Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Answer the sot in his sottishness; don't answer the sot in his sottishness."

Guess who?
And this is what the law and lawlessness does to men, you can have it.

you could have done it all in one post.

1Co_13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co_13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co_13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

God bless

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmm.

When you put "serving" and teh law, religion, study, your wisdom, understanding and knowledge first before Christ, He will always be second, and if He be second He may as well be last,

And when He is first than you will have this,

Joh_14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

so few willing.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
everyday is made by God, so therefore everyday God made is Holy to those who are in Christ, everyday God gave us is a blessing, today is Sunday, it's a holy day, because it was made by God,

For six days, "God said, Let be / Let there be / Let it be ..." something tangible and measurable other than a day as such, and then the writer of the Scripture --through the Holy Spirit of course-- wrote, "And IT" --that something tangible and measurable other than a day as such-- as a result, "was: evening and morning the First Day", "the Second Day" etc. until "IT" --God's creating man--: was the Sixth Day".

Thus something tangible and measurable other than the day of God's doing that something tangible and measurable, was or made or made up the evening and the morning of "the Seventh Day". And that something tangible and measurable other than the day of God's doing that something tangible and measurable itself, was GOD'S OWN REST ON IT.
God's Rest on the Seventh Day and the day of the Seventh Day ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But have you ever seen "the handwritten" ~"dikaioma"~? No you haven't because in Colossians 2:14 it is not merely ordinances or merely the Law or merely '~the two greatest commandments~' which were crucified on the cross, but Jesus IN AND WITH WHOM AND YES, THROUGH WHOM, was "nailed to the cross" the Eternal Word and Law of God "TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY" AS CHRIST CRUCIFIED.
Your doctrine makes no sense. You say the two greatest commandments and the Law of God, including the Ten Commandments, are nailed to the cross and taken out of the way, yet you teach people they need to keep the Sabbath because Yeshua supposedly resurrected on that day. Am I understanding you correctly? If so, how can that be?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
As Pia said everyday is made by God, so therefore everyday God made is Holy to those who are in Christ, everyday God gave us is a blessing, today is Sunday, it's a holy day, because it was made by God, we could even call it SON-day if we really wanted. There is the Seventh day, but what about the 6 before. He blessed us with His creation on each of the days before.

- On the 1st day God said let there be light, God saw the light, that it was good and God divided the light from the darkness. Already we see God's holiness on the 1st day, the significance of it, is not only natural, but supernatural, that he would separate born again Believers from the world, and give Jesus to us as our way, truth and the Light, that we who follow Christ may be shining lights with the Jesus's Holy Spirit the Light in us to the dark of the world. So the 1st day of his creation is Holy and the 4th day was Holy too. Genesis 1:3-5 Genesis 1:14-19 John 8:12

. . .

So my conclusion is everyday God made is Holy.
Think Josho. You are declaring every day holy. You are reading that into Genesis 1. Did YHWH declare every day holy? No. Those are YOUR words. Here are the inspired words of Scripture;

Genesis 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it [made it holy]: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.
Show us where YHWH sanctified the other days without reading anything into the text. To sanctify is to set apart as holy. The 7th day was set apart from the other six days.

Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to YHWH: whosoever does work therein shall be put to death.
Work can be done on the other six days because they are NOT holy. They are common days for working. The 7th day is a special day for NOT working. It was blessed and sanctified for that purpose.

Isaiah 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of YHWH, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Here YHWH is teaching us how to keep His Sabbath holy. If every day is holy, do you keep every day holy by not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words? No. No one on earth does this every day. These prohibitions are reserved for the Sabbath only. Why? Because YHWH wants His people to totally focus on and commune with Him on the set apart, holy Sabbath. Our way on all other days is to do our own work, enjoy our own pleasures, and speak about not spiritual matters via our own words. Why? Because those days are NOT holy. Only the Sabbath is to be kept holy in this manner.

You can continue to believe every day is holy, but just remember that those are YOUR words and YOUR thoughts, not YHWH's.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
and our mate @bbyrd009 has the law as a stumbling block,
:rolleyes: mjr the law is not a stumbling block ok, and if you want to invoke Scripture you should maybe go read why Edom was destroyed for not allowing Israel to pass through his land, and apply that to your pov.

