Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worry when folk think they don't have to read the Bible anymore, and when you tell them they need to read the word, they say that you are worshiping the Bible. How can someone worship the Bible. It was given by God to us for us to read.

John17:17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

My favorite way is the way Justin Peters said "
“If you want to hear God speak, read your Bible. If you want to hear God speak audibly, read your Bible out loud.”

for people who say that God telsl them of the person who is to become their spouse, or something like that--that is fine, and not what I am speaking of. There have been instances in my life where I've been prompted to do something, and I think those are angels which help us.

One time I was walking in an alley in the dark and a voice in my head said "move into the light". I quickly headed toward a street lamp. A car pulled into the alley--it was the police and he said "did you see him?" I said" Who" He was almost on you the officer said and then he watched me walk to the apartment. I believe that an angel told me to walk to the light and that the officer was prompted to pull in the alley.
the simply truth is all believers should be reading the bible . For many spirits abound
that are contrary to GOD . The HOLY SPIRIT is our guide . If any spirit , if any person , if anything
comes and brings any message , any reminder , it must agree with what has already been written in the bible .
If not it must be cast aside as rotted fruit . God will speak to lambs , in dreams , visions ,through prophecies ,
through angels who sure can look like a person . But if the message brought contradicts
the truth in the bible , it has to be cast aside . Only that which is in agreement to the truth shall be accepted .
And we have many who believe they hear from GOD and are not hearing from GOD .
The more we are in that bible , in prayer , the more we are gonna learn and get built up .
Built up and no longer tossed to and fro by deceptoins and doctrines of men gone wrong .
That is just the simple way of doing it . Learn the bible very well and test anything we hear against the doctrine .
Now lift those hands up , it is again TIME to praise and to thank the LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8:16 "The Spirit, Himself" The Greek word for Spirit is neuter, therefore, KJV translated this as "the Spirit, itself," but the Spirit is a person; He can be grieved (cf. Eph. 4:30; 1 Thess. 5:19), so "Himself" is a better translation.

"testifies with our spirits that we are children of God" As noted in Rom. 8:13, one aspect of faith assurance is the believers' changed and changing lives (cf. the NT books of James and 1 John). Another aspect of assurance is that the indwelling Spirit has replaced the fear of God with family love (cf. 1 John 4:17-18). Note the RSV and NRSV translations and punctuation, "when we cry, Abba! Father! It is the Spirit Himself bearing witness with our spirits that we are children of God" (cf. Gal. 4:6). This implies that the assurance comes when believers can call God, Father, by the Spirit.

The internal witness of the Spirit is not audible, but practical.

1. guilt over sin

2. desire to be like Christ

3. desire to be with the family of God

4. hunger for God's word

5. sense a need to do evangelism

6. sense a need for Christian sacrificial giving

These are the kinds of internal desires that provide a faith evidence of conversion.

Assurance of salvation has been turned into a denominational issue.

1. Roman Catholic theology denies the possibility of assurance in this life but bases confidence in one being a member of the "true" church

2. John Calvin (Reform tradition) based assurance on election (predestination), but one could not know for sure until after this life on Judgment Day

3. John Wesley (Methodist tradition) based assurance on a perfect love (living above known sin)

4. most Baptists have tended to base assurance on the biblical promises of free grace (but ignoring all the warnings and admonitions).

There are two dangers related to the NT paradoxical presentation of Christian assurance.

1. the overemphasis on "once saved, always saved"

2. the overemphasis on human performance in retaining salvation.

Hebrews 6 clearly teaches "once out, always out." Human effort (good works) does not keep believers saved (cf. Gal. 3:1-14). But good works are the goal of the Christian life (cf. Eph. 2:10). They are the natural result of meeting God and having the indwelling Spirit. They are evidence of one's true conversion.

Assurance is not meant to soften the Bible's call to holiness! Theologically speaking, assurance is based on the character and actions of the Triune God.

1. the Father's love and mercy

2. the Son's finished sacrificial work

3. the Spirit's wooing to Christ and then forming Christ in the repentant believer

The evidence of this salvation is a changed worldview, a changed heart, a changed lifestyle and a changed hope! It cannot be based on a past emotional decision that has no lifestyle evidence (i.e., fruit, cf. Matt. 7:15-23; 13:20-22; John 15). Assurance, like salvation, like the Christian life starts with a response to God's mercy and continues that response throughout life. It is a changed and changing life of faith!

"testifies" This is another syn compound. The Spirit co-witnesses with the believer's spirit. Paul uses this compound term in Rom. 2:15; 8:16 and 9:1.

8:17 "if" There is a series conditional sentences in Rom. 8:9,10,11,13 (twice), and 17 (twice). These are all first class conditional sentences which are assumed true from the author's perspective or for his literary purposes. Paul assumed his readers in the Roman church were Christian.

In this verse there are three compound words using syn, which means "joint participation with"

1. believers share heirship with Christ

2. believers share sufferings with Christ

3. believers will share glory with Christ

There are more syn compounds in Rom. 8:22 (twice), 26,28. Eph. 2:5-6 also has three syn compounds which describe the believer's life in Christ.

"heirs" This is another family metaphor to describing believers (cf. Rom. 4:13-14; 9:8; Gal. 3:29).

Utley
Trust , like a small child , The true grace of GOD . TRUST in The work of GOD . The work that CHRIST JESUS DID .
Yep . TRUST IN THE CHRIST OF GOD . FOR IN HE ALONE IS SALVATION .
Let us look real closely at what john told the church .
I am gonna give us it in question form .
When writing to the church did john say ,that he was writing these things to ...........
A . Be doubtful , you can never truly know you are saved till judgment day .
B . Believing in Christ is not enough .
C . THAT YE MAY KNOW YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE .
Exactly . I am writing to you who do believe that you may know , KNOW you have eternal life
and so that ye will BELIEVE .
That is the beauty of it . YE are saved by grace , kept through faith . ITS ALL about HAVING FAITH IN HE WHOM
GOD did send .
The only thing i will say is , Folks better learn the bible well . For many do follow another jesus and another gospel ,
neither of which can save them .
BUT to those who truly believe on the glorious LORD . THEY have all HOPE .
Let us continue having all hope , all trust , all faith in HE whom GOD did send unto the end .
For there simply is no other way , no other hope , no other truth , no other name whereby one may be Saved .
ALL who come unto me , I will in no wise cast out .
Let us heed HIM unto the end . If one comes out , they were never truly of us . They might have had a taste
and some head knowledge , staggered onwards for a bit , But as john said they were never TRULY of us .
The thing is , those who truly were of CHRIST , always reminded the church , TO CONTINUE in the end .
THEY always brought sound doctrine to build up the church . They always pointed to CHRIST .
TO CHRIST the glorious LORD .
And you can rest assured they never taught a false gospel , another jesus . IT was JESUS they both taught and preached .
And all His teachings they knew to be treasured upon the heart . See , every word they left us
IS all for the good of the one who hears and does . SIMPLY TRUSTING IN CHRIST .
Now lift those hands , cause it is time again to praise and to thank the LORD .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was younger, before the year of 2007, I was open to people who said they could hear God speak. But now days I find myself feeling scared when someone tells me this.

Why do we need to hear the voice of God when the Bible is the complete word of God?

I got emotionally damaged by someone who said to me: "God told me not to talk to you anymore". I was like that is mean! Several years later the same person tried apologizing to me, telling me that they were going through depression. The conversations kept getting weirder after that.

I used to watch a Bible prophecy program, and lots of the so called "Prophets" said they could hear the voice of God, and yet none of the prophecies came true. Which meant they were false prophets. If they would of lived in the Old Testament times, in Israel they would of been stoned for it.

