Reply: Call no man father

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's look at the original manuscript message and take each word - word by word and see how they compare to the Catholic Translation.
There are no "original manuscripts". They don't exist. What we have are extant copies. St. Jerome in the 4th century had a big mess to clean up. He was fluent in Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew and took all "manuscripts" available and translated them into the Latin Vulgate. Latin, at the time, was a language well known to anyone who could read. He also had the help of Jewish rabbis. The Douay/Reims version was translated directly from the Latin Vulgate, predating the KJV by 11 years.
Has anyone noticed that "sola scriptura" is a Latin phrase?

The KJV is translated from the Textus Receptus, whose accuracy/authenticity has been endlessly debated.
Could go through and show every single last one of these passages have been altered, manipulated over exaggerated and lifted out of context - never in the manuscript is Paul going around declaring that people beneath him are his sons -
Then provide ONE verse where Paul DENIES his spiritual fatherhood. Any translation will do.

1 Corinthians 4:15 (biblehub.com)

Last edited:

goodserverity

May 13, 2021
Harbor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry you felt I was insulting.

my post was never intended to insult your Roman Catholic faith.

I was just explaining what the Popes and Fatican have always encouraged and exampled for people to - bow down and kiss and carress images or idols of Mary.

I thought you were old enough to be familiar with this common knowledge - it is all over the internet.

Click Here shorturl.at/brPTZ

This will explain what I was referring to.

1Co_4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Call no man father

Typical fundamentalist misunderstandings!

Matthew 23:9 "And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

Notice where your true father is, "He is in heaven", and we talk to Him in prayer. When we repent, we go to Him in Jesus name. Though we have physical fleshly fathers, we have but one Father of our souls, for God created our souls. There is only one creator of souls, and he is in heaven, and only God should be called Father. By deception, many are called father here on this earth, and have assumed the role of the Father, and Jesus is warning us of them. They expect you to come to them for confession, and they grant you forgiveness, however, there is a much more critical time coming just ahead, at the coming of Satan, the Antichrist when the whole world will call him father.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I was just explaining what the Popes and Fatican have always encouraged and exampled for people to - bow down and kiss and carress images or idols of Mary.

“Catholics worship statues!” People still make this ridiculous claim. Because Catholics have statues in their churches, goes the accusation, they are violating God’s commandment: “You shall not make for yourself a graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow down to them or serve them” (Ex. 20:4–5).

It is right to warn people against the sin of idolatry when they are committing it. But calling Catholics idolaters because they have images of Christ and the saints is based on misunderstanding or ignorance of what the Bible says about the purpose and uses (both good and bad) of statues.

Conclusion
I suppose the message we should send to those outside of the Catholic Church who don’t get why we bow down before, kiss, put flowers in front of, etc. statues and icons, is that we Catholics take very seriously the biblical injunctions to praise and honor great members of God’s family (see, for example, Ps. 45:17; Luke 1:48; 1 Thess. 5:12–13; 1 Tim. 5:17; 1 Pet. 5:5–6, etc.). And we do not change our beliefs because either the world, or certain people who name the name of Christ may walk away from them.

We also believe, as Scripture makes very clear, that death does not separate us from the love of Christ (Rom. 8:38), or from his body, which is the Church (Col. 1:24). Our “elders in heaven” (cf. Rev. 5:8) should be honored as much or even more than our greatest members on earth. So having statues honoring God or great saints brings to mind the God we adore and the saints we love and respect. This is a no-brainer for Catholics. To us, having statues is just as natural as—you guessed it—having pictures in our wallets to remind us of the ones we love here on earth. But reminding ourselves of loved ones is a far cry from idolatry.
So Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers

Finally, produce a verse that forbids scripture in art form.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 23:9 "And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

Notice where your true father is, "He is in heaven", and we talk to Him in prayer. When we repent, we go to Him in Jesus name. Though we have physical fleshly fathers, we have but one Father of our souls, for God created our souls. There is only one creator of souls, and he is in heaven, and only God should be called Father. By deception, many are called father here on this earth, and have assumed the role of the Father, and Jesus is warning us of them. They expect you to come to them for confession, and they grant you forgiveness, however, there is a much more critical time coming just ahead, at the coming of Satan, the Antichrist when the whole world will call him father.
Calling our priests "father" does not mean they have the same role as The Father. That is a stupid conclusion based on prejudice and ignorance. Your derailer with the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession) is just as stupid, and totally unbiblical. If you don't like calling a Catholic priest "father", then don't. They don't care.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Calling our priests "father" does not mean they have the same role as The Father. That is a stupid conclusion based on prejudice and ignorance. Your derailer with the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession) is just as stupid, and totally unbiblical. If you don't like calling a Catholic priest "father", then don't. They don't care.

