Replacement Theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear that you believe that there is one Jewish Church and one Gentile Church. But that would make it two churches. On the other hand Scripture is very clear that there is only ONE Church (all redeemed Jews and Gentiles) which is both the Body, the Bride, and the Building of Christ.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Cor 12:13)

There are NOT two churches today and the Jewish church from Acts, that everybody thinks they are members of, hasn't existed in the last 1955 years. It ended when Israel was set aside in Ac 28:25-28, for not accepting Christ as their Messiah. Today's all-Gentile church is found only in Paul's last 7 books, all written after Acts. Anyone with eyes can compare Paul's books written during Acts to both Jews and Gentiles (Rom, Gal, 1&2Cor, 1&2Th, and Heb) with the all-Gentile books written after Acts (Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon), and see the HUGE difference between the two. Nothing from Acts (including your quote from 1Cor above) applies directly to anyone today, much to the chagrin of probably 95% of all Christians.

Please, for your own sake, read Eph and Col, prayerfully. In those books, you will find that the NEW church has a calling in Heaven (you can't miss this fact - it appears many times), whereas, the church in Acts has a lesser calling of the New Jerusalem, which is not Heaven. The last shall be first and the first shall be last. Just the differences of the 2 callings (Heaven vs New Jerusalem) is enough to absolutely prove that these 2 churches are completely different.

Note that in Ephesians, the phrase, "heavenly places" appears several times. This phrase literally means the supra or super-heavens and that phrase appears only in the book of Ephesians. It is also defined as "far above all Heavens" and the place where Christ now sits at the right hand of God. See Eph 1:20, Col 3:1-4. Compare Eph 1:20, which tells us WHERE Christ ascended to, with Eph 2:6, which says WHERE we will eventually ascend to.

Eph 1:20 - Christ
"Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,"
Eph 2:6 - US
"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

Note the mention of the heaven and the heaven of heavens in Deut 10:14 and 1Ki 8:27, 1Chron 2:6, and 6:18. The Heavenly places of Ephesians is the same place as the Heaven of Heavens in those OT verses.

Note that Glory in Col 3:4 below is in a place said to be above the heavens in Ps 8:1. The appearing of Christ is certainly not the same as the Rapture. With the "appearing", when Christ appears to His creation in Heavenly Places we will immediately be resurrected to where Christ is in Heavenly Places
Col 3:1-4
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Ps 8:1
O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

I could continue with this for days. There is so much information in Paul's last 7 books, that what I've said is easily provable. All you have to do is read those last 7 books. However, if you try to read those books without first parking all of the Acts baggage you have stored in your brain, like the vast majority of all Christians, there will be confusion. It's hard to understand the After-Acts books with Acts spectacles on. That's what right division is all about - cutting God's Word, once, in a certain place and discarding the part that doesn't apply to you. Except for Christ's death, burial, and resurrection, I know of nothing in the other 59 (66-7), 100% all-Jewish books that apply directly to you, as far as your church, your calling, your hope, and your rules and directions concerning these things are concerned. The only place in the Bible to Correctly Cut God's word is Acts 28:28, since, on the Acts side of the cut, it WAS BACK THEN, 100% Israel, and, on the After-Acts side of the cut, it IS NOW 100% Gentile.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not "floating around" but definitely in place, while there is a Millennium on earth. Why is that a problem?
So you have the eternal kingdom in New Jerusalem on this earth?

The wicked were judged already to the lake of fire in Matthew 25:41

And you have mortal humans on earth living and dying in a temporary 1000 year millennium?

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is about the 10th long post that I've lost before posting it. I asked the powers that be for assistance and received nothing. It seems to happen when I inadvertently click on a blank area while typing the post. I'm on several other forums and never have any problems with them. Some continually save the post as a draft, while I'm writing it.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is about the 10th long post that I've lost before posting it. I asked honchos for assistance and received nothing. I'm on several other forums and never have any problems with them. They continually save the post as a draft, while I'm writing it.
Say no more than looking into the future, at the marriage supper.

No rapture is seen, assumed, or suggested.

