you are quoting from? I never heard such strange sounding verses.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Are you forgetting the letter is to the Corinthians? If the order was given to all churches in Galatia, then the order stands for all churches.

1 Corinthians 16:1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week........
So he ordered the churches of Galatia and the Corinthians. You are still assuming that includes all churches. There were about 30 other churches that did not receive the order.

Only because the order for the collection for the saints has nothing to do with that church's liberality to give to Jerusalem.
I believe the "liberality" refers to giving to the saints in Jerusalem liberally.

Ask yourself this then; if you agree that the majority of churches today are not keeping the sabbath day as they ought to, and that we are living in the latter days, how come nowhere in the warnings given to the 7 churches in Revelation was there a rebuke for not keeping the sabbath day or better yet, as there were 2 churches that were good out of the 7, why wasn't one praised for keeping the sabbath day?
A better question is, why is there no command from YHWH, Yeshua or any apostle to abolish the Sabbath or change it to Sunday or to extend the rest to any day of the week? Something as MAJOR as that (the changing of one of the Ten Commandments) and nothing is said about it? I believe all seven churches were keeping the Sabbath holy until AFTER Revelation was written. Then corruption set in.

So your emphasis for keeping the sabbath day is found wanting, brother.
My emphasis is obedience to YHWH out of love for Him and our neighbors. That is impossible to be found wanting.

I am profaning the sabbath day, but because of Jesus Christ in me, I am guiltless, because He is Lord of the sabbath day.
You are in for a rude awakening come judgment day. Your disobedience will not stand. Hopefully, since you are disobeying due to Satan's deception, you won't experience too great a loss of rewards.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
For those that claim to keep the sabbath day, you should share how you keep the sabbath and prove it by the scriptures in the N.T.

In the O.T., you are to stone those like minded believers that do not keep the sabbath day in keeping the sabbath day in that way too. I know you guys aren't doing that.
I addressed this already. Also, stoning took place after two witnesses appeared before the court system. An individual Israelite could not take it upon himself to stone someone.

And in the O.T. believers were not to have their servant work on that sabbath day nor have a stranger at the gate work on that sabbath day. So if you are buying gas, food, or anything that you are supposed to have taken care of before Friday sunset, that would be breaking the sabbath day because you are relying on provision by others that are working on that sabbath day. You do not get to excuse yourself by saying that because you are not working that day, it doesn't cost against you, but it does when you are paying for other of their work on that sabbath day.
I don't buy anything at all on the Sabbath. Nor do I work or cause anyone else to work. Friday is the preparation day for those things.

So it s kind of hard to believe that nothing is given about how to keep the sabbath day in any of the epistles to Gentiles believers, especially when they are not formerly Jews as being under the commandment to do so. They did talked about the law of Moses and yet this was the only emphasis for Gentiles believers to be concern with.
I'm sure many conversations took place between Jewish believers and Gentile converts about how to keep the Sabbath holy. The main thing is that we have the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide us in conjunction with Scripture.

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. 6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they...........

You left out the one verse that sets the CONTEXT for this issue.

Acts 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
The issue was salvation by works, not whether or not the law should be obeyed. Verses 10-11 tie into verse 1. The yoke was salvation by works, but Peter emphasized to the council that salvation was by grace.

Acts 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day. 22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. 24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: 25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

Do note Act 15:19-20. It is one thing to not command them to keep the law of Moses, but clarity would have been needed if the sabbath day commandment was the exception to the Gentiles, and yet there was no exception nor was it listed among for the Gentiles to do.
So, if the Gentiles did not need to keep the law of Moses based on your understanding of verse 5, then why are they being commanded to keep certain laws of Moses? The reality is, the Gentiles were only commanded those four laws to foster immediate fellowship between Jews and Gentiles, but they would hear and learn about the rest of the laws of Moses when the heard him read every Sabbath in the synagogues (verse 21).

So pray about this, brothers. You can honor the Lord if you want to on the sabbath day, but know that even though you are not keeping the sabbath day as it is supposed to be kept in the O.T., Jesus Christ is in you for profaning the sabbath day commandment and that is hy all believers are guiltless..
No need for me to pray. I was taught directly by the Holy Spirit and had my understanding confirmed through the gift of prophecy of a Sunday keeping Pastor who did not know me.