So what did Christ mean?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what did Christ mean?
Jesus was discouraging His followers from elevating the scribes and Pharisees to the titles of “fathers” and “rabbis” because they were hypocrites. Jesus warns us not to elevate anyone to the level of our heavenly Father.

Hyperbole is a literary device utilized to denote exaggeration. Jesus is not speaking literally in Matthew 23:9.
Acts 7:2; 22:1,1 John 2:13 – elders of the Church are called “fathers.” Anyone with 2 functioning brain cells knows that the elders of the Church are not being elevated to the level of God the Father. So why is Matthew 23:9 so difficult for you to go beyond the superficial literal approach?

Bullinger defines hyperbole as: “when more is said than is literally meant” (1968, p. 423). He also calls hyperbole “exaggeration.” We who use the English language are quite familiar with the use of hyperbole, even though we may not be as familiar with the term itself. When a teenager explains to her parent that “everybody” is going to be at the party, does she mean that literally the world’s population of 6.6 billion people will be there? Of course she does not. She is intentionally exaggerating to make a point. When a teacher explains to his class that “everybody” knows who the first president of the United States was, does the teacher believe all toddlers can correctly answer the question? No. Once again, the teacher is simply using a well-understood figure of speech to convey a point.

In a similar way, the Bible uses hyperbole on numerous occasions. Take John 4:39 as an example. In this passage, a Samaritan woman spoke of Jesus and said: “He told me all that I ever did”. Had Jesus really told that woman everything that she had ever done in her life? No, she was using hyperbole to make her point. That's what Jesus was doing in Matthew 23:9, using exaggeration to make a point. There are numerous examples in the Bible of hyperbole.
Paul calls himself a father in Christ Jesus in 1 Cor. 4:15 and we call our priests "father" for the same reason. If Catholics are guilty of violating Matthew 23:9 in it's literal sense, then so is Paul (who is not even using hyperbole in 1 Cor. 4:15).
If a Protestant minister addresses a priest as "Fr. So&so", (you can see that on you tube) it's because the minister has manners.
Those who make this silly charge against Catholics don't even have bishops.

Last edited:

goodserverity

May 13, 2021
Harbor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL OF THE OTHER PASSAGES ARE MISTRANLATED, PERVERTED TRANSLATIONS, THAT HAVE INSERTED AND ADDED THE WORDS “ MY SON “
THESE PASSAGES DO NOT EXIST IN THE MANUSCRIPTS.

Remember Php 2:22, But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel."

Here, Paul is expressing his emotional feelings, saying that Phillip serves with him as a son would serve with his own paternal physical father. Paul is not expressing that he is a Spiritual Father,

Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, The Anointing; - and all ye are brethren. :9 And call NO ONE your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. :10 Neither be ye called instructor : for one is your instructor, The Anointing.

Roman Catholics ask Where did Paul command = : do not call a teacher, instructor or an elder as = “ YOUR FATHER “

1Co 4:15
εαν IF - γαρ FOR - μυριους TEN THOUSAND - παιδαγωγους INSTRUCTORS - εχητε YOU HAVE - εν IN - χριστω THE ANOINTING

αλλ YET - ου NOT - πολλους MANY - πατερας FATHERS - εν IN - γαρ FOR - χριστω THE ANONTING - ιησου YAHASHUA -

IF FOR TEN THOUSAND INSTRUCTORS YOU HAVE IN THE ANOINTING - YET NOT MANY FATHERS IN FOR THE ANOINTING YAHASHUA

Paul is explaining that in Yahashua, The Anointing - God - we do not have instructors who are - Fathers

THE FACT IS - regarding Paul - calling Timothy his son Timothy’s father was a Greek and Timothy’s grandmother had taught him the scriptures in his childhood.. Timothy’s father was not around and is never mentioned throughout the scriptures.

Let's look at the original manuscript message and take each word - word by word and see how they compare to the Catholic Translation. Let’s see where the Trinitarian Translators have deceitfully added and inserted the words “ MY SON “ into the translation when this is not found in the manuscripts.

