Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God speaks to me through His Word.

I understand your fear too. I have read where people have quit reading their bibles because God talks to the now, and they dont need to.

How about Kat Kerr? :D God wakes her up daily, and Jesus told her to dye her hair pink. She says Santa lives in Heaven, and there is plenty of candy up there, too. She goes to heaven all the time.

She also battles hurricanes. With a stick.

People actually believe her.

And i don't remember the guy's name but Jesus taught him to play the saxophone. Can you imagine?

God talks to both of them. So there you go.
Yep . stick to the bible . far too many THINK they are hearing from GOD . only it aint GOD at all .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that mean you can't understand how God speaks to me through nature? An example of that is this:
A LIFE LESSON FROM A HYDRANGEA
We have had quite a prolonged dry spell here in the north west of England and today when I looked out of the window I saw that my beautiful hydrangea ‘Limelight’ was looking rather droopy and sorry for itself.
I only planted it last back end and have been looking forward to seeing its glorious blooms again. Of course I rushed out with the watering can and in a very short time it had bucked up again.
And I thought how we Christian can sometimes get wilted and a bit droopy and that we need the refreshing spring of living water from the Holy Spirit to refresh and revive us so that we are restored once again to what we are meant to be in Christ Jesus.
No that was never meant to criticize as I can’t understand how God speaks to you through nature. The opposite. I like what you shared about the wilting of the plant and the watering. And how you could see Him in this refreshing. Only meant I can relate in beautiful things but (I not you) struggle sometimes with the snake and the baby birds not seeing something withering; but the sinking of my stomach when I find a snake has gotten into the box.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No that was never meant to criticize as I can’t understand how God speaks to you through nature. The opposite. I like what you shared about the wilting of the plant and the watering. And how you could see Him in this refreshing. Only meant I can relate in beautiful things but (I not you) struggle sometimes with the snake and the baby birds not seeing something withering; but the sinking of my stomach when I find a snake has gotten into the box.
I've never seen a snake in the wild, we don't have many in the UK and only one - the adder - is venomous.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never seen a snake in the wild, we don't have many in the UK and only one - the adder - is venomous.
I haven’t seen many up-close, only from a distance. my husband has always been the one who relocates it …if it’s a black snake which usually it is in our yard.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God speaks to me through His Word.

I understand your fear too. I have read where people have quit reading their bibles because God talks to the now, and they dont need to.

How about Kat Kerr? :D God wakes her up daily, and Jesus told her to dye her hair pink. She says Santa lives in Heaven, and there is plenty of candy up there, too. She goes to heaven all the time.

She also battles hurricanes. With a stick.

People actually believe her.

And i don't remember the guy's name but Jesus taught him to play the saxophone. Can you imagine?

God talks to both of them. So there you go.
Some here have a "hotline" to heaven and have a regular cuppa tea with whomever is "there"="God told me so-thus no need to study the Scriptures"
Johann.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its the Holy Spirit who speaks to you. I've heard Him speak to me.

John 16:13 - However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

The Holy Spirit tells you what God wants you to know. I get visions and dreams and I've heard the Holy Spirit talk.

that the Lord spoke to her and told her she was going to marry her husband,
The same thing happened to me when I saw my wife, its the Holy Spirit that told me.. I've been married to my wife for 20 years.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

John 16:13 - However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

The Holy Spirit tells you what God wants you to know. I get visions and dreams and I've heard the Holy Spirit talk.

The same thing happened to me when I saw my wife, its the Holy Spirit that told me.. I've been married to my wife for 20 years.
Wonderful, and I believe you,100%...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Online commentary.

THE SPIRIT BEARS WITNESS WITH OUR SPIRIT

3/27/2017
1 Comment

Picture

The Spirit Bears Witness with Our Spirit

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit,
that we are the children of God: (Rom 8:16)

This is worth thinking about. Either it is true or it is not. The verse does not claim that the witness is in the form of words, but meaningful communication, nevertheless. It is a convincing witness, bypassing normal word language. Your spirit will know that the Holy Spirit is there pressing against your own spirit and tilting your opinion in His direction about the important subject of your being a child of God. He is a master of communication.

Every thought we have is not from God. We are instructed: But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. (Heb 5:14)

Our subject is not broad but limited to the Holy Spirit bearing with our Spirit that we are the children of God. Most often, (but not always) the Spirit will use a verse of Scripture or a phrase in a verse of Scripture. The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit. You may have read a verse many times and it was not special to you and then suddenly the verse comes alive. We call that “the illuminating work of the Holy Spirit.” He will never lead you contrary to the Word of God but always in-step with the Scriptures.

