Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm probably not going to find a place to my liking, because in my experiences, websites tend to be too extreme. The Christian places are really extreme one way, and the secular places are really extreme the other way, and I feel like I exist in reality.
You are so right AOJ. the very far right and the very far left are yelling so loud that, the middle gets drowned out. Evil = Good and visa versa now, just as the scriptures tell us will happen. They (the world) don't even try to hide their hatred and angst anymore. That, IMHO is why politics and religion do not mix. As 'they' say, you cannot legislate morality. And even if the mixing of the two into one happens, then all you have is another version of Sharia law.

"If you feel like praying for me, you could ask the Lord to help me get into better relationships. "

I do feel like praying for you right now, and I pray and agree with you that relationships matter. So along those lines I pray that you (and I!) will "see" things through a Jesus tinted lens, Amen.
He is moving in my life now like He hasn't in awhile! I can actually see a light up ahead and trust He is handling things. Our focus is so easily pulled away from Him sometimes. Satan gets us to put our focus on our losses, and what we don't have. We forget what we do have, and then forget to thank Him still, for what we have. I fell short recently, until I got prone on the floor a few weeks back and simply worshipped Him "with groans that could not be uttered"! nd many words flowing out. Then it started to happen and, I tackled a room in my house, with a little help from my sister and got it done in two days. Even ripped up the old rug and Murphy oil soaped it good. So, decided to put this house on the market again!
But, if He isn't in it, I don't want it. Getting tired of my own decisions. This time, I will just let Him, for real, take the wheel back... :)
Sorry for hijacking your thread Greg (hangs head in shame)

Ever thought of putting your computer skills to use by making your own website? I have no clue how to do that but...let's see what some of the guys on here say to this post.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy I don't feel like I need to address everything in your long post. The first part I either agree with it. But the last part, I feel that I should say something about it.

It is an idea that I have thought about.

I think we need to think about computer technology like a tree. You have the root, the trunk, and then the branches. Usually people specialize in something or somethings, but almost never specialize in the whole tree. I can put some computers together, and can install and test most operating systems. But when it comes to website coding, I don't have a clue how to do that. In fact I don't know how to do any computer coding. There was only one time in my life when my electronics teacher had me messing around qbasic for dos. It was not enough for me to learn anything.
"I can put some computers together, and can install and test most operating systems. But when it comes to website coding, I don't have a clue how to do that. In fact I don't know how to do any computer coding."

Well, here's a hint!
You didn't "have a clue" before you:

"put some computers together, and can install and test most operating systems."

I might know a half a person who has any idea how to even get into their email much less all that, lol! That's something!? Yes, it's more than most know.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been struggling with some frustrations. And these particular frustrations have been with Women in general, but maybe even worse on the internet. I got many stories I could tell. And some stories are so old now, that my brain is having trouble remembering them, but from time to time those memories will revisit me. I feel that if I could join a Man's forum where I could talk freely without hurting any Woman's feelings could be a good thing. However my experiences have taught me that even Men aren't always the best people for me to talk to either. Just as one example, of several, I was on a Christian Social Networking site called "Living In Black And White". (I don't know if it exists anymore.) The activity on it was winding down a lot, which is why I ended up leaving it for a few other Christian Social Networking sites. Anyways it had a prayer group on the site. I remember this one day I was really feeling broken, and the only thing I could come up with was. "I am frustrated with women." So I made a prayer request around that. The result was very interesting. Right away the guys jumped on me to defend women. The really cool thing that happened was the leader of the group, was a woman, and she told me, that she almost got offensive about it, and then something stopped her. She said she thought about it. She was also single and was also a bit frustrated with men! So instead of getting upset with me, she said she started praying for me instead. I must say, I felt a lot more respect for her then I did for the guys who went into automatic "defend women" mode. When it comes to this sort of thing, I think it terms of "right" and "wrong". Look men do wrong things sometimes. Women do wrong things sometimes. We hurt each other sometimes, and it can really be awful when it happens. I don't think my prayer request was wrong of me for ask it. It was honest, and I wasn't attacking anyone. I was just speaking the truth that a lot of women online had been hurting me, and the guys just want to fly in and come to the rescue. Maybe they think if the women see this, then perhaps they will get a chance on being in relationship or something? I don't know. But I will not defend anyone that is doing wrong no matter what gender they are!

If you feel like praying for me, you could ask the Lord to help me get into better relationships. Or you ask the Lord to help me to find a forum where I could talk freely about what is bothering me. Often times I get stuck with either talking with a woman about it, or I get stuck talking to a guy with some really unhelpful ideas. Either way I haven't had good luck finding a solution to my problem. I've even tried watching some youtube videos on the subject, and other similar subjects and that hasn't helped me either.

I don't hate women at all. I'm very much attracted to them, and feel love for them. But I have also been in a lot of aggravating situations that got me confused and hurt in a way that just never completely goes away. Lots of bad memories.
Great topic and something I have been dealing with a lot. There are a segment of women that are speaking loudly ruining the God ordained role of the Woman in the family, and home. There is also a segment of men that react to this to the extreme in the opposite direction and they have a loud podium they are shouting from.... Both feed off of each other, and in so doing generalizations fly both ways, which are reinforced by both sides words and actions. Social media is doing a lot to ruin the modern women in the west, and in turn the men's response to that though somewhat justified reinforces the animus..... No need to name names as I am sure you are familiar with them.