Geek Manuscripts - 1Co 4:17
δια The reason - τουτο that which - επεμψα is sent - υμιν you - τιμοθεον Timotheos - ος who - εστιν is τεκνον a son – μου I - αγαπητον belove - και also - πιστον faithful - εν in - κυριω The Lord - ος that - υμας you – αναμνησει remember – τας this - οδους way - μου I - τας that - εν in - χριστω the anointing - καθως how – πανταχου everywhere - εν in - παση all - εκκλησια the church - διδασκω teach

Meaning - = :17 - The reason that which is sent you Timotheos who is a son I belove also faithful in the Lord that you remember this way, I that in the anointing how everywhere in all the church I teach.

Geek Manuscripts - Php 2:22
την This is - δε also - δοκιμην proof - αυτου yourselves - γινωσκετε to know - οτι that - ως how - πατρι a fathers –
τεκνον son - συν is with - εμοι me - εδουλευσεν serving - εις unto - το the - ευαγγελιον gospel

Meaning - = Php 2:22 This is also proof yourselves to know that how a fathers son is with me serving unto the gospel.

Last edited:

goodserverity

May 13, 2021
Harbor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are more verses

Geek Manuscripts - 1Ti 1:2
1Ti 1:2 τιμοθεον Timotheos - γνησιω genuine - τεκνω son - εν in - πιστει faith - χαρις grace - ελεος mercy – ειρηνη peace - απο of - θεου God - πατρος Father - ημων of ours

- και also - χριστου The Anointing - ιησου Yahashua… - ιησου Yahashua - χριστου The Anointing - του the –
κυριου Lord – ημων of ours

Meaning - = 1Ti 1:2 Timotheos genuine son in faith, grace, mercy, peace of God The Father
ours, also The Anointing Yahashua. Yahashua The Anointing, the Lord of ours.

Geek Manuscripts - 1Ti 1:18

ταυτην This is - την the - παραγγελιαν charge - παρατιθεμαι committed - σοι you τεκνον son - τιμοθεε Timotheos – κατα upon - τας that - προαγουσας going before - επι upon - σε you - προφητειας prophesying - ινα this – στρατευη battle - εν in αυταις them - την is - καλην a good - στρατειαν warfare

Meaning - = 1Ti 1:18 This is the charge committed you son Timotheos upon that going before upon you prophesying this battle in them is a good warfare

Geek Manuscripts - Heb 12:5
Και And - εκλελησθε - forgotten - της the - παρακλησεως exhortation - ητις which - υμιν you - ως as like - υιοις a son - διαλεγεται I speak to - υιε sons - μου I - μη do not = ολιγωρει disparage / lower / belittle - παιδειας by chastening – κυριου The Lords - μηδε neither - εκλυου faint / weary - υπ under - αυτου his - ελεγχομενος reprove - admonishment

Meaning - = Heb 12:5 And forgotten the exhortation which you as like a son I speak to sons I do not disparage / lower / belittle by chastening The Lords, neither faint / weary under his reprove - admonishment.

Geek Manuscripts - 1Co 4:17
δια The reason - τουτο that which - επεμψα is sent - υμιν you - τιμοθεον Timotheos - ος who - εστιν is τεκνον a son - μου I αγαπητον belove και also πιστον faithful - εν in - κυριω The Lord - ος that - υμας you – αναμνησει remember - τας this - οδους way -
μου I - τας that - εν in - χριστω the anointing - καθως how - πανταχου everywhere - εν in - παση all – εκκλησια the church - διδασκω teach

Meaning - = 1Co 4:17 The reason that which is sent you Timotheos who is a son I belove also faithful in the Lord that you remember this way, I that in the anointing how everywhere in all the church I teach.

goodserverity

May 13, 2021
Harbor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here are the last of the verses

Geek Manuscripts - 1Ti 1:2
τιμοθεον Timotheos - γνησιω genuine - τεκνω son - εν in - πιστει faith - χαρις grace - ελεος mercy - ειρηνη peace - απο of - θεου God - πατρος Father - ημων ours
- και also - χριστου The Anointing - ιησου Yahashua… - ιησου Yahashua - χριστου The Anointing - του the - κυριου Lord - ημων ours

Meaning - = 1Ti 1:2 Timotheos genuine son in faith, grace, mercy, peace of God The Father ours, also The Anointing Yahashua. Yahashua The Anointing, the Lord ours.