With that opening statement, here is my set of questions.

Do you hear the voice of God? What do you think of people who say they hear the voice of God? Do we need to hear the voice of God when we got the Bible to tell us?

The Lord wants to guide you steps - that means you have to actually hear His voice to know what step to take next!

Second - Isaiah explained that in that day you would hear a voice behind you telling you which way to go every time you turn to the right of to the left. The Bible can't tell you which way to turn at the next stop sign or stop light! (Is 30)

Third - He is our Teacher. There is a difference between the Teacher and the Text book!! If you are going to learn from Jesus Christ you have to be able to ask Him question, listen to what assignment, and listen to His discourses on the text book and other aspects of your life.

Fourth - The Bible explains that no scriptures is for our own interpretation, but rather those who wrote the scriptures did so by the Holy Spirit so the Holy Spirit is needed to get the words we need to interpret the Bible.

Fifth - Jesus explained it was the Holy Spirit who gives us life and that His words are spirit and are life. So as Paul noted, we get the Holy spirit by actually hearing (not reading but hearing) by faith!

Sixth - The Lord through Isaiah said come reason with me and our sins, though red, would become white as snow. To reason with the Lord you have to be able to exchange your reasoning with His reasoning. From experience I can tell you that you are going to find out that His thoughts are not your thoughts, and His ways are not your ways - therefore you are going to be wrong and He is going to be right every time you actually start reasoning with Him! It is written that He reproves those He loves. We need that reproof, because that is how we actually learn to be better!

And Seventh - through Isaiah we read that if a person does not listen to Him, then the word of God to that person becomes order on order, line on line, here a little and there a little - and that so you will "stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive"!!

So what has happened in the OP - when we read:
"Why do we need to hear the voice of God when the Bible is the complete word of God?"

Sadly we see someone suggesting the Bible is the complete word of God!! The Bible is not the Word of God we preach!! The word of God we preach is found in your heart and mouth - not in a book / The Bible!!

The Bible is the Scriptures (the Greek word of Scriptures is Graphe and it is not translated as "Word") The two Greek words in your bible with are translated "word" in your bible are Logos and Rehma. Rhema is a saying or something specifically told you. Logos is word in a more general sense and it is use to mean Jesus Christ because He is the One who speaks to you via the Holy Spirit. The words of the Father are given to Him, so Jesus Christ owns the words of God!! The Holy Spirit does not speak on His own initiative but rather the Holy Spirit takes the words of God, which come from Jesus Christ, and speaks them to us, much like a phone or a computer streaming. Those words are found near us, in our hearts and sometimes in our mouth, because the Holy Spirit speaks to our speak, but the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own but takes the words of God which Jesus Christ has for us personally!!

So do I hear from the Lord? Everyday and usually about a dozen times each day!! I confess - that is really poor considering that He is always with Me. How sad - that I only hear from Him, My Lord, about a dozen times each day when He is always there to talk to me. Of course some times He has taken me out to shop yard sales just so He can get into longer conversation with me. And often He asks me to go for a walk with Him to also get me into longer conversations with Him. He also often goes to the grocery store with me so He can help me make choices and again get into longer conversations with me. And by doing that, when it comes time to have me work in a ministry for Him where I really need to hear from Him to know how to minister to others, I am better able to know how He wants me to minister!!

If you can't actually hear from Him and He has you go to a hospital to minister to someone whose family has been told they will die in the next two hours because of the accident - how are you to handle it??? Are you really going to know what He wants prayed for and done while you are there by just leaning on you own understanding of the Bible??? NO THAT IS NOT HOW TO DO IT!! You have to listen to Him! That way the daughter who wants to spend one more night with her father can do so, per the will of the Lord ( but that is just one example of what I have seen happen when I take time to listen to Him and stop leaning on my own understanding!!

And how are you going to know that the lady in the corner praying for others has a bad elbow which caused her to loose her job and He wants you to get her prayer from you wife in the next room if you don't actually listen to Him??? The Bible doesn't give you those instructions, any more than the Bible will tell you to pick up some sliced roast beef for you wife to make sandwiches with!!!

Yeah - it is hard and even seems embarrassing to tell other people (even other "Christians") that you hear from the Lord a dozen different times each day - but that is because they themselves are not listening to Him and instead are thinking that knowing the Bible is going to save them!!

So they preach the Bible as the Word of God even thought the Bible clearly tells them that the Scriptures are not the Word of God we are preaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the fall backwards, are snared by that false doctrine, and are taken captive just like it is written in the very Bible they are putting their faith in!!!

It is all explained in the Bible - that our faith is in Jesus Christ! That He never leaves us!! That His sheep hear His voice!! That the Word of God we preach in near us always, even found in our hearts and mouth, not in the orderly lines of the Bible with we pick up a little here and there. If they read and believed in what they read in the Bible they would know that it is faith in Jesus Christ which saves us - just like the Bible clearly explains!! But instead of actually believing in Him they search the Scriptures thinking in them they have eternal life instead of actually coming to Him and listening to Him!!

Is 28: 12 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
13 So the word of the Lord to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order,
Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worry when folk think they don't have to read the Bible anymore, and when you tell them they need to read the word, they say that you are worshiping the Bible. How can someone worship the Bible. It was given by God to us for us to read.

John17:17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

My favorite way is the way Justin Peters said "
“If you want to hear God speak, read your Bible. If you want to hear God speak audibly, read your Bible out loud.”

for people who say that God telsl them of the person who is to become their spouse, or something like that--that is fine, and not what I am speaking of. There have been instances in my life where I've been prompted to do something, and I think those are angels which help us.

One time I was walking in an alley in the dark and a voice in my head said "move into the light". I quickly headed toward a street lamp. A car pulled into the alley--it was the police and he said "did you see him?" I said" Who" He was almost on you the officer said and then he watched me walk to the apartment. I believe that an angel told me to walk to the light and that the officer was prompted to pull in the alley.
yes . Rather odd though . WHO inspired the bible .
GOD did . If we love and worship GOD , would we not LOVE HIS TRUTH .
MEN gonna say and do as men gonna say and do . They will find any and all means
to try and go around the bible . THEY will accuse those who stick to the bible ,
but if one is truly of GOD , would not one LOVE and EMBRACE the TRUTH OF GOD .
THEY FAIL . they prove nothing , but that they are decieved .
How come paul and peter both said IT was so DIRE NEEDFUL to learn the holy scrips .
YET THESE accuse us of IDOLATRY because we love those words that , GOD INSPIRED .
Rather odd me thinks . rather odd indeed .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another devotional I shared with our mens Thursday morning discipleship group. The importance of self discipline/training and the word of God in our lives.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man or woman of God may be fully capable, equipped for every good work.

paideia: the rearing of a child, training, discipline

Original Word:
παιδεία, ας, ἡ
Definition: the rearing of a child, training, discipline
Usage: discipline; training and education of children, hence: instruction; chastisement, correction. properly, instruction that trains someone to reach full development (maturity) tutorage, i.e. Education or training; by implication, disciplinary correction -- chastening, chastisement, instruction, nurture.

2 Timothy 2:15 -Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a worker who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

spoudazó: to make haste, hence to give diligence

Original Word:
σπουδάζω
Definition: to make haste, to give diligence
Usage: I hasten, am eager, am zealous.properly, be swift (go fast, be speedy); (figuratively) to move speedily by showing full diligence (fully applying oneself); acting fervently (speedy commitment) to accomplish all that God assigns through faith

2 Timothy 1:7- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

sóphronismos: self-control

Original Word:
σωφρονισμός, οῦ, ὁ
Definition: self-control
Usage: self-control, self-discipline, prudence, sound mind. behavior that "fits" a situation, i.e. aptly acting out God's will by doing what He calls sound reasoning

Romans 15:4-
For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart”

The Word of God is alive because God is a living God (Hebrews 3:12). Jesus said, “The very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63).