The communication of the Holy Spirit with the human spirit is one of the great mysteries and I will not attempt to put that mystery into “easy to understand” words. It cannot be done. How much explanation does one need to perceive the noon day sun is overhead? We don’t see word descriptions of the noon day sun in dictionaries or encyclopedias. It is one of those “self-evident” truths that is referred to in the American Declaration of Independence. The presence of the Holy Spirit is also a self-evident presence that is His own announcement and His own description of what He is there to communicate.

The Holy Spirit communication with us begins as the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin and draws us toward God. Jesus said: No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. (Joh 6:44) Many Bible scholars agree that the Father draws by the agency of the Holy Spirit who works with the Father in creating and in convicting of sin. And when he (the Holy Spirit) is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: (Joh 16:8)

We read: For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. (Rom 8:14) God’s Spirit will tell us what we need to know, when we need to know it. This is the broad, lifelong leading of the Holy Spirit.

But, the first essential place we need to be led, is in knowing we are saved. We call it “assurance.” Sometimes the Holy Spirit will draw out a person even for months, withholding the assurance until certain things are accomplished in that person’s soul. And then, without effort on the part of the waiting enquirer, the assurance comes as easy as a baseball player sliding into first base. In the end, only the Spirit of God can give you the assurance that you are a child of God. No human being can do that.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some here have a "hotline" to heaven and have a regular cuppa tea with whomever is "there"="God told me so-thus no need to study the Scriptures"
Johann.
And you know what they all have in common . The god they seem to be hearing from seems to contradict
the very scriptures they are not learning from .
This is a recipe for total disaster . Lambs gonna stick to the scriptures . And for sure GOD will
speak to us , through dreams , visions and through other lambs as well .
BUT our duty is to TEST ALL THINGS against biblical truth . TO prove all things .
Too many are hearing from their own hearts desires , from the flesh , from seducing spirits
and due to a serious lack of knowledge the people perish in darkness .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The LORD does speak to us . No doubt about it .
But let me remind you about something .
There once was a man , who was convinced he heard GOD tell
him to go over to this lady and that she was to be his wife .
SO he goes over to her . He says , THE LORD just told me he has this vision for us .
That you will be my wife . The lady looks a bit shocked , as you can imagine
then says to the man , OKAY , but let me go ask my HUSBAND first .
NO KIDDING . Now tell me , was the man REALLY hearing from GOD
or was he hearing his own hearts desire . DO REMEMBER GOD frowns big time on adultery.
ALL i am saying is i have seen many say THUS sayeth the LORD , only to find out
it contradicts the biblical views of GOD .
You will hear it a lot in prosperity churches .
GOD just showed me SITTING IN A BIG BENTLY WAVING HUNDRED DOLLAH BILLS YALL .
That sounds like COVETOUSNESS to me . Just saying .
OH i have heard many off the wall things .
LIke this BIG FAT LIE . GOD has accepted ALL RELIGOINS , all paths to HIM , HIS DESIRE IS that we just love one another
and it dont matter what religoin one follows so long as they love , CAUSE GOD WANTS ONE BIG HAPPY EARTH FAMILY
for WORLD PEACE N UNITY . SEE the PROBLEM WITH THAT LIE YET . cause the last time
i checked , THE JESUS of the bible made it quite clear , YA GOTTA BELIEVE IN HIM . just a friendly reminder .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johann.
One of the fastest growing and biggest accepting lies are coming from many false prophets .
and believe me they are fast to say THUS SAYETH THE LORD .
THE LIE which says GODS VISION IS FOR WORLD PEACE , HE WANTS ALL RELIGOINS TO UNITE AS ONE
it dont matter what religoin one believes , just have love and come together for unity .
BUT i bet you can already SEE the problem with that LIE and we can fast see IT AINT COMING FROM GOD EITHER .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johann.
Remember how paul once wrote and said if one preaches another jesus or another gospel ,
or recieves another spirit , yall just go with it .
Remember how paul said IF we , even an angel preach any other gospel unto you , THAN the one we PREACHED TOO YOU
let them be accursed .
So my question is why are so many heeding false prophets who have dreams from GOD
and are teaching the people this social all inclusive gospel or the prosperity gospel or etc .
Cause that sure aint coming FROM GOD . WHEN GOD SPEAKS , WHEN the SPIRIT MOVES
you can bet it wont contradict the bibical truth . IF IT DOES , it sure aint coming from GOD , FROM CHRIST
, FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT . too many are just following emotions and being stirred up by sensual feelings
and men who are not hearing FROM GOD at all .
THEY PROPHESY UNTO THE PEOPLE their own hearts desires and say THUS SAYETH THE LORD .
It aint really a new thing either . We can see many examples of that in the bible .
And IT clearly states , THEY SAY THUS SAYETH THE LORD , ONLY THE LORD DIDNT SEND THEM .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen some snakes in the wild . its been a while though .
My concern is more for the vipers that seem to be swarming in all sorts of places .
Beware them at all costs .
IF a natural snake bites you , some can kill you .
But if these snakes squeeze their venoumous doctrine into your veins , NOW that can lead to the death of the very soul .
Now lift those hands up and praise the LORD . HE is with the lambs .