This is the exact - word for word translation from the Greek manuscript. In 1Ti 1:2 - the translators delete the last part of the verse that says - Yahashua The Anointing, the Lord ours.

Geek Manuscripts - 1Ti 1:18
ταυτην This is - την the - παραγγελιαν charge - παρατιθεμαι committed - σοι you τεκνον son - τιμοθεε Timotheos – κατα upon - τας that - προαγουσας going before - επι upon - σε you - προφητειας prophesying - ινα this – στρατευη battle - εν in αυταις them - την is - καλην a good - στρατειαν warfare

Meaning - = = 1Ti 1:18 This is the charge committed you son Timotheos upon that going before upon you prophesying this battle in them is a good warfare

Geek Manuscripts - 2Ti 1:2
Τιμοθεω TIMOTHY - αγαπητω BELOVED - τεκνω SON - χαρις GRACE - ελεος MERCY - ειρηνη PEACE - απο FROM - θεου GOD - πατρος THE FATHER - και AND - χριστου THE ANOINTING - ιησου YAHASHUA - του THE - κυριου LORD - ημων OF ME

Meaning - = 2Ti 1:2 Timothy beloved son, grace, mercy, peace from God The Father and The Anointing, Yahashua, The Lord of me.

Geek Manuscripts - 2Ti 2:1
συ YOU - ουν THEREFORE - τεκνον SON - μου OF ME - ενδυναμου BE STRONG - εν IN - τη THE - χαριτι GRACE - τη THAT IS - εν IN - χριστω THE ANOINTING - ιησου YAHASHUA

Meaning - = 2Ti 2:1 You therefore son of me, be strong in the grace that is in the Anointing Yahashua.

Geek Manuscripts - Phm 1:10
{ Paul, a prisoner of Yahashua The Anointing }

Παρακαλω BESEECH - σε YOU - περι FOR - του THIS - εμου MY - τεκνου SON - ον WHOM IS - εγεννησα BEGOTTEN - εν IN - τοις THE - δεσμοις BONDS - μου OF ME - ονησιμον ONESIMUS

Meaning - = Phm 1:10 Beseech you for this my son whom is begotten in the bonds of me Onesimus.

Geek Manuscripts - 1Pe 5:13 ασπαζετα GREETINGS - υμας YOU - η THAT - εν IN - Βαβυλωνι BABYLON - συνεκλεκτη ELECTED TOGETHER - και AND - μαρκος MARCUS - ο THE - Υιος SON - μου OF ME

Meaning - = 1Pe 5:13 Greetings, you that in Babylon, elected together and Marcus, the son of me.

We find that in the manuscripts only THREE passages Paul expresses that he was feeling that Marcus, ONESIMUS and Timothy were to him as his own PATERNAL SONS serving with him as HIS literal sons in the Gospel

In the rest of the passages where we find Paul calling the people he is INSTRUCTING AND TEACHING as His Sons

These passages are mistranslations and the words “ MY SON “ were literally added into the Translation.

I posted every single last verse in the N.T. where the Trinitarian Translators have Paul referring to those he instructs and teaches as “ HIS SONS “

Only three times in the entire N.T. does Paul refer to anyone as his son- and he makes it clear under special circumstances that he feels as they are his paternal sons.

He feels as though these believers are literally his own children - paternally.

Paul and Yahashua also make it strongly clear, commanding that never are we to call instructors and teachers as - FATHERS.

A spiritual father does not exist in Paul's relationship with anyone. Roman Catholics and the KJV Copy Cat Translations simply have no manuscripts for their faith and claims.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are no "original manuscripts". They don't exist. What we have are extant copies. St. Jerome in the 4th century had a big mess to clean up. He was fluent in Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew and took all "manuscripts" available and translated them into the Latin Vulgate. Latin, at the time, was a language well known to anyone who could read. He also had the help of Jewish rabbis. The Douay/Reims version was translated directly from the Latin Vulgate, predating the KJV by 11 years.
Has anyone noticed that "sola scriptura" is a Latin phrase?
I guess that fully explains the absurd translation of this OT verse... Found in the Douay Jesuit version.
Habakkuk 3:18
‭But I will rejoice in the Lord: and I will joy in God my Jesus.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Jesus was discouraging His followers from elevating the scribes and Pharisees to the titles of “fathers” and “rabbis” because they were hypocrites. Jesus warns us not to elevate anyone to the level of our heavenly Father.