Lin Stone

May 31, 2018
Buckeye, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there may be a case for believing that Satan also may have had a hand in bring "Israel" back into the literal land. Why? Because it, meaning not just theologically and eschatologically but also politically and socially, has been a huge distraction not just for the world, but for the church. How much resources have been funnelled into the ongoing dispute over that little parcel of land which could have been going elsewhere? Been put to better use? Like for the gospel? How much funding has gone to support a nation...for what purpose if all is going to be destroyed at the second coming? And Zionism, Christian or otherwise, is meant to be a tool God is using to establish Israel again? That they can reinstitute a sacrilegious blasphemous counterfeit of Calvary in a man made temple to a God they abandoned and murdered 2000 years ago?
Do you really believe satan had a hand in bringing Israel back? Seriously? Satan did everything he could to PREVENT it by possessing Hitler and others in Germany to commit "the final solution", a lot like Haman tried in the book of Esther. There are numerous prophecies, in Jeremiah, Isaiah, and others where God Himself says He swill bring His chosen back into the land He promised them to possess. God does use satan quite often to get what God Himself plans(Jesus Christ put on the cross for instance[boy that backfired on satan])so perhaps the evil one had a small part. As for the "huge distraction" caused by the Jews being in the land God gave them for eternity: you are mistaken, it is the devil causing all the violence and other troubles. Every time Jew Haters blame the Jews for the worlds ills satan and his minions laugh and encourage the hate all the more. There is not one place in the Word of God that justifies ANYONE to hate the Jews. People learn to hate the Jews by what ignorant commentators write and have written for millennia. Even the great Martin Luther wrote of his hatred of the Jews and wrote that the Jews synagogue should be set afire while they worshipped and kept inside to burn to death. What Martin Luther wrote about the Jews Hitler used to justify "the final solution." Todays Jew Haters use commentary from many sources to justify their hatred. As a Christian I believe what God says about the Jewish people and how we are to treat them.

Concerning replacement theology. That is an old idea that died when the Jewish people became the nation of Israel once again. IMO, anyone who still believes it isn't reading their Bible enough and/or asking the Holy Spirit to show them the truth of the matter. The Gentiles who receive Jesus Christ as Lord are grafted in with the nation Israel. But, as Paul says, Gentiles who stop believing or believe falsely can be just as easily be removed.

Jesus Christ, and writers in the O.T. and N.T. have warned: Do Not Be Deceived. Stand on the Word of God. All the rest is so much rubbish that will be burned as stubble.

B

brakelite

Do you really believe satan had a hand in bringing Israel back? Seriously? Satan did everything he could to PREVENT it by possessing Hitler and others in Germany to commit "the final solution", a lot like Haman tried in the book of Esther. There are numerous prophecies, in Jeremiah, Isaiah, and others where God Himself says He swill bring His chosen back into the land He promised them to possess. God does use satan quite often to get what God Himself plans(Jesus Christ put on the cross for instance[boy that backfired on satan])so perhaps the evil one had a small part. As for the "huge distraction" caused by the Jews being in the land God gave them for eternity: you are mistaken, it is the devil causing all the violence and other troubles. Every time Jew Haters blame the Jews for the worlds ills satan and his minions laugh and encourage the hate all the more. There is not one place in the Word of God that justifies ANYONE to hate the Jews. People learn to hate the Jews by what ignorant commentators write and have written for millennia. Even the great Martin Luther wrote of his hatred of the Jews and wrote that the Jews synagogue should be set afire while they worshipped and kept inside to burn to death. What Martin Luther wrote about the Jews Hitler used to justify "the final solution." Todays Jew Haters use commentary from many sources to justify their hatred. As a Christian I believe what God says about the Jewish people and how we are to treat them.

Concerning replacement theology. That is an old idea that died when the Jewish people became the nation of Israel once again. IMO, anyone who still believes it isn't reading their Bible enough and/or asking the Holy Spirit to show them the truth of the matter. The Gentiles who receive Jesus Christ as Lord are grafted in with the nation Israel. But, as Paul says, Gentiles who stop believing or believe falsely can be just as easily be removed.

Jesus Christ, and writers in the O.T. and N.T. have warned: Do Not Be Deceived. Stand on the Word of God. All the rest is so much rubbish that will be burned as stubble.
Satan’s Prime Target and focus….Israel? Or the Church??

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I' not antisemitic however it appears you are caught in the web of "Christian Zionism"?

Jew's God's Chosen, The Apple Of His Eye?

Jew's Are God's Elect?

Israel Is Currently God's Holy Land?

This false teaching evolves largely around dispensationalism, Dallas Theological, and it's graduates and associates, John Hagee, many Baptist Churches, etc

God does not have a chosen people based upon race or ethnic heeitage, He is "No Respector Of Person"

Reactions: brakelite

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking only to the OP.

You must first establish whether there be a "thousand years reign of Christ on earth" practically most everyone agrees upon. However, there is no such Scripture found anywhere in the Bible I'm aware of.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking only to the OP.

You must first establish whether there be a "thousand years reign of Christ on earth" practically most everyone agrees upon. However, there is no such Scripture found anywhere in the Bible I'm aware of.
You get a big A+, there is absolutely no Kingdom On Earth found in Revelation 20:1-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Jun2u and brakelite