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you know what they all have in common . The god they seem to be hearing from seems to contradict
the very scriptures they are not learning from .
This is a recipe for total disaster . Lambs gonna stick to the scriptures . And for sure GOD will
speak to us , through dreams , visions and through other lambs as well .
BUT our duty is to TEST ALL THINGS against biblical truth . TO prove all things .
Too many are hearing from their own hearts desires , from the flesh , from seducing spirits
and due to a serious lack of knowledge the people perish in darkness .
I worry when folk think they don't have to read the Bible anymore, and when you tell them they need to read the word, they say that you are worshiping the Bible. How can someone worship the Bible. It was given by God to us for us to read.

John17:17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

My favorite way is the way Justin Peters said "
“If you want to hear God speak, read your Bible. If you want to hear God speak audibly, read your Bible out loud.”

for people who say that God telsl them of the person who is to become their spouse, or something like that--that is fine, and not what I am speaking of. There have been instances in my life where I've been prompted to do something, and I think those are angels which help us.

One time I was walking in an alley in the dark and a voice in my head said "move into the light". I quickly headed toward a street lamp. A car pulled into the alley--it was the police and he said "did you see him?" I said" Who" He was almost on you the officer said and then he watched me walk to the apartment. I believe that an angel told me to walk to the light and that the officer was prompted to pull in the alley.

Reactions: Johann and Lambano

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Online commentary.

THE SPIRIT BEARS WITNESS WITH OUR SPIRIT

3/27/2017
1 Comment

Picture

The Spirit Bears Witness with Our Spirit

This is worth thinking about. Either it is true or it is not. The verse does not claim that the witness is in the form of words, but meaningful communication, nevertheless. It is a convincing witness, bypassing normal word language. Your spirit will know that the Holy Spirit is there pressing against your own spirit and tilting your opinion in His direction about the important subject of your being a child of God. He is a master of communication.

Every thought we have is not from God. We are instructed: But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. (Heb 5:14)

Our subject is not broad but limited to the Holy Spirit bearing with our Spirit that we are the children of God. Most often, (but not always) the Spirit will use a verse of Scripture or a phrase in a verse of Scripture. The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit. You may have read a verse many times and it was not special to you and then suddenly the verse comes alive. We call that “the illuminating work of the Holy Spirit.” He will never lead you contrary to the Word of God but always in-step with the Scriptures.

The communication of the Holy Spirit with the human spirit is one of the great mysteries and I will not attempt to put that mystery into “easy to understand” words. It cannot be done. How much explanation does one need to perceive the noon day sun is overhead? We don’t see word descriptions of the noon day sun in dictionaries or encyclopedias. It is one of those “self-evident” truths that is referred to in the American Declaration of Independence. The presence of the Holy Spirit is also a self-evident presence that is His own announcement and His own description of what He is there to communicate.

The Holy Spirit communication with us begins as the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin and draws us toward God. Jesus said: No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. (Joh 6:44) Many Bible scholars agree that the Father draws by the agency of the Holy Spirit who works with the Father in creating and in convicting of sin. And when he (the Holy Spirit) is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: (Joh 16:8)

We read: For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. (Rom 8:14) God’s Spirit will tell us what we need to know, when we need to know it. This is the broad, lifelong leading of the Holy Spirit.

But, the first essential place we need to be led, is in knowing we are saved. We call it “assurance.” Sometimes the Holy Spirit will draw out a person even for months, withholding the assurance until certain things are accomplished in that person’s soul. And then, without effort on the part of the waiting enquirer, the assurance comes as easy as a baseball player sliding into first base. In the end, only the Spirit of God can give you the assurance that you are a child of God. No human being can do that.
8:16 "The Spirit, Himself" The Greek word for Spirit is neuter, therefore, KJV translated this as "the Spirit, itself," but the Spirit is a person; He can be grieved (cf. Eph. 4:30; 1 Thess. 5:19), so "Himself" is a better translation.

"testifies with our spirits that we are children of God" As noted in Rom. 8:13, one aspect of faith assurance is the believers' changed and changing lives (cf. the NT books of James and 1 John). Another aspect of assurance is that the indwelling Spirit has replaced the fear of God with family love (cf. 1 John 4:17-18). Note the RSV and NRSV translations and punctuation, "when we cry, Abba! Father! It is the Spirit Himself bearing witness with our spirits that we are children of God" (cf. Gal. 4:6). This implies that the assurance comes when believers can call God, Father, by the Spirit.