Jesus compared God’s Word to seed (Matthew 13:1–23). Seed, like the Word, is a living organism that, when spread and planted in fertile soil, produces abundant life, a fruitful life that is evident for all to see, unlike the unfruitful Fig Tree that Jesus cursed in Mark 11:14.

The New birth comes from the Word. Christians are made alive spiritually and eternally because we are “born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God” (1 Peter 1:23)

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ (Romans 10:17)

There is no other book in all creation that is living, alive, transforms the heart permanently. The term active in Hebrews 4:12 means “effective, powerful, producing or capable of producing an intended result.” The Word of God is vibrant, dynamic, energizing, and productive. It is not static or idle in the lives of genuine believers. The apostle Paul explained that the Word of God is “at work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 2:13).

The author of Hebrews described the Word of God as “sharper than any double-edged sword.” Paul called it “the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God” (Ephesians 6:17) It is the only offensive weapon in the armor for the believer. Jesus used the word of God to refute satan in the temptation in the wilderness. We have the same access as believers to the word of God, the word of truth to combat sin and our enemy.

2 Peter 1:19
We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Psalm 119:11- Thy Word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Thee. Delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart (Psalm 40:8) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. (Psalm 1:2) This Book of the Law must not depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in all you do. (Joshua 1:8)

Memorizing Scripture and hiding in our hearts can give us victory over sin. Cultivating meditation on Gods word is transforming. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2) and like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation (1 Peter 2:2) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.(Colossians 3:16)Gods word applied to our lives causes our growth as believers, followers of Christ who are His disciples.

hope this helps !!!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another devotional I shared with our mens Thursday morning discipleship group. The importance of self discipling/training and the word of God in our lives.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man or woman of God may be fully capable, equipped for every good work.

paideia: the rearing of a child, training, discipline

Original Word:
παιδεία, ας, ἡ
Definition: the rearing of a child, training, discipline
Usage: discipline; training and education of children, hence: instruction; chastisement, correction. properly, instruction that trains someone to reach full development (maturity) tutorage, i.e. Education or training; by implication, disciplinary correction -- chastening, chastisement, instruction, nurture.

2 Timothy 2:15 -Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a worker who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

spoudazó: to make haste, hence to give diligence

Original Word:
σπουδάζω
Definition: to make haste, to give diligence
Usage: I hasten, am eager, am zealous.properly, be swift (go fast, be speedy); (figuratively) to move speedily by showing full diligence (fully applying oneself); acting fervently (speedy commitment) to accomplish all that God assigns through faith

2 Timothy 1:7- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

sóphronismos: self-control

Original Word:
σωφρονισμός, οῦ, ὁ
Definition: self-control
Usage: self-control, self-discipline, prudence, sound mind. behavior that "fits" a situation, i.e. aptly acting out God's will by doing what He calls sound reasoning

Romans 15:4-
For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart”

The Word of God is alive because God is a living God (Hebrews 3:12). Jesus said, “The very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63).

Jesus compared God’s Word to seed (Matthew 13:1–23). Seed, like the Word, is a living organism that, when spread and planted in fertile soil, produces abundant life, a fruitful life that is evident for all to see, unlike the unfruitful Fig Tree that Jesus cursed in Mark 11:14.

The New birth comes from the Word. Christians are made alive spiritually and eternally because we are “born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God” (1 Peter 1:23)

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ (Romans 10:17)

There is no other book in all creation that is living, alive, transforms the heart permanently. The term active in Hebrews 4:12 means “effective, powerful, producing or capable of producing an intended result.” The Word of God is vibrant, dynamic, energizing, and productive. It is not static or idle in the lives of genuine believers. The apostle Paul explained that the Word of God is “at work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 2:13).

The author of Hebrews described the Word of God as “sharper than any double-edged sword.” Paul called it “the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God” (Ephesians 6:17) It is the only offensive weapon in the armor for the believer. Jesus used the word of God to refute satan in the temptation in the wilderness. We have the same access as believers to the word of God, the word of truth to combat sin and our enemy.

2 Peter 1:19
We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Psalm 119:11- Thy Word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Thee. Delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart (Psalm 40:8) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. (Psalm 1:2) This Book of the Law must not depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in all you do. (Joshua 1:8)

Memorizing Scripture and hiding in our hearts can give us victory over sin. Cultivating meditation on Gods word is transforming. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2) and like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation (1 Peter 2:2) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.(Colossians 3:16)Gods word applied to our lives causes our growth as believers, followers of Christ who are His disciples.

hope this helps !!!
Jesus did compare the WORD of GOD to seed . And the beauty of it is , JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD .
Some folks act as though JESUS came to omit the WORD and words of GOD . HE IS THE WORD OF GOD .
And the sooner the folks learn that , the sooner they might FAST EMBRACE THE WORDS OF THE LORD IN THAT BIBLE .
JESUS didnt come to contradict HIMSELF . WHO do we think INSPIRED the BIBLE .
WHOSE WORDS were those that true prophets were speaking . GODS WORD . the SPIRIT of CHRIST , OF GOD
that was in them WAS AND IS THE TRUTH OF GOD , the WORD OF GOD
and they , by the Spirit of CHRIST also testified of the sufferings and the glory of THIS COMING CHRIST . LET THE KING BE PRAISED .
Many folks have decieved themselves . FOR they HATE and omit parts of the Words of GOD . IN EFFECT IT MEANS THEY HATE GOD .
YE cant love GOD and hate THE TRUTH HE INSPIRED . MAKES ZERO SENSE .
HOW can one love GOD and yet HATE TRUTH . does that make any sense .
HOW can one love GOD and yet hate CHRIST .
HOW can one love GOD and yet despise HIS WORDS , HIS TRUTH . TIME for the people to FLEE these false seducers
and start learning THE BIBLE FOR THEMSELVES .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the simply truth is all believers should be reading the bible . For many spirits abound
that are contrary to GOD . The HOLY SPIRIT is our guide . If any spirit , if any person , if anything
comes and brings any message , any reminder , it must agree with what has already been written in the bible .
If not it must be cast aside as rotted fruit . God will speak to lambs , in dreams , visions ,through prophecies ,
through angels who sure can look like a person . But if the message brought contradicts
the truth in the bible , it has to be cast aside . Only that which is in agreement to the truth shall be accepted .
And we have many who believe they hear from GOD and are not hearing from GOD .
The more we are in that bible , in prayer , the more we are gonna learn and get built up .
Built up and no longer tossed to and fro by deceptoins and doctrines of men gone wrong .
That is just the simple way of doing it . Learn the bible very well and test anything we hear against the doctrine .
Now lift those hands up , it is again TIME to praise and to thank the LORD .

It always amazes me the number of people who say they read the Bible and still don't understand what's written in it!!

The Holy Spirit tells you Jesus Christ is Lord!! Have you not even read that????

The Holy Spirit only guides us to Jesus Christ - because He does not speak on His own initiative!! Do you not read that in you Bible??? The Holy Spirit takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ and gives them to our spirit!!

The Holy Spirit might be compared to a living phone. If you talk to your Father on the phone are you going to say the phone is the guide? The phone only guides us to (hooks us up) with the person on the other end!! The instructions are not His, but the instructions of what to do and where to go come from Jesus Christ!

