Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because only God could make any day not a, but "the day": "holy": TO HIM. How many times more had the LORD to say, "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath: OF: THE LORD GOD" before you will come to realise it's not for you or anyone to decide a day or all days are holy? "The day The Seventh Day IS: Sabbath: OF: THE LORD GOD" the LORD GOD says--, "has said, BY THE SON, in these, last days"!
What do you hope to accomplish with this type of post ? There is nothing you or anyone else can do to make me believe what you are peddling....I said to someone else, that they can and will honor the Lord the way they believe it to be shown best, and I will do what has worked for me for more than 3 decades.......if you cannot accept that, please don't bother writing back to me....

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have to nothing. All the indications are there in "all the Scriptures concerning the Christ and how He had to suffer and the THIRD DAY RISE".
I believe he rose the third day as well. The first day he was in the tomb was Friday (preparation day). The second day was Sabbath and the third day was Sunday.

I say, ALL, the Scriptures, plus specifically one Scripture only, Matthew 28:1 which recorded the CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence of Jesus' Resurrection on the Sabbath
Matthew 28:1 does not mention his resurrection. It only states the Sabbath ended and the women came to the tomb shortly before dawn.

plus specifically one Scripture only, Matthew 27:63,64 which recorded "the third day" Jesus told everyone He would rise on was "the day after the Preparation"-- after Friday, which was the Seventh Day Sabbath.
Those verses say no such thing.

Mat 27:62 The next day, that is, after the day of Preparation (the Sabbath Day was "the next day"), the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered before Pilate
Mat 27:63 and said, "Sir, we remember how that impostor said, while he was still alive, 'After three days I will rise.' (three days after being killed would be a Monday afternoon. This conversation took place on the Sabbath)
Mat 27:64 Therefore order the tomb to be made secure until the third day (the third day was a Sunday), lest his disciples go and steal him away and tell the people, 'He has risen from the dead,' and the last fraud will be worse than the first."
Mat 27:65 Pilate said to them, "You have a guard of soldiers. Go, make it as secure as you can."
Mat 27:66 So they went and made the tomb secure by sealing the stone and setting a guard.
The concern was that the body would be stolen (most likely at night after the Sabbath ended). Therefore, the watch needed to be in place throughout Sunday. There is nothing here that says Yeshua would rise on the Sabbath.

Then again, with or without these two specific Scriptures SHOWING Jesus rose from the dead "On the Sabbath", "ALL the Scriptures", from the earliest in Genesis 2:2,3 which say that "God the Seventh Day RESTED FROM ALL HIS WORKS", to Jesus' several prophetic parables concerning Himself such as that He would rise from the pit of death to receive the water of life "ON THE SABBATH" in Luke 14:5 and 13:15, unequivocally PROVE Jesus resurrected on the Sabbath.
Surely you jest? Those verses are not "prophetic parables", but real life situations used to teach a lesson about doing good on the Sabbath and to point out the hypocrisy of a particular Jew.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb_3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Is that enough....
THAT IS NOT AN ANSWER
2nd Peter 2:8 is specifically aimed at those that are being disobedient. Who are they, and what are they being disobedient of!!!
I also asked you a while back, If you Loved the Lord God with all your Heart, Soul and all Your Being, and you pulled the same thing, using scripture out of context as an answer, which is not an answer. I am asking you personally, can you or will you answer these two Question's for yourself!!! Declare from your one words what are these people being disobedient to or of!
the other Question is simple, yes or no!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well, I guess I miss the point and fail to see the issue.
Maybe you could explain the issue. The moon maybe?
The moon? Why did you bring that up? GE's main argument for why people need to keep the Sabbath is because Yeshua resurrected on that day. To me, that is a flimsy argument based on assumption. Non-sabbatarians will easily reject such an argument because it is not based on Scripture. I believe the Sabbath should be kept by all New Covenant believers based on Scriptural arguments that cannot be refuted except by wishful thinking.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So 2nd pet 2:8 is specifically for the Disobedient Right So who are the disobedient, and to what are thy Disobedient of?
What has that to do with the conversation.??

Do you want to know who the disobedient are, just browse these posts, plenty of examples for you, so may walking in unbelief, disobedient because they dont believe God. Promoting religious doctrines as truth. holding onto the old instead of walking in the new, not believing in the completed, finished works of Christ, trying to prove themselves worthy by there own works,

God has a lot of disobedient children, just very few sons.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
GE's main argument for why people need to keep the Sabbath is because Yeshua resurrected on that day. To me, that is a flimsy argument based on assumption. Non-sabbatarians will easily reject such an argument because it is not based on Scripture. I believe the Sabbath should be kept by all New Covenant believers based on Scriptural arguments that cannot be refuted except by wishful thinking.

Why wrote God the Fourth Commandment -- the one in Deuteronomy 5? Why should the Sabbath be kept by all New Covenant believers based on Scriptural arguments other than the argument God uses in Deuteronomy 5? BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME one in Hebrews 4, "God thus concerning the Seventh Day spake ... in these last days ... by the Son ... And God the day The Seventh Day from all his works RESTED", "THEREFORE, IF JESUS GAVE THEM REST" -- by having Resurrected "ON THE SABBATH" -- "there THEREFORE for the People of God remains the Sabbath's-keeping".

Who is talking of '~based on Scriptural arguments that cannot be refuted~', least by wishful thinking like yours based on no Scripture whatsoever pretending, acting, they don't exist!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do you want to know who the disobedient are, just browse these posts, plenty of examples for you, so may walking in unbelief, disobedient because they dont believe God. Promoting religious doctrines as truth. holding onto the old instead of walking in the new, not believing in the completed, finished works of Christ, trying to prove themselves worthy by there own works,

Like for this excellent example of these posts.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What difference would it make, wednesday or any other day?
Man, I can't believe the issues you folks bring up here.

Do you know, I was just saying the same thing to my husband just now.
Some of these posts in many of the threads are a load of stupid blathering.
And it amazes me that people answer them...and I get amazed when I get sucked into answering some of them. :D :D :D!!