The internal witness of the Spirit is not audible, but practical.

1. guilt over sin

2. desire to be like Christ

3. desire to be with the family of God

4. hunger for God's word

5. sense a need to do evangelism

6. sense a need for Christian sacrificial giving

These are the kinds of internal desires that provide a faith evidence of conversion.

Assurance of salvation has been turned into a denominational issue.

1. Roman Catholic theology denies the possibility of assurance in this life but bases confidence in one being a member of the "true" church

2. John Calvin (Reform tradition) based assurance on election (predestination), but one could not know for sure until after this life on Judgment Day

3. John Wesley (Methodist tradition) based assurance on a perfect love (living above known sin)

4. most Baptists have tended to base assurance on the biblical promises of free grace (but ignoring all the warnings and admonitions).

There are two dangers related to the NT paradoxical presentation of Christian assurance.

1. the overemphasis on "once saved, always saved"

2. the overemphasis on human performance in retaining salvation.

Hebrews 6 clearly teaches "once out, always out." Human effort (good works) does not keep believers saved (cf. Gal. 3:1-14). But good works are the goal of the Christian life (cf. Eph. 2:10). They are the natural result of meeting God and having the indwelling Spirit. They are evidence of one's true conversion.

Assurance is not meant to soften the Bible's call to holiness! Theologically speaking, assurance is based on the character and actions of the Triune God.

1. the Father's love and mercy

2. the Son's finished sacrificial work

3. the Spirit's wooing to Christ and then forming Christ in the repentant believer

The evidence of this salvation is a changed worldview, a changed heart, a changed lifestyle and a changed hope! It cannot be based on a past emotional decision that has no lifestyle evidence (i.e., fruit, cf. Matt. 7:15-23; 13:20-22; John 15). Assurance, like salvation, like the Christian life starts with a response to God's mercy and continues that response throughout life. It is a changed and changing life of faith!

"testifies" This is another syn compound. The Spirit co-witnesses with the believer's spirit. Paul uses this compound term in Rom. 2:15; 8:16 and 9:1.

8:17 "if" There is a series conditional sentences in Rom. 8:9,10,11,13 (twice), and 17 (twice). These are all first class conditional sentences which are assumed true from the author's perspective or for his literary purposes. Paul assumed his readers in the Roman church were Christian.

In this verse there are three compound words using syn, which means "joint participation with"

1. believers share heirship with Christ

2. believers share sufferings with Christ

3. believers will share glory with Christ

There are more syn compounds in Rom. 8:22 (twice), 26,28. Eph. 2:5-6 also has three syn compounds which describe the believer's life in Christ.

"heirs" This is another family metaphor to describing believers (cf. Rom. 4:13-14; 9:8; Gal. 3:29).

Utley

Reactions: ChristisGod

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is nothing complicated about being birthed in the Spirit, it doesn’t need reams and reams of literature to understand....the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are his child.

In other words, God speaks to our spirit, through the power of the Holy Spirit, it’s a supernatural birth, a Living Spiritual birth, which can’t be explained how God speaks to his child, it blew my mind and still does after over 30 yrs of being birthed...( God spoke / testified with my spirit that I am his child...WOW!!........receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit is the biggest honour and privilege anyone can receive......

Of course, it’s not an easy walk, as we grow and mature in Christ, we learn to trust him and give every situation over to him.....we have that Living relationship with our wonderful Father in Heaven,Through the Holy Spirit...this is my belief and testimony....Praise God.

When God speaks to your spirit through the Holy Spirit, it’s with great power, there is no mistaking his word, as the word of God is ALIVE in Spirit......a true born again could NEVER deny the Lord....it would be impossible, if one has truly been birthed in the Spirit....again my belief 100%

Hebrews 4:12​

12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to thedivision of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentionsof the heart.

Got answer...

As believers, we can know that God is the master designer of our lives. He is the potter molding, shaping, and engineering the purpose and destiny of our story. We are all formed by His hand (Isaiah 64:8). God knew us intimately before He formed us in the womb. He chose us in Christ. He will be with us always to fulfill His purpose through our lives: “For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace through Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 1:9, NLT; see also Romans 8:28; Ephesians 1:11).

1 Peter 2:21
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

New Living Translation
For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.

English Standard Version
For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
  • 1 Peter 3:17-18
    For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,
  • 1 Peter 4:19
    Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
  • Matthew 5:10-12
    Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
  • John 15:18-20
    "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
  • 1 Peter 4:1-2
    Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
  • Philippians 1:29
    For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,

Reactions: amigo de christo