But it is right that many are saying the hear from God but are not!! Jesus told the Jews:

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Just look at those two scriptures closely!!!!!!!!!!!

Did Jesus say that they were unwilling to come to the Holy Spirit or to Him!!!!

It is written that they were unwilling to come to HIM!!!

So take a look at this scripture:

1 Cor 12:3 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Look close!! The Holy Spirit tells you Jesus is Lord, but you are saying the Holy Spirit is your guide!!

I have seen that deception before. My mom who is a Christian had a sister you was into New Age stuff. Indeed she was a high priestess in a New Age movement. She did not know Jesus Christ, but she felt the Holy Spirit was her guide!! That is not confessing Jesus Christ as Lord!!!!!

My Lord is Jesus Christ!! He talks to me personally!! Yeah - He talks to me via the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit is not glorifying Himself, but rahter the Holy Spirit always glorfies the Son of God, Jesus Christ!!

If I am not sure if I actually hearing Him when I pick a word up with my spiritual senses, then I might check to see if the spirit I am hearing form is confessing the Jesus Christ is Lord!! I might, and often also use the test recorded in 1 Jn 4: 1-3 If you actually practice using your spiritual senses you get better and better at discerning good from evil (Heb 5:14)

But yeah, like what was covered in the OP - it is not always easy talking about actually hearing from our Lord Jesus Christ!! You find many at church, which are like the Jews that Jesus found when He walked the earth in the flesh, who read the Sacred Writings but don't actually believe them!!

Jn 5:46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

They read and study the Bible but they don't actually believe the Word of God (Jesus Christ) is near them!!! So they don't listen to Jesus Christ as their Lord, but instead spend their time leaning on their own understanding!! They don't test the spirit like is written in the Bible!!

1 Jn 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Look again closely at the scriptures!! Note that the Holy Spirit confesses "JESUS CHRIST"!!! The Holy Spirit is not about being your guide!! He is about hooking you up with Jesus Christ!!!!! So what spirit is about saying the Holy Spirit is your guide?? The Holy Spirit will not even say anything to you own His own!! But rather the Holy Spirit takes the words of God from Jesus Christ and that not even on His own initiative!! Didn't you read that in the Bible - or did you not believe it when you read it?

Jn 16: 13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Yeah - you can find the word "guide" but all He is doing is really just hooking you up with Jesus Christ!! He is not the "Guide" like someone who is out to get the glory for showing you where to go and when!! He is getting the words of God which belong to the Jesus Christ, like a phone of computer might get you the words from someone!! And the Holy Spirit is going to make sure you know that Jesus Christ is getting the glory - not Himself!!!

Check out the book Revelation!! In it you will find that each of the seven churches were told by Jesus Christ our Lord to let those who have an ear to hear hear what the Holy Spirit has to say! Yet look closer and we if you can actually find a single word directly attributed to the Holy Spirit???

You will find the John was taken up in the Spirit but you will not find a single word which is attributed to the Holy Spirit!! That is because He, like a computer streaming something, is not glorifying Himself, He is just bringing us the content!! But some make the Holy Spirit our giving the Holy Spirit the glory, which He does not even want for Himself!!

Now it is important to have the Holy Spirit!! How else are you going to hear from our Lord Jesus Christ!! But there are evil spirits out and about who want to pretend to be the Holy Spirit and get glory for themselves!! That is not how the Holy Spirit is!! So it is good to explain this to people, even use the Scriptures to help them understand, but if they understand they are not about glorifying the Holy Spirit but rather are about glorifying Jesus Christ as our Lord, just like the Holy Spirit!! And we are not about glorifying the Bible either!!

The Holy Spirit once told me, per the words of God He got from Jesus Christ who got them from the Father:

"We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord."

So why is someone writing that we check the Lord verses the Scriptures?? They have it wrong!! We believe in Jesus Christ, and Him as our Teacher, so we learn from Him to test what we hear by the test in the Bible like 1 Jn 4:1-3 or 1 Cor 12:3!! That is to say that when you hear a spiritual voice talking to you, you don't lean on your own understanding of the Bible, you do what the Bible tells you to do and test the spirit per the tests in the bible!!! Of have we not even read:

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

Leaning on your own understanding of the bible is still leaning on your own understanding!! Instead - Do not lean on your own understanding and follow the instructions in the Bible and seek the Lord Jesus Christ and trust in Him!!

Did we not even read that if you ask for bread will you get a stone?? Jesus is the bread that comes down from heaven, and the Law was written in stone! So who told you to turn back to the writings and lean on you own understanding of them instead of turning to Jesus Christ as your Lord and listening to Him by faith???

Do that and you will be following what the Bible tells you!!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It always amazes me the number of people who say they read the Bible and still don't understand what's written in it!!

The Holy Spirit tells you Jesus Christ is Lord!! Have you not even read that????

The Holy Spirit only guides us to Jesus Christ - because He does not speak on His own initiative!! Do you not read that in you Bible??? The Holy Spirit takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ and gives them to our spirit!!

The Holy Spirit might be compared to a living phone. If you talk to your Father on the phone are you going to say the phone is the guide? The phone only guides us to (hooks us up) with the person on the other end!! The instructions are not His, but the instructions of what to do and where to go come from Jesus Christ!

But it is right that many are saying the hear from God but are not!! Jesus told the Jews:

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

1 Cor 12:3 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Look close!! The Holy Spirit tells you Jesus is Lord, but you are saying the Holy Spirit is your guide!!

I have seen that deception before. My mom who is a Christian had a sister you was into New Age stuff. Indeed she was a high priestess in a New Age movement. She did not know Jesus Christ, but she felt the Holy Spirit was her guide!! That is not confessing Jesus Christ as Lord!!!!!

My Lord is Jesus Christ!! He talks to me personally!! Yeah - He talks to me via the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit is not glorifying Himself, but rahter the Holy Spirit always glorfies the Son of God, Jesus Christ!!

If I am not sure if I actually hearing Him when I pick a word up with my spiritual senses, then I might check to see if the spirit I am hearing form is confessing the Jesus Christ is Lord!! I might, and often also use the test recorded in 1 Jn 4: 1-3 If you actually practice using your spiritual senses you get better and better at discerning good from evil (Heb 5:14)

But yeah, like what was covered in the OP - it is not always easy talking about actually hearing from our Lord Jesus Christ!! You find many at church, which are like the Jews that Jesus found when He walked the earth in the flesh, who read the Sacred Writings but don't actually believe them!!

Jn 5:46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

They read and study the Bible but they don't actually believe the Word of God (Jesus Christ) is near them!!! So they don't listen to Jesus Christ as their Lord, but instead spend their time leaning on their own understanding!! They don't test the spirit like is written in the Bible!!

1 Jn 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Look again closely at the scriptures!! Note that the Holy Spirit confesses "JESUS CHRIST"!!! The Holy Spirit is not about being your guide!! He is about hooking you up with Jesus Christ!!!!! So what spirit is about saying the Holy Spirit is your guide?? The Holy Spirit will not even say anything to you own His own!! But rather the Holy Spirit takes the words of God from Jesus Christ and that not even on His own initiative!! Didn't you read that in the Bible - or did you not believe it when you read it?

Jn 16: 13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Yeah - you can find the word "guide" but all He is doing is really just hooking you up with Jesus Christ!! He is not the "Guide" like someone who is out to get the glory for showing you where to go and when!! He is getting the words of God which belong to the Jesus Christ, like a phone of computer might get you the words from someone!! And the Holy Spirit is going to make sure you know that Jesus Christ is getting the glory - not Himself!!!