Hyperbole is a literary device utilized to denote exaggeration. Jesus is not speaking literally in Matthew 23:9.
Acts 7:2; 22:1,1 John 2:13 – elders of the Church are called “fathers.” Anyone with 2 functioning brain cells knows that the elders of the Church are not being elevated to the level of God the Father. So why is Matthew 23:9 so difficult for you to go beyond the superficial literal approach?

Bullinger defines hyperbole as: “when more is said than is literally meant” (1968, p. 423). He also calls hyperbole “exaggeration.” We who use the English language are quite familiar with the use of hyperbole, even though we may not be as familiar with the term itself. When a teenager explains to her parent that “everybody” is going to be at the party, does she mean that literally the world’s population of 6.6 billion people will be there? Of course she does not. She is intentionally exaggerating to make a point. When a teacher explains to his class that “everybody” knows who the first president of the United States was, does the teacher believe all toddlers can correctly answer the question? No. Once again, the teacher is simply using a well-understood figure of speech to convey a point.

In a similar way, the Bible uses hyperbole on numerous occasions. Take John 4:39 as an example. In this passage, a Samaritan woman spoke of Jesus and said: “He told me all that I ever did”. Had Jesus really told that woman everything that she had ever done in her life? No, she was using hyperbole to make her point. That's what Jesus was doing in Matthew 23:9, using exaggeration to make a point. There are numerous examples in the Bible of hyperbole.
Paul calls himself a father in Christ Jesus in 1 Cor. 4:15 and we call our priests "father" for the same reason. If Catholics are guilty of violating Matthew 23:9 in it's literal sense, then so is Paul (who is not even using hyperbole in 1 Cor. 4:15).
If a Protestant minister addresses a priest as "Fr. So&so", (you can see that on you tube) it's because the minister has manners.
Those who make this silly charge against Catholics don't even have bishops.

I disagree ,think He said it for a reason (IMO) directed straight at the catholic church .However I will not judge .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
images (30).jpeg
I can't believe you said that with a straight face.

1Samuel 4:4
‭So the people sent to Shiloh, that they might bring from thence the ark of the covenant of the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth ‭between‭ the cherubims: and the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, ‭were‭ there with the ark of the covenant of God.

KJV Revelation 4:2, 6
2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Call no man father

Typical fundamentalist misunderstandings!

Matt 23:9
Call no man Father?

Is this an absolute requirement?
Or is Our Savior condemning pride and spiritual pride of the Pharisees?

God calls men father!

Ex 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus calls men father!

Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Mary calls men father!

Lk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peter calls men father!

Acts3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

The stephen calls men father!

Acts 7 Stephen quotes the fathers over and over!

The Bible calls men father!

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Then there is spiritual fathers!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Peter, Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Isa 22 the administrator of the kingdom is called father, so the same for Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

And George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, etc... are often called the "Founding Fathers" of the United States, and yes even by protestants...

Abraham is known as Father Abraham, the Father of many nations, as you pointed out, and we even heard the song Father Abraham in Protestant schools and even Sunday School.

goodserverity

May 13, 2021
Harbor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am truly sorry, Three times Paul directly says that Timothy, Phillip and Onesimus are - my sons
I tried to correct this in the edit but was not able to make the correction.

As a believer, I believe the existing Textus Receptus are original in that they transmit the original message of the original manuscripts.

Not that they are the original preserved physical ancient documents themselves.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 16005
I can't believe you said that with a straight face.

1Samuel 4:4
‭So the people sent to Shiloh, that they might bring from thence the ark of the covenant of the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth ‭between‭ the cherubims: and the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, ‭were‭ there with the ark of the covenant of God.

KJV Revelation 4:2, 6
2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
@Illuminator
The church might not have been able to accomplish that feat with real cherubims or real beasts, but she did her best with what she had, and thus has produced the best counterfeit she could and sufficient to delude millions. Only by a correct understanding of the scripture is her deception revealed.
KJV 2 Thessalonians 2:4
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I thought you were old enough to be familiar with this common knowledge - it is all over the internet.

Click Here shorturl.at/brPTZ

This will explain what I was referring to.

1Co_4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
Reverence honor and devotion are not worship adoration or offering of sacrifice