Remember, it was Eve that first sinned, Adam followed suit.... No different now, Satan knows if he can get to the woman he can get the man too.... Whatever the means, feminism, money swindling, disrespecting men.... Satan knows these elicit a response from men which if born in vengeance serves to spread hate, and the Love of many waxes cold.

My advice to you is to rise above the whiles of the devil, and learn how to act in Love and sacrifice for women.... Be a gentlemen, a Christian and shower those around you with Love, not expecting any in return, and you may find you all of a sudden have drawn in the right type of Woman. Leave the hatred and vengeance to those fighting against one another and draw out the gems In womankind by your kindness and Love for them.

I Hope this advice helps, I Know it has for me. Be praying for you, that God will draw the true gem to you, and that you will realize that, what God has brought together can never be torn apart.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After I graduated from high school, I tried to get an entry level tech job. My first job was building circuit boards. I was fired after just 4 weeks because I wasn't "fast" enough for them. Then I was a packer for R/V place. They also were going to let me go for not being fast enough. During those years of job searching, I applied at several computer places. Obviously I never landed a computer job. Now applying for those places is harder then it used to be. Now you got to go online, and do it however they want you too. The last time I tried, was back in 2013. I had to fill out a pdf form, write a letter, and create a resume, and email it all to them. I have no ability to do the letter. I can barely do a resume. Plus some of the things they asked me on the application caused me to freeze up. They wanted to know what was the last book I read. I don't read books very often. I listen to them! Also the kind of things I listen too wouldn't necessarily be fitting for a computer job. What am I supposed to say? I listen to a lot of Christian theology type books? To me a question like that is being too nosy.
I just saw that you have some pretty damn good debug skills, the ability to research a problem, and some good old-fashioned dogged persistence in going after that Debian kernel issue. Finding the right place where you can use those skills is just another problem to be researched. Same for writing a resume; there's plenty of on-line help for that. As for on-line questionnaires... just be honest. Some people just learn better from A/V content delivery than from reading; employers these days know that and adjust their training accordingly. Similarly, if the last book you listened to was a theology book, just say so. That tells the employer that you can take on tough subjects. (And they're not supposed to hold someone's religion against them, if that' what you're worried about, though I don't doubt that kind of stuff happens but is never documented.)

Anyway, I think you have the technical skills an employer needs; it's just a matter of finding the right place to use them. And maybe a matter of just getting so sick and tired of your current situation that you're willing to risk rejection and the frustration with the job search process in order to change it.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been struggling with some frustrations. And these particular frustrations have been with Women in general, but maybe even worse on the internet. I got many stories I could tell. And some stories are so old now, that my brain is having trouble remembering them, but from time to time those memories will revisit me. I feel that if I could join a Man's forum where I could talk freely without hurting any Woman's feelings could be a good thing. However my experiences have taught me that even Men aren't always the best people for me to talk to either. Just as one example, of several, I was on a Christian Social Networking site called "Living In Black And White". (I don't know if it exists anymore.) The activity on it was winding down a lot, which is why I ended up leaving it for a few other Christian Social Networking sites. Anyways it had a prayer group on the site. I remember this one day I was really feeling broken, and the only thing I could come up with was. "I am frustrated with women." So I made a prayer request around that. The result was very interesting. Right away the guys jumped on me to defend women. The really cool thing that happened was the leader of the group, was a woman, and she told me, that she almost got offensive about it, and then something stopped her. She said she thought about it. She was also single and was also a bit frustrated with men! So instead of getting upset with me, she said she started praying for me instead. I must say, I felt a lot more respect for her then I did for the guys who went into automatic "defend women" mode. When it comes to this sort of thing, I think it terms of "right" and "wrong". Look men do wrong things sometimes. Women do wrong things sometimes. We hurt each other sometimes, and it can really be awful when it happens. I don't think my prayer request was wrong of me for ask it. It was honest, and I wasn't attacking anyone. I was just speaking the truth that a lot of women online had been hurting me, and the guys just want to fly in and come to the rescue. Maybe they think if the women see this, then perhaps they will get a chance on being in relationship or something? I don't know. But I will not defend anyone that is doing wrong no matter what gender they are!

If you feel like praying for me, you could ask the Lord to help me get into better relationships. Or you ask the Lord to help me to find a forum where I could talk freely about what is bothering me. Often times I get stuck with either talking with a woman about it, or I get stuck talking to a guy with some really unhelpful ideas. Either way I haven't had good luck finding a solution to my problem. I've even tried watching some youtube videos on the subject, and other similar subjects and that hasn't helped me either.

I don't hate women at all. I'm very much attracted to them, and feel love for them. But I have also been in a lot of aggravating situations that got me confused and hurt in a way that just never completely goes away. Lots of bad memories.
You tend to discount yourself alot, I sure hope from the responses you see that you have much to offer people.
I think, aside from what everyone here has told you, you have a great deal of insight.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully understand the loneliness! I am not a very sexual person, never was so...I'm just fine there. One of my brothers has huge labido (think he got my share, lol) he's married with 5 grown kids but, he fights it all the time. It is a very strong drive and I have no idea why God has not sent a good Christian woman your way.

Reactions: Lambano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is confusing. Or maybe he's just beyond our understanding.

He knows all things, and yet He has this verse in the Bible.

Jeremiah 19:5
5 They have built the high places of Baal to burn their children in the fire as offerings to Baal—something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind.
Oh He is definitely beyond our understanding. I think the verse you quoted is just God pointing out their horrible sins and saying that He did not command such a thing, nor did it enter His mind to do such a thing?