Check out the book Revelation!! In it you will find that each of the seven churches were told by Jesus Christ our Lord to let those who have an ear to hear hear what the Holy Spirit has to say! Yet look closer and we if you can actually find a single word directly attributed to the Holy Spirit???

You will find the John was taken up in the Spirit but you will not find a single word which is attributed to the Holy Spirit!! That is because He, like a computer streaming something, is not glorifying Himself, He is just bringing us the content!! But some make the Holy Spirit our giving the Holy Spirit the glory, which He does not even want for Himself!!

Now it is important to have the Holy Spirit!! How else are you going to hear from our Lord Jesus Christ!! But there are evil spirits out and about who want to pretend to be the Holy Spirit and get glory for themselves!! That is not how the Holy Spirit is!! So it is good to explain this to people, even use the Scriptures to help them understand, but if they understand they are not about glorifying the Holy Spirit but rather are about glorifying Jesus Christ as our Lord, just like the Holy Spirit!! And we are not about glorifying the Bible either!!

The Holy Spirit once told me, per the words of God He got from Jesus Christ who got them from the Father:

"We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord."

So why is someone writing that we check the Lord verses the Scriptures?? They have it wrong!! We believe in Jesus Christ, and Him as our Teacher, so we learn from Him to test what we hear by the test in the Bible like 1 Jn 4:1-3 or 1 Cor 12:3!! That is to say that when you hear a spiritual voice talking to you, you don't lean on your own understanding of the Bible, you do what the Bible tells you to do and test the spirit per the tests in the bible!!! Of have we not even read:

Leaning on your own understanding of the bible is still leaning on your own understanding!! Instead - Do not lean on your own understanding and follow the instructions in the Bible and seek the Lord Jesus Christ and trust in Him!!

Did we not even read that if you ask for bread will you get a stone?? Jesus is the bread that comes down from heaven, and the Law was written in stone! So who told you to turn back to the writings and lean on you own understanding of them instead of turning to Jesus Christ as your Lord and listening to Him by faith???

the problem is MOST DONT DO THAT . most SAY THEY DO .
But every time i look around the so called spirit they seem to be following KEEPS CONTRADICTING THE BIBLE .
That was and is MY POINT my dear , dear friend . Now let us return to the bible and keep learning it .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Karl do you believe when Paul said in Romans 10 that one must confess Jesus is Lord ( means He is God, YHWH ) in 10:9-13 cf Joel 2:32 ?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Karl do you believe when Paul said in Romans 10 that one must confess Jesus is Lord ( means He is God, YHWH ) in 10:9-13 cf Joel 2:32 ?
The even simplier question to ask would also be this . KARL do you believe that ONE MUST TRULY BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST
See most dont even believe that anymore . As they hug and gather with buddists , muslims , atheists and whateverists
THINKING WE ARE ALL THE FAMILY OF GOD and IT dont matter what WE BELIEVE
so long as we believe in this sensual worldy view of what they CALL love . WHICH AINT LOVE and IT AINT FROM GOD .
JOHN wrote it best . Now i am gonna compare HIS VIEW to todays all inclusive view . AND I WANT YOU to notice
THE DIRE DIFFERENCE .
JOHN told the CHURCH
That if one believes NOT that JESUS is the CHRIST , HE is anti Christ . HE has not the SON nor the FATHER .
JOHN said what the commandments were . TO BELIEVE , YEAH BELIEVE ON JESUS and to love one another .
NOW LETS TAKE A PEEK at todays mindset .
NOW get ready to see it for what it is .
THEY say that if one believes not that JESUS is the CHRIST , IT DONT MATTER , IT DONT matter if one is muslim buddists
THEY DONT HAVE TO BELIEVE , just LOVE .
JOHN SAID , TO BELIEVE ON JESUS and to love one another . THEY SAY DONT NEED TO BELIEVE JUST LOVE one another .
ITS ALL FALSE AND I WILL EXPOSE THE PILE OF CRAP FOR WHAT IT IS , DUNG that cannot save . BUT man i am hated
more and more for simply REMINDING THE SO CALLED CHURCH OF THIS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHRIST , john , paul and jude and others warned the church BIG TIME
about having to CONTINUE IN THE DOCTRINE FIRST DELIVERED TO THE CHURCH .
John warned them not to follow these sensual anti christs . IF ye shall abide IN THE DOCTRINE
YE WILL CONTINUE IN THE SON and in the FATHER .
THIS all inclusvie dung pile IS the very lie JOHN was fighting against . IT DONT RECOGNIZE the DIRE NEED
to BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST ANYMORE . IT saves NONE and will damn all who go under its lie .
As for me , HOLD not your breath waiting for me to stop preaching JESUS and HE ALONE and that ONE MUST BELIEVE HE IS THE CHRIST .
NO matter the cost to me . ITS THE ONLY GOSPEL THAT WILL SAVE THEM .
Course i think you AGREE WITH THAT .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AST EMBRACE THE WORDS OF THE LORD IN THAT BIBLE

We study the Scriptures but we "Embrace" Jesus Christ!!!

You would think that someone proclaiming/preaching the Bible would know something about what is written in it!!

The Word of God we preach is not the Bible!! The Word of God we preach is found in our hearts and sometimes our mouth, because it is near us!! Paul went over this with his writings!!

Romans 10:2-7 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the [fn]end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is [fn]based on law shall live [fn]by that righteousness. But the righteousness [fn]based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”

But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

I can testify that I find Christians with a zeal for God but they don't really know Him. Knowing a person (even Jesus Christ) is not like knowing a book!! Because He is not a book (the Bible) but is a person who we can hear from via the Holy Spirit!!

So I can and often to walk with Him and talk back and forth with Him!! Now His words come via His Holy Spirit to my spirit, but they are His words, so like the old Christian song does 'He walks with me and He talks with me..."

He is a person - not a Book!! You cannot possibly spend much time talking back and forth with Him and not know this!!! And since we are suppose to hear form Him everyday called "Today" any Christian should know this!! His sheep hear His voice, and it is a small voice that we pick up in us!!

When Him and I walk and talk, it is not surprising that He brings up verses in the Bible, but He brings them up and usually doesn't spend much time actually sounding like He is reading them. He might sound like this:

Jn 5:45-47“Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Take a close look at how Jesus talked to the Jews. He talked about Moses, but He didn't quote Moses in these verses! Note that Jesus also did not call the writings of Moses "God's words" but attributed the writing of Moses to Moses!!! That is different from what many do on this site!! And the thing is that He was reproving the Jews for NOT BELIEVING the very writings that they were studying!!! If they had believe the writings of Moses then they would have actually turned to Him and listen to His words, wouldn't they have? But if they didn't believe that His words were found near them, like Moses wrote, then who were they going to seek Him and actually listen to what He had to tell them?

So the person writing "EMBRACE THE WORDS OF THE LORD IN THAT BIBLE" - has got it all wrong!! The words of God we are preaching are from His voice, and that through the Holy Spirit to our spirit!! It is those words which give us life. It is those words with His sheep hear!! It is those words we live by. And since the come from Him personally and are personal to us, we have a personal relationship with Him, so we embrace Him the person of Jesus Christ!!! Yet the person who "EMBRACE THE WORDS OF THE LORD IN THAT BIBLE" - even failed to understand that the writings of Moses were the writings of Moses per Jesus Christ the Lord our God!!

Jesus had to tell them things like:

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Jn 6:64 “But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We study the Scriptures but we "Embrace" Jesus Christ!!!

You would think that someone proclaiming/preaching the Bible would know something about what is written in it!!

The Word of God we preach is not the Bible!! The Word of God we preach is found in our hearts and sometimes our mouth, because it is near us!! Paul went over this with his writings!!

