Remember When?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When everywhere you looked you saw kids playing outside and having fun? What happened to those days? *Sigh*

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When everywhere you looked you saw kids playing outside and having fun? What happened to those days? *Sigh*

Growing up me and my sibs were ALWAYS outside, climbing trees, riding bikes, going to the golf course not far from us and looking for balls in the woods or the creek the golfers lost, and sold them back to whomever would buy them! An older brother of a friend two doors down used to captivate us all with his stories. We played Stone Teacher, Hop Scotch, touch football in the park behind us and so many other things! We did not have to be home until the streetlights came on :) And to thind...no cell phones or computers yet, we had a ball and never without something to do outside the house. I sure am grateful I was raised then :) We totally used our imaginations, we were PO but didn't KNOW! lol.... good memories.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hehe just in case anybody's wondering, this all came up when I was thinking about how all of the skunks in our neighborhood seem to just be coming out of hibernation now and at first I hoped that nobody was outside playing when a skunk let it loose the other day (it's rare for a skunk to spray in the daylight though) and then I realized that I hardly see any children playing around here anyways.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember when my brother and I were very young and needed money to buy candy or some other such treat. We would scour our little town [pop.1,000] for discarded used soda pop bottles [all glass in those days] filling up our little red wagon and take them to the grocery store where we would turn them in for the deposit. For quart bottles it was a nickel each. For the 12 and 16 ounce bottles it was 3 cents each. [There were no bottles measured in liters in those days.] Not much for spending money?

When you consider that the 12 ounce bottles of soda pop cost on a dime a piece and candy bars [Babe Ruth, Mars, Musketeers, Milky Way, Snickers, Big Hunk, Look, etc.] only cost a nickel it was plenty.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also remember when you could actually find child friendly kids shows. Now it's all a bunch of crap with being popular and having to look a certain way. Any nineties babies remember this show or people who have children or grandchildren who watched this with them? I sort of have been reliving my childhood and watching this again on YouTube and I still remembered the words to this song and the words to get to Dragonland by heart. "I wish, I wish with all my heart, to fly with dragons in a land apart." :D