I know you are convinced you are holier than everyone else but i like you anyway, and really it isn't hard to see how you got there, where you are at. You need to forgive that simpleton preacher or whatever imo, and see that that is the program, your path is what is meant to happen, weird as that seems. churches are not your enemy

the heir is under the servants until he matures, right?
and who is going to ever agree with you that there are not ppl more spiritually advanced in a church?
prolly in every church, here and there.
you think you out-Jesus everyone in congregations? obv you don't, right.

lots of ordained pastors way aheads of you, ok. lots of congregational ppl too. who are also aware of the shortcomings of church i mean. But they are where the "sick" ppl are , yeh?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your doctrine makes no sense. You say the two greatest commandments and the Law of God, including the Ten Commandments, are nailed to the cross and taken out of the way, yet you teach people they need to keep the Sabbath because Yeshua supposedly resurrected on that day. Am I understanding you correctly? If so, how can that be?

You got it! Correct, at last... EXCEPT for one word, '~supposedly~'.

No, not '~supposedly~', but: "ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES THE THIRD DAY": "ON THE SABBATH ... the third day" of the Passover of Yahweh prophetically historically IN REALITY AND DIVINE TRUTH IN JESUS CHRIST. Matthew 27:64 and "ALL the Scriptures concerning the Christ.”

Shucks dear Lord, you gave me an impossible task!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat_13:58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

Mar_6:6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Mar_16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

thats why we have religion.

How does that answer the above Question

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Isaiah 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of YHWH, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Here YHWH is teaching us how to keep His Sabbath holy.

Yes, by '~teaching us~' how "The Son of Man" who "is Lord of the Sabbath", is "He Who keeps the Sabbath protecting it from being polluted" by us who "choose the things" which DISPLEASE the LORD concerning his Sabbath Rest Day "covenant".
Which things may be summarised as our unbelief in God’s works for our salvation God declared finished and blessed on the Seventh Day Sabbath Rest Day OF THE LORD GOD through Jesus Christ when He raised Him from the dead!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to YHWH: whosoever does work therein shall be put to death.

Exactly as YOU emphasised... but you hold fast your doubt and disbelief, '~because Yeshua supposedly resurrected on that day~' regardless... Genesis 2:3, "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it [made it holy]: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made."

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You got it! Correct, at last... EXCEPT for one word, '~supposedly~'.

No, not '~supposedly~', but: "ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES THE THIRD DAY": "ON THE SABBATH ... the third day" of the Passover of Yahweh prophetically historically IN REALITY AND DIVINE TRUTH IN JESUS CHRIST. Matthew 27:64 and "ALL the Scriptures concerning the Christ.”

Shucks dear Lord, you gave me an impossible task!
You have yet to provide Scripture showing he resurrected on the Sabbath.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Exactly as YOU emphasised... but you hold fast your doubt and disbelief, '~because Yeshua supposedly resurrected on that day~' regardless... Genesis 2:3, "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it [made it holy]: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made."
I am prepared to have my "doubts and disbelief" in a Sabbath day resurrection forsaken, but that will not happen until I see Scriptural proof.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You have yet to provide Scripture showing he resurrected on the Sabbath.

I have to nothing. All the indications are there in "all the Scriptures concerning the Christ and how He had to suffer and the THIRD DAY RISE".
I say, ALL, the Scriptures, plus specifically one Scripture only, Matthew 28:1 which recorded the CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence of Jesus' Resurrection on the Sabbath, plus specifically one Scripture only, Matthew 27:63,64 which recorded "the third day" Jesus told everyone He would rise on was "the day after the Preparation"-- after Friday, which was the Seventh Day Sabbath.

Then again, with or without these two specific Scriptures SHOWING Jesus rose from the dead "On the Sabbath", "ALL the Scriptures", from the earliest in Genesis 2:2,3 which say that "God the Seventh Day RESTED FROM ALL HIS WORKS", to Jesus' several prophetic parables concerning Himself such as that He would rise from the pit of death to receive the water of life "ON THE SABBATH" in Luke 14:5 and 13:15, unequivocally PROVE Jesus resurrected on the Sabbath.