Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you know, I was just saying the same thing to my husband just now.
Some of these posts in many of the threads are a load of stupid blathering.
And it amazes me that people answer them...and I get amazed when I get sucked into answering some of them. :D :D :D!!

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What do you hope to accomplish with this type of post ? There is nothing you or anyone else can do to make me believe what you are peddling....I said to someone else, that they can and will honor the Lord the way they believe it to be shown best, and I will do what has worked for me for more than 3 decades.......if you cannot accept that, please don't bother writing back to me....

I never wanted to accomplish anything to make you believe anything. I 'peddle' nothing but God's Word, Jesus Christ according to the Scriptures and have not expected you would buy it. I only desire that which the Lord would do for us which has worked and will work for all eternity.

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never wanted to accomplish anything to make you believe anything
Nonsense....I tried to tell you a couple of times, that I'm fine with however you want to honor God.....You however keep at me, trying to tell me that I am honoring the Lord on either the wrong day, or just plain wrong.......Well, if you are sincere in what you just wrote, then please stop trying to tell me which is the 'right' day to honor my Lord..

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Nonsense....I tried to tell you a couple of times, that I'm fine with however you want to honor God.....You however keep at me, trying to tell me that I am honoring the Lord on either the wrong day, or just plain wrong.......Well, if you are sincere in what you just wrote, then please stop trying to tell me which is the 'right' day to honor my Lord..

I have not done any of the things you here are saying I have done. Pal, as far as you concern me, it is NIL!

But if you are so fine, why do you keep at coming to this discourse trying for attention but wouldn't tolerate any?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And it amazes me that people answer them...and I get amazed when I get sucked into answering some of them.

If it's such '~a load of stupid blathering ... it amazes you that people answer them~', why do you blather?
But the matter, "Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy", is Holy Scripture, not blathering of whoever's. If for you this thread is '~a load of stupid blathering~', please don't contribute to the stupidity. It would be just civil. Thanks.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I believe he rose the third day as well. The first day he was in the tomb was Friday (preparation day). The second day was Sabbath and the third day was Sunday.

'~The first day he was in the tomb was Friday (preparation day).~'
Correct.
'~The second day ... he was in the tomb ... was Sabbath~'
Correct.
"The third day" He rose on was "on the Sabbath Sabbath's-time ... the day after the Preparation"--'~Friday (preparation day)~', you, correctly, have said.

So wotwentwongwhere?
"The first day they KILLED the passover of 'Adzumohn'" = "the first day (of passover) ye shall REMOVE leaven on" on which He was crucified which was the Fifth Day 'Thursday'. That's what and where and when fwings went wong! '~The first day he was in the tomb was Friday (preparation day)~' not "the first day (of passover) ye shall KILL the passover and REMOVE leaven on", which was Thursday, not Friday.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Matthew 28:1 does not mention his resurrection. It only states the Sabbath ended and the women came to the tomb shortly before dawn.

Ja alright! However Matthew 28:1 does mention the DAY AND TIME OF DAY of his resurrection. The context was from Matthew 27:62 to the end of 28:4 AS "EXPLAINED the angel to the women" the CIRCUMSTANCES of his Resurrection "on the Sabbath Sabbath's-time" 'Saturday' "late in the mid-inclining daylight before the First Day", 'Sunday'. Cant't you read?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Mat 27:63 and said, "Sir, we remember how that impostor said, while he was still alive, 'After three days I will rise.' (three days after being killed would be a Monday afternoon. This conversation took place on the Sabbath)

Exactly! '~three days after being killed would be a Monday afternoon. This conversation took place on the Sabbath.~' Absolutely! Alleluia!
...meaning: "after three days" is the idiomatic exact equivalent of the literal, "the third day" / "on the third day" / "after two days" / "in three days".

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The concern was that the body would be stolen (most likely at night after the Sabbath ended).