Romans 10:2-7 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the [fn]end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is [fn]based on law shall live [fn]by that righteousness. But the righteousness [fn]based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”

But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

I can testify that I find Christians with a zeal for God but they don't really know Him. Knowing a person (even Jesus Christ) is not like knowing a book!! Because He is not a book (the Bible) but is a person who we can hear from via the Holy Spirit!!

So I can and often to walk with Him and talk back and forth with Him!! Now His words come via His Holy Spirit to my spirit, but they are His words, so like the old Christian song does 'He walks with me and He talks with me..."

He is a person - not a Book!! You cannot possibly spend much time talking back and forth with Him and not know this!!! And since we are suppose to hear form Him everyday called "Today" any Christian should know this!! His sheep hear His voice, and it is a small voice that we pick up in us!!

When Him and I walk and talk, it is not surprising that He brings up verses in the Bible, but He brings them up and usually doesn't spend much time actually sounding like He is reading them. He might sound like this:

Jn 5:45-47“Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Take a close look at how Jesus talked to the Jews. He talked about Moses, but He didn't quote Moses in these verses! Note that Jesus also did not call the writings of Moses "God's words" but attributed the writing of Moses to Moses!!! That is different from what many do on this site!! And the thing is that He was reproving the Jews for NOT BELIEVING the very writings that they were studying!!! If they had believe the writings of Moses then they would have actually turned to Him and listen to His words, wouldn't they have? But if they didn't believe that His words were found near them, like Moses wrote, then who were they going to seek Him and actually listen to what He had to tell them?

So the person writing "EMBRACE THE WORDS OF THE LORD IN THAT BIBLE" - has got it all wrong!! The words of God we are preaching are from His voice, and that through the Holy Spirit to our spirit!! It is those words which give us life. It is those words with His sheep hear!! It is those words we live by. And since the come from Him personally and are personal to us, we have a personal relationship with Him, so we embrace Him the person of Jesus Christ!!! Yet the person who "EMBRACE THE WORDS OF THE LORD IN THAT BIBLE" - even failed to understand that the writings of Moses were the writings of Moses per Jesus Christ the Lord our God!!

Jesus had to tell them things like:

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Jn 6:64 “But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.
You are trying to say these truths and make it seem as though if one embraces the TRUTH of the BIBLE somehow
they are not trusting IN THE SPIRIT , IN GOD or IN HIS CHRIST .
But you are dead wrong . Please hear me on this . Allow this flea a few words .
I used to live for sin , the old man raged on in his lusts .
ONE day THE TRUE GRACE OF GOD APPEARED , DREW ME TO CHRIST .
ANY GUESSES WHAT BOOK HE THEN PUT ME IN . THE BIBLE WITH A LOVE FOR TRUTH IN IT .
GO ye and learn that real fast . cause i am gonna be as the true ones were . THEY MADE SURE
to remind the church to be planted in the HOLY SCRIPS . GOD DID THIS FOR ME , and i by HIS grace
am gonna remind ALL TO DO THE SAME . NOW GO YE AND LEARN that my friend .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think this huge move to remove the diety of CHRIST has occured . Just take a guess .
You mean like you?

Yeah - people remove the diety of Christ because they don't actually listen to Him!!!

If a person does not understand that Jesus Christ is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORD, then it is clearly because they only give lip service to actually hearing from Him!!

His Father gave Him all things and put Him over all things, including the very words of God!! And since He is the perfect image of the invisible God and has the things of God and been placed on the throne of God He is God the Son. Indeed if you hear from Him you hear from God, and in fact you don't hear from God except that you hear from Him via His Holy Spirit!! Nobody knows the Father except the Son and anyone who the Son shows! But if you heard from Him you would understand that He shows you the Father by showing you Himself, because He is the perfect image of the invisible God and has all things the Father has!

Now if someone listens to Jesus Christ our Lord, then they get to know Him, but not Him because He does and says only what the Father tells Him. So it is that nobody really knows the Son except the Father. When we get to know Jesus Christ, we don't really get to know Him, again because He does and says only what the Father tells Him, so by knowing the Son we get to know the Father and only by getting to know the Son do we get to know the Father!

Now knowing the Bible is not the same thing as knowing the Son of God - simply because the Bible is a book - writings - and not the Person of Jesus Christ!!!

This is why the foremost command is "Hear, O Israel"!

Now the first words He told me personally were "Read Your Bible", but that proved that He was not the Bible!!

It turned out that He was the Teacher, among other things like the Wonderful Counselor, Might God, Everlasting Father (as show above), and the Prince of Peace, and most importantly my Lord (meaning He gives me instructions personally to do)

So the person who knows Him, knows Him as the Word of God!! Which is to say we hear God speaking to us personally, if we really know Jesus Christ!! So the Bible is not the Word of God to us, because He is!! He is alive and active and we know that because we hear Him everyday called Today, and many times each day because He never leaves us!!

However if a person stops listening to Him, they reject Him and have to turn to their own understanding instead of listening to Him. And when they do that they usually turn to their own understanding of the Bible and start saying in their hearts that He is either far off in heavn of perhaps dead, because they don't listen to Him and try to justify that inside them. When that happens they no longer consider Him God, and doubt that He talks to Him.

Now the first words that snake in the garden said were, "Did God really say..." That snake sows seeds of doubt that God will talk to you. If they take hold in your life then they promote you turning away from listening to the Lord our God, like what happened with Adam and Eve. It tends to happen to us too, because we too are people! So we stop considering Him God because we stopped listening to Him, because we doubted that He would talk to us.

People in that state tend to writing things like: The Bible is the Word of God - thus raising the wood and ink made into paper with writing, into a god!! They make an idol out of the Bible!! So they turn to the Bible instead of the Teacher!! Thus the Bible becomes their God and they created the Bible instead of God as giving them eternal life. They tell themselves the read the Bible and go to church so they are saved but it become obvious that they don't know Him as the Word of God.

Jesus explained it, and through Isaiah it was also explain, and they read the writings but don't actually believe what they read. They only believe that the study will save them, not that actual faith in Jesus Christ who is the Word of God who speaks to us saves them!

So the real question is why to people who proclaim the Bible is the Word of God not understand that Jesus Christ is the Word of God?? The answer is that they who think the proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord do not actually proclaim Jesus Christ as their Lord!! If He was their Lord they would listen to Him, but since they don't listen to Him they proclaim the Bible as their Lord.

They write things like: "I will follow the Bible" instead of " I follow Jesus Christ.
They write things like: "Whatever I hear has to match up with my Bible", instead of "Jesus Christ is teaching me things like what the Bible means"
They write things like: "The Bible is the Word of God", instead of writing that "Jesus Christ is the Word of God because He tells me the words God has for me."
They write things like: "You have to know your Bible", instead of writing "You have to know Jesus Christ like the Bible explains"

And I could go on, because it is easy to see who they are by what they write. And because I talk to our Lord Jesus Christ, He also points out how people are. We people reject Him and reject Him and reject Him and reject Him, so He is always just standing there talking to us hoping we will again turn back to Him, since we are regularly rejecting Him.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like you?

Yeah - people remove the diety of Christ because they don't actually listen to Him!!!

If a person does not understand that Jesus Christ is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORD, then it is clearly because they only give lip service to actually hearing from Him!!

His Father gave Him all things and put Him over all things, including the very words of God!! And since He is the perfect image of the invisible God and has the things of God and been placed on the throne of God He is God the Son. Indeed if you hear from Him you hear from God, and in fact you don't hear from God except that you hear from Him via His Holy Spirit!! Nobody knows the Father except the Son and anyone who the Son shows! But if you heard from Him you would understand that He shows you the Father by showing you Himself, because He is the perfect image of the invisible God and has all things the Father has!

Now if someone listens to Jesus Christ our Lord, then they get to know Him, but not Him because He does and says only what the Father tells Him. So it is that nobody really knows the Son except the Father. When we get to know Jesus Christ, we don't really get to know Him, again because He does and says only what the Father tells Him, so by knowing the Son we get to know the Father and only by getting to know the Son do we get to know the Father!

Now knowing the Bible is not the same thing as knowing the Son of God - simply because the Bible is a book - writings - and not the Person of Jesus Christ!!!

Now the first words He told me personally were "Read Your Bible", but that proved that He was not the Bible!!

It turned out that He was the Teacher, among other things like the Wonderful Counselor, Might God, Everlasting Father (as show above), and the Prince of Peace, and most importantly my Lord (meaning He gives me instructions personally to do)

So the person who knows Him, knows Him as the Word of God!! Which is to say we hear God speaking to us personally, if we really know Jesus Christ!! So the Bible is not the Word of God to us, because He is!! He is alive and active and we know that because we hear Him everyday called Today, and many times each day because He never leaves us!!

However if a person stops listening to Him, they reject Him and have to turn to their own understanding instead of listening to Him. And when they do that they usually turn to their own understanding of the Bible and start saying in their hearts that He is either far off in heavn of perhaps dead, because they don't listen to Him and try to justify that inside them. When that happens they no longer consider Him God, and doubt that He talks to Him.

Now the first words that snake in the garden said were, "Did God really say..." That snake sows seeds of doubt that God will talk to you. If they take hold in your life then they promote you turning away from listening to the Lord our God, like what happened with Adam and Eve. It tends to happen to us too, because we too are people! So we stop considering Him God because we stopped listening to Him, because we doubted that He would talk to us.

People in that state tend to writing things like: The Bible is the Word of God - thus raising the wood and ink made into paper with writing, into a god!! They make an idol out of the Bible!! So they turn to the Bible instead of the Teacher!! Thus the Bible becomes their God and they created the Bible instead of God as giving them eternal life. They tell themselves the read the Bible and go to church so they are saved but it become obvious that they don't know Him as the Word of God.

Jesus explained it, and through Isaiah it was also explain, and they read the writings but don't actually believe what they read. They only believe that the study will save them, not that actual faith in Jesus Christ who is the Word of God who speaks to us saves them!

So the real question is why to people who proclaim the Bible is the Word of God not understand that Jesus Christ is the Word of God?? The answer is that they who think the proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord do not actually proclaim Jesus Christ as their Lord!! If He was their Lord they would listen to Him, but since they don't listen to Him they proclaim the Bible as their Lord.

They write things like: "I will follow the Bible" instead of " I follow Jesus Christ.
They write things like: "Whatever I hear has to match up with my Bible", instead of "Jesus Christ is teaching me things like what the Bible means"
They write things like: "The Bible is the Word of God", instead of writing that "Jesus Christ is the Word of God because He tells me the words God has for me."
They write things like: "You have to know your Bible", instead of writing "You have to know Jesus Christ like the Bible explains"

And I could go on, because it is easy to see who they are by what they write. And because I talk to our Lord Jesus Christ, He also points out how people are. We people reject Him and reject Him and reject Him and reject Him, so He is always just standing there talking to us hoping we will again turn back to Him, since we are regularly rejecting Him.
karl you try so hard to bring in progressive mindsets to try and get people to rely on feelings rather than the bible .
By grace i can see right through this . Ps , NEVER FOLLOW the PROGRESSIVE LIE of the all incluisive satanic social gospel .
IT TOO is a lie .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like you?

Somehow i get this feeling , and i could be wrong , that you seem liberal . Am i right or wrong .
at least answer that . cause something seems off and i keep getting this feeling that you are more the progressive type .
of course the evanglical realm is being influenced by it too .
But i keep getting this feeling you are definetly following a more progressive social type .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are trying to say these truths and make it seem as though if one embraces the TRUTH of the BIBLE somehow
they are not trusting IN THE SPIRIT , IN GOD or IN HIS CHRIST .
But you are dead wrong . Please hear me on this . Allow this flea a few words .
I used to live for sin , the old man raged on in his lusts .
ONE day THE TRUE GRACE OF GOD APPEARED , DREW ME TO CHRIST .
ANY GUESSES WHAT BOOK HE THEN PUT ME IN . THE BIBLE WITH A LOVE FOR TRUTH IN IT .
GO ye and learn that real fast . cause i am gonna be as the true ones were . THEY MADE SURE
to remind the church to be planted in the HOLY SCRIPS . GOD DID THIS FOR ME , and i by HIS grace
am gonna remind ALL TO DO THE SAME . NOW GO YE AND LEARN that my friend .

Is it the Bible who drew you to Jesus Christ, if indeed you are drawn to Him???

Did you not read that Jesus Christ is the "Truth", but you are again making the Bible Jesus Christ the Lord our God!!

Just look at what you wrote, you should be able to see you replace Jesus Christ with the Bible!!

You also miss understand how the Lord our God is One!! That points to you not hearing the Lord!!

Mark 12:28,29 One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, “What commandment is the foremost of all?” Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;

The Scriptures are good for reproof, so look close at the above Scriptures:

A Scribe asked Jesus what the foremost command is and Jesus responds by saying "Hear, O Israel" - "Hear, O Israel" is a command!!! and Jesus said it was the foremost commandment!!! The next statement "THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD" is not a command but a statement that is attached to the foremost commandment!! Now if you were to listen to Him, He would start pointing these little but very important things our to you! If you "Hear" what He has to say to you, like commanded, then some things then happen. The first of which is that you start to understand how "THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD"!! Yet by your writings you clearly don't understand how "THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD" - which is why you wrote "IN THE SPIRIT , IN GOD or IN HIS CHRIST . You just don't understand how "THE LORD OUR GOD IS NOT LORD"!!! That is because you don't listen to Him, like commanded!!

If you did listen to Him, you would understand that it is the Father's good pleasure to glorify His Son. So He gave all things to His Son!! Now His Son, being perfect, decided to do and say only what the Father tells Him. Therefore all deity is place in the Son and comes from the Son! Now the Holy Spirit, like the Father, wants to glorify the Son. So the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own initiative but takes the words of God from the Son because the Son owns them because the Father gave them to Him and the Holy Spirit (again not on His own initiative) brings those words of God with belong to the Son to us but when sent to do so.

Therefore, when you hear from the Holy Spirit you hear the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and He got them from the Father - so "THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD" and you would know that if you spent much time actually hearing from God!!!!

And as for listening to fleas, why should I listen to fleas???

My wife has a cat, and it has fleas all too often. We wind up washing them away down the drain. Now if you actually heard from the Lord our God Jesus Christ then you might have teachings from God and I like His teachings. I know we all know in part, because I do hear from Him, and if a person hears from Him they have things parts that I find interesting. This forum should be full of things the Lord told others, but it is not.

False humility and point others to yourself instead of Him is sad. So I have made it about pointing people Him who is worth knowing!! Yeah - we are not even as big as a flea to Him, but He counts us as sons and daughters!!! He will also sends you angels to minister to you, and you will quickly find out that those angels who serve Him are soooooo much greater, smarter, and wiser that you, and they don't even consider understanding the depths of God a thing to be understood. Never-the-less, if God counts you to be important to Him, then you are you to call yourself a flea??? As for me, I am a friend of the most High God!! The angels in heaven, though so much greater that me, even know that I am a friend and Son of the most high God!!! That doesn't make me smarter than any other person. Indeed, it is written that you can tell a fool by the number of His words. So I know who I am! I am a fool, and yet God has chosen the foolish things of this world to confound the wise.

So I foolishly write many words telling people to actually seek the Lord our God Jesus Christ and listen to Him, even though I see they won't actually turn to Him and listen!! Yet He told me to do that, just like He told Ezekiel:

Ezek 3:4-9 “For you are not being sent to a people of unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel, nor to many peoples of unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. But I have sent you to them who should listen to you; yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate. “Behold, I have made your face as hard as their faces and your forehead as hard as their foreheads. “Like emery harder than flint I have made your forehead. Do not be afraid of them or be dismayed before them, though they are a rebellious house.”

So why don't people really seek Him and listen to Him? It is just like what's written in the Bible!! They are not willing, no matter how much you tell them!! And if they don't listen then the orderly lines of text in the Bible they read a little and there will be the word of God to them, again, just like is written:

Is 28: 1214 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order,
Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.
Therefore, hear the word of the LORD, O scoffers,
Who rule this people who are in Jerusalem,

Therefore - do what the "Therefore" tells you to do and hear the word of the LORD, and I am not talking about reading!! Reading is not hearing!! Hearing is hearing!! Hear the word of God and the word of God is found near you, in your heart, and perhaps even coming our your mouth.

Have I not even pointed out the words from you to show you how your are wrong. So if you pay really pay attention to what you pick up in your spirit and then take them to the Lord He will help you, but you have to be willing to listen to Him as a son of His (not a flea) that He wishes to help!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was younger, before the year of 2007, I was open to people who said they could hear God speak. But now days I find myself feeling scared when someone tells me this.

Why do we need to hear the voice of God when the Bible is the complete word of God?

I got emotionally damaged by someone who said to me: "God told me not to talk to you anymore". I was like that is mean! Several years later the same person tried apologizing to me, telling me that they were going through depression. The conversations kept getting weirder after that.

I used to watch a Bible prophecy program, and lots of the so called "Prophets" said they could hear the voice of God, and yet none of the prophecies came true. Which meant they were false prophets. If they would of lived in the Old Testament times, in Israel they would of been stoned for it.

With that opening statement, here is my set of questions.

Do you hear the voice of God? What do you think of people who say they hear the voice of God? Do we need to hear the voice of God when we got the Bible to tell us?

Indeed, many who make claims are false.

However, even the written word of God answers your most important question: "Why do we need to hear the voice of God when the Bible is the complete word of God?" To which, Jesus answered regarding a similar issue, saying "Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold?"

Which then is greater, reading the word of God, or hearing directly from the Author? The scriptures also tell us that all that comes from God of His word, is not just written on paper, but on hearts. Thus, when someone has truly heard from God, hearing an audible voice is only one of the ways. Chronologically, God not only spoke audibly, but "moved", "inspired" and "came upon" people in spirit; then it was written on paper; after which it was to finally be written on one's heart. So, I ask again, which is greater?

I submit to you--the least of these is on paper.

Reactions: dev553344

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somehow i get this feeling , and i could be wrong , that you seem liberal . Am i right or wrong .
at least answer that . cause something seems off and i keep getting this feeling that you are more the progressive type .
of course the evanglical realm is being influenced by it too .
But i keep getting this feeling you are definetly following a more progressive social type .
Yeah you are wrong!!!

It is not about liberal or conservative, but about knowing the Lord our God Jesus Christ!!

So you are really wrong!!! You have your whole concepts just wrong!!!

God is not liberal nor conservative, He is God!!

Now I then vote Republican though I register Libertarian, and I despise/hate what is going on politically in this country, because this country is turning from God more and more!!! Sometimes I even find it hard to vote, because who is even listening to God. Is it Trump?? No not Trump. Is it Biden? No not Biden! The Lord once insisted I vote for Bush Jr., and that was when many Christian who did actually hear from the Lord had also been told to vote for him, and also the time when George W Bush himself said the Lord told him he would be president. So he actually had a testimony about hearing the Lord, which is more than I can say about many posting here.

So anyway, you didn't hear from the Lord and still failing to understand that it is about seeking the Lord and hearing from Him!!!

Do you, who claim to know the Bible, want to know the problem in this country today??

I will show you with the Bible!

1 Sam 8:19 Nevertheless, the people refused to listen to the voice of Samuel, and they said, “No, but there shall be a king over us,

1 Sam 12:13- 15 “Now therefore, here is the king whom you have chosen, whom you have asked for, and behold, the LORD has set a king over you. “If you will fear the LORD and serve Him, and listen to His voice and not rebel against the command of the LORD, then both you and also the king who reigns over you will follow the LORD your God. “If you will not listen to the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the command of the LORD, then the hand of the LORD will be against you, as it was against your fathers.

We can read the Bible but will still miss it though. There has always been one thing the Lord wants us to do and that is listen to Him and do what He askes of us!! You didn't listen to Him but thought I was liberal or more progressive!! That was because you still don't realize that I have been telling you to listen to the Lord, and He has always had the same personality!! And that is what's going on in this country. The people, liberal and conservative, Democrats and Republicans, are not listening to His voice!!

You could have asked me what I have heard from Him concerning the politics of today, but you didn't consider that, because you still don't consider listening to Him and thing to be done - see the OP!!

So since we Christians are not listening to Him like we should, but are leaning on our own understanding, everyone starts thinking it is ok to lean on their own understanding!! So our churches are declining. Our leader don't listen to Him because we don't. We who do listen sometimes wonder if anyone is hearing from Him - as seen in the OP!! And the Lord even had it written in your Bible that we have chosen our king. "here is the king whom you have chosen"!!!

So we as a nation have chosen, our President and we didn't seek the Lord as a nation!! Yet still He said "If you will fear the LORD and serve Him, and listen to His voice and not rebel against the command of the LORD, then both you and also the king who reigns over you will follow the LORD your God."

But we didn't do that either!! And the proof is right hear on this thread!!!! I have been instructed by Him to try and get His people, even those who say they are Christians, to listen to His voice, but have they not rebelled against listening to Him???

And looks what happens when His people don't actually listen to Him!

“If you will not listen to the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the command of the LORD, then the hand of the LORD will be against you, as it was against your fathers.

Reading the Bible is not the same as listening to Him!!! And so I have gone over and over this. I also testify about hearing from Him, over and over. Yet I see many of His people refuse to actually seek Him and listen to Him.

Again, I can tell you things He tells me. As for abortion, He told me that we have life when two become one. Spiritually speaking we have life when His Holy Spirit comes into you, but note that the Holy Spirit speaks and in words that we pick up inside us!! And since God made the heavens and then the earth, then what happens in the spiritual is copied in a form in the physical. So when a sperm enters an egg we have life. So to abort a pregnancy is killing the baby, per my Lord! And so it is no surprise that Christians in general are against abortion! Never-the-less, it is not about knowing this but about knowing the Lord, and that comes from actually listening to Him.

How about protests? Well, right before we had all those protest, and specifically about a protest over a beach closing in Huntington Beach, CA, where I used to live. He told me that He did not want me protesting!!! That was right before all the Black lives matter protests. So who listened to Him?? You can tell by who protested or not, because a person leaning on their own understanding might choose on their own to not go to a protest, but as for me He told me specifically not to protest! So was it about protesting or about listening to the Lord?

It is and always is about listening to the Lord!! Because perhaps He could tell someone to protest and not tell me to do so. He is a personal God, and makes personal decisions to accomplish His plan. As for us we need to listen, and not just show how wrong we are!!