Again, Re: '~The concern was that the body would be stolen (most likely at night after the Sabbath ended).~'
Perfect! Amen! So: "Have the tomb secured THIS THE THIRD AND LAST OF THE THREE DAYS he mentioned while he was still alive" so that it will be impossible for the disciples to steal the body '~at night[*] after the Sabbath~' and evidence that he did NOT rise on the third day would be lost.
[*as a variant in fact contains the words "at / by night".]

Therefore, the watch needed to be in place throughout Sunday. There is nothing here that says Yeshua would rise on the Sabbath.

Therefore, No! ~Therefore~, the watch needed to be in place "on the morning of the day after the Preparation" which was the Sabbath as you yourself say, already, and, '~throughout Sunday~' thereafter, until it could physically be proven that the body was still there and that "that deceiver who said he would rise the third day" the day before Sunday, never rose on it.

So there's nothing here that says Jesus would rise on Sunday and everything, to the very words of the text, prove that Jesus actually rose "on the Sabbath before the First Day" Sunday.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Surely you jest? Those verses are not "prophetic parables", but real life situations used to teach a lesson about doing good on the Sabbath and to point out the hypocrisy of a particular Jew.

Nor did Jesus jest. Those verses are "prophetic parables" as "ALL the Scriptures concern THE CHRIST"-- concern the REAL LIFE SITUATIONS HE EXPERIENCED through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, "prophetic parables" regarding HIM to teach the lost and saved about The Suffering Servant of the LORD, about how HE the CHRIST OUGHT TO HAVE SUFFERED AND THE THIRD DAY, '~doing good~' beyond measure "by the exceeding greatness of God's Power" on the Sabbath would RISE FORM THE DEAD and '~point out the hypocrisy~" of all men who have tried to thwart the Purpose and Plan of the Almighty Sovereign to Raise Christ from the dead "the third day", "and REST the Seventh Day from all his works which God FINISHED and PERFECTED" in Jesus Christ in that He RAISED HIM: from the dead, from death and from the grave, "on the Sabbath"!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And it amazes me that people answer them...and I get amazed when I get sucked into answering some of them. :D :D :D!!
The fact that certain issues are too far above your spiritual level does not mean they are stupid blatherings.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
'~The first day he was in the tomb was Friday (preparation day).~'
Correct.
'~The second day ... he was in the tomb ... was Sabbath~'
Correct.
"The third day" He rose on was "on the Sabbath Sabbath's-time ... the day after the Preparation"--'~Friday (preparation day)~', you, correctly, have said.

So wotwentwongwhere?
"The first day they KILLED the passover of 'Adzumohn'" = "the first day (of passover) ye shall REMOVE leaven on" on which He was crucified which was the Fifth Day 'Thursday'. That's what and where and when fwings went wong! '~The first day he was in the tomb was Friday (preparation day)~' not "the first day (of passover) ye shall KILL the passover and REMOVE leaven on", which was Thursday, not Friday.
Your post is contradictory. You said I was correct that the first day in the tomb was Friday, but then you said he died on a Thursday. If so, then he was in the tomb on Thursday making it the first day in the tomb. He was put in the tomb prior to sunset.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Ja alright! However Matthew 28:1 does mention the DAY AND TIME OF DAY of his resurrection. The context was from Matthew 27:62 to the end of 28:4 AS "EXPLAINED the angel to the women" the CIRCUMSTANCES of his Resurrection "on the Sabbath Sabbath's-time" 'Saturday' "late in the mid-inclining daylight before the First Day", 'Sunday'. Cant't you read?
You are reading a Saturday resurrection into the text. The sealing of the tomb took place on Saturday, not the resurrection.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Again, Re: '~The concern was that the body would be stolen (most likely at night after the Sabbath ended).~'
Perfect! Amen! So: "Have the tomb secured THIS THE THIRD AND LAST OF THE THREE DAYS he mentioned while he was still alive" so that it will be impossible for the disciples to steal the body '~at night[*] after the Sabbath~' and evidence that he did NOT rise on the third day would be lost.
[*as a variant in fact contains the words "at / by night".]
You make Sabbath the third day because you start the count on Thursday due to your belief that he died on a Thursday. I believe he died on a Friday.

Last edited: